20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gk_usa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7817 4 years ago

Dumb question. Have a NIB GB Pro. I think my slimer arm is bent and out of place. Where is he supposed to come down on the playfield. Over 3x, over middle Lane? Obviously I can adjust him to wherever I want but I'm just curious if there is a position that is considered standard.

#7820 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should cover the lane to the pops and maybe over the 3x target just a tad.
The one on location near me allows you to graze him as you go up the ramp. It’s awesome.

Quoted from oradke:

My GBpro plays the same. Slimer sits between 3x and the flash-insert, and when he's down I graze him about 1/3rd of the time when I hit the ramp.

Thanks!

How likely is a full manual plunge on GB to go around the orbit? Is it always smooth? I feel like mine gets caught up almost all of the time. Yet auto plunge doesn't seem to have issues, just manual. Thoughts?

#7825 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Plunger off centre to hitting the ball. May need to be adjusted

Is center the best or maybe slightly above center to create a rolling top spin like in pool?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You never want to plunge all the way around. You want to get your skill shot at the lanes.

I understand that the top skill shot area is preferred but I don't think I should always get it just by full plunging

#7832 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Regardless of how people think he should be shooting from the shooter lane, the ball should still orbit when given a full shot, so something is wrong..

Yes, thank you!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Isn’t there a cover for the right orbit bend that helps with this?

Can you elaborate? How or why would this help?

#7833 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I installed that and in my instance, it didnt help at all.
Funny enough, my problem was different than his. My problem was with the auto plunger never making it around but doing it manually was never a problem. Luckily for me, the new code gave an auto plunger adjustment and now my problem is gone.
That curve there on GB is a bad design with the way the ball comes out from plunge.. but im sure its fixable one way or another.
Perhaps that cover might work for them. He needs to really take a good look at what is making the ball stop its travel.

I'll try to record it in slow mo

#7838 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That will definitely help to figure the problem...

Is there a way to put the game in test mode? Or more specifically, open the two orbit Gates with the game not on or just in service mode?

#7857 4 years ago

Those who have put on Titans, what size is recommended for flippers? Did you use same size as spec or different size?

When you did it, did you decide to "upgrade" all the rubbers or just the flippers?

#7864 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I did Titan glow in the dark. Color fits the theme perfect.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I went with all clear. Brightens it up and looks great.

Can you share pics? I like glow maybe for flippers. But everywhere seems like a lot. Clear could be nice in some key areas.

1 month later
#8067 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the playfield for the misspelled "reinforcement" insert. If you have that, it's an initial run playfield (the run that had issues).[quoted image]

Is that really accurate? I mean mine has build date of July 2018 and I don't think it would be associated with an early batch run playfield?

I may be wrong but just curious on your thoughts.

#8069 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Only te early run playfields had the misspelling. Stern recycled them when they thought no one was looking. Lots of new European ones popped up later with the "bad" playfields. Maybe they thought since it was in English no one would notice in Europe.

But I'm not European nor was the place I bought it from when it was NIB...

Let's just assume this playfield is "bad". What other indicators would there be? No ghosting thus far, but I'm not entirely sure what the hell that is, lol.

I mean maybe it's possible that this playfield at one point was bad and when they replaced someone's under warranty (read some were lucky to get that) they fixed the problem with the "bad" playfield and put it in there later builds?

Do the playfields have timestamps?

#8071 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is reinforcement misspelled on the insert? Pretty easy to tell if you have one.

Yes, hence my questions

#8073 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Yes, hence my questions

I mean a few days ago you said to watch out for playfields that have that problem without really expanding. Imagine my surprise when my July '18 build has that, that was NIB 2 months ago.

So just curious on what I should watch out for, cause clearly Stern didnt seem to care to put this playfield on a game that was 2 years in production

#8074 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have a playfield from the original run, then. If you can live with the spelling error and there are no other issues, there's not much you can do about it now, which I'm sure is why Stern pulled this.

I love being the lucky one!

#8079 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I have one as well. Original owner of NIB and I have no issues. Iam very happy with my game never selling it will give it to my son one day.i think it’s cool it’s misspelled. Just shows we are human!

Truth be told I am in the same camp. But I thought I read the early playfields had other issues as well, ones that mattered more, which is why I was asking the question.

As far as I can tell mine is playing and looking great as well...

Don't usually misprints resale for more? Heh

#8081 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, Pro. I only know the Prem/LE, so you may be right.

I didn't mean to be like oh you are wrong. I certainly didn't know about any of these differences. I just had to ask the question though.

#8087 4 years ago

I don't think we need a 100 vote tallies at this point. It was not my intention with my initial question/concern to flood the forum with "ayes" and "nays".

#8127 4 years ago

I was doing some work with the ramp assembly and putting on cliffys, etc. I thought I kept everything in order. Can someone tell me if I'm missing a spacer or something at the top of that right post of the storage facility scoop? What makes me think I'm missing something is that angle of the stainless metal bracket that spans both sides.

Unfortunately the manual does not go into the detail required for this question.

I have GB pro

Thanks
IMG_20200315_095803 (resized).jpgIMG_20200315_095803 (resized).jpg

#8129 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

I was doing some work with the ramp assembly and putting on cliffys, etc. I thought I kept everything in order. Can someone tell me if I'm missing a spacer or something at the top of that right post of the storage facility scoop? What makes me think I'm missing something is that angle of the stainless metal bracket that spans both sides.
Unfortunately the manual does not go into the detail required for this question.
I have GB pro
Thanks
[quoted image]

Or is my order of operations on the post left of the scoop off?

3 weeks later
#8175 3 years ago

I second the install of the modified stand up target brackets. Completely solves airballs.

3 weeks later
#8241 3 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

Hey folks, I just picked up a GB Pro. It works well, only very slight issue I am having is that the subway eject really pops the ball up more than pushes it out. I lowered the power setting but didn't know if there was a better known tweak. The problem with the power setting is that I want it to get to the left flipper, but to be strong enough to get there it's gonna bounce quite a bit.
-ben

Hi, I had the very same issue. There was no rhyme or reason for why it started happening. I could hit the pinball in the air with the left flipper on like power 15.
I didn't want to know what would have happened at max power.

The solution for me...
Cliff over at passionforpinball.com sells a stern diamond kickout protector. He doesn't advertise it with the Ghostbusters package but this little guy, number one, is good to have if you don't have one as it will keep that wooden cutout from rounding out over time, number two, can give you the ability to adjust the height at which the ball sits in the storage facility eject. You install from underneath, and the top, on mine, currently sits a hair below the surface which in turn makes the ball sit a tiny bit higher then it would normally when contacting the wood alone. Seems counter intuitive but it works and you can't complain about results.

Email him, mention he's recently help solve a flying ball out of storage facility eject on GB pro and you too want the stern diamond kickout protector to solve that very problem. If you don't have cliffys anywhere else you may also consider buying those as well... You'll save yourself in shipping (unlike me)

#8255 3 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

Update: I was able to fix this by adding a washer under the kicker assembly on the rear screw. This small of a change to the angle on the ball was enough to go from airballs to smoothly coming out.

Makes sense. I think I had tried something like that as well but never got it to work. Probably never did enough tilting...

Still recommend the diamond cutout protection.

#8286 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep, it's really cool too!

Why do I get the sense that this is the old 9th green at 9 trick?

3 weeks later
#8344 3 years ago

Has anyone come across the issue of the ball getting thrown back down left ramp? If so what was your solution? At times ball seems to hop which makes the ball unstable going up ramp.

Always interesting how things that never happen start to just happen...

2 years later
#11418 1 year ago

Anyone have the left ramp register more than once with a single shot? How to resolve?

1 month later
#11573 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

My grandson wanted to hear the scream which I leave on anyway. He said what scream papa I said just keep playing he loved it. I’ve got video but can’t get it to load.

Does anyone know the frequency one should get the scream? I haven't heard it in forever and when i looked in settings it is still active.

2 months later
#11785 10 months ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

“Don’t shut it off!” The GB storage facility plastic felt uninspired, so I created a 3d sculpt that accepts the existing light boards and features Lock 1 & 2 lettering. There's also a wedge base that rotates it towards the player for better visibility. Uploaded for free download on the Printables site.
Link to 3D Print files:
https://www.printables.com/model/478592-ghostbusters-pinball-storage-facility-3d-sculpt-mo

Ok, dumb question...do you paint this with like model car paint?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gk_usa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=gk_usa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.