New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158155)

Ghostbusters Club - We Got One!!!

By 30FathomDave

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,878 posts
  • 715 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Tjohejsan
  • Topic is favorited by 269 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,673 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-11-25-18-38-42 (resized).jpg
IMG_3982 (resized).JPG
IMG_3978 (resized).JPG
IMG_3980 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8762 (resized).jpg
C3A46B35-B443-4954-938A-6B08B06D7C28 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
2573626B-9D7A-47A3-97A6-5BD3E58514EE (resized).jpeg
FF120A9B-FA78-472F-805D-B2275F4A58C0 (resized).jpeg
5713752D-1999-46EC-863E-F73AA802B3C4 (resized).jpeg
AFF0B540-ECF4-49C5-B413-829E69B699D5 (resized).jpeg
38F687D3-D891-4678-96AB-28C5F2E4F9BA (resized).jpeg
418AC15F-D784-48C7-897C-C6587E1A817F (resized).jpeg
IMG_8278 (resized).jpg
215CC573-3E9C-4682-BD48-3ED097FF78E2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (3 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider enjoyvelvet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1960 3 years ago

I unexpectedly picked up a Pro last night from a fellow Pinsider for $4500. Like new condition with a Nov. build date. Such a fun game! Sadly, I sold my Back to the Future to fund it but I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. I think GB is a heck of an upgrade to my collection! Mine includes the bag w/ the manual etc but is there a warranty card included? The previous owner said he never registered it so I'm hoping I can register it to obtain the warranty (hopefully no issues).

#1963 3 years ago

Thanks for the info guys! No ghosting issues...I actually prefer that I bought this "used" because its already been tweaked, has a couple cool mods, and plays really well! Any resources for the Stern shaker motor (and not the aftermarket Pinball Life one)? Now I gotta save for a topper too. Damn this hobby

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Totally agree. For me, with some fine-tuning, my magna-slings went from "interesting" to "awesome". Specifically, here's what I did: 1) Changed to translucent rubber rings from Pinball Life, then, on the slings, moved the large ring lower, and the small rings higher, 2) Adjusted the gap on the leaf switches (to be a just a tad more sensitive), and 3) Using a reliable level, set the playfield pitch to 6.5 degrees (interestingly, according to my Craftsman level, the pitch was only 5.9 degrees when the game's bubble was centered). With this setup, I really appreciate what the designers created. It's as if the magna-slings become "possessed by ghosts", doing more crazy stuff as the game progresses, with corresponding sound effects. And yeah, once in a while you even see two or three balls cluster together in front of a sling, doing some sort of slow dance. Well done.

For a Pro the slings just use a standard 2 1/2 rubber right? Is there an additional smaller rubber on the slings?? I think I'm gonna get some of the translucent ones too for mine. I hate the standard black rubber.

#1980 3 years ago

Just for record keeping sake and reference my playfield has a date of 10/20/16 and I have no issues with Ghosting etc. Cabinet build is Nov. 2016. Also does anyone know what the " H5* Harold" sticker signifies?

IMG_3355 (resized).JPG

IMG_3356 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Reachout to Cliffy and he'll hook you up.

Is it a pretty easy install or a PITA? Anyone have pics of them installed in their GB? My Pro is going strong with no PF issues...October playfield and Nov. build. LOVE this machine. Wish I could afford the topper

#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok so reporting back on the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade. I ordered the 10" Spike kit for my Ghostbusters. The install was very easy. I have installed FF kits on both SAM (Star Trek) and WPC (TZ) games and been happy with the results.
Wow. This is a completely different level altogether in terms of audio. The highs are crisp, the midrange is tight and the bass is fantastic. There are so many details is the audio for this game that the stock speakers do a horrible job of reproducing. This is a no brainer upgrade and makes the single biggest difference vs any upgrade I can think of. The audio quality in GB is fantastic and Spike + FF makes a huge difference.

Easy swap out? Anyone post any videos of an install on their machine? Can you post a link to the kit you bought...sounds like a must have!

1 week later
#2340 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

100% YES. I cannot imagine living without them.
Every time I hike the playfield up I thank the stars those rails are there.
Truly a must have in my opinion.

Easy install? Any difference between PBL and the Stern ones? Can you even order Stern rails?

3 weeks later
#2642 3 years ago

How many of you guys have ordered the topper? I'm trying to save up and justify buying one to myself. It's gonna happen but man $500 is so much money for a dang topper!

#2677 3 years ago

Damn it. I couldn't wait. I ordered a topper. Can't wait to get it!

#2678 3 years ago

I also just finished a video for my Ghostbusters...keep free to check it out and subscribe to my channel!

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Good for you! I know people are buying them, but I wish it was an open discussion. I'm thinking due to the price, its not talked about much for fear of criticism. Personally, I want to get one, I just keep putting it off. If the next code update adds anything new to it, that might be all it takes to get me to order one.

I sold one of my guitars that doesn't get much play to fund it. I couldn't justify using my savings for something trivial like that. It really completes the machine to me so hopefully it arrives soon. I got it on eBay from Classicgamerooms. They need to get it shipped!

#2744 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

One of these you mean?
Just got mine

Nice! Is that a pain to get to and install? Does that much need to come off? Gonna order one

#2755 3 years ago

Ordered my topper from Classicgamerooms on eBay for $504.00 with "fast and free shipping" on 4.4.17. As of today my topper still hasn't shipped. I contacted them and the owner told me they weren't in stock but he has 10 on the way and is expecting them in tomorrow 4.10.17. Seems pretty deceiving to list an item you don't even have in stock. I was hoping to have my topper by tomorrow at the latest. Anyone else dealt with this company? They have great feedback on eBay somehow! Hopefully it actually ships tomorrow.

#2756 3 years ago

IMG_4150 (resized).PNG

#2759 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jason is our local ATL Stern Distro. Good guy. I have bought 3 NIB Stern games from him and have been happy.

Yea I've ordered from them before without issue. I'm not trying to be a pain with him but he doesn't seem to get why I would be frustrated that my order hasn't shipped a week later when the listing said in stock (and still does).

4 weeks later
#3020 3 years ago

Can someone point to where this Mylar is on the Pro? Just want to be sure. Also, do you need to use freeze spray or just pick at it?

1 week later
#3140 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

And the LED looks more like pinpoints of colored light to me. I prefer the LCD in anything it fits in, LED when it does not.

Has color DMD released one for GB??

1 year later
#5066 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldschool84:

Just fried my cabinet node board (520-6967-00) after installing a Pinball Life shaker motor (For Spike). I've heard the same thing happening with Stern "approved" shakers as well. I ordered a new board last night (520-6967-72 [This revised/updated board replaces the 520-6967-00])... Wondering what the differences are?

Yup, this happened to me too and Stern sent me a replacement newer node board on my Pro. Regarding the playfields, I have an Oct. 2016 build with the misspelling and no ghosting issues and a solid cabinet.

#5073 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Marco had them but they’re sold out. You can order through your distributor, though.

Any special requirements to mount it or just replace the flat library and use the existing screws/Mount?

#5087 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Contact your distributor. Part #545-9836-01.
They are not rare or limited. Stern had a ton.

Thanks for the part number!

1 week later
#5094 2 years ago

According to July Stern of the Union Ghostbusters is officially on the list for an update...man I hope it's a huge one.

"Aerosmith updates are deep in development and still slated for a mid-Summer release. KISS will follow Aerosmith’s updates, followed by Ghostbusters"

4 months later
#5485 2 years ago

Here is my review of the LED version including extended gameplay from two angles. Really like the look, fit, and finish of the LED display.

#5494 2 years ago

I did note it in the video at the beginning of the gameplay. GoPro Hero 4 and iPhone X

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Could you note the camera used for filming this? It looks good. I can't get anything with lights to show up even remotely properly on the phone, and I always wish I had better video for when I show my mods (for example, there's a sneak peek of a future mod release in my video, and it's just washed out completely [turning the brightness down to see any distinction darkens everything beyond reality and still leaves brighter parts blown out]).

2 months later
#5717 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Better late than never, I suppose! I am finally in the club! Delivered today, with a Dec 06, 2018 build date. Now to do everything that you all recommended - Thanks!
[quoted image]

Nice! Is Ghostbusters still on the assembly line then? Thats just last month!

4 months later
#6265 1 year ago

Canadian Arcade has an Instagram shot of them downloading the code.

#6269 1 year ago
EC697A71-C73E-4971-BD8A-90724CEC5CBB (resized).png
#6352 1 year ago

Zombie Yeti confirmed that code is coming

5A340418-D908-4B05-B3C3-6899CBE12853 (resized).png
#6363 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is this a recent comment or the one from months ago?

It’s from two days ago. He seems really excited about it but isn’t allowed to say much. Bring on the epic update Stern! Cmon!

3 weeks later
#6419 1 year ago

Cmon Stern! Make it a massive update!

F2BEB14D-4819-4EC0-BF79-D37F3DC3D137 (resized).png
1 week later
#6465 1 year ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The striping on the ghost catching screens for the LED is a known issue and we will be issuing a fix. Have not seen the slimer screen without color.

Will this fix include making the river of slime pink instead of green? Looking forward to the update!

1 month later
#6826 1 year ago

screw you naysayers! It's coming and it's big!
"Ghostbusters – The Ghostbusters update has been progressing nicely with the team entering the testing phase."

3 weeks later
#7151 1 year ago

Direct quote from Dwight on the "code update imminent" thread...

"1 -
We recorded the podcast on Sunday, when I said next week I meant this week; the week we are currently in. We are still aiming at releasing the code this week. I do not think it will happen tomorrow(Tuesday). Please stop banging your head against a wall.

2 -
Please try the game as designed at least for 20 or 30 games. I made the game much easier but there is also much more game added to the back end. If after 20 or 30 games you are beating ARE YOU A GOD? too often, or at all. Then think about making the game harder. Also, GB can be a beast. Now that its easier you will still have bad games. It will be more volatile. This is by design.

Lastly, if you want to make the game harder start with turning the number of ball saves down to 1. Also consider turning off the extra extra ball. Maybe.

3 -
I look forward to any and all thoughts as everyone starts playing the new code."

Seems like maybe they are shooting for Wednesday or Thursday for code to drop? (crossing fingers)

#7294 1 year ago

Where is the COLORDMD update?!

1 week later
#7432 1 year ago

Spinner now activates the topper!!! I’m excited about that one. Wow Dwight, thank you man. Hope you got my thank you card lol

1 week later
#7511 1 year ago

Speaking of colorDMD...they have been radio silent...any word on the game update?

2 weeks later
#7620 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It's all colored now. Looks good.
Pink slime and all!

Yes pink slime! Good work Color DMD. Will update tonight

1 week later
#7648 1 year ago
Quoted from EBDixson:

Does anyone ever get random audio squelches (for lack of better terms) between games? It is like a loud pop. I have the "scream" turned off and the sound is completely different. It will typically happen every dozen games or so. Sometimes more frequently.

Do you mean when you get the number "match" at the end of a game?

1 month later
#7787 11 months ago

I'm confused. Is this different than the ColorDMD firmware update that came out last month around the release of 1.17? I did that update but wondering if I need to update again?

#7794 11 months ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The Chroma ROM updates in November included some unannounced updates for Ghostbusters.
The announced 4.2 Ghostbusters release includes some additional fixes and support for older Rev 1.2 and 1.3x boards.

Ok so I don’t need to update again if I have the newer LCD chroma board? Either way appreciate this update!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester Hills, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider enjoyvelvet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside