IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider enaud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#765 7 years ago

I got several games in on a GBLE this weekend at the SFGE. The ecto goggles were pretty cool. Blew away a terror dog and it looked very entertaining. The magnetic slings were just fine, I couldn't tell any significant difference from regular slings. Now, this particular model had the ecto-1 siren topper on it and I must say, it sucks. I think if I raided the goodwill store, and Harbor Freight for some LEDs, I could make something that looks about the same. I have a GBLE on order but will definitely pass on this topper.
Now, here's a topper I'm toying with. I don't know how it will look (possibly terrible) but I'm gonna give it a try. I got the slimer bank from Toys R Us. I'm going to cut a circular plexi and place it on top of a microwave turntable motor mounted on top of the backbox. So, slimer will slowly rotate around on top of the backbox. Shine some light on him, and who knows. I think it will be fun just to see what it looks like.

2 months later
#1498 7 years ago

#470 has landed! Build date August 31. I'm glad mine is coming at the end of the run. Hopefully the bugs have been worked out by now. Anyway, I've unboxed it and set it up in my game room. It's just too late tonight to go any further with it.
First look: I don't see any ghosting inserts (yet). The captive ball fix is installed. The side rails match! So far everything looks perfect.
My distro promised to work with me immediately if I encounter any problems. He was very much interested in me telling him of any problems I encounter. I think he has a vested interest because his arrived today as well.
I will test slimmer tomorrow, install a few fixes and dial it in. More photos to follow.
Cheers!

IMG_7780 (resized).JPGIMG_7780 (resized).JPG
IMG_7784 (resized).JPGIMG_7784 (resized).JPG

#1500 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Really wouldn't mind a GB set up thread curious how everyone is playing, stock, bigger flippers center post etc

I've had a busy day today getting #470 ready to play.
I've finished it all up, but I'm going to hold off playing for a few days, considering how new the playfield is (playfield date 8/12). Besides it's almost game time. Roll Tide!

I made a little how to guide for myself and I hope it might help you (your mileage may vary).
So here goes.
1. Verify playfield support rail bolts are secured.
2. Level to 6.5 degrees.
3. Test all switches and lights.
4. Vacuum inside cabinet. (it had just a few bits of wood/saw dust in it.)
5. Verify connectors are all secured.
6. Install plumb bob.
7. Wax playfield.
8. Disable shaker motor and unplug it. (I'm going to wait a while before plugging it up, in order to allow for some playfield curing time.)
9. Test Slimer for dragging. It's clear! No adjustment necessary!!!
10. Install Scollari brothers spring fix.
11. Install mylar in shooter lane.
12. Install mylar in playfield drain.
13. Install lane kickout protector.
14. Install shooter lane protector.
15. Install green shooter spring.
16. Lower coil pulse power.
17. Create plastic to reduce airballs.

I did find a piece of sandpaper on the playfield about the size of a quarter.
I printed off MT45's airball plastic pdf and taped it to a piece of 1/4 mdf. Then I trimmed it down on the band saw and cleaned up the saw marks with a file. Now I have a template to work with. Using carpet tape I taped the template to a piece of plexi and ripped it on the table saw. Then I finished up with a flush trim bit on the router table and ended up with a nice looking plastic!!! Thanks so much, MT45, for your template!!! It was rather fun to get in the shop and do a little work.
I'm attaching some pictures of the protectors, mylar work and plastic creation.
Hope this helps everyone with their GB setups.
Cheers!

IMG_7787 (resized).JPGIMG_7787 (resized).JPG

IMG_7803 (resized).JPGIMG_7803 (resized).JPG

IMG_7805 (resized).JPGIMG_7805 (resized).JPG

IMG_7806 (resized).JPGIMG_7806 (resized).JPG

IMG_7808 (resized).JPGIMG_7808 (resized).JPG

IMG_7809 (resized).JPGIMG_7809 (resized).JPG

IMG_7811 (resized).JPGIMG_7811 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#1832 7 years ago

Thanks for the video link Trekkie. I checked out my LE#470. It does not have that white plastic there. The leads on the flasher do have a piece of tape covering them up. Do you all think that is sufficient protection?

Edit: I thought about it a few more minutes and decided it would be safest to go ahead and install a piece of double sided tape there, as Todd did in the video. Better safe than sorry!

1 year later
#4932 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Paint a board flat black and glue all that to the board then run a screw to hold it on.

That's what I did for my little homemade topper. Attached all the figures on 1/4 inch mdf board that I had painted flat black. Then secured that scene to the top of the backbox with a screw. Easy peasy.

1 year later
#7199 4 years ago

Wow. Just updated the code. I'm not a great player and I got 741M GC on the first game!
It plays longer now and I have seen parts of the game now that I never got to before.
Thanks Dwight and team!

2 years later
#10659 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

A buddy of mine was having a similar problem with the drops on Deadpool, wracked his brain for a while then stumbled on this service bulletin for World Poker tour. This fixed his deadpool drops. Might be helpful with this issue too. check it out:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb165.pdf

This worked for me just now! My drop targets on GBLE had gotten to where they wouldn't stay up at all. I have the replacement springs installed. I added the washer per the service bulletin and it's working now!

3 months later
#10869 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My right hand Scoleri Brothers drop target only works occasionally. The left side works fine. The right side will standup just every once in a while. I swapped the left hand and right hand Optos with each other and see no change, so it is not the Optos.
Any ideas where to look for this intermittent problem? Could it be something with the solenoid coil?
Thanks.

These two posts solved the same problem I was having. Take a look at your Scoleri's and apply these fixes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/213#post-6788784
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/213#post-6788794

If you find that the plastic drop target rest ledge is broken, you can get replacements at Marco.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-6163-01

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
15,699 (OBO)
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider enaud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=enaud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.