20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago

LE on order

3 weeks later
#435 7 years ago

what's the most characters you can enter for a high score?

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

10 characters.

thank you

#506 7 years ago

women don't have any problems playing mass hysteria. They always get their left/right wrong re giving directions when you're driving.

2 weeks later
#684 7 years ago
Quoted from lash:

New Pro Siderails

much better than stern ones

1 month later
#1078 7 years ago

We got one today

box2_(resized).jpgbox2_(resized).jpg

#1080 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

I see what you did there

Faulty stern packaging lol

1 week later
#1210 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Look out for over tightening the nuts on the metal piece over the balls. I tried to add another ball and it worked fine at first, but either I did it or somehow that metal piece got bend a little so the target would get stuck on it and not move. Loosening them helped.

I think you could have a problem. when taking off the metal roof, the phillips screw you removed goes in a plastic post. What you may not have noticed and it could be lying somewhere in the game is the post also has a small black spacer that sat on top of it. I didn't notice it and it appeared during a game rolling down the middle of the pf. This spacer sets the roof higher to allow for the target to have clearance.

1 week later
#1342 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ST has mini 3-deep ladders and 6 to chose from at any given mode start. Like GB, I do not like the modes that force replay and completion....but it's a bit more varied than GB.
Spider-Man has random modes. All the white arrow modes - pops change what order they're lit, and you aren't forced to complete them. If you win, you get a shot multiplier, if you time or or drain, you're onto the next mode. No one has ever had an issue with the villain modes being sequential since you can stack them with each other and white modes - and again, no repetitive replays.

Each to their own as far as likes and opinions. GB rules are fine and unique compared to the vast number of non sequential games out there. Lots to choose and buy from. Now I have games like TZ etc that are non sequential or have played Sterns where stacking etc can occur. To me its like having your wife telling you to put out the garbage, the kids wanting your attention, and the dog shitting on your lounge room floor all at the same time. Doing all these tasks at once means a half ass attempt at all. Same with non sequential games. Get several modes going, flip like hell at nothing and hope to stay alive until you get another series of modes running at once. Really no real need to aim for shots is there, just don't lose the ball. Another way to view sequential games is to watch 5 tv's at once imo.

#1344 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Have you considered divorce?

Many times lol

#1364 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Please please please. Stop the useless debate about the ladder vs random. I like ladder because it slowly gets harder. It's the way the game is written. I don't like the random aspect because ther makes no sense as to what's going on. Some newer sterns I have had the discussion. How did you do that? Don't know just kept hitting the ball that way.
So please if you don't like the game don't buy it. If you want to play and see I'm sure you'll get your money back if went for sale quickly. Just don't be one of those people with under 300 plays and huo for sale "didn't like the game". That's like drivin around the block and selling your car.
As an example of non issues. I don't hear any more bitching about magna slings or need for carrot flippers. If you think it drains a lot play space invaders.

And you were saying. Look in the dictionary for the definition of 'drain monster' and you will see this photo.....lol

WIN_20160801_214548_(resized).JPGWIN_20160801_214548_(resized).JPG

#1366 7 years ago

I just found it funny that out of all my games, these two are side by side on their own and the others are on a line on the opposite wall. Go figure.

1 month later
#1539 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

For those have installed the official Stern captive ball mod/fix - does you ball hit the target much less now? I don't think I've started the Scoleri Brothers since I've installed it. The wire is not bent in either.

mate is the ball moving freely up and down? Also did you have the extra ball fix previously in place? If yes to both, then you probably never had many clean shots at the captive in the past. I found with the extra ball fix I could nudge the game forward and the ball would activate the target. Same with the slightest of hit to the captive will also activate the target. With the wire fix, you now need to have good, clean hits to make it count as the game was designed.

Otherwise check the target isn't stuck activated and the ball moves freely.

3 weeks later
#1802 7 years ago

anyone complete all ladders and played the next wizard. I got to one shot away and sdtm. Is there more graphics for this mode and if so is it good?

1 month later
#1837 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Finally got mine today (money down in March). I've added Protectors and some mods.
I couldn't be happier. The playfield is gorgeous and it's just s blast to play.

Congrats, but I'd put that hammer away asap. The game can be very frustrating in the beginning and you may be tempted to use the hammer on it lol. In fact its still frustrating at times and I've had mine since August

2 weeks later
#1879 7 years ago

Totally, what the heck is up with that?!
Adjustable outlane posts shouldn't need a hole punch and a hammer to change the position.

Took me forever. I used a open ended spanner with 1/8 at best turns to unscrew the rhs one. What it taught me was that I have a lot of patience otherwise it would have turned me into a serial killer.

#1885 7 years ago

You must have the patience of a saint, I took a few goes at it and I wanted to climb a clocktower with an Uzi!!

Lol

4 weeks later
#1900 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is there no way to increase the spinner level except for the random awards? Has anyone legitimately beaten the Terror Dog champion score of 75 million? The best I have ever done is 1/3 of that and only because I had 6x scoring going.
Rob

Lower it under adjustments

#1901 7 years ago

100% plus for Paul's Leg Light ups, I have the green on the front and I had comments on NYE with friends over who all thought they looked great and came from the factory like that

Looks really nice mate

#1903 7 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Get yourself a 1/4" deep socket and you can move them with ease.

Yes I did for next time. Bought a whole set of deep sockets just in case

#1910 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Mode start question: as an example if I am running Who Brought the Dog and I finish the mode using the left ramp then We Got One starts automatically. I wish completing a mode would then light all modes so I can shoot for what mode I want to start next. This makes it difficult to progress on one ladder as it is currently.
Is there a setting I'm missing or is that just the way it is? As I recall, this has been like this on all codes I've played (LE).
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Well the only strategy to achieve what you want is to shoot either the left loop or right ramp shots as your last to complete a scene if the are part of the shot making. For example who brought the dog, shoot right loop, then left ramp, then left loop. All scenes will then be available. We got one same deal, shoot either left loop or left ramp, then right loop or right ramp, then go for left loop only.

#1911 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Well the only strategy to achieve what you want is to shoot either the left loop or right ramp shots as your last to complete a scene if the are part of the shot making. For example who brought the dog, shoot right loop, then left ramp, then left loop. All scenes will then be available. We got one same deal, shoot either left loop or left ramp, then right loop or right ramp, then go for left loop only.

Sorry I just noticed this was covered a couple of posts earlier

2 months later
#2636 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

I recently bought a ghostbusters pro. I added mods and wanted to share some pictures.

Thanks for sharing glad you enjoy your game. I love mine. One of the best on the market.

#2729 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

its easy to install all. I had to cut the rings on my flipper fidelity speaker to accommodate the RGB lighting so I had enough backbox clearance. Cutting the speaker ring was a PITA as I didn't want to damage the speaker cone.I also went with the 10" woofer and I am glad I did.
The hardest thing to install was the art blades. I spray the back of them with soap and water and slipped them in the narrow crevice between the PF and side wall. Thank God I wet them otherwise it would have been a nightmare to re position.

Art blades are easier if you remove the pf. Only 3 connectors and its out. Also if you do not press the decal down hard, you can peel it off several times to reposition until you are happy. I usual do wet application but these decals are nice thick vinyl and can take a bit of a beating

2 months later
#3333 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I just went through the whole photo gallery for this thread and I am amazed no one has tried replacing all rubbers with the clear green rings from super-bands.
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/rubbers/super-bands/green.html
I'm contemplating giving it a try, but there's a voice in the back of my head saying that the game is just going to become less bouncy and I'm going to put the old rubbers back on. It would Look amazing though....

would look great. I bailed doing this as tried on my metallica and those 3/16" post rubbers are impossible to put on the top lane plastic guides.

#3343 6 years ago

Are titan rubbers as difficult to stretch as the super bands. I cant get post super bands on the top lane guides the 3/16's tried heat and no go. The original black rubbers are ways more flexable

#3345 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Titans are different, they are silicone, and very easy to stretch.

I thought super bands were silicone. I wonder what they are made of then??

#3368 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

So just about 1 year to the day, I finally made it to and beat stay puft! It was an epic ball one as I got through all three modes before SPuft.. a sfmb helped put gozer down.
What a rush, wish I was able to see what was happening on the DMD while I was juggling stay puft and mass hysteria...! Caught glimpses here and there..
One thing was after I beat we came we saw nothing was lit up (over 100 ghosts), I got 80+ mill on that so I assume that's a pass..
So wartby I have to beat all ladders? See you in a year I guess

or longer

1 week later
#3408 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I want SO BADLY to love my Ghostbusters Premium. It was my first NIB. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's been a dream theme of mine for years. But the more I play it, the more I come to realize that it is NEVER going to grow on me. I love the way it LOOKS in my collection. It is my favorite pin to stare at when it's turned off and I walk past it in the house. But every time I hit the Start button, I loathe this game a little bit more.
First of all, it has got to be the most annoying sounding pin I have ever played. I'm not just talking about the game audio, either. The pop bumpers create this weird, cheap, hollow, tin-can & balsawood rattling sound that I cannot otherwise describe. I thought maybe it was just how new Sterns sound these days, until I played Aerosmith at an arcade, and the pop bumpers sounded 'normal'....they sounded solid to me on that title. So then I thought maybe it's just MY unit. So I played a Ghostbusters Pro at that same location, and its pop bumpers did the same thing as mine.....they just sound different......I hear undertones of a pebble rattling around in an empty soda can....and it makes the whole game sound cheap to me. BUT WHATEVER. Maybe there's really nothing wrong and I just have a hearing problem, or maybe I'm just crazy. However.....on top of that gripe.....the game audio that Ghostbusters makes when the ball hits those cheap pop bumpers......those honking horns......they are cool for a few seconds, and they ARE theme-appropriate for NYC.....but when the ball spends what seems like 15-20 seconds in those pop bumpers every single time......those car horns get SUPER F'ING ANNOYING.....VERY QUICKLY. And don't even get me started on "Ok...who brought the dog?" CURSE YOU, RICK MORANIS!!! Will I feel the same way about Homer's "DOH!"s on TSPP in a few days when my just-purchased holy grail title is delivered? We'll see...but I doubt it.
Also, concerning the audio, where are all the callouts from the movie?!?! During gameplay, I hear maybe a dozen-or-so clips over and over again.......but there are SOOOOOO MANY MORE that would be perfect! I know they were digitized and exist in the code, because I hear them whenever I push the flipper buttons in Attract Mode. There must be literally HUNDREDS in there, because rarely have I ever heard the same ones twice.......but during actual gameplay, it's the same freakin' clips.....over and over and over again. I don't get it.
Here's a perfect example.......when a ball rolls over an outlane switch, instead of Egon & Peter's "I blame myself....So do I." almost every time, how about mixing it up once in awhile with the hotel maid screaming "What the hell are you DOIN'?!?" Would that really have been so difficult to program, code-wise? I don't get it. Does Stern have to pay $ to Columbia Pictures on a 'Per Clip Used In-Game' basis or something? Because if not, why WOULDN'T they utilize dialogue from the movie as much as possible?
As far as bad shot geometry, and the boring linear mode progression, etc.....that stuff has been discussed to death.....AND IT'S ALL TRUE.....but I won't get into it. This is getting long enough. Sorry.
In other news, looks for my 'GB Premium FOR SALE in South Florida' post coming soon! :-/

I think you are doing the right thing for you. If you hate it that much, move it on to someone who might like it. GLWS

1 month later
#3769 6 years ago

What are the chances that a code update is closer than what we think. After the JT incident, no doubt sales may have slipped a little and maybe Stern would consider the update to trigger new discussion and take the focus off JT???

#3782 6 years ago

I bought an LE, so code was new. But I still think Stern should and hope they do another update somewhere down the line because I bought the game on specs that were listed on the flyer. You are God was one, so I expect to see it in the end. What if they didn't have ecto goggles coded, would you be happy.....no....and I know this is over the top but still relevant. The Librarian insert I can live with, I've seen some B/W games with unused inserts. I will never buy a Cactus Canyon because I knew the code isn't complete and chances were zero, but GB and Stern are still going so lets at least finish it to what the marketing stuff stipulated to get a person to hand over the cash.

Tell me something else you buy in life that says one thing and gives you less than what's advertised and if so, do you let them get away with it.

1 month later
#4104 6 years ago

wasn't aware of the auto plunger spring problem. what is the part number for this spring so I can get one please. I have problems only with the auto plunge

4 weeks later
#4197 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Some people have toned down the BRIGHTness by putting a piece of colored electrical tape over the LED . The light shoots right through.
From the playfield you only see the light not the tape. Green or White are good choices. I personally just leave them as they are but my wife does not like the bright light so she just leaves the room lights on which reduces the effect since your eyes are adjusted to the room light.

Would gels or camera lens filters do the job in toning them down and maybe using a different color

1 week later
#4231 6 years ago

Does anyone know the deadflip Easter egg flipper combination?

1 week later
#4275 6 years ago

goza mod/toy is great. Where did you get tit and what size? thanks

#4279 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Toys R Us...action figure. Added 2 sided tape on the feet and she stays in perfect

thank you for that

1 month later
#4530 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have to know, does anyone ever purposely go for the captive balls? Seriously, unless I'm just messing around, I almost never do. With the way the rules are right now, I just don't see any reason to attempt the shot. It's very risky, and there are way safer ways to earn big points. Is there some strategy I'm missing, or am I correct in thinking that the captive balls are pretty much just a sucker shot?

initially capturing only two balls will turn on all your storage locks so you can achieve multiball quickly

#4544 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks for the clarification! That makes more sense.

no if say you have no locks lit, simply hit the left captive twice to loop only two balls and not the third and left ramp storage insert will remain lit for three ball locks. After that you'll need to get all three captives around to claim the lit prize. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

I couldn't figure out in comps why some guys only after a few seconds had multiball. I'd play for minutes and maybe have two locked if that. That's when I saw the left captive trick

1 month later
#4725 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've been getting the "Terror Dog Champion" on a regular basis. I've also been noticing that sometimes the "Terror Dog Champion" total is larger than my score for the game, but the game still has me put in my initials. It just had me put in my initials for "TDC" at 98M, but my score for the game was only 70M. Any idea how that works?

maybe you have an older version of code V1.13 is most current

#4730 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It's on 1.13. I think pezpunk is right about it being a bug. I restarted the machine, and the Terror Dog Champion total stopped cycling up on bad games.

funny I haven't had this yet. I saw this on a sited pinball with 1.1 or something and hence why I asked. I wonder what triggers it? Maybe if you post a new TD highscore it then triggers until its switched off

2 months later
#4960 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep just reverse the sling rubber and the little O ring or post rubber like desertT1 said. It should look like this when you are done. This is Golfing dads pic by the way.....so you can thank him.

do you need to adjust the leaf switch or keep as is?

2 months later
#5143 5 years ago

Has anyone tried to tone down the blinding effect you get when achieving extra ball or super jackpots. The crazy light show makes it near impossible to keep the ball in play if all the lights in the room are off.

I've started putting Gels in place to try improving things. I put a green gel on the captive balls clear light hood. And purple on the back ghost trap plastic where there are two clear hoods. It has settled down the effect slightly.

1 week later
#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

37 loops on GB
not sure this could be quite high, but for what i remember, never did that on mine when i get the pin home...
just found a GB near my house in an arcade, it's than all from factory (5 balls, code 1.11), including airballs (above the outlanes, oh dear), and big gap
the left scoop is exiting the ball quite always STDM, you have to "slide" the machine, which for sure blow a warning... luckily, there're a lot of EB on this pin, same about ball saver...
even with that, with 1 coin, get 11 credits and put a 5.5B score on it, high is 5.7B, but mostly i hit 37 loops

A friend's to is 48 loops. Mine is 20 or so. Well done on your effort

2 months later
#5406 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Marco has the LE ones for $39.99 each:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=ghostbusters+decal
I assume they can order the pro one for you since they're sold individually. Here are the Pro version part numbers you're looking for:
Left Head 820-71H5-01
Right Head 820-71H5-02

How can they do this? I thought LE stuff is supposed to be impossible to get unless you go through stern and send the faulty back. Next you'll tell me you can buy the backglass. Really the cab and backglass distinguish it from a premium. The rest is easily reproduced. Maybe I'll start buying premiums instead of le's and buy from Marco and mislead buyers when i sell them. Not good in my opinion.

1 week later
#5482 5 years ago

I have never looked at the stern spoon or skirt closely but would imagine they are the same or quite similar to a bally/Williams style. If so just type spoon as a search on a parts suppliers site and you'd should find one. Same with skirt or wafer

A pop can stick if the spoon in particular develops a divot or even a hole through it.

2 weeks later
#5531 5 years ago

Maybe Lyman works harder.

#5537 5 years ago

I now take notice of the programmer for stern titles and no matter how much I like the theme, if it's a coder that takes too long or spreads himself thinly, I stay away. I think Lyman could program a my little pony pinball and I'd probably buy that before a Lonnie or Dwight game that's how serious is got.

2 weeks later
#5610 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I had a 2.4mm one sometime during MB with 6x going. Only realized it after the game.

that's a short multiball lol

#5620 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

HO HO HO. Big triple game update just now from Stern. Anyone want to place any bets?
KISS
AS
GOTG

I don't want the next gb update to just have these adjustments. Would kill me

2 weeks later
#5655 5 years ago

Let's hope Dwight's not burnt out and puts in a poor effort in the next update.

#5658 5 years ago

Well then munsters is out for me. I won't buy anymore Dwight titles because he doesn't seem to finish any of late

2 weeks later
#5692 5 years ago

I'm not happy if the mode is left out, but I'd like to remind people that this is not an isolated incident. As recent as jjp's potc spinning disks. What a great mech and plastered all over the brochures, blurting the overwhelming combinations those 3 disks would produce. Ah..... Gone. Now that's a game changer to me. God mode will be disappointing if left out but not a killer.

1 month later
#5820 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The scream has been there since the beginning and can be turned on and off in the settings.

Not from beginning, I think 1.13 introduced it.

3 weeks later
#5921 4 years ago

Dwight is no Lyman when it comes doing stuff due the love of the hobby. It's a job to him and that's it

#5924 4 years ago

Same, was going to slowly sell my bally Williams and replace with new sterns. Gb put the brakes on that. So wanted to go munsters but no

1 week later
#5998 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I would assume Dwight isn't doing much with GB until Munsters is at least up to 1.0 code.

I heard this when it was to do with star wars. Wtf

1 month later
#6094 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I got my game Nov 2016 with 1.13.0 installed in it so those dates in that picture are not correct

No those dates are way off.

I just got to we beleive wizard mode and was excited until mas hysteria started. By the time I finished that multiball and had one ball in play, wizard mode had time out or something and I got 11mil for it. Wtf. Code is need. Then I had two balls left in the game and couldn't start a mode no matter how hard I tried.

1 week later
#6146 4 years ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

Is it possible to fix ghosting on these PF's?

Yes, but can be a huge job

3 weeks later
#6306 4 years ago

I've told you Sullivan works for wages not for passion. Has he released any coding once a game is out of production? Even once the title has run its course in sales? Munsters is on his mind and that's it. Oh except for the next title he can brown nose to the bosses to ensure that gig

1 week later
#6387 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Wow, you mean like a job? What is it the Joker said again..?

pride in your work and current effort in a project can mean more than a job to some.

#6396 4 years ago

He seems pretty proud of the work he did in the allotted time provided for the project. Curious what your measure of effort is based on.

It's not a matter of what is allotted if like your job. If you know the job you have done is not finished but the clock has stopped, well if that's ok to call it quits in your opinion then I know who I'm dealing with. You must clock on clock off for a living, I'm on salary. I'm sure Lyman didn't get paid extra for the last few updates. Maybe he did them because he played his product and listened to the public and realised it needed some tweeking. Or maybe he should have said, "I never promised a wizard mode" and should have omitted EOL from the code. Hell you would have, wouldn't you? I think Dwight should have stopped at 1.00 isn't that his major aim with titles after gb. Very inspiring stuff.

#6398 4 years ago

I am salary as well and often find it hard to "clock out", but I aware there are people who can leave work at the end of the day and completely turn that part of their brain off. Others can't.

Then you know why I think (not know) Dwight does pretty much bare minimum. There is another coder I feel is absolutely lazy but that's another story. I wish Dwight had the fire in his belly for the hobby like Lyman because gb would be amazing. Dwight is a better coder to Lyman, but Lyman finishes a game to a high standard

3 weeks later
#6463 4 years ago

Have installed a led Colordmd on my gble a month ago and I don't think anything has changed over that time but I have noticed several screens that have color issues. Most if not all ghost catching screens have text that have blues scattered through them. Also some screens in back off man same issues. I did also notice a slimer screen with no color but cannot recall what mode or what was happening in the game so cannot duplicate it atm. I suppose my question is does anyone else experience this and therefore it's a Colordmd software issue or do I have a hardware issue? Would reseating specific plugs help?

#6467 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The striping on the ghost catching screens for the LED is a known issue and we will be issuing a fix. Have not seen the slimer screen without color.

Thank you, I was concerned the issue was brought on by me. Unfortunately the slimer animation happened during a multiball and a game in which I got to the final wizard mode. I thought it was during the back off man mode but with the glass off I could not duplicate it. So I cannot tell you where it occurred except the screen was of the full slimer torso turning side to side. I will continue to look out for it and hopefully take note of the mode/area it occurs.

1 week later
#6507 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

No one talking about what Dwight talked about on the GOT stream? Where are all the Dwight is lazy / has no passion / doesn't care people at?

Link pls

#6510 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dwight starts talking about the GB code update right here. Top Men are working on it!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/453279905?t=00h03m20s

Thanks very much for the link. Good news indeed. Now does this change my impressions of Dwight. A little. Tell me why could he not say he will be working on an update? Last I heard on a video (I think) was gb was pretty much done, final wiza d mode was never on the agenda etc etc. Now such words do not instill confidence in a person. What was so hard to say an update will happen, I'm busy, got will be first from the beginning? My sincere answer to this is because it wasn't scheduled, and possibly the pressure from forums like this has brought about such a back flip. Who knows?it could have been handled better.

#6512 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

My guess would be because he was on other work. Munsters was the priority. I think its cool that the company is giving some of their guys time to go back and work some of these games and give them some love. Sure there are bugs and holes in GB, but its still fun. If they make it more fun and complete then that is great news. The GOT update looks very nice. That signals well for the GB update. Dwight has put out some fun stuff. Don't let the negativity take over man!

I agree gb code is good as is, but if an update is on offer then even better

#6522 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Hahaha. Uh...
And no, this forum had nothing to do with anything. Dwight was busy. The trope that he is lazy and doesn't care is complete bullshit. He worked on SW, then Munsters, then went back to GOT and is now going back to GB.
I want the update as bad as anyone else but the sense of entitlement gets to be a lot. Stern is under no obligation to tell us their engineer's schedules or anything at all really.

So saying "I didn't promise a final wizard mode" and "the coding is done as far as I'm concerned" should be taken as sorry I'm busy with other projects and will try to get back to it as soon as I can? Am I missing something between the lines here? Personally I can go an update or not but people here wanted possible scenarios of why a code update is taking so long. So I gave a possible reason. If gb didn't get an update, there'd be a bit of flack because it is nowhere near finished. Now Mr Sullivan has come out and said there is an update coming, things will settle down. But I'm somewhat dubious on whether he wasn't pushed ever so little by people higher up.

For me he writes good code, will I buy another title he does the software, no. Why, because of the total disregard he had towards his fans by saying "I didn't promise anything" crap. There's ways to fob people off in a nicer fashion.

BTW I don't think kiss would have got an update without a little push from public criticism.

2 weeks later
#6642 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is a piece of mylar that they put down in the orbit before the switch that makes the ball jump over the switch, peel that up and it will register everytime.

+1 that is the fix. Wasn't a problem on my first playfield but definitely was on the replacement

#6659 4 years ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Ive never pealed off mylar. Do you have any suggested tools or tips for getting it off?

It should be easy as the Mylar probably hasn't he down very long. I removed mine by simply lifting it. Just lift slowly and keep the tension close to the playfield. Don't rush. I may have use a little bit of white spirits or the like to help soften the glue and finally remove the glue completely. It's only a small piece of mylar so don't panic too much. Just take it slow and watch for any paint damage but damage is highly unlikely

#6670 4 years ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Success - I was able to peel it off with my hands. Once I started peeling from the top it was much easier. The removal of the mylar fixed the issue of the ball jumping - game plays so much smoother now

Great to hear. For future reference, you could peel it easily because it was freshly done. Don't go and buy a 30 year game and try the same. You might have an unwanted outcome.

I removed mine the same way and either used white spirits or most likely eucalyptus oil to remove any glue residue

1 week later
#6744 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What is the stock outlane setting? Should it be middle on both? Mine is the third hole (bottom one) right now....

Both middle was the setting on both of my playfields

3 weeks later
#7005 4 years ago

What time?

#7053 4 years ago

Outlane red inserts are now used as indicators of when ball will leave right scoop and when flippers change in mass hysteria

#7067 4 years ago

I didn't mind the original do you believe wizard except for the glaring bug re scoop coils disabled. Played it tonight and had ball search going but not being able to release the locked balls in the scoops. I think better than just hitting captive balls to 100 but who knows

#7120 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Extra ball animation, beginning of modes, etc. There's plenty of time to enjoy the color display. It's a great one to update, much like Game of Thrones, which is a totally different display once you can tell what's happening.

Just like spiderman original

1 week later
#7295 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Where is the COLORDMD update?!

Reckon there's a lot of work to be done there. Not a five minute job

#7306 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So on color dmd now the GB with updated code will show dots on some scenes and color on others?
I’ve set color dmd to green for now. What about everybody else?

Coloured v1. 13 graphics, black /white for any new v1. 16 graphics.

1 week later
#7436 4 years ago

Can't get new code to load. After a few seconds it says complete and 1.16 remains
Downloaded on 3 devices and used 2 usb sticks all failed. One device keeps locking around the 250mb-300mb mark in the download from stern

#7442 4 years ago

My update takes a few seconds before it says complete. But I still only have 1.16 le. A friend with a pro said his update took a few seconds too and it worked. I don't get how a 1gb file can only take a few seconds to update and yet all the other code drops take minutes.

Can someone with a successful update confirm how long it took and whether the progress gauge appears or not

#7447 4 years ago

Le issue too. I think it's a dodgy file that will work on some and not on others. Sounds like more fails than successes or am I wrong

I wouldn't be surprised if the successes don't have issues or stuff missing. Just their updates took seconds which doesn't sound correct. 1.13 to 1.16 took minutes. 1.10 to 1.13 took minutes. This one 15 seconds or so. Really

#7451 4 years ago

Those of you with issues, are you trying a quick or full update?

We don't get such an option to choose

#7494 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I went with the Swinks ones from Shapeways. They were a little expensive, but worth it to me as I like the looks of them.[quoted image]

Not for me as I dont have issues with the gap, but these look great

#7501 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Actually, that's exactly what AdPin allows you to do as well. You can oben the flipper fingers from above and either swapr them out or just adjust the angle without having to lift your playfield. See video #1 here:
http://www.adpin.de/english/product-videos/
I have them in my GBpro and I really love them! Make sit super easy to fiddle around with the angles until you get it just right.
Oliver

Does the job but I think he needs to make a flipper cap/topper to cover the exposed screws. He could use the screw head holes as the snap on fixing point of the cover

#7503 4 years ago

Anyone finish the god mode? Not that I want to know what happens, but was it fun and challenging? I've only got to stage two at best

#7505 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yep got to the start of stage 2 as well just once and lost the ball before the first shot

Must be an Aussie thing as I stuffed up exactly the same way

#7519 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

One allen wrench needed and loosen 2 screws. Line up and tighten. One of the easiest things to do on a pin.

And if not done correctly can cause wear on the playfield. Make sure the is a small amount of play between the flipper and bushing to avoid the bat rubbing on the playfield or binding

#7542 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Spotlight Slime came out great. I had to beef up the design a bit and update the model but what do you think?
with bubbles
https://www.shapeways.com/product/TV7XM68G2/spotlight-slime-v1-with-bubbles?optionId=127125448
sans bubbles
https://www.shapeways.com/product/5L6MGWDNP/spotlight-slime-v1-without-bubbles?optionId=127126820[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting, but I'm unsure if I like it or not. May need more time for it to grow on me. Good effort though

#7544 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I moved mine by myself. The key for me was getting it lined up with the basement stairs that go straight down / no landing turn. Then laid it down, sat down on the steps (carpeted) with my back to the bottom of the box and simply held it off by sliding my butt down each step to the bottom. Easy!

You got a video of that? Might look very funny at fast speed lol

#7546 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

No but it’s a major wedgie just waiting to happen!

Lol that's funny

#7560 4 years ago
Quoted from EBDixson:

I was able to get everything moved into the house last night and into the basement without a great deal of trouble. Getting the box up the porch stairs with the dolly ended up be more difficult than navigating the basement stairs.
I really took my time (since it was my first pin / first NIB) and after reading through most of this thread and watching dozens of YouTube videos, I didn't encounter any issues. I was dreading taking the glass off the first time but it was much stronger than I anticipated.
Initial thoughts - it is a LOT of fun. My kids (6 and 9) had never played before and are already big fans. I'm really happy I was able to find a NIB rather than buy used and I'm guessing I got one of the last builds because the sticker on the back is from December 2018 and the playfield appears to be dated 10/31.
I hate to even admit this, but I bought the game without ever trying it or seeing it first. As a result, I was very surprised at how much better the Pro playfield looked in person. I was initially disappointed that I couldn't find a Premium but I am totally satisfied thus far with the Pro and have no regrets.
Only 2 mods so far - the Mezel Mods library and a Pingulp with the GB logo. Tomorrow I'll be installing the art blades.
The only remaining obstacles is getting my wife on board. After initially telling her I'd get a used game for $2500 tops, I think I'm more excited about our new toy than she is.

Out of intetest as I have a pingulp holder but never installed, are they worth putting on. I heard that after a few games your drink is flat from all the shaking. Is this correct?

#7562 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

James Bond prefers his Martini shaken, not stirred! So probably depends on the beverage.

True, my drinks have bubbles

#7564 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

and whats the problem? the money or the space? or you- changing your opinion?
if its the money you can argue "it wont lose its value".

I don't know how long that statement will remain true.

#7587 4 years ago

Just completed God mode and I must say that was very challenging and fun to even get there with we are ready to believe. What cones after that is a feast for one's senses both visually and sound wise.

This game is now the complete package

1 week later
#7642 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

All right, I'm still fairly new to pinball but I've changed a few switches, soldered some wires, fixed a shooting arm, and replaced numerous items on the playfield. But for the life of me I cannot get this screw loose. I want to put in the carrot flippers and I can't get the old flippers off. Is this the right screw?[quoted image]

May need to heat it up a little to break the loctite seal it may have

#7646 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

This is what I'm talking about...
Anyone had this issue before?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes you have to carefully and gently bend it so it has clearance to not foul on the metal bracketing

#7655 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Seems really stiff. Afraid to break it.
This never used to be an issue.

its a little tweak clockwise if that means anything to you, but yes its a risk where it could break. see if you can move the wire form a touch. Mine worked ok too and then started to grab later on. I guess things move in time

1 month later
#7821 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Thanks!
How likely is a full manual plunge on GB to go around the orbit? Is it always smooth? I feel like mine gets caught up almost all of the time. Yet auto plunge doesn't seem to have issues, just manual. Thoughts?

Plunger off centre to hitting the ball. May need to be adjusted

1 week later
#7871 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

After playing this game a lot I think the flipper gap can be a fun challenge, and the outlane posts (particularly left outlane) feel way more unfair than the often maligned flipper gap. It’s pretty difficult to nudge the ball out of the outlanes with factory setting posts. Do the majority of owners have posts in the easier setting or add rubber to make it easier to leverage nudging?

I've brought them in to be easier

3 weeks later
#7910 4 years ago

#7911 4 years ago

#7913 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

okay, I’ll play. ...

My bad no game

#7940 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Every few games my Scoleri targets get “twitchy”... i can hear them clicking and see them barely moving up and down slightly. Then they sit quietly like they are supposed to for 10-12 games and then start clicking and twitching again. They function as they should aside from that. Anyone else have this going on?

I think I get that too, I hear sounds and thought it might be the slimer motor. Be interested to see if anyone has a fix or advise

3 weeks later
#8078 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I have one as well. Original owner of NIB and I have no issues. Iam very happy with my game never selling it will give it to my son one day.i think it’s cool it’s misspelled. Just shows we are human!

Remember the misspelling on spiderman didn't cause any issues in sales lol

1 month later
#8187 3 years ago

Did you try switching the wires ie. Red to the red wires and black to the yellow. Shouldn't make a difference but my Metallica or walking dead acted like this with a led strip

1 week later
#8213 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Not played GB in a while. Switched on yesterday for a few games and it’s throwing weird faults. Checked the node boards via the menu and all showing good!
Faults are
Number of balls going into the trough, games ending early while balls still in play. Trough optics look ok. Any suggestions what I should try next?

Is your game a prem/le? I had a similar problem on Metallica where the balls became magnetized and the fame still kept count of balls just not the number on the pf if the trough kicked too many out

1 week later
#8256 3 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

Update: I was able to fix this by adding a washer under the kicker assembly on the rear screw. This small of a change to the angle on the ball was enough to go from airballs to smoothly coming out.
New issue: My slingshots LOVE to play catch with each other. Any advice here? It can bounce between them for days...
EDIT: My solution to this was to lower the slingshot power all the way to 12. Playing great now! I love they give you so many power settings in the menu.

Adjusting level would have probably solved your issue too

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You just need to change the battery in the CPU board. That happened to ours as well.

Same here

#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thank you. That would make sense. Do you change the battery with the power off or on? I’d rather not lose my settings...if that’s even a possibility with Spike 1 games.

I have a sneaking suspicion I changed my battery with power off for safety reasons and it still retained the scores. But I did this a good while ago so hard to remember. I think you need to use a screw driver to remove the battery and I don't like metal things hear stuff that's powered on. Hope someone else can confirm or not

#8268 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We did ours with the game off. I am fairly sure the battery only does the time in Spike games.

That's right thanks mate for confirming

#8278 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

so how long do those flat oversized watch batteries last?

I thought for a few years but mine lasted only 2 years

2 weeks later
#8308 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Looks like I had a wicked airball that took out my Ecto Goggles display. Marco has them for $179. Does anyone know any other purchase options? How about aftermarket protectors so this doesn’t happen again? So bummed....
[quoted image]

Doesn't modfathets make a hood. Been available for years

#8317 3 years ago

Hooked one is like wearing a full faced helmet. Impossible to hit the screen unless it breaks as well

#8324 3 years ago

It's got all the right toys and gimmicks. Prem/le are better but pro is its own game outright so great too. The prem/le just adds to the experience and slimer shot is a chase rather than just a shot. The game isn't hard once you gain control and don't rush things, then the code opens a fantastic world to you.

This game would be a classic if not for jt legal issues which I believe should not taint the game in the first place. Hate the guy not the game.

And who knows, maybe down the track there might be another code tweak that'll make it even better. I live in hope lol

#8328 3 years ago

Maybe I didnt word it right. I was trying to say that this game isn't a fun killer. If you try to slow the game down and not try to keep the flow constantly going, you can get some great games and some great scores. I average about a billion at factory. I play the modes and try to maximise them with playfield multipliers. I try to have storage mball ready for the later modes.

I try to start snd finish the bank of three modes and play we believe. Then the bank of four modes and then the final two. I struggle a little with shooting the left scoop.

I try to catch nearly every ball before going for a shot too. But hey I have had the sub 10-20mil game.

Try not to panic and pressure yourself

#8330 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Wow... I consider a score of 40-60 million good for me. 619,325,990 that is my best game to date on a GB(the actual machine on my PS4 I got 23 billion or something like that, but those scores don't count. Only real machines count). I don't mind that this game kicks my butt. I love playing it and sure... If I owned one I'd put up better scores on it, as I'd learn it better. But, still... WOW!!!!!! I got much to learn in pinball(but isn't that the fun of pinball!). And to be fair. I never understood the code until now. So I was mostly just flipping like a headless monkey.

Sometimes you can get silly scores just by luck too on gb. I got 6x 80mil on the card guessing mode so an easy 480mil lol

1 week later
#8362 3 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Does anyone have a recommendation for coin door art/decals?

I'm working on some with resin covering. I don't know exactly what you are referring to coin door artwork. Do you want it to cover the whole door.
Here is a twilight zone one and tom I made for my games as well.

IMG20200531125429 (resized).jpgIMG20200531125429 (resized).jpg

IMG20200531125811 (resized).jpgIMG20200531125811 (resized).jpgIMG20200531134745 (resized).jpgIMG20200531134745 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

New member here! GB Premium with a December 2016 build date.
Color DMD, Stern side blades, custom rails, glow in the dark captive balls, air ball deflector...and I added PDI glass. Great fun so far, love the theme and the call-outs. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting sticker about box damage. Don't sign if there's box damage until you inspect the game. Do US delivery guys wait until you open and remove games if need be? Or would they just leave the delivery without signature? I can't see it happening in oz, they'd either take it away or insist on a signature and let you deal with it. I am assuming that these games aren being delivered by 3rd party contractors though.

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I found that my machine is not holding the time. I couldnt find where a battery is to be replaced but scores are all saving.
Any thoughts?

You do have a button battery and all it dies is save the time. Audits and scores are not effected. I had the same problem and replaced the battery

2 weeks later
#8571 3 years ago

I believe you will always get more dollars if you sell the topper separately. People want to negotiate price on a pinball and will not add full value of the topper on that offer. I advised a friend on a Dr who with topper. He got around $900 more than what he was happy with by selling separately. Game buyer can always buy the topper as well. Note this mainly applies to toppers and games that are highly desirable.

1 week later
#8600 3 years ago

Loctite is required to simply stop it from loosening, but I'm assuming it isn't stripped

3 weeks later
#8666 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

It was mentioned here that the game was designed with the usual Trudeau flipper gap, but someone along the way messed up and that gap was accidentally widened even further than Trudeau’s intention (at least for earlier runs). This game is absolutely brutal with SDTM’s. I’m all about a game challenging me to be a better player, but this is next level. If I didn’t add those save posts I would’ve stopped playing this game a long time ago. Something had to give. Pinball shouldn’t be easy, but it should also be fun. Everyone’s skill level is different. Mine is in the basement.

I personally am nit a pro circuit player and the game initially beat me up most times. But it was those times I was in the zone that made it fantastic. Now I average 1bil on this game so you can gain control if you stick at it the way it is. May side posts have been brought in otherwise all stock. Btw I still can have a 20mil game now and then

#8677 3 years ago

You can buy adjustable flippers where their length is adjustable. I haven't seen them around for a while.

#8723 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me if there is a 12vdc 3 pin plug inside the cabinet like you would find in a Sam system game like metallica etc. I want to install some under cab lighting that is 12v. Photo would be great as well. Thanks

#8728 3 years ago

Thanks guys will have to try and find one of these kits. Are they those splutter systems I've seen pop up now and then?

#8732 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

haven't heard of a splutter system

That's when you type splitter and your phone changes it to splutter.

#8740 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Might have just found my new topper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great and different to what you normally see

#8764 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Take those 3/16 rubbers out that are under the sling rubber. Those shouldn’t be there.

That was the standard layout. Mine was like that for a long time without issue. I did reverse them to make the sling more responsive though.

#8766 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Ahh I see in premium/le those are standard I have a pro that does not have these

Yes the magna slings were set like this.

1 week later
#8794 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I did the same after reading about the improved response and couldn't be happier.[quoted image]

Why did you change the gi globes Btw?

1 week later
#8825 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

ok well i keep trying to up load it. I choose PDF quality. Its crystal clear on my mac but looks like crap when it uploads here.
Edit:
I think I fixed it, let me know if it appears ok.
Sorry to clog up the thread

Still looks grainy, can you attach it as a file maybe?

#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Wanted to give my GB Pro a good cleaning, wax, install a couple mods I had and rebuild the flippers. All past due. All was going great and I was close to enjoying some Halloween fun until I got to the flipper rebuild. Have you ever seen a crank this worn? Needless to say, GB is out of commission until my Marco order comes in.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How many plays to warrant a flipper rebuild on a Stern? I thought kits came with new cranks etc

#8840 3 years ago

Hey guys hoping someone can assist me. I purchased an 8 way splitter pcb but it didn't come with the input cable. I was wondering if someone could take a clear photo or give me the putouts for the cable so I can make one. I don't want to criss cross the wires in error. I have black and red wiring and a 3 pin molex plug (arrow shape thing) and a 3 pin idc plug. My intent is to put the black wire on the pointed/arrow head pin but don't know which pin does it go on the idc end.
Thanks

#8842 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

This was a location game. No idea how many plays since it last had a flipper rebuild. I find the majority of the time a new plastic link and coil sleeve and I'm good to go. I don't replace the crank unless it's an incorrect part, high end restoration or in this rare case, totally garbage.

Thanks. Was wondering because I haven't done a rebuild on sterns and don't think they need one to be honest. Most games on a machine might be 2k plays

1 month later
#8948 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

How is GB ranked like 37? The code update really put this pin near the top of the modern Stern list, in my book. The top 100 rankings are pretty puzzling and should probably be taken with a grain of salt. Several pins ranked higher aren't nearly as good as GB, but what do I know? I'm a big fan of this game.

I think because of jt which to me is ridiculous. I didn't buy it because of him. I don't hear any I'll will towards cftbl etc What if another designer is found to be a serial killer, will all his titles be tarnished?

1 month later
#9077 3 years ago

I'm thinking of buying some node boards as spare parts. All I have at the moment is a gble with a jp2 coming.
What node boards should I consider and I just read that not all boards are the same. Is that correct in that say a node 9 for gb won't work on jp2?

3 weeks later
#9153 3 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

GOT THEM FROM pinball life

Contact them about it and get replacements and hopefully they'll throw their stock out so no one else gets them.

4 weeks later
#9218 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I can't get enough of GB! It's such a great game.
I was read somewhere that the marshmallow man changes colors. Mine stays white all the time.
Does yours change colors?

During stay puft mode I think mine may go yellowish and maybe eventually red??

#9224 2 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Hmmm, would seem to me that you have a switch or switches that are being activated. What is the animation on the screen when you hear the explosion sound? The playfield multiplier animation also has an explosion sound, could be an issue with those switches including other ones?

I had the same sound. I believe it was a switch activation as I could have a ball waiting in the shooter lane and after hearing the sound, it would auto plunge. That's why I think of a switch activation. I reseated the opto plug on the ecto screen area and it seems to have subsided. But I'm only guessing at the moment.

Obviously you have a pro so you don't have that opto switch, but maybe another switch is the culprit

3 weeks later
#9302 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

Thanks i was trying this and didn't help.

Hate to state the obvious but why not try stern direct or your distro. I think it would be poor form if they don't help because the game Is out of warranty or you're not the original owner.

1 month later
#9371 2 years ago

Guys I have a theory on shaker motors. Most of my stern issues are connectors coming loose and all my sterns have shakers. So I'm guessing the shaker loosens these, so during regular maintenance check all your connections under the playfield

4 weeks later
#9474 2 years ago

Guys I'll check this whole thread over the next few days, but I had to replace the scoop protector on the library with a new cliffy and during the install I thought I heard something roll on the playfield but couldn't be sure. Well after the install I noticed the captive balls and gate would jam on the plastic.

So I'm guessing that there may have been a small plastic spacer under the plastic where one or both lock nuts are attached. If so I need to know what thickness it was as the suspected missing one is lost in the pf as I couldn't find it in the cabinet.

I'll have to make one from an old post spacer.

Thanks in advance.

#9479 2 years ago

Thank you I'll loosen the nuts and see how I go

#9480 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Thank you I'll loosen the nuts and see how I go

Quick update I found a small black spacer on the floor. Unsure where it went but think it may have been under the longer Phillips screw rails side of the library plastic. Could someone confirm please

IMG20210806162943 (resized).jpgIMG20210806162943 (resized).jpgIMG_20210806_181711 (resized).jpgIMG_20210806_181711 (resized).jpg
#9481 2 years ago

Oh before I throw it out. Here is the stern protector that broke in the library scoop. I only noticed because I found the broken oiece in the cabinet. Might pay to just check yours if this would concern you.

IMG20210806164540 (resized).jpgIMG20210806164540 (resized).jpg
#9491 2 years ago

what does it normally do out of the box? What effects etc? How much is it too? Looks amazing

1 week later
#9532 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

currently the mechs will activate by the player but in time hope to have them charge up and then ready to use... but I really want this mod to be interactive with the game play given the bad drains down the sides
I checked out the game stats before hooking up the left proton gun so will be interesting to see stats after a few weeks / months of playing:
LHS Drain - 229 (17.5%)
Centre Drains - 855 (65.2%)
RHS Drains - 227 (17.3%)
and recorded all the stats Game times and worked out the percentages to see if anything changes there as well.
In regards to lighting the long bar (stream rod coming out of the gun) at this stage is going to be carbon fibre tubing and will experiment with resin filling, then mill the top and then when the proton guns are actioned the exposed resin will light up - theory and goal

Don't want to rain on your parade, but do you think future mods like this might get squashed with sterns code update conspiracy I'm hearing? That they're releasing new code to put checks in place for code mods and maybe power draws. I hope not as this mod sounds the goods. Good luck with your progress mate

4 weeks later
#9685 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Now if somebody could help me with my nonworking topper issue that would be fabulous. I have a very expensive piece of plastic on top that doesn't flash anymore. Pin works great and the topper is getting power it just stopped working one day and if I had to guess it's probably the board inside of the topper but no idea where to get one of those. According to Stern they don't sell them direct.[quoted image]

I'm sure if you said you'd send the faulty one first they'd replace it. Appreciate if they sold the pcbs sepetately people could possibly make their own topper copies

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=embryon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.