Topic Stats

• 7,510 posts
  • 629 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Budman
  • Topic is favorited by 224 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

710x528_29308725_15723322_1571103682 (resized).jpg
710x528_29267126_15702769_1570683537 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308800_15723368_1571104279 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308803_15723368_1571104285 (resized).jpg
bf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).png
Ghostbusters Flippers (resized).jpg
1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png
7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
IMG_8515 (resized).JPG
CC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpeg
56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
screen-capture (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (1 year ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2605 2 years ago

Joined the club last week! Picked up a pro in a trade with a fellow pinsider.

Couple of questions:

1. Is "Are you a God" in the game yet? I got through WARTB but thought that was the end and stopped paying attention so not sure if there was some way to qualify AYAG or if maybe it's not coded yet.

2. On my pin when shooting the left ramp, the feed around to the right flipper seems to go into the lock more than it should. I play two other Gb's locally and they don't seem to play the same as mine. I'm going to re check the side to side leveling first. After that I'm considering putting a washer under the ramp somewhere to level it out.
I looked through the issue thread and didn't see anyone mention this yet. It's not too major, but it slows the game down, and can be especially painful during looping supers.

3. You better players out there, what settings have you changed? Since getting to WARTB I've opened the outlanes and set the eb limit to 3. Wondering if there are any mode settings worth checking out.

4. Lastly and sadly, there are a couple of inserts starting to ghost. Anything I'm supposed to do other than use good balls/clean/wax?

Busting makes me feel good

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

2. without the gate being active ? than its not logical

Yes. It seems like maybe a leveling issue. It doesn't always go in there. Perfectly solid shots will rip around and feed to the flipper. Otherwise it's about 50/50 if they drop into the hole or feed to the flipper.

Thanks for the other recommendations.

#2637 2 years ago

I think one of my lock switches in the left captive ball area is dead. Haven't dug in yet because I need to remove the top plastics to get to them. Wanted to confirm what normal operation is.

The way I understand it is that once you move all the balls to the top section of the captive ball area, you get awarded whatever was lit, ie lock, multipliers.

Is that correct?

Or once you move the balls do you have to hit something else?

Currently that doesn't happen on my pin. The only way I seem to get the lock or multipliers lit is through the pops awards.

I think one of the switches is dead and it just doesn't know all the balls are up there.

When I got the pin, I had a tech alert saying to check lock 1. It was disabled in the menu. I put it back in service and nothing changed.

#2641 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You should be able to check all those switches even without taking off the plastics. Just put the game in switch test and then nail the captive ball with a pinball.

Excellent recommendation. Should have thought of that.

Did just that and confirmed Lock 1 switch wasn't activating.
Then I manually activated the switch from under the playfield and it registered.
Took the switch out and gave the arm a little bend and now I'm good to go.

I've only had the game for about a week and it always seemed just a little off. You get light lock from the pops enough that I was still regularly getting to SFMB and didn't really know what was going on.

Now that I can actively go after those playfield multipliers, my high scores are going down.

#2684 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Agree 100% and it's not just limited to GB either. Pretty sure my GOT and TWD do the same thing.

TWD drives me nuts because once your game is over the score displays for barely a micro second before the match sequence. You almost always have to hit the flipper button to see your score when it's done.

#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Oh and by the way, the right post wasn't difficult to move. You just need to remove the nuts and the screws holding down the Rick Moranis plastic. And then you can just rotate that plastic and get to the post.

That is good intel.

2 weeks later
#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone think that the video modes are severely unbalanced compared to the rest of the starting modes? When you can get 60 million off a video mode and only 20 million off something like Who Brought the Dog, it just doesn't seem right. You can easily rack up 120 - 180 million just playing video modes off the skill shot, whereas you need to finish 5 or 6 regular modes to accomplish the same thing.
Unless there is something I'm missing?

If you are playing for points and worried about the video modes, you're doing it wrong.

All the real points in the game come from getting the playfield multipliers going and then starting a mb or pke frenzy. Preferably both.

I've had frenzy shots worth close to a billion. I'm sure crazier numbers are possible.

I don't ever play either of the video modes. They're both garbage and a waste of time.

While the starting modes might not be worth much, they are ultimately helping you to progress to a mb.

There are also good points to be had from the bonus. I've had bonuses over a billion as well.

So basically, play the video modes if you like them, not because they are crucial to good scores.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

When does your extra ball light come on? After collecting 50 and 100 ghosts?

I believe you can either set it, or it auto adjusts. Think mine is around 70 right now

#2866 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Any way you can point me in the right direction? For some reason, this game eats my lunch.
Unless I have a really good game, I keep getting smacked by the guys that put up 180 million in video modes. I complete 2 or 3 regular modes and only end up in the 100 - 140 range. I refuse to play video modes to win a game and would rather play pinball to win a game, but maybe I'm just stubborn.

I almost always go for the K skill shot. Those multipliers are huge and tough to light manually.

After that, I try to hit the ghosts target to bring down Slimer while the ball save is on to try and get a mode going.

Choosing which ladder to attack comes down to the pin I'm playing. On mine, the left scoop kickout is friendly so that's a good option because it has the shortest path to WCWS. On the 2 I play on location, the kickout is suspect so I usually go for either of the other ladders.

Also worth paying attention to is how long the ball save from the right eject is and how hard it comes out. I like to let the eject dead flip off the left flipper, bounce over to the right and then take a shot at the left captive balls while the save is on.

If the feeds from the pops are friendly, just putting any ball you can't control in there is a good strategy. Lots of good awards.

If you aren't in the habit of cradling a ball during mb, you should start trying. During WCWS, cradle on the left, and spam the ramp with the right flipper all day. Lots of easy points here if you can set this up. Especially with some multipliers.

Sounds like you are playing competitively. How's your nudge game? One thing I learned quickly from better players is they aren't afraid to slide a pin. Figure out what the limit is and work it.

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

how do you light MPs besides the K shot?

Not sure how to get the insert lit, but once it is, you need to move all 4 balls in the left captive ball stack.

Once you do that you get the 2X. You then have to do it again to get the 3X. It is very difficult to get them going for 6X like that. That's why the K shot is so valuable.

#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi, no news about a new code ?
Tanks for tours answers

The rumor around here is that there will be no more new code.

I certainly hope that's not true. WARTB as it stands is a joke. It takes a lot of effort to get there and the payoff is weak.

#2896 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Just had a massive rush of a game at 6b (1st high score).
Not sure if this was mentioned before but when you shoot tobin's, if you hit both flipper buttons together during the first animation, it will give you a list of rewards, you have a split second to determine if you want to keep those rewards. If yes, hit the right flipper button, if not hit both flipper buttons together again.
I think you can do this up to 2 times (3 lists). I usually look for light extra ball and if I don't see if I'll hit both flippers. Sometimes I'll stick if I see start PKE if I am close to a MB or 10% of score.

I don't think that's true. I think you just get everything in the list.

#2898 2 years ago

The tilt forum guys tend to care more about actual game play then over here. This is what they have to say.

http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-rulesheet/1358

(20) Tobin's Spirit Guide
This award is lit at the left scoop after collecting 20 Ghosts or as a random Slot Pops award. It can also be started by making the left scoop Skill Shot if it's already lit to start a Scene. Tobin's Spirit Guide instantly awards 3 to 5 random awards - sometimes minor, sometimes important. I won't be listing all the possible awards here because there's likely far too many, but awards like Light Storage Facility or Light Playfield Multipliers are more likely to be given out in 3-packs than awards like Spot G-H-O-S-T. In other words, you may get 3 relatively impactful awards, or 4-5 less-impactful awards. Competition mode will standardize the awards; one other giveaway is that the animation is much faster.

#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

You do get everything on the list. My point is you can change the list out. If you don't like the first list, hit both flipper buttons, if you don't like the 2nd list, hit both flipper buttons again; you are stuck with the 3rd list.

Still don't agree. Your just speeding up the process.

There is an adjustment in the menu which I have set that shortens the animation. It just immediately puts up your awards instead of doing the multi list deal

Good game in any case. I feel like over 2 bil is the mark of a good game.

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I always decide before the list even shows. I've had times where I just monkey flip the whole time and it doesn't show me multiple lists. However, I feel this acted just like you described when I did it in older code.

FWIW, the code Readme file doesn't mention any changes to Tobin's functionality. The only time it's mentioned is in regards to pop awards.

I'm hoping we can confirm this to work. EB's are cool, but another way to light those multipliers would be great.

Some 'research' with a couple cold ones is in order this weekend.

#2915 2 years ago

Just got a couple games in.

For the most part, didn't seem to be able to have any impact on Tobins. However, there was one instance where I did feel like the flipper did make the list react. Will definitely have to continue to pay attention.

Got to WARTB for the 3rd time.
Still extremely disappointing. It started with out much of any intro. That was strange, I thought the other times at least the start was interesting. One of my better games though. Was able to complete the left ladder a 2nd time and get WCWS going again. Didn't really notice if scores get any kind of bump, but it didn't seem like it.

Lastly, was fishing around in the menus. There is a timer setting for Are You A God MB. Pretty shitty that it probably won't make it into the game. I was ready to let them slide for putting it on the score card, but having it in menus has reignited my sadness.

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not sure how is yours (moded with carrot flippers, and/or center post

Most definitely not. I think both of those options are ridiculous.

One of my main draws to the game was that it's challenging.

My out lane posts are in the top position. I haven't changed the mode completion setting though. Guess that's the next step.

2 weeks later
#3049 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just had an amazing game, over 7 Billion...and is there anyway to know when the flippers will change back and forth during mass hysteria? That kills me every time!!!

A sound is played when you hit the captive ball signifying the flippers are about to switch. It can be difficult to pick out sometimes when you have a lot going on, but once you know what to listen for it's manageable.

#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

That's odd... reset after a random amount of time. Wish I could reset all mine but gc now.
Goodbye 29 ls.
I am going to email stern to see if they know specifics.

It's not random.

Look through the menus. One of them is for the reset.

I believe it is default to reset after a 1000 plays. You can adjust it or turn it off.

4 weeks later
#3298 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

"Are you a god?" is the final wizard mode. Not sure if it's been coded yet.

Currently not in the game. However there are menu options for it in the settings so there's hopefully a chance it gets in.

3 weeks later
#3379 2 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

10$ gozar ebay better get one quick or pay 6995 took me 15 min too install get rid of the plastic she only lights up when the gozar shot is ready

The plastic doesn't look very good.
This is worse.

2 weeks later
#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

This has probably been asked to death but a quick google search showed old results -- for those of you that have played both -- how do you feel about GB vs TWD (Pro versions) after the code updates and general gameplay? I'm considering attempting to trade my TWD for a GB because I'm a GB fanatic, but I want to make sure I'm making the right call. I don't have a place to play on location, sadly, so Pinside is my main information area.

That's the exact trade I made.

I think TWD is a solid game. Just wasn't playing it as much.

If you don't baby down GB it's very similar in that you are immediately punished for missing a shot.

I like GB, but I don't consider it a keeper in a smaller collection.

#3512 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Funny, since it's the only game in my collection.

Not really funny. More likely I'm just a better player than you are.

I think GB is a masterpiece to look at. Not so much to play. After getting through the entire game several times and realizing WARTB is giant turd of a wizard mode, it doesn't really make me want to play it all that much anymore.

2 weeks later
#3667 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

» YouTube video
Well...i did it...still amounted to a bad score which I later beat by only beating left loop and scoop ladders lol. 3.8b is my gc. The scoring in GB is so weird.

"wow. That was totally worth everything that I went through"

Lol. Agreed.

4 weeks later
#3793 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Maybe this means new code coming soon?
» YouTube video

Posted by Dwight over in the tilt forums yesterday. Doesn't sound very promising.

20170913_131409 (resized).png

#3800 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So Are You a God has never been coded in?

Nope, but you can adjust the time for it in the service menu to your hearts content.

#3824 2 years ago

I think it sucks that AYAG isn't in the game, but it's certainly not as simple as 'just add it in'.

How do you qualify it for instance?

Do you just get it after WARTB? Then you would have 3 mbs in a row.

Do you require X number of jackpots or supers in the WCWS mbs? What if you don't get them? Do you have to go through all the modes again?

Not to mention how would the mode and it's scoring work?

I'm doubtful it's ever getting in.

What I'm hopeful for is that maybe at least WARTB gets a scoring tweak or more wishfully some added rules. As of right now it's an extremely disappointing finish.

2 months later
#4243 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Do you need the kit, or just use a regular cable tie?

Certainly just looks like a regular zip tie. I'd be curious if anyone has done that as well.

2 weeks later
#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go to the right flipper.

Agreed.

I think if you can play with the power settings to get it to the right, that's the way to go. If that doesn't work and you're comfortable tinkering, bend the scoop a little.

#4384 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

When you guys say it goes to the right flipper, do you let it dead bounce to the left flipper and trap it there? I have my power turned down - more then a dribble - and it shoot to the left flipper and I let it dead bounce to the right flipper and trap it there. Works perfect every time.
But that is also what my right scoop does - kicks to left and I trap it on right. I think I would prefer them to work identically opposite of each other.

My left scoop ejects to the right flipper. It's generally towards the end of the flipper, which requires me to flip. Dead bounce is somewhat risky.

Right scoop I have more options. Just holding the left flipper up can sometimes get control. Dead flip is the go to. If PKE is going, a drop catch is worth a try.

2 weeks later
#4520 1 year ago

I think as long as you're not trying to be serious tourney guy, align your flippers however you want.

My beef with it is that it really makes the game much easier. Getting the ball cradled is almost as simple as just hold the flipper up. And then if you throw some super bands on there, Fugget About It

#4522 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They do make the game a bit easier, but it's still harder than all my other Sterns.

It is certainly a different beast than most other games.

I'm not crazy about the game, but my issue with it is code. I like the weird layout and shots. I'm hoping this code update will take it to the next level.

#4549 1 year ago
Quoted from miga:

So if your multiplier in the display on the bottom left hand side (during PKE) is showing 5x and your PKE value is 100 million and you shoot the PKE ramp you should be getting 500 million for that shot?

Yes.

#4562 1 year ago
Quoted from miga:

That’s my point.
Mine doesn’t do that.
I always only get the jackpot value!?!
i.e. 2x 150mil I get only 150 Mil
Am I confusing/missing something?

Well that's interesting.

As far as I know, the multipliers apply to everything except your end of ball bonus.
I have definitely had PKE shots worth 500m+

3 weeks later
#4666 1 year ago
Quoted from Prefect:

Do you guys play with the game loose and the tilt either insensitive or off. I have tried playing that way just due to how I was getting blasted with the flippers so far apart. It is actually a pretty fun way to play. Instead of just flipping, you have to swing back and forth to catch a straight down the middle ball. Do you have to worry about damaging the box playing this way? Didn't some really old pins, like really old, play like this?

Slide it! Have fun. It should be fine. Just make sure it slides without putting too much stress on the cabinet. Basically you'll most likely need some leveler coasters. I have laminate floors and use some metal coasters with a felt bottom and my pins slide around fine. If you have carpet you might want to check out wood or plastic bottomed sliders.

A caveat. There are reports of cabinets separating at the corner in this thread. It seemed to be a minor issue as it really doesn't come up very often anymore. But to be safe it's probably worth giving you're cab a proper look. If it looks fishy, the corner braces aren't difficult to install.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, TX
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside