IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ebdixson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7526 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the stock library from the Premium/LE edition will fit the Pro? Are any modifications needed? Thank you in advance!

#7540 4 years ago

First time owner. I was able to get a NIB Pro with a 2018 build. My wife is vetoing my plans to have her help me get it in the house so I may be at the mercy of my neighbor's schedule.

20191024_122551 (resized).jpg20191024_122551 (resized).jpg
#7547 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I moved mine by myself. The key for me was getting it lined up with the basement stairs that go straight down / no landing turn. Then laid it down, sat down on the steps (carpeted) with my back to the bottom of the box and simply held it off by sliding my butt down each step to the bottom. Easy!

This is going to be my plan for tonight. My friend that was going to help had a bad fall at work yesterday and likely needs back surgery. I really hope he can make a full recovery - he is only 37, which is an awfully young age to have an injury like that.

I've got a dolly to get it in the house and carpeted stairs with a landing going to the basement. The most challenging part will likely be rotating the box on the landing, but I've got around 8-10 inches or more of extra depth to work with so I should be ok.

I'm excited to get it set up. I actually got it after seeing your post a week back about Cointaker having a NIB Pro available from a recent delivery they got from Stern - so thank you for sharing!

#7554 4 years ago

I was able to get everything moved into the house last night and into the basement without a great deal of trouble. Getting the box up the porch stairs with the dolly ended up be more difficult than navigating the basement stairs.

I really took my time (since it was my first pin / first NIB) and after reading through most of this thread and watching dozens of YouTube videos, I didn't encounter any issues. I was dreading taking the glass off the first time but it was much stronger than I anticipated.

Initial thoughts - it is a LOT of fun. My kids (6 and 9) had never played before and are already big fans. I'm really happy I was able to find a NIB rather than buy used and I'm guessing I got one of the last builds because the sticker on the back is from December 2018 and the playfield appears to be dated 10/31.

I hate to even admit this, but I bought the game without ever trying it or seeing it first. As a result, I was very surprised at how much better the Pro playfield looked in person. I was initially disappointed that I couldn't find a Premium but I am totally satisfied thus far with the Pro and have no regrets.

Only 2 mods so far - the Mezel Mods library and a Pingulp with the GB logo. Tomorrow I'll be installing the art blades.

The only remaining obstacles is getting my wife on board. After initially telling her I'd get a used game for $2500 tops, I think I'm more excited about our new toy than she is.

#7556 4 years ago

I kept it in the box and slid it down. I had my wife push it to get it started and I was holding it from below to control it. It wasn't too bad since it is only 7 or 8 steps to the landing. I could see it being a lot dicier on a long stairway as it definitely starts gaining more momentum with each step.

I think she will come around. My mistake has been always telling her each purchase is the "last one." First it was bubble hockey, than an arcade machine... now this. All within a year. I definitely didn't play it this way but once you start it is hard to stop!

#7568 4 years ago

Was the misspelling of reinforcement ever corrected on the Pro playfield? My Pro had a build date of 12/06/2018 but it still has the typo. Perhaps I got a late build with an older playfield?

2 weeks later
#7647 4 years ago

Does anyone ever get random audio squelches (for lack of better terms) between games? It is like a loud pop. I have the "scream" turned off and the sound is completely different. It will typically happen every dozen games or so. Sometimes more frequently.

#7651 4 years ago

The sound occurs when I'm in between games or sometimes when I power it off (not as frequent). It has happened on my original code (1.06) and the latest update. It doesn't happen every time I use it - probably every other time or every third.

#7661 4 years ago

Thank you everyone for the suggestions - I'm pretty certain it was the free game/knocker after reading the suggestions and watching a few videos online. I turned the sound off (setting it to low didn't seem to noticeably help) and will report back if it doesn't resolve it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ebdixson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=ebdixson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.