IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider druthefu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2194 7 years ago

I haven't upgraded my speaker package, but I think adding a shaker to the Premium I have is such a game changer for me, makes the game really come to life and give it a more complete, solid feeling.

#2197 7 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Put a shaker on my Premium. Whenever it activates, I hear a high-pitched squeaking noise coming from somewhere on the right side of the cabinet.
Any ideas?

That is the area of the shaker install (but you knew that), so I would check for any loose screws/bolts, and ensure that the shaker is tightly secured, and it's wires are clear of interfering with the shaker's movement.

#2267 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I just got my GB pro last night and it definitely needs some tweaking.

The drop targets don't always drop on the first hit. Is the easiest fix for me the replacement springs from pinball life?

For the Scoleri springs, instead of replacing with the Pinball life ones, you can easily stretch out your current springs by 10 rungs and connect at that point. Now mine drop much easier without brick shots that hit them head on.

4 weeks later
#2693 7 years ago

Up in post #2673 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/54#post-3694450), I noticed the inserts are different colors, not the original white flashers. Cool look!

3 weeks later
#2906 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I am in with an LE. Really think Stern put it together on this one. Can anyone tell me if there is something missing on the post that I have pictured. The one below the ramp near the slimer. Thanks

I was wondering this same exact question. I saw the empty hex post on mine the other day, and thought "am I missing something?" or "is this left empty for a future mod or something?"

#2967 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Can someone post a picture of the mylar that needs to be removed?
Thx!

I'm curious to see the mylar in question as well. I checked my machine, NIB purchase of mine, and for the life of me, I can't see any mylar on the PF in the location. I'm assuming that Stern didn't include on my earlier release (Oct '16), and applied the mylar on later releases?

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Are you having issues with your right orbit not registering?

Not I, I've never noticed an issue with that particular switch not registering.

The only 'issue' regarding a switch registering is when the ball goes up the Subway ramp, sometimes the switch doesn't register during WBTDO, Jackpot, SF, etc. I bent the metal arm of that particular switch to stick out more into the ramp lane, and it seems to have improved, but there are times it doesn't register. I've tested it in the service menu...100% register, I've taken the glass off and passed the ball through 10 times, and it registers 100%, but during gameplay it sometimes doesn't register, so I'm wondering if it is a bug vs being a physical issue.

#2971 6 years ago

Has anyone noticed the Subway Ramp registering 'issue' I described in post #2969 above?

1 week later
#3056 6 years ago

I would love for some type of visual cue for when the flippers reverse, on top of the sound notification. Perhaps make use of the red flashers in the outlanes that were intended for the proton beams. Like, light them both up when flippers are reversed, and off when 'normal'.

2 weeks later
#3195 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Yeah I am thinking about picking up the purple ones from PBL, i think that color would fit nicely but have to wait a bit, my GB is being picked up tonight by a local stern approved repair person to have my cab swapped out.

I went the Purple LED Flipper Button route myself for my Premium. I think it adds a nice touch, and fits the art package and ZY Stern Art blades/inner decals.

4 months later
#3924 6 years ago

I would love if the new code would integrate the two red outlane inserts to be indicators used during MHMB to indicate flippers being reversed or not.

4 months later
#4691 6 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

No can you be more specific? What part do I need to replace and what do I replace it with?

I used this from Pinball Life: https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=359

Metal Hex Spacers 1/4" - 2-1/4" Long (Female/Female)
Choose a Length : 1-5/8"

1 year later
#7760 4 years ago

I was gifted one of those cool Hallmark Ecto-1's, now I'm just waiting on you creatives to figure out how/where to mount it, and how you're going to connect it for the lighting.

I'm all ears

1 year later
#9083 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I lost about a third of the playfield while playing, rebooted, and got the error message that node-9 board is not found.
Checked the recommended guidance about re-seating ethernet cables. No help.
I noticed that the red light is on, but no green light and no yellow light. I'm guessing it's not regulating the 6-volts. I don't see any obvious damage to the circuitry.
Before I buy another board, anything else I can check? Any chance a down-stream short broke the board, or is it just that these boards can, and do, fail from time-to-time?

My recent adventures with "9 NODE NOT FOUND"...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-9-node-not-found-was-the-beginning#post-6109080

7 months later
#9706 2 years ago

Finally broke down…little do the wife and kids know they are gifting me a ColorDMD LCD at Christmas for my GB! THANK YOU SANTA!

But man, did these prices jump since they were first released for GB, or is my memory a little discombobulated…

#9715 2 years ago

Maybe people are starting to realize how packed this is for a Stern, has some “neat” features, is a popular theme that actually has a lot of assets from the IP, and is pretty close to being one of the last complete packages from Stern.

*Notes from a biased owner

#9728 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The actual node board that went was 9.
I took 8 and put it into 9 to test the board, and 8 worked in 9.
Put the replacement in 8 which is where the trough switches feed into.
So it was a different node board location that went. I'm just learning about how node boards work (and don't work).
Thanks! I'll get back after I look at it again.

Dip switches?

#9731 2 years ago

When my Node 9 went out, I remember I had to ensure the dips were configured for this specific board number.

I hope it’s as easy as this.

1 month later
#9977 2 years ago

Can't wait to install the CDMD after it's gifted to me at Christmas. A CDMD has got to be one of the top 1 mods for this game.

Is the custom audio code version fully compatible with the colored animations?

2 weeks later
#10086 2 years ago

Such a polarizing pin for the pinball crowd. Another happy original owner since 2016. Finally adding a CDMD after Christmas. Going to be a hard inner conversation to think about ever parting with it. I have noticed a huge increase in the continued mod development for this game, and I’m not mad at it, but I am trying to scrounge for more change in my couch cushions.

Is there any good estimate on just how many GB Pro, Prem, and LEs Stern ended up cranking out?

2 weeks later
#10248 2 years ago

Finally took the plunge and upgraded to a LCD Color DMD. After the air ball protector for the left ramp, a CDMD should be considered the #2 mod for this game. Such a huge difference, such an upgrade. I feel like I’ve been missing so much of the animations with the monochrome red. My one major gripe with this game was the DMD, the last of its kind. It’s like a new game again!

1 week later
#10273 2 years ago

Days later, still in awe having a ColorDMD installed on this machine. I always thought the dot animations were top notch, and now in color, hot damn!

#10281 2 years ago

I initially had my cDMD LCD set on scan and I dug it. After reading some comments in here, switched over to DotXL. Still kind of undecided on which to settle on, but nice knowing I have options, and either is a major upgrade over default red!

1 week later
#10328 2 years ago

Moving Slimer
Magna slings
Subway
Right ramp (with shorter post installed)
Storage facility lock

Those are the reasons for the Premium. I’ve played a Pro and it seems a bit faster, but I felt it was watered down compared to the Premium. The Ecto goggles are cool to look at for the same few images displayed, but it’s not a major factoring difference and is way underutilized.

#10331 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thanks for listing those, I know what the differences are now, I am curious is more about thr gameplay than the extra toys…
Which one plays better.
For example, some times a game plays beteer in the loaded version but sometimes it does not.
For example, aiq, I hated my premium but I enjoy my friends pro although I still dont like yhr game, the pro plays better.
The only “upgrade” i care are the ramps and I am wondering how much of a gameplay difference that generates.
I do like the flow of the pro, it is really fast and vicious.
But in thr back of my head I was wondering what the prem ramps feel like.

I’m a Prem owner, so I may be a little biased. So there is that.

The ramps on the Prem can feel like butter as you start ripping loops. Since I’ve installed the lower hex post on the right ramp, I’ve been able to hit it 3-5 times consecutively in a row, building up that PKE, and especially nice when I lit it as a skill shot!

Don’t discount the magna slings and their novelty. The randomness they add completely adds to the fun factor. I could do without some of the other Prem vs Pro differences, but the slings are the #1 reason to upgrade. Every once in a while they’ll bust your ass with a SDTM drop, but the tricks and flips add to the theme integration. They’re what makes busting ghosts feel good!

#10385 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

GB is one of my all time faves and that's never going to change - not just because of the design, but because of Dwights great code (eventually lol), ZY's finest artwork to date (IMO), and the fabulous sound by Jerry Thompson.

If I could triple bold and highlight the “eventually” I would. Getting my Prem NIB in 2016, we waited some years to get that last code drop and the fun factor exponentially multiplied! If only Stern had Dwight code all his games 3 years ahead of a game’s release, when we buy games with him on board, we wouldn’t spend years hounding for updates.

Add to your list of reasons:
Ernie Hudson
DMD animations

1 week later
#10430 2 years ago

I have that same Hallmark Ecto-1, and my interest is piqued on how you successful tinkerers install it to light up. Please do keep us updated.

1 week later
#10527 2 years ago

ColorDMD may be the BEST “mod” for this game…other than any solution implemented for the airballs next to the left ramp Really brings all the dot animations to life. Blew my mind seeing that they are a lot more detailed in color vs the default red.

6 months later
#11050 1 year ago

Garagecade dust cover found on Amazon. I hate to cover up the playable kinetic art piece, but it is a garage with the local farmland dust swirling around.

C0E42411-BB12-40E2-9AF2-1B460BD0DB25 (resized).jpegC0E42411-BB12-40E2-9AF2-1B460BD0DB25 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#11522 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It's official, boys and girls. I did a switch test and my left magna sling is deader than the proverbial door nail.

I had fun with a magnasling magnet once......

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-9-node-not-found-was-the-beginning#post-6079658

#11528 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Did you have some special tool to help with pulling the connectors on the node board? They look like locking connectors and the node board is buried under a huge cluster of wires. I do not see easy access to removing the node board.
Any tricks you or anybody else has for removing this node board will be appreciated.
Thanks

If I remember, it was fairly easy to replace, no special tools were needed.

In my situation, I’m not sure which occurred first, a board issue causing the magnet to lock on, or the magnet locking on causing the board to fry and die. Since replacing the board and magnet, no issues and playing has been flawless.

#11529 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So I got my pin 2 days ago and last night really went to work on the playfield cleaning everything. Man it was nasty but is cleaning up nicely with elbow grease. The outside of game is spotless not a scratch on it n I was surprised sense it’ had been routed.
Should I get a Color DMD or led color one I’ve been watching some reviews on utube but I can’t really tell which is better any ideas.

I went for the CDMD replacement (SKU: GB-SPIKE-SHIELD). I like having the options to play with, having different modes to choose from.

Adding color to the GB animations really livens this machine up. Some of the best for animations out there, makes some of these newer LCD screen “animations” look dated.

1 month later
#11704 1 year ago

Was this on a Premium? Did one of the magna sling magnets lock on?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider druthefu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=druthefu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.