New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158155)

Ghostbusters Club - We Got One!!!

By 30FathomDave

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,878 posts
  • 715 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Tjohejsan
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,673 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-11-25-18-38-42 (resized).jpg
IMG_3982 (resized).JPG
IMG_3978 (resized).JPG
IMG_3980 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8762 (resized).jpg
C3A46B35-B443-4954-938A-6B08B06D7C28 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
2573626B-9D7A-47A3-97A6-5BD3E58514EE (resized).jpeg
FF120A9B-FA78-472F-805D-B2275F4A58C0 (resized).jpeg
5713752D-1999-46EC-863E-F73AA802B3C4 (resized).jpeg
AFF0B540-ECF4-49C5-B413-829E69B699D5 (resized).jpeg
38F687D3-D891-4678-96AB-28C5F2E4F9BA (resized).jpeg
418AC15F-D784-48C7-897C-C6587E1A817F (resized).jpeg
IMG_8278 (resized).jpg
215CC573-3E9C-4682-BD48-3ED097FF78E2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (3 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6171 1 year ago

Hot diggity damn! It looks like I am in the club!

Long story but I was in after the original reveal on an LE; deposit paid, waited out the whole time for shipping and had to give him up due to some challenges that I was experiencing at the time. It arrived NIB but a friend swooped in and took it away. Fast forward 3 years and I will be picking one up Saturday morning with a new replacement PF in the wait. I will get the pin home and set up and then arrange to do the swap. This replacement populated PF was made available due to the original plagued ghosting debacle. All that said, my day is finally approaching!

I have just ordered a full set o' cliffies but has anyone here opted for the new thinner (.5mm) Playfield protector:
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/jfscMWEhZk-Cw5zNSeDD2g?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Ghostbusters%20(Limited%20Edition)%20%7C%202016

Not sure if it is overkill but after seeing the dimpling on our ACNC, that just killed me especially after opting in for the buttered cab and all of the trimmins'. Still watching that as I might be checking in with Spooky if anything else happens beyond dimpling.

I will try to go back and determine which other mods are essential or just plain fun.

Is the new audio mix done with pinball browser or is there more to it?

#6185 1 year ago

Got my LE home on Saturday!

Added a couple of homemade mods already.

I wanted the books to be much taller than the mods that I've seen online. Lucked out with this set from a local comic book Shop. Made some custom brackets and voila! It's going to be fun modding this

IMG_20190519_0917181 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_1631043 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_1631219 (resized).jpg
#6191 1 year ago
Quoted from billrz:

Thanks. Got the color installed. What a great mod !!

Did you order the LCD with add-on mounting kit? Just ordered the display bundle, looking forward to it!

#6193 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Do you have list of sizes you ordered ? Thx !

I'm interested in a full rubber kit as well, if we get a proper list together it would be greatly appreciated.

I saw pics of the glow titans on the ACNC and they look killer. Maybe the same for GB?

1 week later
#6228 1 year ago

Hey all,

So still new to my LE and lovin' it. What is frustrating to me is seeing the ball come out of the pops, under the gate, bounce off of the RT orbit rail just enough that the ball come SDTM. WTF!?

I need to order a hanging center post plastic but what else should I be looking at to help?

#6235 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Level side to side?

Quoted from sethi_i:

A center post probably won't help that. Center posts only save a ball that is coming directly from the middle. If it's coming off the right rail at an angle that just misses the flipper, it will probably hit the side of the post and slide into the trough.
Leveling and pitch is a better fix.

Quoted from desertT1:

Yeah, something is off level because that feed should go straight to the right flipper.

Bang on! It was the front of the pin, I leveled it and now I only have an occasional drain, everything else goes to the RT flipper. Although there wasn't much of an adjustment the ball definitely shoots harder now as well. That part is odd but play is much better now, thanks!

1 week later
#6316 1 year ago
Quoted from IonRay:

Joined the club last week with a nice HUO premium and have been looking for an official Stern topper all week... search has been frustrating at best.

Welcome! I'm fairly new as well and lucked out with an LE. I love this theme and this pin.

I would like to bounce around ideas for a DIY topper. The Stern one seems alright but is it worth that kind of money? Does anyone have detailed pics; all sides and possibly the harness and PCB? How complicated is this thing? There are a ton of intelligent pinheads out here.

#6319 1 year ago
Quoted from zerbam:

see post #6305 above for topper posibility

That is the Stern one. I was trying to determine if anyone has been thinking about a DIY approach to this. More pics of this one, from all sides along with wiring harness etc... would be a good reference. Interested in other people's thoughts on that.

$500 USD = $669 CDN + tax, comes to $756 + shipping etc... That's a lot a coin for an okay topper.

2 weeks later
#6405 1 year ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

The ghost is 3d printed. I printed him pretty big, it's about 11" wide. The no sign is lasered pieces of wood I glued together.

It will, I'm gonna cut the letters out of acrylic then light that up. I am having a guy 3d print a 15" tall proton pack, we'll see how that goes though.

It's a beauty!

I've just stumbled on that 3D file online, it's fantastic and will use it for sure (in a small way). Where are you 3D printing these and how cost effective is it to do so at that size?

1 week later
#6416 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Please come back to the thread, there's a big party next Tuesday celebrating 30 months of no code update!
[quoted image]

Am I the first to arrive? I was sitting in the car waiting to see if others were here yet but the suspense was killing me.

I've brought Hi-C Echo Coolers and Twinkies!

1 week later
#6469 1 year ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The striping on the ghost catching screens for the LED is a known issue and we will be issuing a fix. Have not seen the slimer screen without color.

Can you confirm that the 'Tournament Play' related screens are on the 'to be colorized' list. There is currently no color on these screens.

Regarding this slime river, I like the visualization of the green but would like a pink option. Assuming that the pink is in the works, it would be great if there could be separate ROM option for each.

Thanks in advance!

#6470 1 year ago

Does anyone know if I can order just the large plastic piece for the reverse hanging center post. Pinball Life's kit has a whole kit; IE: with the green slime plastics etc... which my GB LE came with.

If it is not available would someone have a scan or outline file so that I can CNC one myself? This outline and one for the flyball protector for the left ramp (2 standup targets) would be great!

#6474 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

For the center post mod, its all separate pieces. So you don't have to install the actual center post and just have the lane hopping overhead piece installed.

I was hoping to not have to purchase the lot, just to use the largest piece. I already have a small post for it as well.

No real rush but I think that I'd like the option to save SDTM balls.

#6500 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

GL most if not all distributors are sold out.

Has anyone shared pics of the inards? It doesn't look that fancy for the price, is there a special PCB/control board in there?

3 weeks later
#6632 1 year ago

Can someone share a picture of the center captive ball and gate(s) area where there is a black nylon spacer? Just putting everything back together and this fell out when disassembling this area.

Thanks!

#6644 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know if you can change the auto launch strength? I was looking last night and couldnt find the setting.

I was just going to ask the same question. Installed the walking SP and occasionally the autolaunched ball hits the 3D printed box/motor. Not happy with that.

#6652 1 year ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

"Ghostbusters – We’ve recently allocated additional resources to the Ghostbusters update."

Is this the latest update?

#6654 1 year ago

I just finished readying my LE, so like everyone else I now wait.

#6666 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Do you still need this? I couldn't see a black spacer when I looked...

No longer needed but thanks for asking.

My replacement PF came with the Stern stainless steel plate so I gathered that I needed to raise the black metal top piece to accommodate. Just inserted a couple of washers and Simmer still clears the plate nicely. Not sure where the single small spacer actually sat.

1 week later
#6710 1 year ago

Has anyone had success with updating GB (PRE/LE) with pinball browser? (with a ColorDMD)

#6717 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nope,
Switch the rubber rings around for much more action .

Sorry, what do you mean by this?

#6726 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

So is this after they've been switched? The small rings go above the large ring?

These are conflicting

My new PF came with smalls on bottom, large on top. Not sure which is 'better' to achieve more action.

#6731 1 year ago

Thanks guys!

Mine has the reverse at the moment. Gonna change it in the morning.

#6741 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

You will be Amaaaaazed

Indeed. Played a couple of games and those slingshot ghosts are out in full force. Simple adjustment, I love it!

#6746 1 year ago

I like the idea of the save posts below in the market place as well as the center post and plastic. Need to get or make me some.

1 week later
#6758 1 year ago

They still have playfields to send out? Is dimpling the only issue?

I thank that it was for insert ghosting not dimpling but maybe others can chime in.

#6780 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Updated sounds really make it special. Bobby Brown MB #1
It's also my dream theme...

Mine as well!

Is anyone sharing sound libraries?

#6811 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

am working on ball interactive ones

Keep me posted as well please! (#3?

#6812 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes - this is the link to the PREMIUM custom music I made for this game. Music from the movie - it really brings it to the next level.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tTE0I1PVY7rKK_EsSaC4g_Ln0qfo68nx

Thank you! I will look up how to install this. Is there a backup for the original that is available or that I need to do?

#6814 1 year ago

Well, after having my full PF swapped out not too long ago my Tony Scoleri LED is out. I have swapped out the bulb but it is still dead. This connects to a node board but I can't really make out where based on the manual.

Has this happened to anyone and can you tell which board and connector to look at?

#6817 1 year ago

delt31 installed and enjoying the new tunes, thank you!

I will watch the movie again to get reacquainted with the songs

#6830 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm in the same boat. Love the LE and it's actually not even that bad with the current code especially seeing how this game actually has all the actors, voices, etc
When it was released this was expected but with all these new games cutting costs and not getting all the assets, it really stands out.

I too LOVE my LE. This thing is gorgeous!

Looking forward to the new code.

#6846 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Premium, thanks for the screw check idea. I’ll take a look.
Thanks,
Jeff

I bent the switch arm outwards a bit, zero issues since. ...but I will go back and check the screw(s), although I should have noticed if the switch was loose.

#6906 1 year ago
Quoted from oradke:

I‘m glad I got one before the hype started!

Me too, and the LE is what I snagged as it was on my wishlist!

1 week later
#7004 1 year ago

I sent a support request to Stern regarding the LED for the left Soleri insert being dead (some time after the PF swap) and haven't heard back.

Should this be called in or is there a better way to get a response?

1 week later
#7202 1 year ago

Is there a checksum for the file(s)?

1 week later
#7389 1 year ago

I have mentioned it before but my Tony Scoleri insert LED is out and I had previously emailed support but have since called it in and zero response. Bigger fish to fry I suppose but I just want the light to work. DUMB design.

#7450 1 year ago

Revised this post:

Using WinMD5Free to compute MD5 hash value for files, these are the values that you want to ensure that the files are not corrupt:

I have an LE so this applies to LE (and PRE I believe)

ghostbusters_LE-1_16_0.spk
MD5 checksum value:
9ff343efbd6a81f0443e5ed79e48f988

Ghostbusters_le-1_17_0.spk
MD5 checksum value:
5be4bd68c7a48b950abcbbf0604b7b57

NOTE: For my .17 update this morning, I used the same FAT32 formatted USB as .16 and it would not work. I tried different times with restarts etc... all failed. Used another FAT32 formatted USB and it worked. I was able to use the VOL button to go to the FULL or UPD menu and selected Update; went fast and worked.

#7453 1 year ago

How is this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look better to me. I like the idea of accenting the top and a bit of the side of this mech but it doesn't need to be completely covered. I think that it would be too distracting from Slimer.

1 week later
#7513 1 year ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

They are probably waiting to see if there will be another update before finalizing.

Hopefully they are working on it and can just add any changes later.

#7524 1 year ago

UrethraFranklin, you really do some great 3D modeling.

The slimer much topper just seems too much for me. Like it highlights a huge block over his head. I personally like that the arm/mech is black and less noticeable.

Regardless, there are some who will love it so keep on creating!

1 month later
#7742 11 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

It has nothing to do with the vuk’s, the factory metal playfield protectors are thin and have slightly buckled/warped so when the ball comes around the orbit the metal is not flush with the playfield and thus the ball direction gets altered.
Anyway, again I’m just asking if anyone that has changed theirs out with Cliffy’s could chime in with any pointers. THX

I bought the full cliffs set and installed all but the left scoop as that looked like too much work considering that the stock protector was not bent up. The rest was pretty straight forward but does take time. Hopefully that helps.

I then installed a full playfield protector, the new thinner type (I had just installed a fully populated GBLE PF (stern swap) and waited for the cliffies and PF protector). The cliffies may be redundant with a PF protector but I don't regret buying and doing it all, the pin is a keeper for me.

2 weeks later
#7805 11 months ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The Chroma ROM updates in November included some unannounced updates for Ghostbusters.
The announced 4.2 Ghostbusters release includes some additional fixes and support for older Rev 1.2 and 1.3x boards.

Thank you for the time and energy to provide an update!

Curious about Tournament mode, is there no love for these screens? They just look bland in grey or white

2 months later
#8004 9 months ago

Just online with Pinball Life looking to order a real knocker kit for GB LE and EHOH LE but when looking in the backbox of my GB LE, there is an assembly on the lower left that has 2 23-800 coils installed, with coil sleeve in each but there is no coil post. What is this assembly for?

#8006 9 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That's some kind of interference filter for the speakers. I remember when I upgraded to flipper fidelity I took them out. It's nothing to do with a knocker

Crazy sounding but must be true if you had to yank them out

Thanks for sharing.

1 week later
#8123 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Reminds me of growing up.

NEVER GROW UP!

6 months later
#8739 55 days ago

Might have just found my new topper.

IMG_20201006_2018421 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_2022243 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_2032154 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_2035052 (resized).jpg
#8741 55 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

That looks great and different to what you normally see

Thanks. It may work but I would have to center drill on the resin piece to secure it to a mounting plate or similar. It would be neat to have some spots/lights setup on it as well. I did inquire about the tech that is within the actual Stern GB topper but it is one or more node boards in there so not likely easy or possible to duplicate that.

#8743 54 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Put stay puft on a metronome

I do have the moving Stay Puft mod for the in-game SP, that's cool! I was thinking that I could connect spot lights to that same signal to light up the topper. What are others doing, if anything?

#8745 53 days ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Just wanted to post this . A Buddy of mine is working on 3d printed ghost trap for that shitty plastic on the back panel . I’m curious if there are any interest . The final version will be painted and we are also thinking of adding a green plastic inside the trap for a better effect . We are also playing with the idea of having the blinking lights as well . Not sure what it will cost when done but will be a simple install . Let me know why you think and what you think is a fair price for it .
[quoted image]

Sounds cool! I am interested so far and will watch for more details.

1 week later
#8792 41 days ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Most of us swap the rubber, put the sling rubber in on bottom, put the smaller "O-rings" on top, stops the problem you're having. Did this since I bought it never had a problem. Some notice an improved response, I did not, you may adjust the switch as you see fit.
[quoted image]

I did the same after reading about the improved response and couldn't be happier.

GB sling (resized).jpg
#8804 38 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

Why did you change the gi globes Btw?

These are UV LEDS. I figured that I would install them when I put all Glow In The Dark Titan rubbers in. It is a neat effect but I was only able to put them in a few places on GB as there are mostly SMD LED everywhere.

#8805 38 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Glow in the dark looks fantastic, does it glow at all during game play?
Did you have actual Titan's on the IJ? The Superbands look similar to the Titan, but feel totally different. By different, I mean awful. I thought the Titan's were pretty close to the real rubber feel on every game I've tried so far.

I have also installed full GITD Titans on about 4 of my pins so far (GB LE, ACNC, AFM, EHOH LE) and love the look. They do not often 'glow' during play but I guess it depends on how dark your room is. Although they are actual GITD, it is the neat green colour that looks gret all of the time.

#8808 36 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Shopping out my game and I noticed my Gozer plastic didn’t have a head. Anyone have an extra to sell or know where you can buy single pieces?

I know that you've found one but I couldn't wait to remove mine and replace it.

IMG_20201026_1152158 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 199.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside