Quoted from pinballmlb:
Some of my recollections. Please correct whatever I missed.
1) now you can score both an upper and a lower skill shot as long as you hit the upper skill shot first.
2) ball save on left scoop
3) Slimer less important to start modes so that shot downplayed at beginning - for example, it you start a mode somehow else, he goes away
4) distinct start to Loopin Supers and to mass hysteria multiball - much better as you essentially qualify them at 60 or 100 ghosts, but they won’t start until whatever other mode is over so they become distinct events - this is way better. Same concept for PKE
5) every time you hit ghost target during mass hysteria multiball, the flippers switch between regular and backwards with clear sound effects
6) each of the modes is easier as you can hit ghost target to get credit for a shot as long as you’ve hit one shot before and as long as its not the last shot - therefore, you’ll climb the ladders much quicker so you’ll see more modes; also, you get credit for a mode even if it times out or you drain, so also much easier
7) new librarian mini mode that uses the librarian insert (that was never used before); qualify this with captive ball (as long as you’ve got at least one lit in librarian ladder) and in rotation with Scoleri brothers,etc, so will see them less
took Scoleri brothers out of pops so see them less
9) if get all of the mode ladders, you get to a We’re Ready to Believe You wizard mode that is different (and now seems someday achievable given above) - it is very cool and if you win it, you get to a final wizard mode (Are You a God)
10) much more clear use of left captive ball set to light super jackpot and playfield multipliers
All in all, looks great and made the game easier, which means we’ll see more if it and have more fun. I think it will also have less ridiculous score variation.
I love this update. There were a few other small things that stood out to me.
River of Slime is now no longer a throw-away thing, it has some cool integration.
Super Jackpot starts at 5 mil, is capped at 30 mil and is built with the spinner.
Gozer's first stage is finished with the right orbit, not the right ramp. Stay Puft will be much more reachable.
Stay Puft shots start at 3X when you "choose" the path, and count down slowly until one is collected. The value is much lower. However, the 3rd stage lets you collect all of the point you earned in the first few stages, so a pretty good payday.
Multipliers are more easily lit on the captive ball, so hitting "K" skill shot is not so overpowered now.
Video mode is worth more, but not available as a skill shot.
I don't think players will go for anything but the "K" skill shot up top, but you still have to hit it.
There are not many multiballs accessible near the start of the game. But, there are a ton later on. This is still most definitely a medium to upper skill level players' game, but progression is now quite a bit easier.
The official tally to my snarky little challenge is that my GB has earned 88.16% of its purchase price before the code update. With this new update I have a feeling it will get a nice little boost as people re-visit the game. I've always liked the game, but I think it is now a very good game.