Topic Stats

• 7,741 posts
  • 639 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 228 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,382 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191207_082153 (resized).jpg
1A17E1B0-95F8-4452-9E91-73730473B752 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5608 (resized).JPG
87A5B1A3-2C5E-4742-97FC-3ACCB64EE996 (resized).jpeg
Books-GBusters - 3 (resized).jpg
Books-GBusters - 1 (resized).jpg
Books-GBusters - 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0110 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191112_173546 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191112_173535 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191112_204954 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (2 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (2 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

plan to join the club too. Very misleading title though.

3 months later
#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

While it isn't quite the Ectomobile, our Honda CR-V snuggly fit our NIB GB Pro today. I see I have the new Slimer mech which works phenomenally. I put an extra pinball in the right captive ball because our local GB has an incredibly bent wire which prevents it from working. I hope this works.

I have the same car. Did the door close or did you drive with it half open?

#1301 3 years ago

as someone who doesn't know how this game truly plays - can someone quickly recap what all of the complaining about is with modes (or being forced to replay the same ones over and over and not seeing all of them)?

#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Modes are sorted into ladders. There's a total of 3 ladders in the game containing 2, 3 and 4 modes respectively. You can work on any ladder during the game but you do need to clear the bottom tears in a ladder before you can move up. You don't need to complete a ladder before beginning another so you can jump back and forth. The big complaint seems to be it's a hard game so you see the lower tears way more often than the higher.

OK - thanks for the explanation. I actually like that modes need to be completed to advance but making them occur randomly would prob be the better choice. It's like Jurassic Park where the first mode was always X and now with the updated code it's random.

I'm getting the GB itch. The theme alone sold me and it seems like the gameplay is holding up.

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

The difference is that in JP the modes aren't in chronological order. You can't randomize the GB modes. They follow the progression of the movie. How can you get do the ballroom before "We Got One"? Also, how can you do Stay Puft before the end? Three ladders allows for variety, unlike JP where there is only one ladder.

All good points guys. I agree it wouldn't make sense.

1 month later
#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and that is why I currently hate the game. 800 games and no Marshmallow Man? To anyone who's about to say "Play Better", stop typing - this game is just a dick.

I have never seen one poster constantly bash a game like you. It's like you love hating this game - saying it everywhere you can (multi threads). We get it - you hate the game. Can't you stop being such a downer or at least stop posting about it?

#1593 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only cheerleaders allowed? Have I ever asked anyone who thinks its perfect to stop posting? Put me on ignore if it hurts you so much to read some dissent.

ok will do thanks.

1 week later
#1736 3 years ago

looks great! Where did you get those speaker panels?

1 month later
#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

A bit premature as we just tore up the carpets for wood (messy), but I thought some may get a kick out of the Vigo wall I'm making for GB (WIP). He's behind the faux brick and the framing adds to the appearance of depth. I assume most would think this is a crazy thing to do in their house :p (perhaps not on this forum ). Interestingly enough, I initially got the Vigo print years before a GB pin was announced (thought I'd have it in a theater room, but never installed it). Never thought it would end up near a pin (I wasn't even into the hobby at the time :p ). Yet, it's a welcome turn of events

that's freaking awesome.

#1855 3 years ago

guys - looking to make the flipper area brighter. Wish the light for the magnaslings would stay on all the time - not just when they are in use. Anyway to do that? How would I go about hooking up a light behind the flippers in the apron as I'm not familiar with the new stern LEDs

1 month later
#1921 2 years ago

so how does everyone line their flippers up for this game. For example - the small circle located near the bottom of each flipper. I just realized my left one is lined lower than right (must been factory set like that) - but that seems odd. Feel like they either both line up the circle to the middle of the flipper or top of the flipper.

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The dots for flipper alignment should not vary from game to game. Should be aligned with the middle of the flipper. Do you have a photo?

Got it. My Metallica is lined up like that and my right flipper for gb but left must have dropped by itself BC no longer center. Will need to align. Did it in my old Williams wonder if it's there same with these new Stern's

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to order some speaker lights and inserts for the game. Which ones do you guys think look best? I'm strongly considering the "Slimer" ones, but I'd love to see a good pic of what they look like installed.

I was very close to buying the ghostbusters "ghost" logo but haven't pulled the trigger. Pretty expensive for what they are (80 shipped). I might still do it but it's not a def.

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

The speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com are by far the best thing I have added...I think it was like $69 for everything

Those are the ones I was looking to get but seem like it was 80. What do you love so much about them besides appearance? They do look good and I have a green DMD already which would really tie in.

I agree with the reflections - that would bother me. Maybe just the pic?

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Switch is good. The ball is jumping the switch on strong shots.

I have this happen too (not a lot but it happens). Low coils, pitch is fine. This game is just violent.

#1946 2 years ago

man - that reflection alone will prevent me from getting them but DAMN they look good!

what is this bent plastic deflector? Where did you get?

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Takes the glare off the glass Pinballlife has them best money you will ever spend 7$

done and done - thanks. How do you apply it btw? It goes in front of the DMD?

#1949 2 years ago

btw - does anyone know the part that you screw on which keeps the plastics in line? For example - plastic goes over the metal posts then you screwn these on so the plastic doesn't move. They are throughout the game - I need extra ones. Anyone know size/where they are on pinball life? Thanks in advance.

#1951 2 years ago

appreciate the help. It's not those. See this URL. It's a pic of the air ball protector. You see the three tops that screw the plastic onto the post? Two on the top, 1 on the bottom. They rotate clockwise to lock in the plastic to the post.

https://images.pinside.com/c/c9/cc9da7fb3fc365671059c17fbc16515d7735e13b/resized/largish/cc9da7fb3fc365671059c17fbc16515d7735e13b.jpg

#1953 2 years ago

ok - I know they are but putting in a big order and it would save me the trip. If pinball life doesn't sell them, that's fine. thanks

btw - great avatar.

#1957 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Those are called "#6-32 lock nuts"
They have nylon inside them to keep them from loosening up.
Get a bag at your hardware store or off Amazon or pinballlife
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=226
amazon.com link »

Awesome thanks!

4 weeks later
#2072 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Can't find the clip in the standard audio file list Pinball Browser brings up. It's not from a longer clip, or parts of shorter clips put together either. It's just not there. There are plenty of other clips from that song...just not what plays at Game Over.
Olivier, the author of the Pinball Browser is looking for the clip for me. It is stored somewhere non-standard. Hopefully, he'll find it soon.

I had the same idea but I thought you can't just replace the game over, you would need to replace that song everywhere...If you find asolution let us know.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Finally found a spot for Bobby Brown's "On Our Own".
Chose the PKE mode, as it was neutral and not scene specific.
» YouTube video

that's cool - what did you update? I have pinbrowser already and familiar with how it works....

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

No, there are clips of the song all over the code. It's not one monolithic clip. The one at the end is a 12 second clip, lopped 3 times.

thanks! Do you know what the clip at the end is called b/c I would like to try replacing it.

Can you also tell me the longer PKE clip so I can do what you did too?

Thanks!

2 months later
#2837 2 years ago

so during game modes (or potentially any time during the game) if the ball save occurs does your game allow the reshot to be sent all the way around to left flipper b/c mine is always stopped by the gate and drops down to bumpers. Just realized this is always the case with ball save auto reshot.

#2838 2 years ago

also - what is the general strategy you guys are using? Right now I have been going ball one mode shot on plunge, then drive modes (usually right show - who brought the dog) then work into MB by hitting that stationary ball. What is your approach?

#2853 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone think that the video modes are severely unbalanced compared to the rest of the starting modes? When you can get 60 million off a video mode and only 20 million off something like Who Brought the Dog, it just doesn't seem right. You can easily rack up 120 - 180 million just playing video modes off the skill shot, whereas you need to finish 5 or 6 regular modes to accomplish the same thing.
Unless there is something I'm missing?

I agree that's a really good point.

#2867 2 years ago

how do you light MPs besides the K shot?

#2869 2 years ago

not sure why people are taking their playfields out. Did it myself with the soapy water method and installed perfectly in 10 min. Just a suggestion for next time.

Video below - this guy has a lot of good videos besides this too.

Used it twice and perfection

#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Not sure how to get the insert lit, but once it is, you need to move all 4 balls in the left captive ball stack.
Once you do that you get the 2X. You then have to do it again to get the 3X. It is very difficult to get them going for 6X like that. That's why the K shot is so valuable.

wait - so if you don't get K, in order to get the insert light (so you can hit and turn on X scoring) you need to move all 4 balls just for 2? WHa?

#2883 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Hitting the proton pack targets is what lights the 'light super jackpot' and 'light playfield multipliers' lights.
Hitting the captive balls is what awards what is lit. So if 'light playfield multipliers' is lit in front of the captive balls, shooting the captive balls around will actually light the playfield multipliers.
I believe once you shoot the first captive ball, you have limited time to shoot the next captive ball. If time runs out, the balls fall back to their starting position.
Hope that made sense.

That does - thanks. So in order to get what is lit by the captive balls, I need to hit all of them or just one to get the light item? All seems like a lot but I guess fair.

#2919 2 years ago

so I can confirm that when I removed the cliffy for the left bros, no more airs going up the left ramp. It def was the cliffy. FYI if you are having the same problem

note - I still get target air ocassional but I was getting air balls before they were reaching targets - now due to my cliffy.

#2985 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Cliffy's arrived time to install

Just don't install the Bros cliffys ( left one especially). Caused so many airballs on left ramp had to remove

#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

This is the first pin where my 4 year old scoots a chair over, turns it on and plays all by herself. Don't care what the haters think, we love it.

Funny you mentioned this - my 2.5 year old does the same thing and is literally learning pinball on it. He waits for the ball to come to him. It's pretty amazing! He loves this machine.

4 months later
#3763 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I've had my Ghostbusters Pro for about a year now. Last night I put Cliffys in on the storage scoop and scolari brothers targets (plus the drain hole).
I'm getting a lot of air balls on my way up the left ramp now. I have a protector but clearly I'm getting way more air balls than before. Is this because I screwed up putting the ramp back or (more likely) the Scolari bros target protectors?
My targets are flush with the play field but the protector creates a slight lip. Any thoughts? I hesitate to move the target up to the lip because then it would be exposed in the front right?

I can confirm that the cliffys cause the air balls. 100 percent. Taken the left one off.

#3764 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I am looking to buy a GB Premium and I am not sure if I should go new or used. I believe the older ones had issues that perhaps may be corrected in the current NIB ones, but I am not sure. I will have to ship either one (new or used) and it appears a used one will save me about 10 to 15 percent. That does not seem like a lot of savings given the potential issues of the older (used) units. If buying a premium now would you buy new or used and what would be the earliest built date you would consider buying?

Absolute no brainer buy used with a good pf. The price on gb especially premium it's dropping big time from what I've seen. Below 6k and nice pf.

1 month later
#4086 2 years ago

Haven't visited this thread in sometime. Any word on possible code update or still nothing?

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After SW is finished

wow so there actually is another update in the works?

2 weeks later
#4135 2 years ago

so did they explain why bill murray's face was changed to look a little off for final translite?

1 month later
#4399 1 year ago

so going to rejoin the club soon and I noticed they have the walking MM now at mezel. Anyone have this and when/how does it actually walk?

#4402 1 year ago

wow thanks guys - thinking about buying it as it seems to really go off during a number of times during the game. 160....hmmmmm.

Is it distracting though during the game? I will go back and reach through the comments too.

#4405 1 year ago

also if anyone owns the stern licensed shooter rod - is it the same shape as the stock one in the front or is it more rounded (like a ball)? I can't tell from the stock pics. I really hate the way the stock ones feel.

#4407 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

It is more rounded than the stock one, though had a flat front. It feels fine, but honestly is a bit cheap considering the price tag. I’d probably either leave the stock one or go for one of the Modfather (or similar) ones if I had it to do over.

Thanks - I've contacted the modfather as I've been happy with his on my other ones. I just love that damn logo! thanks!

#4418 1 year ago

well back in the club! Let's get that code going!

#4429 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I love my gb. I feel like it shoots really well at this point. I have seen some posts about replacing the hex post on the right ramp. Does anyone have a pic? Does it really help that much? Also, is this the right piece (1 5/8):
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=359

SIGNIFICANT diff. The shot is now doable and completely changes it.

btw - I'm back in the club. Went with premium again as I tried the pro but couldn't deal with the compromises. Magna by itself are worth it.

This game is fun - plays better than I remember and it's unique. Love the theme and with my custom soundtrack (check the other custom code thread), it's really running on all cylinders. I was critical of this game recently but with the new code coming out - I've more excited than ever.

#4432 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I did this tonight, and you’re right. Shots are backhand-able, unlike before. However, I find the shot geometry is off now. Basically, I need to re-learn when to shoot.
Still a great trade off!

I tried this as well - I think I like it. I know for sure it looks normal now as i always thought the flippers looked droopy. I think I'll keep it like this.

#4445 1 year ago

For the guys who adjusted their flippers up (to be in line with the inlanes) what have you done to your right ramp b/c that shot is now really hard on mine (and it's already been updated with the hex that makes it easier). Did you buy a shorter hex to reduce the height?

#4447 1 year ago

Thanks. Anyone how adjusted the flippers up also adjust that ramp again and if so what did you do bc I'm thinking of moving that left flipper back down again

#4454 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I lowered my right ramp as you did (i cut my hex post down VS replacing it purely due to lazyness). It's definately a more difficult shot with the left flipper adjusted. I will have to practice or see how people backhand that shot from the right flipper. I still like it better the way it is regardless and wouldnt change it back.

I noticed a BIG diff. Will prob drop the left a little to help as it was perfect before.

#4459 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Both great. The deal breaker for me was the magna slings. Couldn’t stand them. To each their own, though.

Haha I had exactly the opposite reaction as those magna slings make the game plus some other things. Premium for me or nothing on this game!

#4460 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Premium. No doubt. Played both many times.
I love the magna slings (switching the rubbers made them awesome), but the subway ramp was a game changer for me. I think it is awesome how it goes under the PF and back up...plus you get an actual ball lock.
Everyone's opinion is different, but for me it is worth it.

What rubber did you put in them?

After selling my premium and deciding to come back I tried to convince myself and save the money but after playing the pro 3 times I gave up. Once you taste the premium hard to go pro

#4463 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

You just flip the 2 sling rubbers on the premium. It is what basically made me keep my premium. Totally makes the magna slings go nuts. I think some premiums left the plant with the sling rubbers on the wrong way.

Never heard of this. Mine are pretty good but I might try. So you take the rubber and flip it on its other side or flip the left rubber sling to the right and vice versa?

#4466 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Take the main rubber and move it to the bottom slot on post. Take the rubbers that were there and move them to the top notch. Should look like this on both slings when done. Credit: who-dey

Quoted from jyeakley:

Take the main rubber and move it to the bottom slot on post. Take the rubbers that were there and move them to the top notch. Should look like this on both slings when done. Credit: who-dey

Interesting - I think mine look like that now though. Maybe previous owner did this? Anyway to tell for sure? If I understand correctly you take the original rubber slings and swap them with the rubbers right below them (that are in that inlane)?

#4468 1 year ago

will do! I just found that a metal "gate" fell off the game. Spinner gate is good, the gate on the right orbit looks goods. The gate that fell is bigger than both. I wonder if it's from the back bc I don't see it

#4471 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is it the little gate in front of the ecto goggles?

Not the little one but you led me to the right place. It's the larger one to the left of that going to poppers. My games poppers really are active!

Btw have are my rubbers right now

20180117_190936 (resized).jpg

20180117_190927 (resized).jpg

#4474 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Looks like they are already switched for ya!

nice b/c I really liked the way the magnas were playing so that makes sense.

#4498 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

How big of a difference is a speaker upgrade on GB? The stock sounds pretty good to me, but does anyone have thoughts/experience with FF vs. External Sub vs. Stock?
I have upgraded 90s BW machines in the past with FF speakers and they sounded great.

big diff is adding a sub (polk 10). That will blow you away. I wouldn't suggest anything else.

#4517 1 year ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anyone who changes the flippers for ghostbusters, or adjusts the angle, in my opinion is a bad player. Learn to nudge!!!! If that's not enough, add the center post.

I can see this argument or calling out center post but the flipper moving up a little so it's in line with the inlane is just called pinball 101. Not sure i see how this is a great advantage - in fact I put my left flipper back down so I was able to hit that right ramp shot as the higher angle is actually HARDER!

#4519 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Center post just minimizes cheap center drains which this game has a ton of. Either way still not a easy game.
Changing flipper position changes geometry of every shot from the designed layout. Makes certain shots too easy such as the backhand to the steep left ramp. Adjusting flippers will also screw with you if you ever play the game out in the wild as well since you now only know the geometry of your machine.
Whatever makes everyone happy with their machine is really all that matters though!

ok I can understand that (backhand being easier although I still can't do it!). That helps though

#4531 1 year ago

Like others mentioned I'll shoot for captive balls to get the storage lit for three shots

#4591 1 year ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

I already have an airball protector over the subway. When I hit the ball with approximately 50% force the ball is much more likely to successfully climb up the ramp. I did notice that the entrance metal on the sub ramp is a bit lifted. I believe that this might be the issue. I'll level it and let the thread know if that reaolved the issue.

Do you have a cliffy installed for the bros? If so, that is causing the issue no question.

#4626 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think so, i guess depending on condition

guess so? That's a crazy good price. Lowest I've seen. Unless it's on fire I would get it

#4634 1 year ago

so I've been out of the protection loop for awhile but my game occasionally has the ball jumping behind Stay Puff when hitting a hard right orbit shot. Is there a protector now or something to prevent that from happening?

Round 2 with this game and I really appreciate it more now. It's so unique and with the updated custom soundtrack, it's really enjoyable.

3 weeks later
#4684 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

The only way I can hit the right ramp on my Premium is if the ball is ROLLING down the left flipper and you hit it with just the tip. I do not believe it can be made reliably from the left flipper if you cradle the ball. It needs the momentum to get around that loop. I see this as a design flaw and really Fs up this particular game. I have actually thought about trying to make a new ramp to replace this shitty design....with that fixed and some minor software upgrades GB could EASILY be a top 10 game.

Did you replace the hex on it bc it plays much smoother

1 year later
#6441 5 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Come on Stern make Ghostbusters code Great!

MGBGA

3 weeks later
#6554 4 months ago

Looks like I'll be rejoining the club soon! Rolling the dice and giving this another chance with the anticipation of the code helping out.

In the meantime is there a DIY solution to replacing the balls on the left with green ones and best place to get ecto goggle protector?

#6557 4 months ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Not sure I understand about the green balls; They are all DIY solutions. Just buy green balls and swap out the ones on the left. Easy peasy.

sorry - just wasn't sure best/cheapest place to buy them....

As for the ecto protector, I remember when I had my original Stern just gave me the replacement. Is it now just for sale?

Thanks

#6559 4 months ago

ok.

I'm thinking about getting that walking Stay puft.....expensive but looks nice....anyone with one care to share if they think it was worth it?

#6566 4 months ago

anyone here still sell the air ball protectors for the left ramp (prem)? PM if so. thanks.

#6582 4 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Think of selling my GBLE. Lots mods too.
In great shape. On the fence since new code is coming out (someday)!
Not sure - thoughts on what I should do? Any interest if I sell, PM me. If I sell it will be through Pinside.[quoted image][quoted image]

some really cool mods on there. where did you get the subway car and ghost in electric chair?

#6584 4 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Make my own mods - most of the time, including these.
With that said, I think modfather carries subway car (I am sure they got off eBay too); scolary brothers were purchased off of eBay- modified and led lighted.

well they look great. If you wanted to take them off and sell to me, PM me. thanks

#6589 4 months ago

anyone have a center post available? Just joined the club (LE) awaiting the code update which hopefully will be awesome and would like to have one. I have the rest of the kit but not center post.

#6595 4 months ago

Well I'm back in the club! Bought NIB premium when it was first released and I'm back now with an LE.

After opening many since GB, I forgot just how much Stern packed into this game. Wow. And with so many games no longer having assets from the movie this game really stands out now.

I'm back for 1 reason though and that's the code update. It's coming and I'm fine holding on until then. I have a feeling the code is going to be insane and turn this into a walking dead scenario where it totally turned the game around and GB is going to blow up in price bc it really has everything else.

Has a lot of mods already and I just added color dmd, walking SPMM, colored balls and lighted scoops. Love those.

20190801_234700 (resized).jpg20190801_234712 (resized).jpg20190801_234801 (resized).jpg
#6601 4 months ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Sweet! Welcome Back!
Not sure if you know about Swinks "upgraded" target brackets, but I'd highly suggest getting some:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace
They seem to solve 99% of the air balls from the targets on either side of the left ramp. So, no need for an unsightly plastic air ball protector.

Great to know will do

Edit - I'm assuming I need to buy two or do they come as pair and how hard to install?

#6602 4 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Did you go LCD or LED ?

No question LCD. I go LCD as the LED, although brighter is just not as nice and you lose the options of dots display

#6611 4 months ago
Quoted from spidey:

Magna Slings are awesome and they suck. Great most of the time because they do crazy stuff. But when they throw the ball STDM or set the ball there and it drops, you feel cheated. Maybe center post resolves this.
Also the right ramp has to use a lower hex post. It's still a tough shot but feels great when you make it. I can sometimes backhand it from a cradle.
Metal left ramp is great. Moving Slimer is great.
Premium is harder overall but has more wow factor when playing.

can you or someone post a pic of the hex that needs to be removed?

#6648 4 months ago

Wasn't Stern of the Union today ?

#6653 4 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yes, but it was a copy and paste from last month.

Damn. Thanks

#6677 4 months ago

Just replaced the tmolding on my LE to match. Super easy to do highly recommend it. Will do the same on my new jp when it comes.... Just need to figure out what color

20190807_230823 (resized).jpg
#6707 3 months ago

remind me - are there settings to make the magna slings more or less wild?

#6715 3 months ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nope,
Switch the rubber rings around for much more action .

TOTALLY forgot about this. Just did it on my LE and wow - what a difference. Remember the same diff on my premium - you're a genuis!

Stern doesn't make them like GB anymore. The game is so loaded with real proper call outs and other things we see companies removing. Bring on the updated code!

#6737 3 months ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Made some printable cards if anyone is looking. This post are the original sizes. that need to be resized
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5153032

You are REALLY talented with those. They're great!

#6742 3 months ago

What is the stock outlane setting? Should it be middle on both? Mine is the third hole (bottom one) right now....

#6745 3 months ago

Thanks gents

#6747 3 months ago
Quoted from phlegmer:

For new owners, this thread can take quite some time to read through. Is there a concise list of things one should do to fine tune / extend the life of their GB?
1. Reduce airballs by replacing a couple target brackets (https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace) [Wow almost $20 per bracket!]
2. Flip magna-sling rubbers.
etc....
Thanks

So update on my end as I ordered these updated targets and installed today.

I was apprehensive as I thought it's a little pricey for two (around 50 shipped) but then I realized I spent 7k+ on this game and said don't be a dumbass sweating 50 bucks. Glad I did b/c they work VERY well. Plus I don't have that ugly plastic covering my ramp. Very happy. Easy to install too - just unscrew and replace with the existing targets which are underneath the table btw - check the pics on the website for ref.

#6761 3 months ago
Quoted from Exeter:

GB is a great game and I love mine... but the design is a bit unfair. The flipper gap is one thing but those metal out lanes are a joke. I can’t imagine how they decided on that final design with all the lane hopping the metal brackets causes. I shouldn’t have to invest another $100 plus to make the game “fair”. Designed to just eat quarters I guess

I have to tell you I'm loving my gb. Updated the flipper gap and all the other necessary adjustments and it's now playing well. Updated sounds really make it special. Bobby Brown MB #1

It's also my dream theme...

#6767 3 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

what is most popular way to correct flipper gap?

I went center post addition. Without it, this game is super cheap and drives me crazy. Once I found out that stern officially made a mistake making this game with the gap in the middle, I thought it's time to right the wrong.

#6770 3 months ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Interesting! Did I miss where Stern made a statement about the gap?

It's mentioned a few times in this thread I believe and a few other places. Quick google and you should be good.

#6778 3 months ago

Obviously the gap itself is expected to be bigger but stern apparently admitted they were off with the measurements on this.....

cmon I need a super nerd pinball guy to back me up - I read it a thousand times on here!

#6783 3 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Mine as well!
Is anyone sharing sound libraries?

Yes - this is the link to the PREMIUM custom music I made for this game. Music from the movie - it really brings it to the next level.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tTE0I1PVY7rKK_EsSaC4g_Ln0qfo68nx

#6784 3 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't believe nobody has created an interactive proton beam device mod!

I have them on mine (proton guns fit in the hole and have EL wire shoot across the playfield on the sides).

#6823 3 months ago

Btw here is the proton mod on my game.... Had

Has guns and El wire...

20190801_234712 (resized).jpg20190807_230823 (resized).jpg
#6828 3 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

So Glad I upgraded from the pro to the LE....Cant wait for the new code!!

I'm in the same boat. Love the LE and it's actually not even that bad with the current code especially seeing how this game actually has all the actors, voices, etc
When it was released this was expected but with all these new games cutting costs and not getting all the assets, it really stands out.

#6898 3 months ago

Seems like marketplace is starting to burn up with wanted gb threads
Knew that would happen once code was close
Hopefully Stern delivers. They don't even need a knock out so I think this will really be well received

#6914 89 days ago

Color DMD so worth it

that topper is so nice. Damn it I think I need to buy it.

#6936 87 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just agreed on terms of trading in my GB (Pro) towards a AFM. Sorry to be leaving before the code update, but the timing works with the discounts offered at Expo. My fear now is having too many fan layouts, with MET, LOTR, and AFM sitting side by side. Thanks for letting me be a part of the club for a little while.

Who trades in gb right before the big code update? Market is about to explode - sure the guy taking in your game couldn't believe it either

#6938 87 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This guy. AFM prices are also down $500 at Expo, so I'm calling the code bump a wash.

Or you can avoid NIB (biggest waste ever) and just get a sick HUO AFMr for much more than $500 off NIB and try to hold onto an asset that's actually going to climb.

Sometimes I wonder how distributors do well but then I'm reminded.

#6940 87 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I had the offer on the table for a few months and I was open to used or NIB. This is the best offer that's come up. I'm happy. I don't really care, but why do you feel the need to try to make others feel bad about their buying / selling decisions? Pinball is fun. Lets keep it that way.

Don't mean to make you feel bad. Financially it's such a bad decision, I thought I would try to help.

#6942 87 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I just generally would prefer to keep it positive. I perhaps should have shopped around more, but I looked and couldn't find a trade deal that was better then the show special AFM (CE). There have been a few used sales, which were perhaps a $100 or $200 lower, but they were not in my area. Either way, this year I've been able to rotate in machines and haven't had to add cash from Total Nuclear Annihilation and Congo to Ghostbusters and Star Trek: The Next Generation to Lord of the Rings and Attack From Mars.

yeah I don't know what to tell you about keeping it positive. I would say it's positive when someone is trying to alert you of a bad deal.

#6944 86 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I like buying NIB. You dont have to find the secret defects that sellers hide and you can keep it as pristine as possible.
For people like me with OCD, its very rare to find a used machine that is acceptable.

Good point - you just have to worry about the manufacturer defects ; )

There are so many amazing HUO games out there now that NIB is really such a suckers game unless you need it right away. I'm guilty too as I plan on buying NIB JP when the pf issues are fixed but I wish I could wait and save 100s and get someone's really nice one.

I've sold many HUO games to pinsiders that are NIB quality.

#6953 85 days ago

What's crazy is that there after so many voice clips buried in the code as is..... It seems though Stern actually bright Ernie back for more?

Wow this could be amazing.

#6956 85 days ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Ernie Hudson recently joined a site called Cameo where he sells video messages to the masses: https://www.cameo.com/kirbyzook
The video for Stern looks like it's from his house like all the rest on his Cameo page so that message could just be Stern dropping $135 for a Cameo video.
Either way, excited to get an update on the state of the new code!

There's a good point. Makes more sense. I would say if all the areas that need improvement call outs is definitely not one

#7029 80 days ago

dumb question but can you watch this on delay as I'm not sure I can make it at 8pm tonight. When do replays get posted?

#7031 80 days ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

He usually uploads it to YouTube right away. It will be available on twitch very soon after it airs live.

cool thanks!

#7055 80 days ago

Watching now.... Didn't hear anything about bros being updated to make them more interesting or using slimer more... Such as slimer mb?

#7066 80 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yes, once you finish one of the library modes it lights a librarian mode that cycles along with scoleri brothers and terror dog hurry up.

Honestly I'm just happy the code was revisited and we now have a proper wizard mode. I would have just loved a little more slimer

#7103 79 days ago

Unlike some games that I think don't really make a big diff with color (looking at you tron) - this one is HUGE. So much better in color. Similar to JP DE - another title that really looks so much better.

1 week later
#7247 71 days ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

The game appears great at first, like Wonka, but when you get to the meat and bones, you realize it's three shots only. Left orbit, right orbit, left ramp. I've owned it twice since my wife insisted it was her favorite game. The second she realized the layout sucks. No amount of code can save it, just like Wonka.

He's wrong about Ghostbusers but he's right on Wonka. The music and effects used to drive me crazy and now that I played that game more the entire package including code is just annoying and not fun
They definitely fd that game

Went from def nib to HUO to nothing.

#7292 70 days ago

Bobby Brown and higher and higher music coming tonight

Premium version only

#7372 66 days ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Ok folks here are the links, I finally got everything set up. If you order 1 of each of the 3 the total will be $42, but all 3 as a set will cost you $35. If you order individually you can mix and match the colors, but order all 3 you can only order them in one color.
As all things in a pinball machine if these are hit by an airball they can break, but so do all things that can be hit with an airball. These are solid resin, not PLA printed with a honeycomb structure that can crumble. These are just as solid as something that is a cast production piece. There are fine details on these and can snap if squeezed too hard or handled irresponsibly. But once installed they should be just as permanent as any other addition to your machine.
These were modeled by me and have a lot of detail for such a small piece. Just be gentle while installing. You can secure these with double sided tape, rubber cement, I would NOT suggest super glue as these might need to be removed later for moving, cleaning, or general service. They stay on just fine and should not come off unless you are a Tilt junkie and turn the whole machine 60-90 degrees.
Style 1
https://www.shapeways.com/product/3S2PKVMNT/ghostbusters-ghost-trap-flash-dome-mod-style-1?optionId=123316295
Style 2
https://www.shapeways.com/product/AZZB6AUHL/ghostbusters-ghost-trap-flash-dome-mod-style-2?optionId=123316550
Style 3
https://www.shapeways.com/product/C8XJT532Y/ghostbusters-ghost-trap-flash-dome-mod-style-3?optionId=123316570
The Set of 3
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GA95EJTZN/ghostbusters-pinball-slime-flasher-dome-set?optionId=123311787
Tapered Dome Cover
https://www.shapeways.com/product/7Z8D4A4A3/tapered-flash-dome-cover-for-pinball-mod?optionId=115683317
Slimer Bash Assembly
https://www.shapeways.com/product/DZFUZ5V2P/ghostbusters-slimer-bash-assembly-pinball-mod-v1?optionId=115679855[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you make this for the slimer mech?

#7374 65 days ago

OK....$30 though shipped. Damn. I'll think about it.

#7376 65 days ago

I've seen lesser starting at $40 before shipping. That's why I wanted to offer higher quality for the price.

really? Where?

#7382 65 days ago

Here are just some from others. I like this company BTW, and each new mod they get looks better and better, but the resin ones are still higher quality. The slimer bash assembly is only $25 and has way more material in it than these.
The flasher domes are $13-$15 and have more detail and are much higher quality. And the second picture is the only other bash assembly slime you can get, which probably costs more than mine.[quoted image][quoted image]

That pic on the bottom i
- whose slime is that?

#7383 65 days ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

C'mon ... the man takes his time to make a quality mod at a reasonable price considering all that is involved... then you ask him to point you to where you can find a lesser quality one for cheaper? ... support your fellow GB owner.

I support plenty on this forum. I was curious where the same thing cost 40.

Chill.i might buy the damn thing

1 month later
#7589 35 days ago

so what is everyone's strategy with the new code? Kind of struggling with it. Def easier but still challenging and would like to hear how others are playing and taking advantage of the the new code....as opposed to just going for WBTD, then the next mode then the next in the same line....

#7594 34 days ago

No idea either. Thanks

4 weeks later
#7714 5 days ago

I can confirm it was discounted right when I added it too. Good price but couldn't pull the trigger. I'm trying to condition myself to not waste money on toppers bc even though it's cheaper it's still got that Pinball inflation all over it and its just not necessary.

I was thinking about GB and Tron which with discount is still 350 to your door. Damn

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Sale Pending!
Mesa, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside