IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 week later
#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Are the pros shipping for the most part? Shit, I paid in full on 4/21 and nothing.

Expect to wait. I had to wait 3 months for a game I bought at the start of all these delays stern is having.

3 weeks later
#704 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

No it's a good thing, gives me a chance to save some $$$ for another title.

And hopefully give stern a chance to work out all the kinks with the LCD.

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Someone needs to measure the gap I played the game and it did not seem any wider the creech or wwe.

That's because it's not. Same gap on all JT games.

2 weeks later
#841 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Get them lined up with the backing on, tape them in place, and then peel the backing and move slowly as you stick it down.

I've also heard that spraying windex down first helps.

#882 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

OK I haven't been a huge fan of the Sigma stuff because I like the colored dots only, but man is that RGB integration cool! Nice feature! I might get one of these when they are released for GB as a kit, then wait for the color dots.

Color DMDs should be available for spike now.

#886 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

The only concern is that when they do the color, there's no guarantee that what you buy now will support it, right?

I was under the impression that if you bought a spike CDMD, if they ever colorized your game, it's just a simple code update. I could be wrong.

#888 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

This is from dmod. Maybe I'm reading too much into it...
From our FAQ (http://www.colordmd.com/FAQ.html)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will my display work with new products and features released by ColorDMD Displays LLC?
Future products, features, or firmware may require modified hardware interfaces or improved processing power, and may not be compatible with current or prior systems. We make no representation, guarantee, or warranty that a display purchased today will work with future products or features released by ColorDMD. You should only purchase a ColorDMD if the currently available features and available ROMs fit your needs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
For what it's worth, our hardware platform has been virtually unchanged since product launch in April 2012. We didn't add support for videos until Iron Man in November 2015. A lot of work went into improved compression to try to fit into the existing memory, and it just barely fit. We made a decision to increase the ROM size on new production runs in 2016 to plan for future releases.

No I think you're spot on. Thanks for sharing, I completely agree. That would stink to buy today, and have it not be compatible should they colorize your game down the road. Looks like I'll be waiting to buy.

#899 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I don't see Stern adopting color dmd pretty sure they will have there own lcd hopefully smaller than jjp. I suppose they could create a color dmd option to compete with color dmd on back titles but I doubt that's in there cards.

This. It will be similar to DP.

#910 7 years ago

Right so maybe his domes had 12v ones installed by mistake? Would that cause them to be dim? Put one of the other flashers from the game in those sockets and make sure they say 5v on them.

#912 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

All the other flashers on the game are the 5v pcb type, only the 2 under the mini domes have 12v sockets and bulbs.

In my GOT the sockets look like 12v, but they are indeed 5v. I know cause I tried to replace some with Comets, and they don't sell 5v flashers. I don't think anyone does.

#939 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I am not aware of a 89 socketed bulb the runs on 5v so please let me know where I can buy some

From the research I've done, no LED companies carry them. Stern is the only place using them. Comet is working on them, but not sure what the other companies are doing since I haven't asked them. Sounds like stern accidentally used a 12v bulb and you just need them to send you some 5v ones. Assuming I understand your situation correctly.

#966 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know a few things about bulbs and I've never heard of a 5v bulb using a 89 socket...I've never even heard of a 5v "bulb" period

Neither had Comet until I showed them. They are a few months away from offering them. Same with nifty. Haven't talked to CT. Here is a 89 flasher from my GOT:

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just got off the phone with Melissa and she's sending me out the correct bulbs. I just wonder how Stern put the wrong bulbs in my game.

Awesome. Do they have them for sale? I want to change up all the flashers in my GOT.

1 week later
#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Dang. My shooter lane is already starting to get wear. 150 games in.

If you put Mylar down it won't get any worse.

#1189 7 years ago

Any other fixes for the lane guide hopping other than buying those plastic extenders?

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It very rarely happens on my game, so I have never worried about it, but I can't think of anything other than the plastics to fix it. It's not enough of a problem for me that I've looked into it though.

Cool. What pitch is your game at?

#1195 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'd need to measure. I usually adjust based on feel rather than hard numbers. Generally my games are on the steeper side though.

Thanks. If the one I'm going to be playing doesn't settle down, maybe we will try it at a steeper pitch.

#1213 7 years ago

Finally going to get my hands on one of these tonight for a healthy sesh. Can't wait!

#1220 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Would be nice if you didn't have to replay the same one 4 times before moving ahead.

Play better and you won't have to keep playing the same mode.

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When a guy says he's had the game for 3 months and hasn't seen Marshmallow Man mode...something is wrong. It's not about playing better. It's about the game forcing you to repeat things that games normally don't force you to repeat, a long sequence of events to qualify Mode Start, coupled with airballs and a huge flipper gap. The game code can be more fun with some tweaks.

This game is different and I like that it forces you to do things that games normally don't do. This game is hard. It's supposed to be hard.

Also from what I've seen, if you start a mode and complete it, that ladder is unlocked and the next mode can be started by simply hitting that shot again. Don't complete the mode you have to work to get it lit again.

Of course the game could use some tweaks and it will get some. Not sure about the mode structure being changed, but it will get some tweaks.

#1228 7 years ago

Um yeah. This game is super hard and super rewarding when you finally get it to open up!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1233 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*shakes head*. Score is irrelevant, that doesn't tell me what modes you got through. Most people enjoy mode progression in mode based games, score just happens to accumulate as you play.

Completed every mode in the left ladder (spooked librarian and the other one), completed 2 of three modes on the left ramp, 2 of 4 on the right orbit, and drained while playing the third and final mode on the left ramp. Got good value in looping supers, played PKE frenzy(no idea how that mode works), MH MB, and we came we saw we kicked it's ass mode. Collected some pretty huge hurry ups for gear and gozer as well.

What do you mean by people like mode progression in a mode based game? Are you saying this game doesn't progress throigh the modes at all? Well I can tell you it does, it just doesn't let you play the next mode in any ladder until you've complete one. That's how it should be. Just having to play a mode and not complete it to advance past it is really dumb and played out IMO.

#1236 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey Chuck, nice score. I had my best Gear hurry up score the other day of 50M. I really like the game and I will be more than a little sad if I don't get the GB bank at Pinburgh!

Yeah I think mine was like 48 mil and also got a gozer hurry up at like 50 something. No idea how to build that one up. Just kind of happened. Also, I have no idea how to light the PF mutipliers at the captive balls, nor can I tell when the playfield is multiplied.

#1253 7 years ago

In PKE frenzy, am I just trying to hit that right ramp as much as I can?

#1255 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Your jackpot multiplier diminishes over time, but can be amped up with switch hits. Nail the spinner about once every 10 seconds to max out your multiplier quickly and then go back to hitting the right ramp.

Cool. Thanks!

#1275 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Do you have to drill holes on a spike game to add a shaker?

Nope

#1281 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Someone educate me (stupid question I bet...). What is the blank square thing below the start button? Is it like a tournament button spot?

Yep. Or you can put a volume switch there, or others have rerouted the power switch there. Just a plug that can be used to wire a switch or button there.

#1316 7 years ago

Taking a wild guess I assume a lot of your score came from bonus. That's how my one big game was. Bonus held for three balls and I got massive points from bonus. Great game!

#1325 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Chuck are you gonna pick one up or just player location/friends house?

Location for now buddy. I'm gonna hold off getting more games until I move. Probably next summer. It will only be location as I don't think any pinheads I hang with bought one.

#1327 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well of course...need more house room to buy more games...we've all been there

Yes sir. That and I don't feel like moving 20 games to a new house haha. I'm picking up a nice odds and evens from my uncle later this summer and that will be it.

Pretty excited to hopefully find a badass basement to make a proper game room.

#1330 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How big a game room ya lookin for?

Hard to say the square footage, but it'll have room for 12-15 pins, mostly along one wall, 6-8 person bar area, and an area for the couches and TV. Also I want an area I can have off the main area of the basement as a work shop. Nothing too crazy, but it'll be awesome. Been saving up all kinds of ideas I've gotten from everyone here. Haha

#1339 7 years ago

Maybe try and figure out with a buddy where exactly it is hitting stay puft, then adjust the big guy himself?

#1349 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Every ghostbusters owner better buy a right side cliffy protector. You can see in this picture a little white spot that is where the wood pushed down away from the clear coat. Its on its way to getting bad.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/balleject/RtEject1.JPG

Or put Mylar there.

#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Mylar doesnt help with the wood pushing down away from the clear. The ball ejects so hard into the lane the wood dents in really qickly and the clear can only bend so far until it separates from the wood.

My shooter lane experienced exactly what is in that picture after like 100 games. Put Mylar over it and it hasn't gotten any worse over 2k games later. To each their own, but Mylar does the job nicely. Just giving another option.

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Wonder whats happening under the mylar? As the wood dents more and more the clear can only bend so much. Are you talking about a GB or GOT?

GOT. I assume the clear is the same as mine has ghosting issues too. Haha. I've talked to a handful of others that do Mylar only and they don't have any shooter lane damage whatsoever on their spike games either.

#1377 7 years ago

I will say that I had ghosting on my GOT before I got a shaker.

2 weeks later
#1437 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

From Tobin's mystery, what is "Light Light Multipliers". It seems to light the outlane lamps, but what are they doing/multiplying?
Rob

I thought it lit both the 2x and 3x standups. Light light storage facility light two locks I believe. Could be wrong though.

#1439 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If you get both 2x and 3x going, is it 5x accumulated?
Rob

No 6x. But I meant that the standups light. You have to hit them to start the multiplier. Then repeated hits to them add more time to the multiplied playfield. Again, not positive on the light light Tobin awards though.

#1442 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The inserts say "light" on them so it's telling you that it is qualifying the shots at the captive ball and not a straight qualification of the multipliers. Same thing with the "light light storage facility lock", it's just qualifying the insert at the captive ball.

Okay but I swear I've seen awards via Tobin that only say light storage facility or light playfield multipliers though. Hmmmm.

#1444 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That is directly lighting the multiplier targets or ramp for a lock for storage facility MB

Okay so I had it flip flopped then. Thanks for the clarification.

#1447 7 years ago

So you mean that one gives you the MB lock ball and the other just gives you the light for it (and you have to shoot the ramp?)

One lights the captive balls on the left. The other lights the insert at the left ramp.

#1452 7 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Something else really weird is going on in that video... he somehow has Loopin Supers running for over TWO MINUTES. I have never seen a way to add time to Loopin Supers unless starting We Came We Saw resets it or something. Did he change a factory setting to have Loopin Supers run longer or was there a bug he took advantage of?
Again, dude is clearly very good at pinball. I have hit a billion several times but LS times out after around 20 seconds every time I play it. I am very unclear on the rules for Marshmallow Man mode as well. Anyone understand what is going on there?

I believe looping supers are supposed to run until you miss and the grace period runs out. However I've seen it go to 84 loops and stop and the player didn't miss ever, so..... Paint me confused.

#1455 7 years ago

Could it be that looping supers running alone doesn't time out? I can tell you that he was doing this during single ball play and no modes running for sure.

#1457 7 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

No way. And he goes through a pretty long stretch after Storage Facility ends where he doesn't collect one but it still does not time out.
I am calling shenanigans. Not deliberate misleading ones on the part of the player but something isn't right here unless starting a Wizard Mode is supposed to restart Loopin Supers too.

Yeah it doesn't seem like loopin supers is behaving in a consistent way what so ever.

1 week later
#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I was wondering this. Perhaps each manufacturers has their own unique stamp? Don't have time to research it, but I was curious. The thing that still rattles me is that some games are perfect and some aren't. My LE should deliver soon, perhaps tomorrow.

I think this is one of the reasons why stern hasn't said anything as they cannot figure out what is causing the issues.

3 weeks later
#1624 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If SF lock is qualified and you hit the right ramp all the way up should that give you multiple locks? I fee like this has happened a couple of time.
Just for clarification, this is on a Professional model, not a Laughably Expensive model.

I could be misunderstanding your question, but as far as I know there is no way to lock a ball by hitting the right ramp.

#1627 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Anyone else notice these on Marco? The library building model, I ordered one and will post on how it turns out, it appears you have to order the decal and plastic separate, and they want 30 for just the decal so maybe someone can make some on here for less?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9836-01

Are you sure this will fit in a Pro?

#1639 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I noticed last night that if you hit the right ramp during "Who Brought the Dog" it counts as the left ramp shot. So it's possible the right ramp could qualify locks too. It is the same ramp and switches, after all, just hitting them from a different direction. Something that could be worked out in code later on I imagine, or just leave it because the right ramp is such a PITA anyways, you may as well get rewarded for actually hitting it.

Dwight says the right ramp should never light locks, but if you hit it up there and somehow don't close the lower switch, the ramp will assume it was a left ramp shot. So if you have locks lit, you will get a lock. I hope that helps.

#1659 7 years ago

Glad to see this thread stays on topic and classy...

Welcome to pinside. This is probably one of the better threads honestly.

#1688 7 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

Does anyone know if Stern is working on a code update?

Pretty sure that's the plan but like other have suggested, I think stern's people are stretched very thin.

1 week later
#1761 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Big fix!
So now you can timeout through the ladder? Any change to the wizard mode rewards at the end of the ladder? So that you get less if you don't complete on the way? Or am I reading this all wrong?

Should be called the rarehero adjustment.

#1797 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It certainly ain't working good! I'm not as patient, but in this case I wish I had been.
Rob

I would expect a bug fix code update fairly soon. Dwight was on the Ball with those for GOT

2 months later
#1891 7 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Second, what's up with the library scoop (is that what it's called?)? Seems the majority of the time it just ejects right between the flippers with no chance of saving the ball . . makes those extra balls feel more of a penalty than anything. I get that the eject is supposed to be challenging, but seems most of the time we don't even have a chance.

Adjust the power of the eject in the settings until it feeds one of the flippers.

1 week later
#1930 7 years ago

Anyone know a fix for the prem/Le where strong right orbit shots aren't registering?

#1932 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Haven't seen that. Check the switch.

Switch is good. The ball is jumping the switch on strong shots.

#1952 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

btw - does anyone know the part that you screw on which keeps the plastics in line? For example - plastic goes over the metal posts then you screwn these on so the plastic doesn't move. They are throughout the game - I need extra ones. Anyone know size/where they are on pinball life? Thanks in advance.

Those are standard threaded nuts. Available at all hardware stores. Bring one with you to make sure you get the right size

#1990 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How do you start WARTBY?

Play all modes.

#1999 7 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Or do others choose different skill shots and am I the minority here?

If I want to start a different scene via skill shot I choose a different skill shot. Those other shots are harder, but that's why they call them skill shots. Shouldn't be a given.

#2012 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Well, I went ahead and Hooked it up anyway. Voltage meter reads 10V and the LED says its a 6.5V bulb... but seems to be working fine so far. I guess worst case scenario it burns out fast and I need to buy another with a resistor.

Every bulb in spike games are 6v even flashers. Should be good.

#2027 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Well said. The skillshot is just too damn important on GB. A guy won in league the other night by simply full plunging/dead bouncing into the scoop on every ball and just playing Don't Cross The Streams. Won the 4 player game and barely even had to flip!

Hahaha. Awesome. So what did he end with like 150 million?

#2030 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

I think he added it because he has another video where he talks about adding a song with Pinball Browser. Not sure.

Yes. Apparently there's a cat ghost and he replaced that with Vigo. He also added Higher and Higher to midnight madness.

1 week later
#2065 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Can someone point me in the right direction for the GB rule sheets or a link - can't remember where I say them a few months ago.

http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-rulesheet/1358

1 week later
#2103 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd call it a mini wizard mode.

And pretty damn easy to get to since you don't have to complete modes. Kinda miss that rule.

#2119 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

whats the bulb partnumber for the coin slots? I'd like to chance them to pink or blue.

If they are the same as GOt they are just 555 bulbs.

#2134 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Is it my understanding that insert issues have been resolved on these later runs, or is it hit and miss

Hit or miss

#2150 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Is it a pretty easy install or a PITA? Anyone have pics of them installed in their GB? My Pro is going strong with no PF issues...October playfield and Nov. build. LOVE this machine. Wish I could afford the topper

Another option is to lay down Mylar around the out hole and shooter lane. Just take the apron off and it's easy peasy.

#2186 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What does that mean exactly? Sorry I just got my machine and don't know much about it yet.

If you don't complete a mode and the timer runs out, you don't advance to the next mode. You have to complete the mode before you can play the next one. Factory settings allow you to play the next mode should you run out of time and not complete mode. Also, factory settings will put you back into the mode you were playing should you drain during a mode. Taylors adjustment makes you re-qualify a mode if you drain while playing one. Much much harder to advance through the game.

#2198 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just changed mine last night so that you can no longer time out modes. I left everything else factory. I think this is a good change, and it will make getting to WCWSWKIA more satisfying.

Yeah. Old code I think I got there once in like 100 games. Now I get it like as often as HOTK on GOT

1 week later
#2390 7 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

I've read that a possible new Star Wars pinball game is coming out this year. Is that true? Any insight?

Coded by sir Dwight Sullivan and Desgined by the flow master Steve Ritchie. No idea when it will be announced.

#2409 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thinking of lighting speakers and going with ghost acrylic. Anyone do this one? Please post pic and where you ordered?
Thx!!!!

Speakerlightkits.com.

#2434 7 years ago

There is going to be some very exciting lighting opportunities for games to come out very soon. A friend of mine is working on something pretty amazing.

#2453 7 years ago

Yes but they are 5v. As far as I know none of the LED suppliers carry them yet.

#2471 7 years ago

Sorry. Website won't be quite finished until this weekend. Stay tuned!!

#2522 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

nice of course
but ALL DEFAULTS is not good if you're a good player already
its too easy with the mode (timer) being completed even if you just keep the ball on a flipper and wait for the timer to reach 0... this have to be change for sure

Pretty sure you cannot time out modes. Dwight doesn't allow it. Haha. Mode timers pause after a few seconds of no switch hits. No idea why someone would time out the modes in GB anyway. That's where all the points are.

#2568 7 years ago

I think he means the playfield support rails. Btw, nice baby pac. Great game.

#2590 7 years ago

Alright you crazy LED freaks, check out this new custom lighting option for all pinball machines.

http://pinstadium.com

#2593 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks interesting.

The always on portion is half warm or cool white, half full spectrum led that can be changed at any point via your cell phone.

Flasher strip added at an option can be jumpered to multiple flashers of the game if you want. The flasher strip is limited to one color of your choice.

1 week later
#2740 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In terms of how modes are played is there an option to enable the next mode to automatically start when one is completed as well as an option to force a player to hit a mode start shot for the next mode?

Maybe.

#2794 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Q: Has anyone had splitting and NOT had a shaker motor? I've seen several photos posted and every one who showed the inside-right had a shaker motor. If the the shaker is causing this , you would think the right corner would be the worst , not the left.

The one on location near me is split and has no shaker.

2 weeks later
#2865 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What do you mean it auto adjusts?
I had mine set on default which I thought was 50 and it keep going up to where it was at 67.
When I specifically set it to 50, it only lights are 50 and not 100. The game I sometimes play on route lights at 50 and 100 which is how I want mine to work. Can't figure it out.

Default means it will auto adjust depending on how well the average game is played. Play better it makes it harder. Play worse it makes it easier. Just like replays. No comment on the 50 and 100 ghosts deal. Maybe that is a part of the default setting too.

#2888 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The first level scenes are far too easy and offer no scoring advantage for playing them well (or not). Plus, they always score the same. This may be ok

Spooked librarian with 6x scoring is pretty fun. Can get like 200 mil from that one mode if you max it out.

#2890 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok, but aside from multipliers, they score the same. WBTD scores 21 million every time for example. I like how the spinner is used in 'back off man' (?) to increase the super jackpot value. That's the kind of variance in the scenes which I like. Every scene should have some unique feature like that. For example, what if during WBTD if you hit the dog target it increases the shot values by a few million? Or spooked librarian if you shoot the left scoop the values increase.... It adds a little bit of extra variety and strategy to the first scenes. It's there on the other scenes, just not the first ones.
Rob

That would be awesome. Like tunnel mode in TWD. That's probably my favorite mode of any game I've played.

#2901 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

've done what you said about speeding up the process - after you read the list you can hit both flipper buttons to immediately get the rewards and have the ball kicked out.

What code you running? I feel like the past few times I've tried this on new code it hasn't worked.

#2905 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

You gave to be quick. No time to read the entire list.

I always decide before the list even shows. I've had times where I just monkey flip the whole time and it doesn't show me multiple lists. However, I feel this acted just like you described when I did it in older code.

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thanks not worried about the removal I mean from the ball I assume it's there for a reason ... but maybe not

Can't ever have enough protection on a game I guess. Shouldn't need to worry about damage there. Do regular upkeep and it will be fine.

#2968 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I'm curious to see the mylar in question as well. I checked my machine, NIB purchase of mine, and for the life of me, I can't see any mylar on the PF in the location. I'm assuming that Stern didn't include on my earlier release (Oct '16), and applied the mylar on later releases?

Yes. Are you having issues with your right orbit not registering?

#2970 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Not I, I've never noticed an issue with that particular switch not registering.

Okay well then that's because you don't have Mylar there. No need to worry. You're good.

#2980 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I just Ordered a AIRBALL Protector that I saw here on Pinside. I never really noticed it too much until I saw some discoloration on a ghost in the middle of the table, It was a dimple that was reflecting light ( like a sparkle in the playfield ). For the most part you don't notice it until you remove the glass and then inspect it. I will definitely buy a Premium Playfield and store it if I get the chance just to have it. I'm already worried about my MMR and AFMR LE on order hehe, I'm new to owning tables so I have a lot to learn. Ive been messing with my Digital Pinball machine for the last 5 years.

Don't sweat it. Buy them and enjoy them.

1 week later
#3046 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What program do you use to be able to draw on a picture? I could use something like that. Is it a Windoz program?

PDF

#3082 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What is Sigma ?
Is it a manufacturer or type of display ?
Sorry , I should know this .
I just want to get it right .

Sigma is the mode you use when there is no color file for the game. You can pick any one color or you might be able to fade back and forth from all colors.

1 week later
#3146 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Slimer is always on the ecto goggle display when they aren't lit.

I think the slimer ecto shot is the final shot needed to complete slimer mode and light the modes. That's why they aren't lit and WBTD starts. Not sure why this happens as the slimer mode doesn't always seem to need the ecto shot to complete.

#3150 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Ah...I thought I was just missing something. The bug should definitely be fixed. I didn't notice mention of it in the V1.13 bug thread. Has anyone notified Stern? I could assume they know but have learned to assume nothing.

Doesn't hurt to remind them.

#3185 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

hope some one can help, The side of one of my Scoleri brother drop target is sticking above the play field . Half is even and half is higher,seems to be sitting crooked . Is there an adjustment (picture would help)
Thanks

There's an adjustment arm underneath the drop target under the playfield. Pop the hood and have at it.

#3202 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

After the imminent release of Star Wars, maybe Dwight will be able to give some more love to GB?

Or GOT?

#3221 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

That's funny you say that Art ,
Last night my ball kept getting stuck to the top of the sling post like it was magnetized.
How do you check to see if they are magnetized ?

Take out of the game, put next to another ball. Slowly pull it away from the other ball. If he other ball comes with it, magnetized.

#3226 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

How does this stop the drains from happening?

By making the ball guides higher.

3 weeks later
#3347 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I thought super bands were silicone. I wonder what they are made of then??

Polyurethane

#3350 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I personally find the Titan competition rubbers to play truer to red rubber than the other flipper rubbers out there. I've had them on all my machines and for over a year and they have held up well and clean easily.

My only beef is how sticky they get right after cleaning just like superbands. I rarely clean my flipper rings because of this. But all my games have titans throughout. I love them.

#3365 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

what are you cleaning them with? I use Naptha and haven't noticed any stickiness.

Novus 1. It's the same stickiness that superbands have before getting dirty. The ball doesn't run down the flipper bat the normal speed. Much slower. Once they get dirty, all is well.

1 week later
#3404 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I've had a minor gripe on my GB Pro, and that is that it doesn't announce how many balls you have locked or even really that a ball was locked when you lock one in the Storage Facility. It plays the animation of the trap being loaded in but that is it, the ball launches after and there's no indication that you actually locked a ball. I happened to be watching some gameplay of a GB Premium just now and when a ball is locked it plays the same trap animation, but afterwards there's an audio cue and the words "Ball X Locked" flash on the DMD afterwards. I'm on code 1.13, is this something they missed on the Pro?
e: Now that I think about it, maybe the video I'm watching is from older code? If that's the case though why on earth would they remove that notification? People new to pinball that play on my machine have no idea they are progressing towards a multiball when they lock one in there as is...

Look at the lights on the storage facility plastic above the saucer. One light on, one ball locked. Two lights on, two balls locked.

You're right. Premium tells you after each lock many you have. Not sure why they didn't do this on the pro.

#3410 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Is there any chance they are coming back for another update on this code?

Yep

#3416 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I'd really like the option in a code update to randomize the started scene in each ladder when you activated the ladder. Probably a pipe dream though. I think it'd make each game a lot more unique in terms of callouts and shots.
P.S. Chuck, so mysterious haha! Is that just an assumption that they'll make one or has there been feedback on Stern that they are still working on it? I wasn't able to find anything when googling about it.

Ha just saying yes I think there's a chance they update the code more.

#3418 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Maybe Dwight will be able to turn back to GB for a bit when the Star Wars hype calms down?

Absolutely. Right after GOT. Haha

2 weeks later
#3525 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Am I being over cautious? Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

It's your game. No being over cautious when it's your game. I would say making sure the drop targets are flush with the playfield is most important. Imo Cliffys aren't needed if they are flush.

1 week later
#3627 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I need to find some sort of high scoring walkthrough. Iv e just been concentrating on modes and my highest so far is 1.6b after stay puft, 2 storage, and 2 WCWS modes.

Now do all that with 6x running the whole time.

#3631 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

how I do dis chuck?

Select the K skill shot up top and plunge the ball there. Then the two standups on either side of the left ramp light up. Hit them to start 2x and 3x playfield multipliers respectively. Continue to hit them to extend their timer. So just like modes in TWD, you can keep the multipliers running forever if you can keep hitting them.

The only other way to get the multipliers lit is from hitting the left captive balls 1,000 times.

2 weeks later
#3693 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Latest code. I noticed when I bashed slimer and it's ready for select modes. The next mode lights are not blinking as they should be. Sometimes this happens.

Are you on premium? If so, did you hit the slimer in the ecto goggles?

#3695 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Yes i am on the premium, but i guess i never noticed the slimer in etco goggles. Do you need to hit that after bashing him?

Yes. Slimer will go away, but you still need to hit him in the goggles to light the modes.

#3704 6 years ago

Confirmed with Dwight. It's random on whether it takes two or three hits and also random if one of those hits is the goggles.

#3706 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

But what does Dwight think about the fact that when you shoot Slimer in the ecto goggles it automatically starts the next mode in the "Who Brought the Dog" ladder? This seems like an oversight in the rules, no?

Are you sure this happens? I feel like it didn't for me. Granted I have way less time on the premium.

If that is the case, I agree that it should light modes, not start the right ladder.

1 week later
#3755 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I have a pro model. The metal protector on the library scoop is no longer completely flush with the playfield. its causing the ball to almost always tip just a little to the right whenever coming out of the left orbit, heading for a center drain.
Any advice on how to make that piece flush again? or do i just need to replace it? I think I have over 7K credits on this thing now... this is the first real 'problem' I've had with it.

Replace it or remove and put Mylar there instead.

2 weeks later
#3848 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I figured it out. They want you to hit silmer in a very specific spot on the playfield and very hard. I can make him register on both the front hand and back hand if hit hard and in the right spot.

Not true. He should register consistently no matter how you hit him.

2 weeks later
#3952 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Why do people call GB linear?

linear means you have to play the modes (in each ladder) in the same order every time. you can choose which ladder you play, but you cannot choose which mode you want to play in that ladder. Same order every time. I doubt this changes. They go in order of the events of the movie, which makes perfect sense. Makes no sense to randomize them.

#3956 6 years ago

Not a glitch. When it goes to the next player just wait a couple seconds and it will shows all the scores for every player. Every few seconds it switches from the skill shot screen to showing the current scores.

#3958 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I see people posting huge scores 300 Mil + and I have no idea how they are doing it. Maybe they are masters of the nudge...

Nudging is key on any game.

Always do the multipliers skill shot. Set up a mode/multiball, and start the multipliers while playing those. Your scores will be much higher on average if you do this.

#3982 6 years ago

Follow those under the playfield. There should be a nut on the other end that you can take off.

#3988 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I think I read this somewhere before but can't find it anymore.
Sometimes the red insert in the right outlane flashes.
Can't seem to figure out why?
At first I thought/hoped it was a ball save indicator
Does anybody know what it is for?

Nothing. Just flashers. That's it.

#3998 6 years ago

Easy fix like the tournament modes from the 90s. Random each game but multiplayer everyone gets the same random set and plays the same modes in the same order.

1 week later
#4041 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

But in all the other scenarios, you have a choice. With Slimer, you are forced to start WBTD whether you want to or not. I still maintain that the game would be better if this was changed.

I thought he was in the goggles the whole time? Shoot googles first, then slimer.

#4043 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Hmm. Now you have me second guessing myself. I could have sworn he only appears in the goggles for the final hit.

I’m not sure either as I don’t have one. Do a glass off test! Cause it’s random for when slimer is in the goggles. Might have to try it a few times.

1 week later
#4087 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven't visited this thread in sometime. Any word on possible code update or still nothing?

After SW is finished

#4091 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow so there actually is another update in the works?

Yeah it was mentioned in the stern of the union address. They called out a few games they plan updates for.

3 weeks later
#4183 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

It is 2”
Just ordered a set from Titan Pinball
Perfect fit.
Magnet slings work sweet too.

Be careful. 2” of Titan usually split as they are a tad too tight. 2.5” are a tad too big. When they get the 2 1/4” rings in those should be perfect.

#4187 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Any idea on ETA? I need that size too

No. Check in the Titan thread.

2 weeks later
#4230 6 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

We just got our replacement play field in and are having the same problem. It did not happen with our original play field, but the balls shoot around the orbit super fast on our new one. I assume it has to be a switch that needs adjusting, but I have not had the chance to mess with is yet. We also could not find any info on it, so probably just a few of us having the problem.

Make sure and take the Mylar off first. That fixes the issue 99% of the time. abagwell is the first report I’ve seen of it not working.

1 week later
#4282 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Has anyone tried the Pinstadium kit on Ghostbusters? How does it look?

I don’t have this game but I’ve seen Scott’s with pinstadium on it multiple times. Looks great.

1 week later
#4374 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

What color rings look best on this game. I like Titan rubber but I’d like purple and there’s is too light in this instance. Who sells the darker purple rings? Since it’s a LE I thought green because of slimer or maybe a Titan glow in the dark

I think the purple for superbands are pretty dark if I remember correctly.

1 year later
#7273 4 years ago

What are you confused about?

If you already lit extra ball, you need to complete 3 modes after that to light extra ball again.

If you complete 2 mode, light extra ball (from say getting 50 ghosts), you need to complete 3 more to light EB again.

#7275 4 years ago

I guess I’m a little behind. So GOD mode is separate from Are you a God?

#7280 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Kind of, it's a setting to play a mini game.

Kind of? What does that mean? Haha. So is it you can get to Are you a God in the game as the final wizard mode or choose to play it right off the bat as a separate game a la super mode on Judge Dredd?

#7293 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Correct. It was a dev setting they showed off on stream to start at WRTBY and try to get to AYAG. They left it in, but unlike Dredd, you have to change your game mode from NORMAL to GOD in the settings menu to access it. It's a fun little one ball mini-game that can be played 4 player and even has a high score entry.

Thanks. This sounds like lots of fun.

#7301 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

The one thing that does slightly annoy me is that I can't see the skill shot letters. I have to stand on my toes!

There’s reflective plastic above the lanes on the backboard. Look there.

#7343 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Is it possible to have any multiball during looping supers?

I don’t think so.

#7358 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Please ignore my ramblings. I think my brain stopped working for a second.

But they aren’t right. The left ramp skill shot doesn’t start a mode. It awards an SJP in the new code. Not sure about the scoop, but the right orbit may be the only skill shot that starts a mode.

#7360 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My left ramp and scoop start that mode

Ever since I’ve started playing the new code I’ve never gotten a mode start on the left ramp. Only SJP. Maybe they change depending on your settings. I was playing default settings.

#7362 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Same here, I haven't changed anything.

Did you update the code? Haha

#7364 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yeah.lol
I need to pay attention more, but sometimes I get the SJP. Not sure if its everytime, but I recall the mode always starting.

Yeah me too. I went back and watched the reveal stream and it said start scene on the left ramp and scoop. Watched papa tv tonight and it was SJP. Weird.

1 month later
#7606 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

What is your way to nudge the GB pin? I'm interested in every insight you can give me.

Never let the ball get past the sling. If you do, you’re nudging too late.

#7608 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Is there a training method to get better at this specific skill?

Playing hundreds of hours while specifically concentrating on this helps.

#7628 4 years ago
Quoted from juandylan:

Excited to be joining the club this weekend. Picking up a nice HUO pro. I’ve only played the LE so wondering how much different gameplay is between the two.

You’re about to find out!

1 week later
#7670 4 years ago

It’s normal. In the setting you can change the brightness of the GI, inserts and flashers.

1 month later
#7814 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Is there a way to minimize / accelerate the Loopin' Supers Mode? Kind of a buzzkill every time haha. Thanks!

Miss the ramp? Haha

#7816 4 years ago

I have no idea why you’d ever time that mode out. I was getting 100mm per ramp the other day.

#7818 4 years ago

Should cover the lane to the pops and maybe over the 3x target just a tad.

The one on location near me allows you to graze him as you go up the ramp. It’s awesome.

#7822 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

How likely is a full manual plunge on GB to go around the orbit?

You never want to plunge all the way around. You want to get your skill shot at the lanes.

#7829 4 years ago

Isn’t there a cover for the right orbit bend that helps with this?

#7834 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Yes, thank you!

Can you elaborate? How or why would this help?

Because your ball is jumping when it gets to the orbit maybe. Keeping it down will allow it to feed around better. No idea if that’s your issue. Like others said you need to figure out what is causing the issue first then we can try to fix it.

#7835 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

I'll try to record it in slow mo

Good idea.

#7841 4 years ago

Hopefully this works for timing out spot on Munsters. I’m going to try next time I play.

#7844 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

3. wait for service menu to appear (notice mode timer also stops ticking)

Instant info. Not service menu.

3 months later
#8290 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not sure what that is you are talking about but Midnight Madnese on Ghostbusters is real. Lol

**secret of the Pros** get with shooter McGavin. He’ll sort you out.

2 months later
#8424 3 years ago

Is the new battery bad too? Haha. I would make sure there isn’t a broken connection between the battery holder and the board. Might need to reflow some solder.

2 weeks later
#8496 3 years ago

Stock is droopy. I prefer a bit higher.

4 weeks later
#8590 3 years ago

Nope. Took them away for GOT GB and probably B66. I think they came back during some run of Deadpool I believe.

2 weeks later
#8632 3 years ago
Quoted from StavrosMilos:

Hey all. Having an issue with my left drop target. I installed some cliffys. Love them. But now when I shoot the ball toward the ramp it literally jumps off the cliffy and OVER the ramp. Is there a way to adjust the height of the left scoleri to make it more level with the PF?

Take the cliffys off and properly level the drop target. Then, leave the cliffys off. Put Mylar on the cutout edges.

#8635 3 years ago

Left ramp to the stand ups on the left until your arms fall off.

2 months later
#8896 3 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

New member here as well! Pro came in this week. Right flipper has been crapping out after about 15-20 minutes or so though. So I ordered some new coils. Fingers crossed those will do the trick. But I absolutely love the game. The shots are so damn satisfying.

New coil will not fix anything. It’s most likely mechanical or the EOS not making consistent good contact when the flipper is at rest.

Take the coil stop off and the coil sleeve out and inspect the coil sleeve, coil stop and the flipper plunger that goes in and out of the coil. Make sure they don’t have rough spots on them, are mushroomed or have any loose welds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 49.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.