IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caponicus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11464 1 year ago

I am new to the club with a Ghostbusters premium. What a great machine! I have a question about the Slimer mech. Sometimes I need to register a couple hits on it to complete it and light the scenes, but other times it finishes after just one hit. And a few times it goes back in right away without any hits, as if it were completed. I don’t feel like that is supposed to happen but not sure where to begin. Thanks!

#11470 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Slimer can be a very touchy mech. Mine has a slight version of what you are dealing with. Slimer bounces around if you hit him solid, and I sometimes complete the 3 or so hits on him with one shot. Phantom switch hits happen too. You could check the mech and the switch, could be a very small adjustment. He’s a really cool mech idea, but not exactly perfectly implemented, imho.

Thanks! There were phantom switches firing on test and it looked like the pendulum wire was resting against the rim. I adjusted the screws on the housing and that seems to help

1 week later
#11536 1 year ago

What if anything can be done about SDTM drains when exiting out of the pop bumpers from the center? I find myself nudging as the pinball rolls out of the orbit to get it away from the post. Has anyone had success adding a band there?
I dont mind draining off tough kickbacks when I miss a shot, but never having a chance to get a flipper touch the ball off the launch can be frustrating.

4 weeks later
#11707 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It’s a premium, but it didn’t happen during gameplay. My son played one game, then the game was just sitting in attract mode chilling. When I came back an hour or two later, the game was mostly dark, except the DMD had some trivia about the movie frozen on the screen. I powered off and left it for the night. The next day, I powered on, and it appeared to begin to boot up, but didn’t boot. After 20-30 seconds I smelled burning/melting plastic. I powered off. I googled the problem, and found an image of another Spike 1 CPU with a melted chip at U30. So I checked mine (it’s very tiny and easy to miss) and mine was the same, cooked. So, I’m sending to Stern to hopefully fix this. I truly hope someone produces more of these Spike 1 CPU boards. As Clive at Coin Op Cauldron put it, “Stern deemed these boards as
disposable…”. Well, if that’s the case, and they weren’t built to last 30-40 years like WPC boards, then Stern should probably make sure they are easily replaceable, not merely disposable. Spike 1 may have had a short run, but a half dozen or so titles are built with this system. That’s thousands of pins that will need support.

Sorry to read this, must be extremely frustrating. Out of curiosity was your machine plugged into a surge protector? Were other machines on at the time, which I assume were ok? I am just wondering how this happens spontaneously. What if anything can be done to prevent.

2 months later
#11867 10 months ago

Marco has premium/le plastics in stock. Wish they had this 6 months ago when I was going down rabbit holes looking for it.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-H6

1 month later
#11925 9 months ago

I have the same issue with green balls. Is there an impact on gameplay?

4 weeks later
#11977 8 months ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

My son checked into his University apartment for the fall semester yesterday. In their community room was this. Set to Free Play! [quoted image]

That’s awesome. It might be free to play, but you’re paying for it!!

4 months later
#12241 3 months ago

I got the Swinks SDTM gate to protect a cheap drain coming out of the left side of the pop bumpers. It works great. But to do this I had to take off the airball protector because they both don’t fit on the post. I still get too many air balls for comfort, even with the upgraded target brackets. Although the gate works terrifically, I am pondering switching back.
My questions:
1. Has anyone had luck installing longer posts to accommodate the airball protector? Even without the sdtm gate, I find that when I tighten the airball protector nuts on, it squeezes down the library plastic and traps the captive balls rolling through the gate underneath. (I got the green balls).
2. What is a good object to place on the back of the library so that balls don’t get trapped up there?

I am happy to add photos if it would help.

#12263 3 months ago

How can I have both an airball protector and a gate that keeps SDTM drains out of the pops?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caponicus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=caponicus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.