IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider camcamaro1991.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3073 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

ColorDMD - GB Pro - Pin-a-Go-Go this weekend!
Woo-hoo!

Cheddar,
Looks like your using the speaker LED's RGB controller to trigger the Color DMD to match as its a function. What DMD lens did you use, clear? link to the product?

There is no file for color yet from ColorDMD for GB.

2 months later
#3548 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Also can anyone recommend an air ball mod for the Pro variant? I asked someone at Modfather and they told me theirs supported both Pro and Premium (incorrect after ordering it and installing it, the Slimer bangs into the plastic from the mod.)
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/ghostbusters-air-ball-deflector-coming-soon
I'm assuming the Premium/LE don't have this issue due to Slimer being further out in the playfield since he swings back and forth. I've had a lot of balls go flying and I think I've just been lucky up to this point to not have anything shatter.

I would pass on Arts protector only stops the right target before the the ramp, the left target does nothing to stop airballs, the material on Arts, does not cover enough of the left target to stop air balls, infact not even 1/2 the ball is covered when it hits the target (I even modified it to as per his recommendation). Also when ball goes up the ramp it grazes the protector, slowing the ball speed up the ramp, even modified and washers.

skip Arts and choose a better design.

Trying CPR9999's set of 2, will report back later.

see here

#3549 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I want the 3D Firehouse Station Mod, can I get it anywhere beside the Stern mod collection? I don't care of the other mods offered in the pack, (well, maybe the PKE mod)

Yes, Cointaker sales the firehouse mod sets, you do have to buy a set however, I only wanted firehouse so I got the less expensive set. included in the lower end set is green ooze for slimmer and spotlights, also later built GB's the green slimmer ooze does not fit the later built pins. the ooze is cheap looking does not match the colors, nor did I install the flipper bat covers.

#3558 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dude Arts protectors work great so stfu already. You're not going to make to many friends here being a new member and coming on here and publicly trashing one of the nicest and most well respected people on this forum. Art did a HUGE favor to all GB owners by making the protectors for this game. You should be ashamed of yourself for real.

Just b/c I signed up 4 months ago doesn't mean I haven't read and viewed and browsed the forums/website for along while, mostly b/c your users like yourself, I could have been nicer I guess, I didn't cuss, I didn't threaten anyone.

See for yourself, it may b/c Stern made changes to the playfield so yeah the current design does not work as intended even modified with and with washers you can clearly see the ball will hit going up the ramp slowing the ball, I worked with Art, nice guy, but the product falls short for me. pictures attached, proof.... happy?

Guessing here, but maybe the 2017+ GB builds, this protector may or may not work. I think there is room for improvement regardless.

IMG_4668 (resized).jpgIMG_4668 (resized).jpg
IMG_4671 (resized).jpgIMG_4671 (resized).jpg
IMG_4672 (resized).JPGIMG_4672 (resized).JPG

#3562 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Washers or standoffs would solve that...or this adjustment...sometimes this works...
Very happy if someone makes a "better" one.
Way past that now, for me.
BTW, I heard from a fellow pinsider looking for one of mine, and I believe Joe at Pingraffix has.
Curly has 2 types, Swinks has Angles, Public opinion adds foam, and as you suggest and more, I think there are 3-4 others, all "better"
So one has 6-8 choices on how to solve, and for a few..they have had to hand make.
So "better" is good, I just no longer wanted to guess what 2-4mm assembly variation a person had, or the drama.... as some are solved with slimer adjustments, or a better coverage.

Art, we already tried this, I appreciated the help then and even now. I even went back again for a 3rd try, I dont have pics of the final modifying of the protector. I even have "shims" from another pinsider on here, it doesn't stop the airballs on the 2x standup target. So I am just giving my 2 cents it's not working for me, so off to try another design.

In general, I know we can never stop all air balls, but I grow tired of my 2x standup sending the ball hurling towards my helix ramp's crossover rail and bashing my playfield, off topic here = but I also get serious air balls on the ghost target that sends the ball towards the firehouse and library, also smashing/landing on my left captive ball plastic cover.

I will note, the 3x used send airballs, your design has stopped airballs on the 3x target, so I know we just need more lip over the 2x and less over the ramp entrance. I am also guessing here but other vendors don't want to use your design or modify it out of respect for you and copyrights, I am game for working towards a better design off your existing design, I mean you even have a diagram/PDF showing how to adjust/modify it, so it's a known work around.

#3571 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well maybe if you would have said that Arts protectors don't work on newer games it would have been different, but you just said "skip Arts and use a better design." My apologies for being nasty with you but Art is a great guy and it pissed me off.
Not being rude but I gotta ask.....why are you wearing latec gloves?

I understand, I chose Arts protector due to the pinside community feedback, guess I got a screwy game.

so I don't get fingerprints on my glass and playfield plastics, I do wipe my glass and field down but one less thing to worry about.

9 months later
#4942 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Officially in the club:

After playing I bet you where like... why did I wait so dang long!!!

Recommend mods
Stern Armor
Stern Art Blades
Fire house & Walking Stay Puff (Mezel Mods)
Ecto Goggles (Hooked on pinballs version)
Stern HD glass

Congrats

4 months later
#5321 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Finally got around to cutting a new airball protector (the old one was too close to slimmer and was chewing up his butt) I went the extra mile on the logo this time and used 3 different acrylics. They fit together very tight and I applied some adhesive to the gaps on the back. We’ll see it it holds up in gameplay!
[quoted image]

glowforge… I see what you did there! dang you lol.

1 month later
#5474 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks Vireland. I am going to try to decide if I am for sure going with the lcd or if led looks good on this pin as well.
Has anyone posted any live video of both the lcd and led displays? That may help me compare and make a decision.

Another vote for LCD, with Vireland's gasket. all the color dots you see on ColorDMD's website are screen shots from the LCD build.

There is a ColorDMD LCD vs LED thread look there for more info... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

Quoted from Dmod:
All game ROMs will be available soon for both LED and LCD on the SUPPORT page, but the store won't list configurations with problematic installations. This doesn't mean you can't Macguyver something if you really want to, but it won't be supported.
Examples of problematic installations: LCD will not work for CV (space is too small) or T3 (game mechanisms are in the way). LCD is also not recommended for DE games with plastic speaker panels as the LCD sits too far back in the cabinet unless you permanently modify the speaker panel.
Pros/Cons:
LED: 128x32 discrete RGB LEDs. Small form factor. Brighter and more vivid colors. Fixed smaller size dots - can't take advantage of smoothing or other rendering modes. Susceptible to ghosting artifacts due to undesirable capacitive effects.
LCD: 1920x1080 backlit LCD screen (only a portion of the screen is used). Original proven design sold since early 2012. Pixels are used to draw dots. Six rendering modes (DOTS, DOTXL, TILE, 8BIT, SCAN, and HIRES). Large dots and smoothing modes minimize black space making text easier to read. Smoothing modes are popular for cartoon-like animation.

1 month later
#5622 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

HO HO HO. Big triple game update just now from Stern. Anyone want to place any bets?
KISS
AS
GOTG

I got the emails from Stern and with a heavy sigh'... I was left disappointed again! they keep saying delayed, its getting old at least give us a future target, going on over 6 months now they promised it update summer 2018.

2 months later
#5848 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Few left. Almost out.
Ping me if interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-1
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

CPR9999,

I can't attach pics in the PM, this is the later production Sterns metal out rails. As you can see the front is not a stud, we have a short screw infact I had to remove my GB plastic just to make it fit since I didn't have a matching screw with more length.

GBR1 (resized).JPGGBR1 (resized).JPGGBR2 (resized).JPGGBR2 (resized).JPGGBR3 (resized).JPGGBR3 (resized).JPG

#5850 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looks great.
If you want the original plastic installed too just use a longer screw.
Note this is an issue with Mezel Stay Puft mod motor added. Basically the screw has to hold Stay Puft motor, plastic protector and original plastic.
10 cent screw, but not necessary if you don’t want original plastic installed.

Yeah sorry I mentioned it back then when I first ordered,about mezel mods & the new rails,

however a longer screw is only 50% of the issue, the rear stud is not long enough, unless you remove the factory plastic.

4 months later
#6561 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

ok.
I'm thinking about getting that walking Stay puft.....expensive but looks nice....anyone with one care to share if they think it was worth it?

Its worth it! I love mine.
note you will here the tick of the relay from time to time when in attract mode.

skip the stock stern protector its worthless

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p102/Ghostbusters-Ecto-Goggle-Protector-Pinball-Mod.html

#6563 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I want to want the stay puft mod.... I just can't imagine it getting out to use when I've only gotten that mode like 3 times

It moves anytime the green "storage facility" arrow is lit, for 1 activation which I believe is like 2 side to sides So you get to see it a few times during a game depending on your game. Dont quote me, I do believe it moves also when stay puff is activated, by the time I look at it directly I have already forgotten to look back there when starting the stay puff mode.

#6567 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone here still sell the air ball protectors for the left ramp (prem)? PM if so. thanks.

I have tried 4-5 air ball protectors including tilting the targets. the other 4 99% of the issue I have is the design as the ball goes up the ramp it drags/slows the ball.

IMO currently I use the cpr9999 comb kit. air-ball and right orbit kit.

6 months later
#7977 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi CPR9999,
Thanks for this.
Could you elaborate on the following points or show some pictures to help the clueless:
1) Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage
2) Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher
3) Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with a hammer (behind each slingshot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)
4) Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).
I just got my premium Saturday and trying to get it 100 percent dialed in.
Thanks.

1) Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GB-Nubfix-005.jpg
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GB-Nubfix-003.jpg
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GB-Nubfix-004.jpg

2) Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher

I have never needed a green spring for manual operation. auto.... I dont think this is a issue anymore, you can now set the auto plunge to the electronic limit, set to the lowest is what most do.

3) Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with a hammer (behind each slingshot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)

return lane protector, I pefer these... but in "clear" email ULEK he is on Pinside. https://www.ulekstore.com/Fluorescent_Blue_Slingshot_Return_Lane_Protectors_p/f_blue_protset_gb.htm

4) Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).

swap out the metal hex stud with a shorter one, to lower the right helix ramp to make it slightly less brutal
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/48#post-3571589

final thoughts, please purchase protection, Cliffys, ULEK, cpr9999

#7986 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Yeah given the shipping cost and everything, I'm going to try to make my own out of foam weatherstripping before I pay that much for the gasket... It's not that I think the gasket itself is overpriced but since I can't combine shipping now it's the shipping cost that hurts... If I can't figure it out after a trip to Lowes then okay fine, I'll spring for it...
Jeff

let me give you some free advice... NO, its not worth it.

trust me when I say purchase the foam from ColorDMD or our Pinsider on PinMonk PM him... or order online from him as well.

https://www.pinmonk.com/cms/index.php/pinballaccessories

1 week later
#8013 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob55:

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know the response you got.
On a side note: Wanting to install a shaker motor. I saw a while back there were issues with the shakers from Pinball Life. Can anyone confirm those are issues are resolved and this one here is okay to put in? https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

So... just purchase the Stern shaker! lol

5 months later
#8563 3 years ago

kidchrisso Is there any video of the mod?

1 month later
#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks guys, sorry for the delay. Attached are pictures of what I mean. This now happens pretty much immediately after I fix it. So maybe smaller rubber is the fix..[quoted image][quoted image]

Most of us swap the rubber, put the sling rubber in on bottom, put the smaller "O-rings" on top, stops the problem you're having. Did this since I bought it never had a problem. Some notice an improved response, I did not, you may adjust the switch as you see fit.
GB slings (resized).jpgGB slings (resized).jpg

2 months later
#8912 3 years ago
Quoted from HowieNerdcraft:

I have the same problem with the right hand scoleri on my Pre machine. He pops up then does not stay up, he just pops down again.
Anyone able to fix this?

These seem to wear out fast, I normally buy a few sets

Pinball Life
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-1-bank-target-rest-ledge.html

Marco
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-6163-01

3 weeks later
#8988 3 years ago

Dead Flip has his own short video in the GB's DMD matrix? I was perusing around and found it in file.
deadflipimage (resized).JPGdeadflipimage (resized).JPG

deadflipimage002 (resized).JPGdeadflipimage002 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
1 month later
#9149 3 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Just replaced my rubbers a month ago and one already broke and a lot of them are cracking real bad also. I replaced them with the standard black ones. So what the best rubber to use and where to get them so this won't happen so fast again
Thanks
[quoted image]

That's not normal, someone sold you old rubbers.

Where did you get them from?

I bought a game with Titans and threw them in the trash, too bouncy. I like an authentic feel.

#9151 3 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

GOT THEM FROM MARCO

Call them, and ask for another set or refund.

#9157 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I create alot of static mods with via general lighting and predominately in Bally / Williams games.
I have a potential mod for a Ghostbusters but potentially other stern games that runs on 5-12vdc and will power it via Pinball Life's power supply board for mods. But I did not want all of the mod lit up for the whole time rather triggered when a light feature is lit up.
Can anyone help me with some advice on how to trigger a mod when a game feature (small led pcb) is triggered?

Mezel mods did this with the ghostbuster walking stay puff, I believe the trigger board was made by Tim.....? or on here Outcida he also made the Data East Jurassic Park raptor cage etc... fantastic work.

^^ don't quote me on the collaboration work, but maybe Tim can help you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raptor-crate-mod-for-jurassic-park

#9170 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Hi all - I recently bought a GB premium that has a permanent center post screwed into the playfield. I am wondering if anyone has any experience removing a center post like this and trying to understand what my options are. I don't have anything against folks using a center post on the game, I think its just my personal preference to have the post removed if possible to restore the original play style. If I unscrew the center post, what are my options for filling in the post hole? Any wood glue or clear coat recommendations, or perhaps just wood glue and mylar? Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Stern sells a playfield clear coat repair kit, my distributor sent me one a while back. its kind of like a glue/cement put it on and let dry, just fill in the hole and it might take 2 or more coats.

1 week later
#9209 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Hello all. I swear this machine is haunted(!) Lost the 5v supply now. The LED is off in the backbox. Is this a simple fuse replacement, or not? The manual isn't really clear about it.
This is after I had to replace node boards 8 and 9 half a year ago.
Thanks for any help.

the backbox light is the main board, the LEDS are integrated on the actual PCB, mine went out as well. requires PCB replacement. $$$

Stern really F&@%ed the LED's on spike 1, dumb design

1 month later
#9303 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

LOL. its not the power cycle. code 1.13 and 1.16 was working good

look I am all for privacy but you're Country/location and a pic of the dip switches & model of machine (pro, prem, LE?) would go a long way to help, also what website did you download from for the update and link would help?

Cam

#9310 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

For those of you who have a topper, can you please go to test for flashers and see if anything flashes when you go to:
Flasher Test
153/12-LP-3
Topper 4
Thanks in advance!

No, nothing flashes.

3 months later
#9530 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Since there is chatter about these I may as well share a snippet of my latest design / build project.
I have been wanting to make these for a very long time so here is a teaser (admittedly a little early than hoped) - currently in design, proto-typing, testing phases. But while there is talk about it I may as well share my design progress and get some feedback similar to what I did with the Snackbar Mod for the CFTBL.
It will look much cooler and realistic but for now I am up to v3 in design. Everyone always complains about the outlane drains - well soon there will be a mod - possibly the first extra feature full 2 x mechanical mechs that alter the the ball path and game play. You the player can trigger the proto guns and their streams to close up the outer lanes for an effective ball save. Think of it as like a Magna Ball Save for both out lanes and you can chose to turn off for a comp so they can't be used, or on to activate when you want to stop a ball going down the outlane or your kids can activate so always on.

Idea...

instead of a mech to deflect the ball, have the same mech but with steams(el wire) move when slimmer comes out and pulse/blink.

3 months later
#9992 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

The topper paired with the Premium Ecto-1 art package is as good as it gets. I wouldn't separate the two for any amount of money. They are made for one another. You can always make more money but you can’t get another topper. Keep them on you’re games. I can’t imagine mine without it. I’m def not a topper guy but this one is special for sure. Just saying!

That's exactly how I feel about mine as well.

2 months later
#10625 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Need some help please. I bought a used Topper for a ridiculous price. The seller did not include the power adapter. He’s not responding to me now. Can someone with a topper take some pictures of the adapter from the power supply in the bottom right of the head to the topper connections?

I am too lazy to take my glass off the back box to take pics, but this might help. It's a PDF click on it, has 6 steps shows the cable and RJ45 adaptor & power extension cable.

Added YT video

SternGBTopperedit.pdfSternGBTopperedit.pdf

#10632 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Help.
Both of my Scolari Brothers drop targets have quit working. It is not the springs. This feels like some sort of electronic issue. Either the drops will not raise up or if they do raise up then 2 seconds later they fall back down.
I am lost in the weeds on this.
Is there a dedicated troubleshooting website for Ghostbusters?
Would it do any good to contact Stern regarding issues on a 5 year old pin?
Thanks.

When they pop up and won't stay up the this is typically the issue, the ledge wears out and needs to be replaced or sometimes a space is needed too.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-1-bank-target-rest-ledge.html

Test them in the diag... system to get them to pop up.

#10653 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I found the problem. The little lip that screws to the bracket is broken. Unfortunately, It does not seem to be playing nice with the super glue.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
So, where can I buy one of these little fuckers at?
I suppose Stern would want me to buy the entire assembly. And that is assuming Stern is still even suppling the parts.

I told you in post #10632 and provided a link to them! You kept going on and on and asking & posting.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

FML!!!

1 month later
#10788 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Sweet find yesterday!
[quoted image]

congrats, make sure you got the lastest code, they added the hit the spinner, it lites the topper. I called them every 3 months until they added it since 2017. Chaz was getting tired of me calling hey can you tell the team to add this... including the monthly emails to Stern to support team add the spinner lights the topper.

The only reason I bring it up, b/c in 2017 the topper only worked in attract mode and when the etco1 was on the DMD... boring as hell. It was a lot of money to spend on a topper back then and only see it work every so often, but they made it do more since the latest updates.

Spin that spinner!!!
Carry on.

1 week later
#10802 2 years ago

^ do these interfere with the Mezel mods "walking" Stay Puff mod?

#10819 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So I swapped out my battery for a brand new one and it's still not keeping date and time. Any idea what I should do now?

Verify the battery is good, I have seen weak coin cell battery's fresh out of the box.

4 months later
#11053 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Same here. I heard about the front corners being prone to splitting on Tron and GB. I bought several sets of the large brackets and I replaced any of the mini brackets that look like a stick of chewing gum. They do feel more solid, but it’s also just nice to know the corners are better reinforced and the legs aren’t held in place by such a small piece of metal. It’s a bit of work, but worth it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you reinstall the grounding straps? I use the screws that hold the bracket to the cabinet to reinstall them.

2 months later
#11277 1 year ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Went thru my Pro this morning. Got most everything adjusted and repaired, working on cleaning off the 6 years of protective dirt on the playfield.
How good is the Mezel Mods firehouse? It's the only one readily available and the photos they have in the site aren't so great compared to the install photos I've seen.

Mezel Mods firehouse is still a great mod, the red metal building looks out of place. Get it and be done, I have Mezel Mods firehouse and will never take it off unless I can get one from wolffcub

2 weeks later
#11352 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Some pics of the walking puft assembly
Servo is invisible once installed (compared to the mezelmods version)
[quoted image][quoted image]

add me to the list as well, amazing work!

2 months later
#11680 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

GB has a Spike 1 CPU, not Spike 2. They aren’t the same. Spike 2 CPU boards are readily available for around $300. Spike 1 CPUs are sold out everywhere I looked, and were $600-700 when available. I agree this chip at U30 should be cheap. I’ll gladly pay $150 for excellent, reliable repair and save $450+ on a new board. If they were even available. If Coin Op can’t do it, I’ll check with Stern about it.

Correct Spike 1 CPU, btw U30 = A8498SLJTR-T "Allegro MicroSystems, LLC" looks like they are sold out from digi-key and mouser see below.
https://www.allegromicro.com/en/checkstock?q=A8498SLJTR-T

typically burned like that can be other issues, may not just be a simple fix.

I might know someone who as a NIB Spike 1 CPU in stock, let me ask I'll get back to you. FYI the SPIKE 1 changed CPU part numbers on the new boards. you want the latest = 520-6936-01B. they cost more than Spike 2 CPU's

I was able to repair a chip smaller than this on my Raw Thrills CPU for my Aliens Armageddon, however lucky for me the part was available. The damage was due to operator negligence, so it was just a chip replacement.

1 month later
#11789 11 months ago
Quoted from JimB:

Anyone have a solution to fix this rollover switch? I either get the ball stuck as shown or if I bend it in it won’t register via the ball only by pressing it with my finger.
[quoted image]

replace it, I had the same issue, even tried to bend it to help it register. New switch, and boom! little work is needed to R&R.

5 months later
#12172 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A trip down memory lane.
7 years ago, the GB topper was not liked all that well by everybody. Sometime between 7 years ago and 5 years ago, the attitudes for the toper started changing.

Quoted from swinks:

the code with the topper apparently improved with that last update increased the desire for people can get one plus I think toppers in general have become more of a thing in the 4-5 years

Yup I called & emailed them every 3-6 months, Chaz got tired of me basically begging to send the internal team an email, to have them to add more code to the topper. 2017 is when I bought my machine and topper. Back then the code was mostly for attract mode, very little action from the topper during game play.

I was never given credit, or emailed back, but every time I would give an example, when the ball hit's the spinner activate the lights for topper. It was added on final 1.17 update! Don't give up pinhead's, Stern team does listen every once in a while.

SpinnerScreenShot (resized).JPGSpinnerScreenShot (resized).JPG

#12194 5 months ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ok sounds good, I just remembered something about the boards having issues at release.
Thanks

Yes, there was 2 main issues with the earlier node boards, Stern Service Bulletin # 189 & # 190 for Spike 1 & 2 systems.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

If you had a shaker motor, another capacitor was needed. Notice of Advisory Shaker Motors Spike 1 & 2 systems.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider camcamaro1991.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=camcamaro1991 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.