Topic Stats

• 7,512 posts
  • 629 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Nightmare
  • Topic is favorited by 224 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

710x528_29308725_15723322_1571103682 (resized).jpg
710x528_29267126_15702769_1570683537 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308800_15723368_1571104279 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308803_15723368_1571104285 (resized).jpg
bf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).png
Ghostbusters Flippers (resized).jpg
1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png
7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
IMG_8515 (resized).JPG
CC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpeg
56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
screen-capture (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (1 year ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider camcamaro1991.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

ColorDMD - GB Pro - Pin-a-Go-Go this weekend!
Woo-hoo!

Cheddar,
Looks like your using the speaker LED's RGB controller to trigger the Color DMD to match as its a function. What DMD lens did you use, clear? link to the product?

There is no file for color yet from ColorDMD for GB.

2 months later
#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Also can anyone recommend an air ball mod for the Pro variant? I asked someone at Modfather and they told me theirs supported both Pro and Premium (incorrect after ordering it and installing it, the Slimer bangs into the plastic from the mod.)
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/ghostbusters-air-ball-deflector-coming-soon
I'm assuming the Premium/LE don't have this issue due to Slimer being further out in the playfield since he swings back and forth. I've had a lot of balls go flying and I think I've just been lucky up to this point to not have anything shatter.

I would pass on Arts protector only stops the right target before the the ramp, the left target does nothing to stop airballs, the material on Arts, does not cover enough of the left target to stop air balls, infact not even 1/2 the ball is covered when it hits the target (I even modified it to as per his recommendation). Also when ball goes up the ramp it grazes the protector, slowing the ball speed up the ramp, even modified and washers.

skip Arts and choose a better design.

Trying CPR9999's set of 2, will report back later.

see here

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I want the 3D Firehouse Station Mod, can I get it anywhere beside the Stern mod collection? I don't care of the other mods offered in the pack, (well, maybe the PKE mod)

Yes, Cointaker sales the firehouse mod sets, you do have to buy a set however, I only wanted firehouse so I got the less expensive set. included in the lower end set is green ooze for slimmer and spotlights, also later built GB's the green slimmer ooze does not fit the later built pins. the ooze is cheap looking does not match the colors, nor did I install the flipper bat covers.

#3558 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dude Arts protectors work great so stfu already. You're not going to make to many friends here being a new member and coming on here and publicly trashing one of the nicest and most well respected people on this forum. Art did a HUGE favor to all GB owners by making the protectors for this game. You should be ashamed of yourself for real.

Just b/c I signed up 4 months ago doesn't mean I haven't read and viewed and browsed the forums/website for along while, mostly b/c your users like yourself, I could have been nicer I guess, I didn't cuss, I didn't threaten anyone.

See for yourself, it may b/c Stern made changes to the playfield so yeah the current design does not work as intended even modified with and with washers you can clearly see the ball will hit going up the ramp slowing the ball, I worked with Art, nice guy, but the product falls short for me. pictures attached, proof.... happy?

Guessing here, but maybe the 2017+ GB builds, this protector may or may not work. I think there is room for improvement regardless.

IMG_4668 (resized).jpg
IMG_4671 (resized).jpg
IMG_4672 (resized).JPG

#3562 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Washers or standoffs would solve that...or this adjustment...sometimes this works...
Very happy if someone makes a "better" one.
Way past that now, for me.
BTW, I heard from a fellow pinsider looking for one of mine, and I believe Joe at Pingraffix has.
Curly has 2 types, Swinks has Angles, Public opinion adds foam, and as you suggest and more, I think there are 3-4 others, all "better"
So one has 6-8 choices on how to solve, and for a few..they have had to hand make.
So "better" is good, I just no longer wanted to guess what 2-4mm assembly variation a person had, or the drama.... as some are solved with slimer adjustments, or a better coverage.

Art, we already tried this, I appreciated the help then and even now. I even went back again for a 3rd try, I dont have pics of the final modifying of the protector. I even have "shims" from another pinsider on here, it doesn't stop the airballs on the 2x standup target. So I am just giving my 2 cents it's not working for me, so off to try another design.

In general, I know we can never stop all air balls, but I grow tired of my 2x standup sending the ball hurling towards my helix ramp's crossover rail and bashing my playfield, off topic here = but I also get serious air balls on the ghost target that sends the ball towards the firehouse and library, also smashing/landing on my left captive ball plastic cover.

I will note, the 3x used send airballs, your design has stopped airballs on the 3x target, so I know we just need more lip over the 2x and less over the ramp entrance. I am also guessing here but other vendors don't want to use your design or modify it out of respect for you and copyrights, I am game for working towards a better design off your existing design, I mean you even have a diagram/PDF showing how to adjust/modify it, so it's a known work around.

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well maybe if you would have said that Arts protectors don't work on newer games it would have been different, but you just said "skip Arts and use a better design." My apologies for being nasty with you but Art is a great guy and it pissed me off.
Not being rude but I gotta ask.....why are you wearing latec gloves?

I understand, I chose Arts protector due to the pinside community feedback, guess I got a screwy game.

so I don't get fingerprints on my glass and playfield plastics, I do wipe my glass and field down but one less thing to worry about.

9 months later
#4942 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Officially in the club:

After playing I bet you where like... why did I wait so dang long!!!

Recommend mods
Stern Armor
Stern Art Blades
Fire house & Walking Stay Puff (Mezel Mods)
Ecto Goggles (Hooked on pinballs version)
Stern HD glass

Congrats

4 months later
#5321 1 year ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Finally got around to cutting a new airball protector (the old one was too close to slimmer and was chewing up his butt) I went the extra mile on the logo this time and used 3 different acrylics. They fit together very tight and I applied some adhesive to the gaps on the back. We’ll see it it holds up in gameplay!
[quoted image]

glowforge… I see what you did there! dang you lol.

1 month later
#5474 11 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks Vireland. I am going to try to decide if I am for sure going with the lcd or if led looks good on this pin as well.
Has anyone posted any live video of both the lcd and led displays? That may help me compare and make a decision.

Another vote for LCD, with Vireland's gasket. all the color dots you see on ColorDMD's website are screen shots from the LCD build.

There is a ColorDMD LCD vs LED thread look there for more info... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

Quoted from Dmod:
All game ROMs will be available soon for both LED and LCD on the SUPPORT page, but the store won't list configurations with problematic installations. This doesn't mean you can't Macguyver something if you really want to, but it won't be supported.
Examples of problematic installations: LCD will not work for CV (space is too small) or T3 (game mechanisms are in the way). LCD is also not recommended for DE games with plastic speaker panels as the LCD sits too far back in the cabinet unless you permanently modify the speaker panel.
Pros/Cons:
LED: 128x32 discrete RGB LEDs. Small form factor. Brighter and more vivid colors. Fixed smaller size dots - can't take advantage of smoothing or other rendering modes. Susceptible to ghosting artifacts due to undesirable capacitive effects.
LCD: 1920x1080 backlit LCD screen (only a portion of the screen is used). Original proven design sold since early 2012. Pixels are used to draw dots. Six rendering modes (DOTS, DOTXL, TILE, 8BIT, SCAN, and HIRES). Large dots and smoothing modes minimize black space making text easier to read. Smoothing modes are popular for cartoon-like animation.

1 month later
#5622 10 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

HO HO HO. Big triple game update just now from Stern. Anyone want to place any bets?
KISS
AS
GOTG

I got the emails from Stern and with a heavy sigh'... I was left disappointed again! they keep saying delayed, its getting old at least give us a future target, going on over 6 months now they promised it update summer 2018.

2 months later
#5848 7 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Few left. Almost out.
Ping me if interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-1
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

CPR9999,

I can't attach pics in the PM, this is the later production Sterns metal out rails. As you can see the front is not a stud, we have a short screw infact I had to remove my GB plastic just to make it fit since I didn't have a matching screw with more length.

GBR1 (resized).JPGGBR2 (resized).JPGGBR3 (resized).JPG

#5850 7 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looks great.
If you want the original plastic installed too just use a longer screw.
Note this is an issue with Mezel Stay Puft mod motor added. Basically the screw has to hold Stay Puft motor, plastic protector and original plastic.
10 cent screw, but not necessary if you don’t want original plastic installed.

Yeah sorry I mentioned it back then when I first ordered,about mezel mods & the new rails,

however a longer screw is only 50% of the issue, the rear stud is not long enough, unless you remove the factory plastic.

4 months later
#6561 80 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

ok.
I'm thinking about getting that walking Stay puft.....expensive but looks nice....anyone with one care to share if they think it was worth it?

Its worth it! I love mine.
note you will here the tick of the relay from time to time when in attract mode.

skip the stock stern protector its worthless

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p102/Ghostbusters-Ecto-Goggle-Protector-Pinball-Mod.html

#6563 80 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I want to want the stay puft mod.... I just can't imagine it getting out to use when I've only gotten that mode like 3 times

It moves anytime the green "storage facility" arrow is lit, for 1 activation which I believe is like 2 side to sides So you get to see it a few times during a game depending on your game. Dont quote me, I do believe it moves also when stay puff is activated, by the time I look at it directly I have already forgotten to look back there when starting the stay puff mode.

#6567 80 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone here still sell the air ball protectors for the left ramp (prem)? PM if so. thanks.

I have tried 4-5 air ball protectors including tilting the targets. the other 4 99% of the issue I have is the design as the ball goes up the ramp it drags/slows the ball.

IMO currently I use the cpr9999 comb kit. air-ball and right orbit kit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tucson, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider camcamaro1991.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside