IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1261 7 years ago

Got my Pro today... First NIB for me. Manufactured on 7/7 with the Slimer fix. Playfield date from May though. Game is pretty cool - and hard! Installed shaker motor which makes game even better!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1268 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Personal opinion, but I reckon a shaker is a must have on this game.
Adds another dimension to the gameplay.

Yes - ordered one with mine and put it in last night. Took 5 minutes to install. Nice results.

#1280 7 years ago

Someone educate me (stupid question I bet...). What is the blank square thing below the start button? Is it like a tournament button spot?

#1328 7 years ago

Question: I understand the pinball life kit creates a post to block the center lane a bit... What does the outlane portion do? Does it just make the ramps higher or does it also discourage the ball from going in the outline so often?

Lastly - is it a good idea to put the extra ball in the cradle or is the wire bending not as widespread as people say?

1 week later
#1404 7 years ago

Just finished the Lego version!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1445 7 years ago

So you mean that one gives you the MB lock ball and the other just gives you the light for it (and you have to shoot the ramp?)

1 month later
#1658 7 years ago

Glad to see this thread stays on topic and classy...

#1671 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

A lot of talk about the difficulty and what not, but has anyone in this thread beaten the game besides me?
6.6 billion is my GC. (stock everything)

I definitely have not. Awesome score!

#1677 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

im happy with the Pro and now i need to buy a Hobbit.

Yeah... Going to pinball shows gets expensive! I knew once I went to one and played GB it was going to be $5k out of my pocket.

#1707 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Big difference
Apple and Samsung will do what's necessary to fix it, they won't continue sending out defective phones, especially if they are aware of a fix.

First off - both companies have continued to sell phones with issues. The exploding battery issue? No they stopped but that's because that can literally kill someone. A pinball machine that breaks a plastic or drains your ball too fast can't. Not comparable.

1 week later
#1793 7 years ago

Stern gives us options to play our game how WE want - and that is wonderful. I am thrilled.

I think it's healthy to debate which "way" is better but to complain about Stern for making their game more flexible is somewhat childish. It's like winning the lottery and the FIRST thing that comes out of your mouth is "Great... millions in taxes to pay..."

If you hate a mode or option - don't use it. Kind of like how I think most of the "mods" that people do to their games are tacky. I don't install them. To each their own and PLAY ON! But complaining like a child about Stern's efforts to make a game more flexible really smacks of ungreatfullness and makes the community look bad to a casual observer.

Just my opinion... whatever.

1 month later
#1844 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

A bit premature as we just tore up the carpets for wood (messy), but I thought some may get a kick out of the Vigo wall I'm making for GB (WIP). He's behind the faux brick and the framing adds to the appearance of depth. I assume most would think this is a crazy thing to do in their house :p (perhaps not on this forum ). Interestingly enough, I initially got the Vigo print years before a GB pin was announced (thought I'd have it in a theater room, but never installed it). Never thought it would end up near a pin (I wasn't even into the hobby at the time :p ). Yet, it's a welcome turn of events

Awesome. Just awesome.

8 months later
#3547 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Also can anyone recommend an air ball mod for the Pro variant? I asked someone at Modfather and they told me theirs supported both Pro and Premium (incorrect after ordering it and installing it, the Slimer bangs into the plastic from the mod.)
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/ghostbusters-air-ball-deflector-coming-soon
I'm assuming the Premium/LE don't have this issue due to Slimer being further out in the playfield since he swings back and forth. I've had a lot of balls go flying and I think I've just been lucky up to this point to not have anything shatter.

I have Arts protector on my Pro. Works great.

#3552 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

First, my model must have worked on many, and maybe failed a few. (between all vendors selling, I believe around 800 units)
This is due to variations in Sterns assembly.
Nonetheless, I'm no longer selling, so the advice from above is likely very valid.

It worked fine for me! Has protected my game for awhile now! Thanks for your work on it.

#3556 6 years ago

Glad to hear it Art! We like having you around!

1 month later
#3729 6 years ago

I've had my Ghostbusters Pro for about a year now. Last night I put Cliffys in on the storage scoop and scolari brothers targets (plus the drain hole).

I'm getting a lot of air balls on my way up the left ramp now. I have a protector but clearly I'm getting way more air balls than before. Is this because I screwed up putting the ramp back or (more likely) the Scolari bros target protectors?

My targets are flush with the play field but the protector creates a slight lip. Any thoughts? I hesitate to move the target up to the lip because then it would be exposed in the front right?

#3754 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I have a pro model. The metal protector on the library scoop is no longer completely flush with the playfield. its causing the ball to almost always tip just a little to the right whenever coming out of the left orbit, heading for a center drain.
Any advice on how to make that piece flush again? or do i just need to replace it? I think I have over 7K credits on this thing now... this is the first real 'problem' I've had with it.

I can't suggest how to fix it but Cliffy sells a new one.

#3770 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

What are the chances that a code update is closer than what we think. After the JT incident, no doubt sales may have slipped a little and maybe Stern would consider the update to trigger new discussion and take the focus off JT???

I believe most sales are to operators and most route pin players (non pinsiders) don't know or care about code. When we hang out on pinside we get a skewed view that everyone obsesses about these things. They really don't.

Just accept the code as is if you plan to buy the game. An update is a bonus but shouldn't be expected.

#3772 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

To me, a "bonus" would be something like additional call-outs or animations. Correcting the numerous, well-documented bugs in the code, and adding the final wizard mode referenced in the instructions and menu options should be a no-brainer. I'm hoping this update will come fairly soon regardless of John Trudeau's legal problems.

Agree 100% the final wizard mode being added would be awesome... but I'm guessing it will not be.

Just out of curiosity what bugs remain? I've got about 300 games on the latest code and haven't noticed a bug...? Are we talking typos or game breaking bugs?

#3775 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

As far as I know, the link below contains the most up-to-date list of remaining GB bugs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features

Thanks for the post. A lot of them appear to be premium related so I guess that's why I never noticed them. Some of them are definitely valid but others are really nit picky.

Don't get me wrong I would love a code update but I'm one of the few buyers who accepts the "you knew what the game was when you bought it" responsibility. I try not to complain about the missing mode because I knew it was missing when I bought the game. Stern is well known for code updates not always coming.

1 week later
#3853 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yup. A weak hit makes a sound, but doesn't count the same as a strong hit on mine.

Mine as well I get sounds on weak hits but not credited as a hit to make him go away.

#3873 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Could we start a "Fundme" for Dwight to finish the code on his time with Sterns approval?
I know, weird thought, but I love the game, and so wish for the final polish in it.

Weird thought? Its more like a form of Stockholm Syndrome of pinball... we pay for something that the developer should do on their own.

I own a GB and I bought the game with the code fully knowing Stern's reputation on this stuff. I accept that and love the game as is. While I would love new stuff added I would never pay another dime to Stern to do it.

What would be next? Downloadable add on content (DLC) for pinball where they charge you for each new release including features that fix bugs?

Let's face reality - most route operators and players don't care about the code the way we do and that's why it doesn't get finished.

#3915 6 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Actually having each ladder change to random is a good idea as getting who brought the dog each time can be tiresome. It is a great game/theme. Very fast and hard though. I've still to tame it. It's got that just one more go..

Agreed - an option for random would be refreshing. Can make it an option in the settings and those who love hearing "who brought the dog" more than anything else can keep it that way and be happy too.

#3963 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I will say this much though....after playing Ghostbusters a lot...most other pinballs are pretty easy. I have no problem with the post pass on GB.

Agree 100%. It has made me a much better player.

#3976 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

The answer is NONE better, once you start actually playing it.
Downvote away!

Hahaha. I respect people who like Color displays but personally don't see the value (I just got MMr and didn't spring for the chip on that either). But I do suspect I'll bite one day when economics change. If my non color DMD on a game died I'm probably going to have a decision to make.

1 year later
#5431 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Exactly. They're working on the other dumpster fires and trying to save his Cesspool design from the mediocre state it's currently in, so why work on Ghostbusters? It mostly works and is still selling and earning very well. Screwed up decision-making, but whatever.

If you think about it we (the buyers) have only ourselves to blame by buying before the code is done.

That being said - I was never expecting another release when I bought mine. I’m not surprised we won’t be seeing it anytime soon (if at all).

5 years later
#12210 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Decided to make some rules for the Swinks Proton Mod-you can't just have people putting the pedal to the metal all the time
Made in black as well but decided the red popped more...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So basically... cheating permitted but on a limited basis?

You have to read this completely in jest because I have a center post modification so I'm a hypocrite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=brainmegaphone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.