IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bond_gadget_007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3542 6 years ago

"GB is a great game and you are going to love it!"

Just don't let yourself cheat the skill shot, or your friends. Oh, and don't reach the final wizard mode. It's broken too. Other than that it's a fun little game with great music. And the cabinet looks pretty too

#3622 6 years ago

"I had like 20 million, he crushed me".

Why is this a good thing? It's feast or famine. Either get to stay puft and score billions, or do not get to stay puft and score a few million (kicking yourself for not timing out the first mode worth peanuts). That's the state of this game. Not expecting non pinhead friends to understand this, how could they... He was just there to buy GB on blu-ray. Ugh. Dwight we need you!

#3645 6 years ago

Don't forget, once you have a score even in the low Billions always do the short plunge bug trick for a free 10% of your score. Can be worth 100s of millions without even plunging the ball yet! Easy money no skill required

#3656 6 years ago

There is debate over if it's cheating or not. Although I think Jack danger was joking when he said it was a "feature." It is clearly a bug which keeps GB out of big tournaments and needs to be fixed!

1 week later
#3685 6 years ago

Isn't statue of Liberty from GB II, but this pin is based on GB I? I don't get how this mod ties in exactly. Nice mold though.

2 weeks later
#3733 6 years ago

"..so I can brag about my score. GB is hard as hell"

The key to a grand champ score is setting the table with multiplers, then hitting the left ramp during Stay Puft. That's it.

Right ramp is just for fun. No need to fix it or shoot for it.

#3748 6 years ago

"Does anyone know of any forthcoming code updates?"

Silence. Crickets. This game is now steeped in scandal. If you don't like it as is, just sell it now. Back to mylar and broken leaf switches talk please.

#3778 6 years ago

"..if Stern left it permanently unfinished."

Not to mention damage you'd do to the shooter lane after months of doing the skill shot bug trick! That alone is a non-starter for me. Played on-route and lost interest in everything after 5 plunge tricks. Really sloppy stuff, no offense

#3780 6 years ago

Depends on technique when Jack danger did it he'd slap the right side of the machine pretty hard each time. Also takes about 3 attempts for every shot equals more wear and tear (too many points at stake not to try--hence the problem)

#3791 6 years ago

'Ghostbusters for Stern Arcade is now out for Xbox one'

Am I the only person surprised GB in it's current state (unfinished/bugs/etc) is "proudly" posted to the Arcade Store? I thought only solid no fuss games earned that right

#3808 6 years ago

"We should all start trolling stern on FB asking where the GB code."

Agreed. Especially if dude is going around saying he's as good as Lyman. Tisk, tisk.

#3827 6 years ago

'I roll my eyes every time is see it awarded.'

I feel the same way about spinner values in GB starting at... wait for it... 7 thoussand points! Winning!

1 week later
#3862 6 years ago

Go fund me? what happened to just plain old pride in your work. With that being said, I would donate a few bucks to the effort if it made a difference. But if he doesn’t want to do it, he’s not going to do it. Only Lyman takes games home with him!

1 week later
#3921 6 years ago

Glad you all have theories on how to re-imagine the game, but let’s not get our hopes up for a complete revamp. Final code drop will probably include a wizard mode that is not broken, and bug fix to the skill shot, score balance. All good stuff.

4 weeks later
#4095 6 years ago

‘I struggle more with on location Pros’

Surprised to hear that given less steep plastic ramp, predictable slingshots and less rejects on right ramp. Left ramp is also back-handball at will for easy 30 super loops in a row. Go figure!

4 months later
#4713 6 years ago

‘I absolutely love this game’.

And that’s with a broken wizard mode and “Bugs... everywhere!” Err I mean “Ghosts... everywhere!”. Hope they fix this game right with such a great theme and unique layout. Mid summer wait feels like forever.

1 year later
#7840 4 years ago

I noticed modes can be timed out by cradling up a ball, then toggling through the menus after the timer stops. When your menu toggle gets back to the game mode running, the clock ticks down again another 6 seconds each time (Repeat to finish mode while cradled).

I was on a Premium. Might work for Pro, heck might work in all modern Stern games that try (and fail) to stop the timer. Anybody noticed?

#7843 4 years ago

<<Can you explain what you mean by toggling though the menus?>>

1. start scene (ie. "who brought the dog?")
2. trap up
3. wait for service menu to appear (notice mode timer also stops ticking)
4. scroll through service menu screens using opposite flipper button
5. arrive back at the current running mode on-screen

Observe mode timer start ticking down again 6 seconds each time you do this. Repeat steps #3-5 until mode ends.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bond_gadget_007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=bond_gadget_007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.