IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6179 4 years ago

shopping a GB for a friend. Going to add a few mods...are colored rubbers nice looking on GB? thinking slime green if they have them.

#6180 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Mine is literally bone stock, aside from 2 things. My friend got me the slime spotlight covers from Mezelmods, and I have an extra ball behind the librarian captive ball because I got my game before they figured out what was causing the wire to bend.

dont see the slime green covers on their site?

#6182 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Just hooked up my ColorDMD. Can someone tell me how to get it to use all the colors. I can only seem to choose one color . Probably something simple,I’m a newbie tho, any help would be appreciated .
[quoted image]

did you download code for their site and install?

#6187 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

No. I did not. Is that the issue?

Yes. Go to their site. Download code to thumb drive. There is an example of a guy doing whitewater on the site. Very easy

#6188 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I just did Titan clear rubbers in gb. Green flipper rubbers Looks slick!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have list of sizes you ordered ? Thx !

#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Oh, man. I had them all written down when I ordered for all my games but I combined them all into one big order. I think I found the sizes online.

Order from Pinball
Life or titan ?

#6195 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ordered from titan.
I ordered some glow post sleeves from them for AFM, and the flow rubbers might also look cool. Here's a shot of them on AFM for reference.
[quoted image]

cool i need to get a rubber chart so I can see what I need

#6197 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

If you are going to order from titan, they have the very cool game database. It lists games and has all the sizes you need. Check it out.

Thx. Just looked. One of the kits has all glow rings. would love to see pics...

#6199 4 years ago

Im shopping a GB pro and the only issue my friend was having is an intermittent right flipper. Ive fixed many flipper issues on older pins. usually its the leaf switch not making contact when press button the leaf switch out of alignment. In test mode it seems to work all the time. Im watching through the apron and the leaf switch looks perfect even when it wont fire. Is this a potential node board issue? never really had to troubleshoot spike pin. Ill double check the leaf switches this weekend but at first glance they look like they are making contact at the right gap.

#6201 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

First thing I would check is it running latest code 1.13? There was a software related issue in earlier code versions regarding weak flippers. This could be your problem.

Thx. It’s running 1.11 I’ll investigate more this weekend

#6204 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Good news, they have fixed it after 1.11 so your problem will be solved.
You can download the newest software here https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/ghostbusters-1_13.spk
V1.12 - December 9, 2016
===================================
Fixes:
- pinnode v0.19.8 - Fixed "weak flipper" issue. This bug manifested itself as a
weak flipper
if the flipper EOS switch is working only intermittently during gameplay.

Thx. I’ll try it!

#6205 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I did all glow rings from Titan which I shopped my GB. They are perfect IMHO. Looks like the game should have shipped that way, which is the way I like any mods on my games.

So should follow rubber sizes on titan site or manual?

What did you use for post sleeves?

#6208 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I do somewhere, I'll look for them or I could take a few more. I used the Titan kit and I ended up with extras, but I don't remember being short any rubbers. They are black light reactive too which can make them really stand out if you have any black light LEDs or black lights in your game room.

but if you have no black lights they just look light green?

#6210 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I used the purple from Pinball life and they look great, it's a lighter purple and it matches the artwork really well. I went off of the manual and everything was correct.

Perfect Play brand? thx

#6216 4 years ago

Anyone add undercab lighting or led strip below flippers? Never done this on a spike pin.

#6218 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I haven't done those, but I did add a Cobb light strip under the upper train tracks to illuminate the pop bumper area. I was a little nervous about any extra load, but it's been going for about a year and all is good. I just used one of those bulb replacer bases that has an adapter and replaced one of those bulbs along the backboard, so no splicing/hardwiring advice.

Great. My friend really wants under cab too but worried about messing up a spike board

#6219 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I haven't done those, but I did add a Cobb light strip under the upper train tracks to illuminate the pop bumper area. I was a little nervous about any extra load, but it's been going for about a year and all is good. I just used one of those bulb replacer bases that has an adapter and replaced one of those bulbs along the backboard, so no splicing/hardwiring advice.

Link to Cobb light strip ? Comet ? Color ? Thx!

#6224 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yep, that’s the one.

I use comet matrix a lot. What color looked good for you in pop bumper area. On most pins I alligator clip matrix. So on spike I’ll use the 44 bulb connector

#6239 4 years ago

Im shopping one for a friend and I love it...May get one...

Id love the plastic piece for the center drain though....

Updated code and my right flipper seems to work perfect so far

#6242 4 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

yes I've done both, doesn't seem to be a problem if you buy one that is made for it. I got mine from Mezel mods and the under cab lighting is amazing. so bright!
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/pinball-cabinet-lighting-kit-bundle-spike?variant=36338363848[quoted image]

Thx I got lighting from rock. Lermods abs Mezel mods. Should be fine

#6244 4 years ago

There is GB for sale in VA with a slimer prob. Seller says it hits pf. Is this an easy adjustment?

Thx !

#6251 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ordered from titan.
I ordered some glow post sleeves from them for AFM, and the flow rubbers might also look cool. Here's a shot of them on AFM for reference.
[quoted image]

Just curious if anyone had this issue with their rubber rings. The far left adjustable post has small rubber at the bottom and a 7/16 at the top. The smallest one they came in my kit is the 3/16 which the manual says the game uses 16 of...that rubber just flops on the bottom metal post. Are these rubber rings not listed anywhere? Looks like I need to order smaller size. The manual does not even show them only the #7 rubber.
8567798B-290C-4C14-A2D3-8102DB1DE1A6 (resized).jpeg8567798B-290C-4C14-A2D3-8102DB1DE1A6 (resized).jpeg

#6253 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I didn't have that problem, but I didn't order a kit. I added up sizes for four of my games and placed a bulk type order for all of them together and everything seemed to work out.

Curious what you put on the posts in these 2 pics. First pic rubber very loose. The second pic the metal pointy post def need a smaller rubber ring

11F72C6F-6E8F-4F68-8486-70FFCEA153B5 (resized).jpeg11F72C6F-6E8F-4F68-8486-70FFCEA153B5 (resized).jpeg2B1B7239-329A-4F49-B8D4-CBB511D3EA20 (resized).jpeg2B1B7239-329A-4F49-B8D4-CBB511D3EA20 (resized).jpeg
#6258 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

They should be 7/16" OD(Stern #545-5348-17). Are you trying to put on 7/16" ID? That Would make it to big and loose.

You are prob right...on all 3 GB kits on titan none of them list these. time to order 10 of them Thx!

#6286 4 years ago

what is best or most recent totorial for the pro. I found one a few weeks ago I watched and even the in this tutorial it said the game was unclear on starting modes.

#6311 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I did all glow rings from Titan which I shopped my GB. They are perfect IMHO. Looks like the game should have shipped that way, which is the way I like any mods on my games.

Ive changed all the rubbers to glow except one. The large band that wraps around the bottom of the slimer mech....looks like the only way to change it is to take a c clip off and remove rubber and put new one on...Anyone do this or is it not worth the risk/pain?

The glo rubbers do look great.

#6314 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

It's not very hard. Just don't loose that c clip!

thx. Looking at a GB where the slimer drags the pf....anyone ever adjusted theirs or where I would begin to troubleshoot? Its a new mech that was put on.

#6341 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Something simple and something that probably doesn’t bother anyone else but I hate the little L brackets that keep the ball from getting stuck. Looks like someone just ran to Lowe’s.
I designed and printed a new bracket to replace it. Only color that I had that goes with the game was green. I will probably pick up some purple as I think it will fit better but I’m happy with the prototype.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great! How have these held up from ball hits?

Any chance you can share file? I have a 3d printer in the room next to me and he says if you can get file on thingiverse he can print me some.

Thx for any help

#6345 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You guys notice how gb prices have been dropping? I can't help but feel like people are giving up on this game because they're losing hope in a decent code update.

Im still surprised with all the great minds out there on pinside that can basically create almost anything for these games including new songs, etc that someone can make some basic code changes to finish up a pin.

#6351 4 years ago

Who sells slime that covers the slimer mech?

#6358 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I've owned quite a few titles over the years and GB is still top of my list. Even if code update never came it is still a title worth owning. Great theme, beautiful machine, great sound, great call outs, fun to shoot (once you get it dialed in to your liking)

Is there a tutorial? Just picked one up. Hoping to get non Pinheads to play it.

Adding a few mods. Wish I could find a cheaper walking stay Puff mod

#6370 4 years ago

Anyone have their motor not act correct...sometimes resets when game boots other times stays down....I did Slimer test hand half the time it fails. It will say motor moving to sw 33 or 34 then eventually it fails.

I have a working GB pin next to it that I am shopping and that motor works perfect passes test no matter how I try and confuse it with pushing sw 33 or 34...So Im not sure if I should start with a Pinball life motor at $70 and swap or if I should get the assembly which has all hardware switches and conn where it would be a plug n play fix. Problem has to be motor, switches (which register) or the board that controls it.

#6374 4 years ago

GB down to one last problem...My P-K-E insert leds at the top are not lighting. Is this what Node failure looks like? I have a fully working GB next to it so I swapped the little led board that they plug into but they still dont light....Hard to follow manual but I trade the 3 leds to the small board then to 8D and then I think to Node 8. Is there a way to check node 8 or do you just replace?

#6389 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

GB down to one last problem...My P-K-E insert leds at the top are not lighting. Is this what Node failure looks like? I have a fully working GB next to it so I swapped the little led board that they plug into but they still dont light....Hard to follow manual but I trade the 3 leds to the small board then to 8D and then I think to Node 8. Is there a way to check node 8 or do you just replace?

Found issue the left drop/stand up LEd board. Looks like it carries the signal from Node board. Now I need to find cheapest place to buy one. Looks like only Marco carries them. Anybody have a cheaper place to buy stern boards. Pinball life does not carry it.

#6392 4 years ago

Added some Rock pinball undercab lighting to my GB pin and my friends. Really well done and look great. Prices are reasonable too. You can adjust colors but I went with slime green look

#6394 4 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

Does anybody else have a problem with balls coming out of the shooter lane with out shooting it.?
Automatically just shoots it between players .

Need more info...the shooter just fires right away? Or just launches a ball randomly? The shooter lane will fire when a ball is sitting there because the switch tells the coil to fire....The problem sounds like the trough switches could not be registering....start with correct number of balls then a trough switch test for a flaky switch?

3 weeks later
#6475 4 years ago

Cheapest place to buy boards? Need to replace one of the larger led boards under pf. Marco is like 140.

A4C38B67-6D02-421B-B2D0-6519A4EBAD82 (resized).jpegA4C38B67-6D02-421B-B2D0-6519A4EBAD82 (resized).jpeg
#6483 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just wondering if you are having issues with the LED's on that board? I had that issue on I believe the same board and reflowed the solder which fixed it.

The top 3 lanes do not light. Tested a friends board and they worked fine

What did you reflow? Thx

2 weeks later
#6594 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just posting here as was brought up in the JP@ thread and the GB Code thread as people are saying the gap is larger than Trudeau's typical flipper gap.
Flipper Gap Myth Solved as a few years ago, as I had a quick discussion with Trudeau which started when we discussed the Snackbar mod I did for his designed game CFTBL
- The Flipper gap is a result of the flipper post placement & the angle of the flippers
- Stern's standard flipper post placement is 7" hole centres
- Trudeau's stanard signature flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres on all games
- GB has the same flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres
- what makes the flipper gap larger is how the flippers were angled lower than the inlane guides angle
2 Solutions
- lift the flippers so the front face / rubber are inline with the inlane feed rails which brings the game's flipper similar to all his other games
- add carrots or even my quick swap out flippers which both are 1/8" longer which then narrows up the gap to narrower than a standard Stern
I recommend the 1st option and it only makes you a better player, hope that helps

Not sure I understand solution 1?

Loosen flipper bat and angle it down? Not sure how it reduces gap. any pics?

#6617 4 years ago

I’ll be listing a Pro soon for 4350 OBO soon. Couple led mods and slime plastic protectors. New slimer and slimer motor

4 weeks later
#6764 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have to tell you I'm loving my gb. Updated the flipper gap and all the other necessary adjustments and it's now playing well. Updated sounds really make it special. Bobby Brown MB #1
It's also my dream theme...

what is most popular way to correct flipper gap?

#6771 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's mentioned a few times in this thread I believe and a few other places. Quick google and you should be good.

Is the center post avail by itself? I have plastic protectors already.

#6798 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

GB came out originally with very low set flippers and then raised them a touch but not inline with the inlane guides. Place a ruler on the inlane guides and then once the flipper paws / clamps are loosened adjusted your flippers. I personally left them a little down from being inline but I can still cradle the ball.
Remember to check that the flipper has not dropped in relation to the playfield as you don't want playfield scraping - I tend to put a credit card under the flippers to rest on when setting then remove the card and you have consistent spacing off the playfield.[quoted image]

Dumb question What does lowering flippers below the inlane guide actually do? It cant decrease the size of the gap?

#6802 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

It makes gap bigger
Changes shot angles
Dial them in to your liking

That makes sense. So why would anyone widen the gap?

1 week later
#6904 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like marketplace is starting to burn up with wanted gb threads
Knew that would happen once code was close
Hopefully Stern delivers. They don't even need a knock out so I think this will really be well received

I never seem to see wanted ads. Where do you see them. Im listing my pro soon...glad I waited

4 weeks later
#7455 4 years ago

Figured I try here to see if anyone wants to buy my faulty 8d board 520-6992-00

50 shipped. The top 3 insert lanes were not lighting on my game Replacing this node board with a new one fixed it. These sell for 125+. Maybe someone can fix for a spare. I reflowed conn pins but did not fix it

1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
3 years later
#11310 1 year ago

Cleaning out parts bin....Node board 8C...Insert lanes not lighting. $40 shipped.

5F52E525-6CAC-4013-BE90-DBF4C43F9C19 (resized).jpeg5F52E525-6CAC-4013-BE90-DBF4C43F9C19 (resized).jpeg61B86170-13DC-4018-AAD1-9133B9816830 (resized).jpeg61B86170-13DC-4018-AAD1-9133B9816830 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#11417 1 year ago

Node board needing repair. 35 OBO. Ad in marketplace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=billsfanmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.