IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadenerd925.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2294 7 years ago

will be joining this club in roughly 3 weeks give or take.

for those that have the official topper, has it's usage been improved with the code updates? the reviews I found on youtube were all 6+ months old and it seemed underwhelming, but still, looks pretty cool sitting on top of there.

#2385 7 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it. I own a WOZ, and the kids absolutely love it. I want to add a 2nd game but want to make sure it's on the easier for the kids, if possible. GB has a great theme for the family, just concerned it won't get played due to difficulty. If that can be mitigated, it's likely the right one for our house.

GB Prem will be going right next to my WOZ when it arrives. My kids dont really care about the modes, they just want to bash the ball around and have some fun so I am not really concerned.

1 week later
#2475 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The ball should rest on the wood but the cliffy should be as close as possible without touch the ball.
This allows the ball to sit in its natural location/height from the switch.
If for some reason you need the ball on the cliffy, you might need to readjust your switch so it knows the ball is in the shooter.

If the ball doesnt rest on the cliffy, can you elaborate on what the cliffy is doing protection wise?

(not trying to be snide, 100% trying to understand its purpose so I can decide if I should add one)

#2559 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Looks like a switch mode power supply IC. If you can read the part number on the top of it, you can order one from Digikey for a couple bucks. Who knows what else got damaged. Damage isn't always visible. Might be worth a shot, though.

replacing that part would be such a PITA though

#2618 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Thanks. I will try that

That shaker is so damn intense, this is what im thinking. something has to be loose.

#2630 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The Shaker is intense. I have mine set at minimum, then like many folks, I finally adjusted it manually. I could not bare to use it at the factory position.

Yea mine arrives Tuesday, I am going to try changing the settings first and if needed, do the manual adjustment. I have played junky's GB premium and while I like the shaker, its just a little bit too much for my particular taste. But that is the great thing about adjustments, everyone can dial it in to their liking.

#2631 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

Has anyone made any custom code? I do enjoy sterns code but would like more movie speech.

I downloaded the game image and loaded it up in pinball browser (just for the heck of it) I would be curious to tweak some of the sounds/music. More curious to see if they put another update out anytime soon.

#2640 7 years ago

Dumb question time: Do you you guys add any kind of extra protection behind the legs or is what looks to be already attached to the cab sufficient?

#2667 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Would the PF protector actually prevent the dimpling that occurs on GB, or would it just lessen the effect?

this is what I was wondering, It would have to be some pretty thick/strong material to prevent dimpling. So I would be pretty skeptical.

#2703 7 years ago

Happy to say that I am officially a member of this club now )

Game is gorgeous. I added a different airball protector than Art's (odd, I actually looked in the marketplace and searched for all mods for GB and couldnt find it at the time last week) as well as the ecto goggles protector (the clear one that wraps around the whole thing) that I saw on Junky's GB premium.

Happy to say that I did not need to adjust the left side kick out (currently, it bounces off right flipper), also the scolari brothers drop down targets seem to work fine out of the box for me (any decent hit will drop them).

I did end up adjusting slimer today, 1: it seemed like only a perfect dead on on right in the middle smack would cause a registered hit, so I made it more sensitive (thanks for the advice Junky!) 2: while adjusting the switch, I wondered of raising the assembly up slightly would keep slimey from hitting the bracket on his way down, low and behold it did.

Very happy so far

20170404_173521 (resized).jpg20170404_173521 (resized).jpg

20170404_193102 (resized).jpg20170404_193102 (resized).jpg

#2772 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone occasionally have the ball hit marshmallowman when it's auto plunged? It then rolls down the who brought the dog ramp.

Me. I believe this is why junky bent up the corner of the gate it goes through on the right side on his game. for me, when this happens, it bangs into the Stay Puft. So I may be doing the same (currently, this happens about 25% of the time)

#2795 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just discovered it last night. Stern should at least reinforce the corners

Yipes!! I guess I am going to order those re-enforced corners too. argh.

#2800 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Yikes...you'd probably want to glue it and clamp it together somehow before installing that bracket to make the seam as unnoticeable as possible.

Yeah I would use a clamp to bring it back together and then use the bracket (and maybe an L bracket above it) to help keep it in place.

#2820 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Thank you for the quick responses. Looking to purchase a Prem and this makes me feel better about doing so!

I believe the PF issues are in the rear view mirror, but I would be concerned about the cabinet issues (namely the weak joints and the separations of the wood in many games). So if you do buy one, I would grab the re-enforced leg brackets and also re-enforce the corners of the cab on the inside (perhaps by adding an L bracket)

#2822 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I was thinking about this last night. An L bracket placed high in the front L&R corners could interfere with the playfield I'm going to look at it ASAP and see if there is enough room for that to be feasible.
Side Note: I do not see enough organized documentation to prove this is widespread problem. Its definitely disturbing to see the photos, but when you read the details there's very little actual documentation.
One Batman 66 with split seem is on location (who knows what happened there)
The smart move would be to create list of machines with serial number , title, build date, HUO or Routed.
At present we have at the most 12-15 machines with seam issues. Titles: BM66, Areosmith, recent Ghostbusters (last 3 machines)

You can add mine to the list, HUO, never moved after install a week ago, no shaker, legs are not over-tightened. waiting to see what JJ@game exchange/stern does before I start my gripes. heh. True, we don't know if the problem is wide spread yet, but at the very least, it's concerning. If I were considering buying one now, I would at least like to know so I could ask more questions before purchasing.

#2824 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was planning to order a Ghostbusters premium this week but then heard about the cabinet issues. I called Stern to ask about the issue and if I should wait a month or two to order. I was quickly told there is no issue with cabinets and that every once in a while one doesn't get enough glue...There are now too many people reporting the problem for it to be just a one off issue.

I am hoping that is the case (one off glue issue) and that I can report back in a few days that the issue is being rectified to my satisfaction and that it is indeed an issue of limited exposure.

#2828 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks for the update. Can you reply with your cabinet date (back of the machine) ?
Did you inspect the sides when you unboxed it?
Were the corners fine upon opening or were they already splitting?
Yours is a good example of what we need to document.
* Picture of the issue: ????
* Cabinet Date: ????
* Condition at the time of unboxing: ????
* Machine shipped from Game Exchange to purchaser.
* Home Use Only
* Never moved after install
* In place 1 week
* No shaker
* Legs not over-tightened.

Was not split after unboxing that I noticed at least, will grab the other details once I hear from JJ (I dont want to move it around ATM to look @ the back) but I hope for that to be within the next 24hrs.

2 weeks later
#2947 6 years ago

Went ahead and put on the carrot flipper bats. Also angled then up to be in line (instead of dropping).

I like it, not going to call it a total game changer, but it helps and for me makes the game a little more fun. I also like the angle better, I can still hit the river of slime on the right just fine (and for me at least, makes hitting the left ramp from the left flipper easier)

YMMV

20170422_125727 (resized).jpg20170422_125727 (resized).jpg

20170422_121009 (resized).jpg20170422_121009 (resized).jpg

20170422_122650 (resized).jpg20170422_122650 (resized).jpg

#2977 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Hi guys I got my Premium last year in October, we have played it a ton and really just noticed that my playfield is full of dimples. I know its from airballs mostly and at this point the playtfield is really shot I think, Its my first Pin and didn't really know any better on protecting it ( preventing airballs ) I assume the dimples is commonplace?

IMHO, the dimples are fine. though everyone has their own tweaks (air ball protectors, angling the targets, etc) your still going to get dimples. I wouldnt worry about it, the PF isnt shot, its just worn in

#2987 6 years ago

This is the first pin where my 4 year old scoots a chair over, turns it on and plays all by herself. Don't care what the haters think, we love it.

#3023 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I untightened the Hex key but moving it up or down doesn't help much.
There is indeed some solder underneath, but don't know how to remove this?
I also noticed you can pull the wire upwards (see picture) and then it's fine. But after some play it moves down again and the problem retarts.

The set screw oldpinguy was talking about on the boom is here. If slimer is dragging his but, just raise him up a little bit, you could add a few washers or just space it 1/8" by eye and tighten the set screw back up, run him down in test mode and see if he drags any more.

slimer-adjustment (resized).pngslimer-adjustment (resized).png

#3027 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Finally decided to join the club. Almost joined the Aerosmith club but the distributor I was going to go through was taking a long time to get back with me which made me feel uncomfortable.
I talked to my wife and friends to get their thoughts on both games and decided to go with a GB Premium. I was honsetly to the point of writing a list of pros and cons for both games as I couldn't decide, lol. I ordered the game from CoinTaker and it's shipping out today. According to CoinTaker the game was made about 3 weeks ago.
GB Premium has some of the coolest toys I've seen in a pinball machine so it's hard to pass up. I know some people knock it for being difficult but I welcome the challenge and have no plans to add a center post or make any lane modifications.
I have the airball protector for the ramp. Is the Ecto Goggles protector really necessary if the ramp airball protector is on the game?

Welcome, you will love it (GB gets more love here than WOZ which i thought would never happen)

I have the ecto googles protector and have yet to see it get used, but my GB does not get much play time so its a small sample size.

Take pics of the box/pallet before unboxing (Stern asked for pics when I put in my request for a new cab, i assume to prove it wasnt damaged in transit, luckily i took some!)

#3029 6 years ago

Question: who makes the slingshot lane protectors that don't cover up the whole area. (like the ones that come in the upgrade kit from pblife) Saw a GB on route with these and I like them better than the ones that cover all the lanes with just clear plexi.

I've looked on here, modfather, etc, and just not finding it.

#3036 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So does someone have a link to the larger flipper bats (or is it just thicker bands?) that might help you save so many of the SDTM occurrences with this awesome pin?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=20-9592

They are just a smidge larger, i added green super bands and I also angled them up slightly so they no longer drop/dip lower. It is a noticeable difference for me (scroll a few pages back i posted pics) but you are still going to get the occasional SDTM. Worth it IMHO

#3037 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

TaylorVA has teamed up with Cliffy to do nice metal ones to blend in better.

Awesome, I would totally pick up a set.

2 weeks later
#3189 6 years ago

Good excuse to upgrade to LED lit flipper buttons. it's a sign.

#3193 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup, it's an easy DIY project.

Yeah I am thinking about picking up the purple ones from PBL, i think that color would fit nicely but have to wait a bit, my GB is being picked up tonight by a local stern approved repair person to have my cab swapped out.

#3198 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I went the Purple LED Flipper Button route myself for my Premium. I think it adds a nice touch, and fits the art package and ZY Stern Art blades/inner decals.

Quoted from gweempose:

I went purple as well on my premium. They look great!

Which did you guys use? cointaker? or PBL? (or other)

#3257 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So is there any way to stop the ball from going SDTM between the 2 flippers when it comes off the bumpers? I don't have that much issue with the losing the balls on the left or right side of the slingshots, but man it goes straight down the middle waaaaaaaaaaaay to often. I love the game but its frustrating as heck!

I got the slightly longer flippers, angled them up (so they are like all my other pins) and a gentle nudge does the trick for me.

4 weeks later
#3376 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I agree. It looks cool but I have a hard time justifying the $500 price. I'm not sure that it is a good value at that price.

For me it was worth it. yes pricey, but it polishes the game.

It comes on at the beginning of the attract mode (and again when it loops) for about 30 seconds. Comes on during ball save, extra ball and during 'we got one' (im not sure if i missed anything)

#3399 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey guys! I currently own TWD premium and a 1977 Bronco EM. I am looking to potentially add another pin to my gameroom. I am stuck between Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park. So I ask all of you GB owners, is this pin worth owning? If so, why and if not, why not?

GB consistently gets the most plays in our house and we've had if (i am guessing) 5 months +. Yes there are frustrating things, but after putting in the slightly longer flipper bats and angling them up (no more droop) the center drains have significantly dropped for me.

I am far from a good player, so rules and what not wernt much of a factor for me, we love the theme, art, sounds and basic game play so that was good enough for us.

Ideally you just need to play one and see for yourself.

2 weeks later
#3532 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Thanks for the advice all, I really appreciate it.

I didnt bother with the drop target cliffys, in fact, I turned them off, they annoy the crap out of me. lol

#3554 6 years ago

thnx goes out to imagamejunky for helping me install my art blades. For those that do this, do yourself a favor and just take out the PF, it was ridiculously easy.

1 week later
#3654 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

For the bros. Hit the right target with the right flipper and the left target with the left flipper (back hands). Works way better than trying to hit them head on.
For the PKZ shot, if you haven't modified the stand up under the ramp, then do so. You can buy a shorter standoff and replace it, then the ramp works SO much better. It becomes a fair shot (still hard, but doesn't bounce around and come out).

This, lowered mine last week and it is night and day difference.

#3668 6 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyArcade:

This is when I release/shoot a new ball. Prior to launching it I can use the flippers to select 2 skill shots on the DMD. The award video mode lights the right scoop. I usually select "light multipliers" and "award video mode". (sorry, said scene, meant mode in first post)
Just got it to do it again (twice). Selected the 2 skill shots. Hit the right scoop after launching the ball. Asks me to select ESP or Streams, selected streams, DMD then says "Symmetrical Book Stacking", (Scolari Brothers sometimes go up at same time), releases the ball from the scoop. Playfield goes dark, flippers lose power then Don't Cross the Streams starts on DMD.

Any chance you could take a vid and post it?

2 weeks later
#3711 6 years ago

For the right orbit (where it appears to fly over the switch if you smash the ball up there) for whatever reason I just didn't feel like pulling up the mylar like most have done. Decided instead to just play around with the switch itself. Took a few tries but I have appeared to bend the wire so that the ball still triggers it no matter which way its hit up there.

10 games in (so, small sample size) so far so good. Will see how it goes.

#3713 6 years ago

Time to finally get some lane guards (to help prevent ball hopping over)

Who likes what they have?

I've seen the modfather plexi ones, the metal ones Taylor had made.. etc etc.

Curious to get some opinions.

#3719 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

please keep posted. i just asked this question on the issues thread.
is there a taller wire that can be put in on switch? or is that what u did bent up more?

I took the switch out and bent it. took some trial and error. first pass I bent it too much and the ball wouldnt bring it down, lol. Took me about 3 tries to get it right.

Pulling up the mylar is probably easier, but it was just bugging me that it also had to do with the switch.

YMMV

#3720 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I originally had the GB Upgrade Kit from Pinball Life with the clear plastic guards. I upgraded to Taylor/Cliffy/Mezel's metal ones because I prefer the look and they have performed very well too.

Thanks, I like the look of the metal ones too. But mainly, I dont like that the plastic ones cover the lanes (would have to pull them off any time I really want to give things a good clean)

#3722 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I've been looking deeper into doing this, I know it's been explained , silverballnut, I really appreciate you in this, can someone please post some pictures? I have scoured this thread and can't seem to find what I'm looking for, thank you guys in advance

I believe this is the one, without searching (somebody correct me if I am wrong):

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=359

In the drop down just choose the length (1 5/8")

you will see the screw in the middle of the bracket that holds it up on the right side. unscrew, move to the side. You will see the standoff, unscrew it. screw on new standoff, screw the metal "habitrail" back on.

For me, the way it bent the plastic ramp, I put a little bend to the right on the two wires that feed in to the end of the ramp. Made the shot a little smoother for me.

Also also, I was too lazy to buy the spacer (I hate it when I only need one thing from PBL, the shipping cost kills it), I just cut the 2" one down and tapped it, lol.

#3727 6 years ago

Instruction cards.

Anyone make any good ones they feel like sharing the graphics files for?

#3739 6 years ago

Art, these are perfect. thank you!

#3740 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Instead of dicking around with that switch, why not just take 2 minutes and remove that piece of Mylar from the playfield? It's not going to hurt a thing and your shots will register 100% of the time and they will be smoother as well.

Because I can

;o)

In all seriousness, not saying my way is better. I was just curious if it really was just the ball launching a bit over the switch. Different strokes for different folks.

#3751 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

In Mass Hysteria MB, does the game give any clues as to when the flippers switch from reverse to normal?

This. was about to ask this myself. I have heard there is a sound but have not been able to figure it out yet.

#3777 6 years ago

I think there will be an update eventually, but later than sooner.

#3807 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

"IF I revisit Ghostbusters..." Really Dwight?
The game isn't finished. How can you consider it complete without the final wizard mode?

We should all start trolling stern on FB asking where the GB code is, lol.

#3814 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It is soooo worth putting green t molding on... Looks like it should have come this way.

You need the scoop lights next

2 weeks later
#3902 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Whats the verdict on adjusting the flipper angle (currently droopy) to be in line with the plastics? I know some people had tried it, did everyone go back to the factory angle (back to the droop) or did anyone like it that much that they kept it.
I'm also new to the mechanics, where's the screw to loosen them? I understand i need an allan key somewhere? Is it under the playfield?
Thanks!

I like it better in line with the plastics (and I also put the longer flipper bats on). Pros: less gap, can make left ramp shot from left flipper. Cons: for me, right ramp shot is harder to make (so I lowered the post/ramp)

Underneath the PF there is a linkage to connect the flipper bat post to the coil, you would loosen that, adjust and then tighten.

#3905 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone else saw Sterns Facebook "Stern of the Union address" post but they state that a final Ghostbusters code update will come after Star Wars is complete. The wait will likely be a while but at least we know that something is coming.

Thnx for posting this, good to know!

#3944 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I found the correct nut and adjusted the flippers so they are inline with the guides. I can't tell really any difference except the shots appear to be later on the flipper. This does not seem better or worse, just different. What is supposed to be the benefit of bringing the flippers inline with the guides?

On mine, I also got the slightly longer flipper bats. between the two, less center drains, (as someone mentioned above) a little easier to cradle, and (for me at least) its made some shots a little easier (I can hit left ramp easily from left flipper ball cradled)

YMMV

#4000 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Fun thing I learned replacing the Library scoop protector, you can widen and narrow the entrance to spinner lane (left orbit). The screw that holds down the metal rail with the blue bumper on it is held by an adjustable brace. Mine was set as narrow as it would go by factory settings, and I have always found that shot pretty hard. Just widened it up and its a much more reasonable shot now. Going to see if I can do the same with the right short ramp tonight.

Let us know how this goes, would be nice to be able to open up the right a little.

1 month later
#4169 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Any reviews on the topper? $500 seems like a bunch of money, but it sure does look like it completes the machine...
Is it worth it? Does it have good interaction with the game? I don’t see a ton of info on it.

Yes $500 is overpriced. It flashes during ball save, if you get an extra ball, we got one, and It cycles during part of the attract mode. I forget if there is anything else. For me it was the perfect polish for the game and worth the coin spend. YMMV

#4188 6 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

What switches up the multiplier in Stay-Puft? The best I can find is on tilt forums and the wiki just says " certain switches" .

My understanding is that you hit it into the pops to upp the multiplier, but my understanding of this mode is limited.

2 weeks later
#4217 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

I agree. I had the centre post as well but the extra length added flippers is what made this game for me. With the added flippers I took the centre post out, but kept the inlanes on the shortest setting (but I do this for all games b/c I suck at pinball).
Instead of the carrot flippers b/c they are so ugly imo, I went with these purple aluminum bad boys:
http://www.adpin.de/english/
Quite pricey but they look amazing and feel great! I also ended up with the purple aluminum push buttons which complete the look. I love this pin with the added length flippers. Now I'm waiting for this code update so the game can hopefully be complete. Don't disappoint me Dwight and Stern!

I agree, not a big fan of the look of the carrot flippers, but I just covered mine with those flipper bat "trap" decals. looks great now.

2 weeks later
#4351 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Glass off gameplay of GB Pro with custom music. Forgive the horrible camerawork.
» YouTube video

Well done! are you able to post it any where to share?

1 week later
#4438 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I tried this as well - I think I like it. I know for sure it looks normal now as i always thought the flippers looked droopy. I think I'll keep it like this.

+1 on being able to back hand the left ramp from the left flipper, love it.

My one gripe is that the right ramp is a little harder to shoot now. But i lowered mine slightly and that helped. I like it though and will be keeping mine this way as well.

#4439 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Can you explain what you mean about fixing a droopy flipper and how you do this?

On most pinball machines, the flippers are angled so that they are "in line" with the lane behind each one. If you look at yours, most likely, each flipper droops down slightly (creating a wider gap). Many (including myself) have adjusted them up slightly. To do so, you have to loosen the screw that clamps the flipper mech to the flipper bat, adjust, and re-tighten (it needs to be tighter than you think, otherwise it will move the first time you bash the pinball with it)

#4442 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Since I adjusted my flippers I can backhand both left and right ramp

Nice! I will have to work on that (backhanding right ramp)

#4452 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys who adjusted their flippers up (to be in line with the inlanes) what have you done to your right ramp b/c that shot is now really hard on mine (and it's already been updated with the hex that makes it easier). Did you buy a shorter hex to reduce the height?

I lowered my right ramp as you did (i cut my hex post down VS replacing it purely due to lazyness). It's definately a more difficult shot with the left flipper adjusted. I will have to practice or see how people backhand that shot from the right flipper. I still like it better the way it is regardless and wouldnt change it back.

1 month later
#4687 6 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

No can you be more specific? What part do I need to replace and what do I replace it with?

There is a hex post holding up that ramp, you can get a slightly shorter one which can make the shot a little easier (ramp won't be as steep). I forget the specific size of the post, but if you search inside this thread for "hex post" you will see it down a ways. It's not a night and day difference (for me at least) but I found it helpful.

1 week later
#4704 6 years ago

Exact same setup here. It was a big improvement for me.

2 months later
#4883 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does it light up every time you hit the loop and the ecto siren goes off?

Going by memory I believe it lights up when:
-you get an extra ball
-ball save
-during "we got one" mode
-comes on/off during one part of the attract mode

it's expensive and I'd like to see it used more, but was worth it for me.

2 weeks later
#4987 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Loving this game. I've ordered several upgrades: Walking Stay Puft, Purple/Blue armor with exterior UV/purple flashers, PKE Mirror, and translucent rubbers. I also removed the previous owner's purple GI and put it back to white. I'm torn on the center post mod. I don't need it and if I were the only player, I wouldn't even consider getting one. However, wife and kids are really drawn to the game and I want it to be enjoyable for them. The STDM out of the pops and right orbit is causing them a lot of frustration and they might enjoy the game more with the center post. Wife mentioned last night that she feels she'll never reach a multiball in GB. I'm feeling like I need to address it. Dunno.

My .02, tweak the ball save and extra ball settings to be a bit more family friendly. I added the slightly longer flipper bats which helps address the gap (i dont like the center post mod). Wife and kids have been much happier since.

#5036 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you again for the feedback. I believe the machine has under 500 plays.
I have another picture here with the lights on. Would you guys concur that there is a small sliver of ghosting in a few places? If so, should I be concerned it could get worse as I get closer to 1000 games?
If the ghosting doesn't worsen, if I decided I wanted to sell it down the road, would minor ghosting of this nature be of concern to prospective buyers? How much (if any) would this ding the price?

Looks good to me, buy it and enjoy!

4 months later
#5461 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Anyone near Western NC know how to fix a slimmer that MAYBE registers 1 out of 10 hits? This is driving me NUTS! I'd gladly pay you to fix it or put you up in one of our nice cabins on our campground.

My suggestion, start a thread in the tech sub-forum. I don't recall the exact steps when I did mine but it was pretty easy (something along the lines of removing the top piece above the slimer mech, loosening a few nuts and sliding a bracket so there is less distance to close for the switch to activate). But those that have done it before can chime in with more detail (I can also look at mine in more detail if needed) and you should be set + others can reference the thread if the question comes up again.

2 weeks later
#5498 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

sounds like you used the wedge and not the steel bracket and maybe some addition foam???? The wedges were my first attempt, but the targets need to come up so the brackets improve on this. One of the targets is under a circuit board so a washer is getting close.
I am pretty sure the splints stop the previous stern targets from leaning to a side unless your game has the older targets

Link to the latest bracket you designed? I want to give it a try. thnx!

#5505 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Hoping someone can help me out. I really want to fix my PKE/right ramp shot, and saw on a thread that you can remove the 2" hex spacer and replace with a 1 5/8" and it will stop rolling back out. I found the part at marco----> https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-13 but man I hate to pay the shipping on 1 little item (The shipping is almost 4 times the cost of the part) Anyone by chance have this hex spacer I could buy from you?

I was in the same boat (plus i was just too antsy to wait), I cut mine down and just used my tap/die set to clean up the threads. YMMV.

#5520 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I put the carrot flippers on from Marco, granted I don't like the lines on top, but it makes the game much more fun to play.

I put the "ghost trap" flipper decal on top, worked out great.

1 week later
#5556 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Any way to increase the Slimer sensitivity? Just got my game over the weekend, and I think I have the "old" mech because it takes a really solid direct shot for Slimer hits to register.

Just remove the plate that sits @ the top of the mech. Where the wire goes in can be adjusted (close the gap to make slimer more sensitive)

#5558 5 years ago

It's been quite a while since I adjusted mine, but I put a few notes on top of the manual diagram on page 48:

slimer (resized).pngslimer (resized).png
#5584 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Circling back on this Slimer mech because I thought I had it working but then it started acting up again and I feel like an idiot haha. Do I take out and adjust the gap using the little black "half circle" pieces labeled as 1 in the diagram? Also, where is the little white plastic ball above Slimer on that wire supposed to sit? When I thought I fixed it, I had the little plastic ball between those two black half circle pieces.

The white plastic ball fits sandwiched between #2 and #4 (top/bottom) with #1 pieces fitting on either side of it (front/back)

The piece you are adjusting is #8 (with slots in it) allowing it to move back/front to widen or close the gap (less gap = more sensitive)

You might want to see if cscmtp can chime in since he just did it (i am working off memory and looking at the diagram in the manual)

#5593 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Is the slimer suppose to drop all the way down to the playfield? Also when the target is hit to spell ghost, the lights are just flashing all the time. They dont stay lite one at a time.

When you start a new game, hitting the target will bring slimer down. I would just start by going in to switch test mode and then bash slimer, see if he registers.

2 months later
#5787 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I assumed this was a Cliffy, yes what he said. Get a cliffy

They are cliffy rip-offs. Cliffys are much better IMHO

1 month later
#5907 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hmmm...I’ll have to look again very closely. It appears my target is flush with PF but obviously cliffy sits on PF sonthere is a lip there.
If I raise target to be flush with cliffy, won’t that just create a bigger lip to launch from?
I may just yank those cliffys and lay some mylar.

As others have said, cliffys on the drops is overkill for HUO. Not an issue for me since I turned mine off, but I would try removing the cliffys on those and see how it plays.

6 months later
#7165 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

OK, kids. I have some questions. I was seriously considering the purchase of a Ghostbusters pin this week. However; I read through this thread and I’m a little concerned. My family loves the theme but I would consider a couple of them novice players. My teenagers are starting to become decent pinball players. My wife isn’t that good but really likes to play pinball. My concern is that she’ll experience quick plays and not enjoy the game. I’m not sure new code would solve that problem. Should I ditch the thought of buying a Ghostbusters? Is your experience that novice players hate the game? Is there enough toys and new code features to keep the novice player happy?

My 4 and 6 year olds are by no means good pinball players, they love this game regardless. Specially with the new code having more ball saves, etc, etc, I think you would be fine. That being said, like with any game your considering.. find one and play it, let them try it and decide for themselves.

#7200 4 years ago

this will be my first time updating a newer Stern/Spike game. Do you loose your audits when you update? (specifically, I am tracking the number of balls/games, etc)

Edit: do I want a full or quick update?

cant wait to try this tonight

#7204 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Not sure about the audits. I lost the high scores, which is fine for me.
I didn't get an option for the full/quick update. I think it just did a full automatically.

yeah i just saw the full VS quick in the TXT file, but I am updating now and it did not ask, so i am good there.

as for the audits, looks like you do, but I did a dump first just in case.

appreciate the response.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadenerd925.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=arcadenerd925 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.