IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2005 7 years ago

Does anyone care to share what the street price is on a NIB Pro these days?

#2013 7 years ago

Ouch! Seems steep for a pro.

Thanks for sharing.

1 month later
#2297 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am still waiting on mine GB premium. I ordered it back in November. I keep hearing its coming soon but every week I ask, its delayed again. Now the latest is end of March. Anyone else hearing this?

Wow. That's a long wait!

I ordered a Pro last Monday. It's in transit to me now. Should have it early next week. The wait is killing me!! I can't imagine how you feel.

#2298 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Had some aluminum C channel so decided to make some ball guide extenders to take care of the ball guide hop. Sorry the pics are out of order but difficult to post pics in order from my phone.

You did a really good job. What size C channel, and what did you use to cut it?

#2343 7 years ago

I have a question for those with the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade.

Do you have any speaker light kits installed? If so, how is the fit?

I'd like to upgrade my speakers, but I'm afraid the deeper speakers in the backbox will conflict with the power supply as the speaker light kit adds some depth.

#2345 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With the speaker lights on my Pro I have a 1" gap to the ps.

With upgraded speakers or stock speakers?

#2349 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

When you order your speakers from Flipper Fidelity....it has an option to select if you are planning on using speaker light kits or not. If you select you are using the speaker light kits...they sends the upgraded speakers without the spacer rings attached to the front of them. In that case...the light kit frames are being used for the spacer that the extended tweeter needs.
If you already have aftermarket speakers with the attached spacer rings on the front of them, the spacer rings can be removed. I have explained this on my website here:
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE_Speakers.pdf
I hope this helps,
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks!

#2360 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Can you post picture of speaker lights installed? I'm confused by these - are they 1 color or multiple colors?
Thanks.

It's just a metal frame that acts as a spacer for the speaker. An RGB LED strip is on the inside of the spacer.

It comes with a remote control so you can change it to any color. You can also change brightness.

#2361 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The Flipper Fidelity speakers are an awesome mod. The quality of the audio is very crisp and tight and sounds amazing with the upgraded speakers. Night and day. I got the 10" woofer.

I'm planning on doing this myself. It's only $135 at Pinball Life. The audio in the game is really good. I'm impressed with the music and sound effects. I wish I could attenuate the pop bumper sound effects a small amount, though.

I currently and running it with an external sub. The start of facility multiball is really heavy on the bass! It sounds awesome.

#2365 7 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Hello- looking at possibly getting a GB Premium. Read about how to make the game more playable, but I've only seen a couple posts about installing slightly longer flippers. Any opinion on that to compensate for the center gap?
Thanks

I feel like criticism of the center gap is really overblown. It's not terribly noticeable. My wife, who doesn't play much, had a couple really good games on it yesterday. She thought it was a ton of fun and didn't complain about drains at all.

If you really want to modify the game to make it easier, Pinball Life offers a kit to add a center post. Marco Specialties has some longer "carrot" flippers. Both are really easy to install.

#2368 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm guessing if you don't play a lot, the larger gap is probably less noticeable. It's the people who come into the game with some decent flipper skills that have trouble adjusting. You have to alter you technique and play more defensively on this game or it will make you pay.

That's true.

I think it also takes a few warm up games to get used to the flipper angle, too. After playing other machines all night, then switching to GB, it takes awhile to get used to the shot and play field geometry.

#2386 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

GB Prem will be going right next to my WOZ when it arrives. My kids dont really care about the modes, they just want to bash the ball around and have some fun so I am not really concerned.

WOZ and GB Is a good combo. They'll love it.

#2392 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, that wasn't cool at all.

I was surprised they actually came with protectors, though!

#2419 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Noob putting an order in from pinball life.
I have no pinball parts. Help me put a list together of things I should have on hand for my GB and pinball in general, e.g., extra lights, springs, cleaning products, etc.
Thanks.

Get a full set of standard nut drivers if you don't have them already.

#2423 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What's the best way to straighten with 2x target? It's slightly overhanging the lane.
Thanks.

I've always just manually pushed them straight, then re-tightened the fasteners on the switch from under the playfield.

#2452 7 years ago

I'd like to modify some of the flashers in this game.

First, I'd like to change the under-Slimer color from white to green. I'd also like to change the flasher in front of the fire house to maybe green and tone it down quite a bit. They're all PCB LEDs. Is anyone away of a diffuser tape to change the color and/or dim the brightness?

Second, I'd also like to change the two flashers in the backboard inside the trap. Both of these look like standard bulbs. Are they #89s?

#2456 7 years ago

For the PCB LEDs, I'm going to try these colored filters. $3.17 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NA9A89N/ref=od_aui_detailpages00

#2474 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What range of sizes is best?

A standard (non metric) set is what you want. You'll use the 1/4" and 3/8" a lot. Sometimes, other sizes.

#2500 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

NIB Ghostbusters Pro
What to do for initial setup? Wax? Playfield protector? All thoughts appreciated!

I received my GB Pro almost two weeks ago. Very few tweaks needed. This is what I did:

-Adjusted flippers up, tips up 3/16" (this is my preference, not due to issues)
-Art's airfield protector
-Bent the Scolari targets forward very gently to eliminate a few air balls
-Re-adjusted Slimer

Other than that, I added a few mods. It's been pretty solid out of the box.

#2501 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No you don't want to wax it, have you watched any of those factory tour videos? They polish the hell out of them at the factory.

Agreed. Don't wax.

#2505 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

My GB Premium didn't come with a manual but I did download the one available at Stern's website. It seems to be missing all the drawings which I'm use to seeing (and using) for the electrical and electronics (schematics).
Anyone know where I can get the GB Prem schematics?

Stern doesn't do schematics anymore. It's BS.

#2529 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I haven't figured out what the sound is yet for reversing the flippers.

Agreed. I never know when they switch. Hopefully, they add a louder more noticeable sound in an update.

#2542 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

It doesn't stay reversed. If you listen for the sound during the multiball you will know when it switches back and forth
Junky

Yeah, I can't hear the specific noise. I don't know what it even sounds like. There's so much freaking happening, it's difficult to identify the sound.

#2557 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup I fried U14 on the node board inside the cab by the coin door. Am I stupid or what.

Looks like a switch mode power supply IC. If you can read the part number on the top of it, you can order one from Digikey for a couple bucks. Who knows what else got damaged. Damage isn't always visible. Might be worth a shot, though.

#2560 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

replacing that part would be such a PITA though

Surface mount is actually pretty easy. I prefer it much more than through hole. That part is an SOIC, so it's not too small. Surface mount pads usually don't have a lot of thermal mass, so the IC pins lift with very little heat.

When putting the part back on, add some flux, line up the part, then solder one of the corner pins. The others just need a little heat, and you're good to go.

1 week later
#2680 7 years ago

I've got a gripe with the DMD.

Animations are great, but it's hard to know what your score is or what ball you're on. There's always scenes or graphics taking up the whole display, and the score is hardly ever shown. Even at the beginning of the ball, you have the skill shot info, but not the score. I rarely know my score until the whole game is over. It's ridiculous to have to stop your game and hold the flippers up to see your score.

I know Gomez always said "the game is under the glass", but Stern waited way too long to transition to LCD. There's a lot happening on these newer games, and more display is required. This game definitely deserved it. A damn shame.

#2797 7 years ago
Quoted from clue2025:

The right ramp hurry up which I think is Gozer. That'd be crap if they didn't update something or whatever but that was annoying. Why put a machine in the bank if there are known problems? Ah well. Here's to Pinburgh with everything from bad to great lol.

Gozer hurry up is the stand up target in the very back to the left of the pop bumpers. Gozer will flash when you're in this hurry up. You can't really see the target from a normal playing position.

2 weeks later
#2860 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Took a deep breath and finally knuckled up to install side art by removing the playfield.
First time doing it, and the only way to do it IMHO.
Not typically a big mod guy, but man do they really complete the game without committing too much scratch!!!
Highly recommended.

They are a really nice add on for the money. Improves the look and adds to the "world under the glass". Worth it!

3 weeks later
#3106 6 years ago

Added the DIY storage facility mod to my Pro the other day. Lots of dremelling and cutting, but it turned out nice. Really like it. MUCH BETTER than the flat plastic. LED action and function seems more obvious now.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG

3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG

#3118 6 years ago
Quoted from lash:

allibaster, where did you buy the DIY storage facility mod

It's out of the Walter Peck Ghostbusters action figure set. About $30 from Amazon or eBay. You have to cut and drill yourself.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-containment-unit-upgrade

#3129 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Does anyone have a diagram of the plunger assembly? Mine came completely apart, springs, rod, washer, etc. I want to make sure I put this back together the right way. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Probably the same as your Star Trek or Metallica.

#3131 6 years ago

Here's a picture of mine.

IMG_0002 (resized).jpgIMG_0002 (resized).jpg

IMG_0003 (resized).jpgIMG_0003 (resized).jpg

Just make sure you get the washer orientation correct.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/perhaps-the-most-ocd-question-ever-asked

1 week later
#3219 6 years ago

I have a Pro. Love it. Wish I would've got the Premium, though. Subway ramp and magna slings are cool.

Go Premium!

1 year later
#5328 5 years ago

Is there anywhere that I can download the sound effects from this game?

I want to make the skill shot successful sound a text tone on my phone for someone specific.

#5336 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look for the misspelled "reinforcment" on the playfield.

I believe that was only the Pro? I think they made multiple runs of that version, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=allibaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.