IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3872 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Could we start a "Fundme" for Dwight to finish the code on his time with Sterns approval?

For sure if he and Stern agree!

3 weeks later
#4035 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

1st Sometimes when I shoot the slimer it goes back into it's "up" position. The modes should start blinking but they don't.
If I then shoot the i.e. Who Got The Dog the mode actually starts.
Thanks for any help

In this scenario, Slimer would actually be showing up as a 'hologram' in the ecto goggles display, and shooting it up that orbit hits Slimer, and simultaneously starts the mode up the orbit (in this case Ok Who Brought the Dog)

#4038 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I haven't checked on that but will, thanks.
Doesn't make sence though no?
Since it should give me the choice of all three lanes. ?
At least someone else has this happened. So at least I can say it's not only my game.
PS Did I mention that GB is a fantastic game?

One of the designs of the game is that you can use the same shot to both finish and start a mode. So for instance in the "Ok Who Brought the Dog" mode, if you shoot the left orbit and left ramp first and then shoot the right orbit last, it will complete the mode and start the next mode (Spook central). Similarly, if you finish the "Ok Who Brought the Dog" mode by shooting the left ramp, the "We Got One" mode will start. You will only get the choice of lanes / modes if the last shot of a mode doesn't start another.

So based on that philosophy, finishing Slimer by shooting the right orbit if he's hiding there starts the "Ok Who Brought the Dog" mode.

#4045 6 years ago

Yep, but he doesn’t show up there every time for his last hit, it seems random whether he goes to the goggles or stays moving for his last hit

3 months later
#4636 6 years ago

Is the color changing Marshmallow Man implemented / coded as per the feature matrix? I can’t say I’ve noticed it changing colour, but I may not have been paying attention!

#4639 6 years ago

The feature matrix says it’s all 3 models (pro/premium/le). I’m curious if it’s not yet programmed, or if there’s even an RGB light there?

3 months later
#4835 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone know if a color dmd is in the works? Game needs one badly.

It's been very strongly rumored... I think they may be waiting on the new code?

2 months later
#5183 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I think there's a lot of cool ways you could 'earn' saves.
- Random pops reward
- Tobins spirit guide reward
- add-on reward to 'esp ability' progress (gives a reason to choose it)
- #of ghosts reward level
- Hitting the 3rd trigger going up the short ramp
- high number of spinner hits before stopping.
- etc...
even if it seems like outlane saves would be too helpful, in general GB games are very short for non pinheads, and you could always turn outlane saves off four tournament play.

Another way might be with the gear side targets on the left. Gives a better reason to hit and collect all of them

8 months later
#6051 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

So that being said, had anyone reverse engineered this thing? It's just a node board with some LEDs right? Couldn't one theoretically be built?

Possibly one of the off-the-shelf node boards? or better still, reverse engineer the protocol?

2 months later
#6446 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'd be happy to be able to see my score and ball number for more than 3.7 seconds of a 5 minute game

And other player’s scores between balls!

2 months later
#6984 4 years ago

There’s been a few brief discussions about working out how the topper works. Has anyone disassembled and worked out what sort of node board is in there? Would be great to get a model number, as well as specific dip switch settings.

#6986 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The topper doesnt work with the game?

It does, and it seems it works as a node, receiving certain commands from the game during certain modes / events.

Since they don’t seem to be in production, and are very expensive, it would be cool to see if one could be replicated by understanding which node board is used, which node number, even reverse engineering specific commands?

1 month later
#7592 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

In case anyone missed it ColorDMD put out the update

The update mentions that it’s for the new type of display (which they have also done for every other machine), does it also have updated colour for the Stern updates?

3 months later
#7936 4 years ago

The SD card has to have the boot image on it, then the new code will be copied from USB. Details and SD card image available here: https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

8 months later
#8859 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

What’s the logic of the Ecto Goggles? I’ll play games where there’s ghost showing the whole time then I’ll play games where I don’t see a single thing the whole time. Is this a mode I’m not getting or is something off with them?

The ghost in the goggles can be collected like any of the 'anti-ghost' symbols around the playfield by hitting the ball around that right orbit. Sometimes the final shot to hit Slimer will also be in the ecto goggles (the slimer toy on the boom will move away, and slimer will be in the goggles). That's about it really.

6 months later
#9355 2 years ago
Quoted from acep51:

I have the latest V1.17 SD Card from Stern in my G.B. Pro current download. Now, when 60 ghosts are captured and the Looping Series starts the timer (21 seconds) will not start running UNTIL I make at least one loop with a ball. If I don't make a loop the game will stay in the Looping Series mode until all the remaining balls in the game are used and game over. When I make at least one loop the timer starts and when the time runs out the game goes back into normal play.
I had an old version V 1.17 before I downloaded this current V1. 17 last month (April 2021). The Looping Timer always started once my shot ball reached the Stay Buff Marshmallow man switch (55 Right Orbit). Once the ball passes switch 55 the Looping Series music starts, but NO timer. The timer remained running for approximately 21 seconds and the game went back to normal game play after the timer reached zero. I had gone into “adj” and switched Looping Series to “OFF” and it made no difference. The game stilled went into Looping Series after the “OFF” was on.
The game played with the timer coming on as soon as the ball passed switch 55 for the first two years I have owned this game. It now seems to have changed after my last SD Card download.

That change to have the left ramp start Looping Supers came in in v1.16 - from the release notes:

- Collecting Ghost and starting Looping Supers, PKE Frenzy, and Mass Hysteria
have changed:
- Looping Supers will no longer stack with anything. All ghost
collection will stop until you play Looping Supers. Once completed
ghost collection will resume.
- Looping Supers will wait to run until you have nothing else
running. While paused the Looping Supers Light will pulse to
indicate its waiting to run.
- Added a Looping Supers ready state. When nothing else is
running the game will go into a state where the only thing
you can start is Looping Supers. Shoot the left ramp to start it.

2 months later
#9528 2 years ago

Nice work on the streams mod @swinks. What's the plan for how the player will activate them to move in?

4 weeks later
1 month later
#9863 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The right ramp? Ok I'll give you that - it's so hard to hit with anything approaching consistency on the premium and it not a very satisfying shot

Agreed on that! Even using a shorter hex post to reduce the height of the ramp fixing some rejects, it's still a very tight shot to make

1 month later
#10164 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There is supposed to be some kind of protector for this hologram mirror?
What is it?
What is it called?
Where can I buy whatever it is?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Here's a full protector:
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p102/Ghostbusters-Ecto-Goggle-Protector-Pinball-Mod.html

Also searching for that one, I discovered this one too (not as complete coverage, but might be neater?):
https://pu-parts.com/ghostbusters-gb-ecto-goggles-protector

9 months later
2 months later
#11372 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What is the problem with the right orbit that I need a protector? If I have a problem in this area I am scratching my head to understand what it is.

It's the fact the ball gets airborne off the shooter lane, as it goes around that right orbit it can rattle around a bit of it's not a smooth transition off the shooter lane

1 year later
#12431 25 days ago

Weird use of coils huh?! I believe they are used for audio crossover?

1 week later
#12477 14 days ago
Quoted from Zooski:

TheCnyPinGuy
Yes…..the destructor! What is that???

From the rulesheet over here: http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-rulesheet/1358

Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man:

Phase 1: Start by “choosing the form of the destructor”. Four shots are lit with multipliers, some of which start at 2x or 3x, but they slowly decay to 1x. Hitting any shot will lock in that multiplier for the rest of the mode.

Phase 2: You have about 20 seconds to hit unlimited shots and damage Stay-Puft - all shots are lit for 3.5M + 125k each shot, times your initial multiplier. After 20 seconds, you advance to phase 3. If you drain during phase 2, you must start it over on your next ball.

Phase 3: The right ramp, left ramp, and left orbit are lit for three more shots, building off the current shot value as before.

Phase 4: Finally, right loop is lit, ball will be caught by post and you’re instructed to cross streams to save NY. Post releases the ball, and final shot is back at the right loop. The hurryup value is based on the total points scored so far in the mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Zzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.