IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1589 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

CrazyLevi has him beat.

Hell yes he does! CrazyLevi is the King of Ghostbusters bashing. lol

1 month later
#1813 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Love my Ghostbuster pro pin so much i had to go all the way ....just opened this bad boy today

Looks awesome....congrats!

2 months later
#2025 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Well, I went ahead and Hooked it up anyway. Voltage meter reads 10V and the LED says its a 6.5V bulb... but seems to be working fine so far. I guess worst case scenario it burns out fast and I need to buy another with a resistor.

That looks awesome!

#2057 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Thanks Paul (and bhwolf). I was just wondering if there's a way to know if purchasing without seeing it (since it's in the box) is a good plan. I thought that there was a way to minimize risk by comparing serial numbers. Know what I mean?

If it was me, I would just buy a freshly made one that has a much better chance of having a good playfield. It's the same money probably so why not get a newer one?

#2059 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Well that's the thing. It's not the same money. I can make an offer. Know what I mean?
You're right, same money it's a no-brainer, just buy a new one and get a warranty with it.

How much do you think that you can buy it for?

1 week later
#2078 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Thanks for the info! I passed on the deal. The gamble seemed too great.

Smart move! Just get a new one with a recent playfield date.

#2086 7 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Greetings all! I've always wanted to have a collection at some point, finally started that journey recently. NIB GB Pro will be my first, but not my last. I just wanted to introduce myself since I'll obviously have a ton to learn about upkeep and maintenance going forward.

Congrats.....you wont be disappointed in GB at all, Ghostbusters rocks!

#2090 7 years ago

Well I am officially a member finally! Machine looks beautiful, the switch at the top of the subway ramp wasnt registering on every shot but I bent it out a little and it registers 100% of he time now. Ghostbusters is an absolute blast! The ball does stay in the pops a long time, is there anything people do about that like maybe turn the power down on them? Can you even do that? My game is set up with the bubble in the middle where its suppose to be as far as the slope goes.

#2096 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Tips:
Set the bubble high between the lines
Update to the latest code . I'm not sure if there is any code in for it, but Stern
could add a timer to stop the pops for a few seconds after a set time limit letting the ball out.
I'm currently on 1.13 about 7 degrees and I don't ever see sustained pops.
(Mine is a premium which could be different than the pro in regards to pops behavior)

Thanks for the tips Chuck, I have the Premium as well. Two other things I did was lower the trough eject to the lowest setting which is 175 I believe and my left scoop was shooting the ball right between the flippers and I remember someone saying to put that on 22 I believe. I did that and now that issue is fixed also. Im definitely going to add a little more slope to the playfield like you suggested when I get home today.

#2098 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Congrats! I'm also really enjoying mine, but there is definitely some dialing-in to do in the beginning. I had the same switch issue on the right orbit and am experimenting with bending the metal. My right ramp switch also doesn't register 100%. Any ideas there besides bending the switch? Could some of these issues be software related?

Thanks Spelunk! I really love this pin and can't wait to get it dialed in just perfect. Wonder how hard the Stay Puft mode is to get to? I'm guessing that's the wizard mode right?

#2102 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd call it a mini wizard mode.

What is the main wizard mode? I figured stay puft would be the mac daddy!

#2121 7 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Scare feature is great until you're alone in the dark when it's foggy out.

Or until it goes off and wakes up your wife or gf late at night and she's ready to kick your azz! It is cool but I disabled mine because its just too loud. I may turn it on if I have company over though.

#2126 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

When I was at RetroVolt Arcade in Redlands for their grand opening (3 hours) I heard the scream 4 times. Just had an LE and Prem on while working at the Museum of Pinball for 8 hours and never heard it. Maybe it's disabled at MoP but I doubt it.
Is the scream random?
Is it part of attract mode?
Does it happen when someone is playing?
FYI - I get my Prem on March 25. Thanks for helping.

The scream I believe is random
I don't think it's part of the attract mode
Happens when you are playing
You also have to disable it in the adjustments settings. It's called scare feature and it's default is set to on.

#2135 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Looks like I'll be picking up a GB Premium next weekend. It was new in box back in October. I have seen pics of the machine and the insets look good after about 100 plays.
Is it my understanding that insert issues have been resolved on these later runs, or is it hit and miss? Very excited about joining the GB group!

I havent heard but maybe one or two with ghosting problems after September so I think its pretty much been resolved. There is always going to be playfields that ghost because theres just no way you can have 100% perfection on a playfield, but I think the issue that was causing so many ghosting playfields has been resolved. You couldn't have picked a better game, congrats!

#2156 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Agreed! We played just Ghostbusters for about 2hrs straight last night & my best game was 177 million - then my 14yr old daughter who grew up on pinball scored 757 Million..... I remember her having a monster multiball but not much more. Hate it when the kids beat me at stuff - it's why I stopped playing Xbox! Getting old sucks!

Lol....that's funny but it's not funny. I was just telling someone that yesterday that even in pinball that your skills diminish as you get older. I feel your pain though for sure.

#2157 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I finally got to the stay putt mode but didn't know what I was doing
Can someone explain the stay puff mode on a pro for me, and on the pro does he change colour and how.?

I finally reached him tonight also and had two balls left. I put my mean face on and was prepared to kick his fat marshmallow Azz, and drained my last two balls pretty much instantly! I was so pissed that I wanted to break something!

#2159 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Getting high scores on this game is all about the playfield multipliers. The other day I started "Don't Cross the Streams" with 6x running and I think I scored something like 450 million on just the video mode alone.

Yep you are right for sure. What is your best score on the new code?

#2163 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Ok premium / le owners... I just played 1 game - beat who let the dog out, then was shooting for the left orbit - OMG - hit the 2x standup & the ball flew all the way back over the flippers and drained, went for it again, hit the 2x again - this time the ball flew diagonally across the playfield over the right slings & drained. Third ball shooting for the big ramp - hit the ramp and the ball jumped and smacked the glass - this game is possessed! I've got Arts ball hop protector ordered, but do the flippers need to be turned down? I'm afraid to play it

Arts protectors will fix most of the air balls. You should be able to play it until you get them I'd think? Arts protectors have a protective film on them......have fun taking that off! I think Art did that just to have some fun with us.

#2167 7 years ago

Sorry dog you! I like to never got those damn things off! I wasn't even sure if there was a protective film over them or not after trying for about 15 minutes. Lol

#2175 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's decent, but nowhere near some of the crazy scores I've read about here ...

Thats a good score, nice job!

#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Streaming Ghostbusters tonight at 7:30p EST. Little walk through for the first hour then league finals play until we are done.
http://twitch.tv/boomgo_pinball

Can't wait!

#2184 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I disabled timing out modes but kept everything else factory

What does that mean exactly? Sorry I just got my machine and don't know much about it yet.

#2187 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you don't complete a mode and the timer runs out, you don't advance to the next mode. You have to complete the mode before you can play the next one. Factory settings allow you to play the next mode should you run out of time and not complete mode. Also, factory settings will put you back into the mode you were playing should you drain during a mode. Taylors adjustment makes you re-qualify a mode if you drain while playing one. Much much harder to advance through the game.

Yeah that does sound a lot harder. GB is already hard enough for me so I think I'm leaving mine on the factory settings.

#2189 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

once you get the shots dialed in you'll progress pretty deep.

It probably is fun like that I'd say. I think GB is pretty great no matter how you play it. It's my most favorite machine for sure!

#2205 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Old code I think I got there once in like 100 games. Now I get it like as often as HOTK on GOT

So you get there like every single game then right?

#2219 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Installed Meph's terror dogs today they look superlative.

Them Terror Dogs are pretty cool, may have to get me a couple of those!

#2221 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

and LED the eyes!

No doubt, how cool would that be? Good idea!

#2231 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Symmetrical Book Stacking installed by the library. (made sense to me to mount it by the library).
Most people mount it on the right near the Symmetrical Book Stacking newton ball.
This takes advantage of the flasher reducing the blinding light yet makes the books look nice with the flashing glow.
» YouTube video

I like your videos on YouTube Chuck, thanks for all the good info you put on there!

#2232 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

How did you adhear the dog to the pin?

I am wondering about this as well, anybody care to comment on this?

#2246 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

these ?
amazon.com link »
they look kinda of wide in size. Do you have a close up pic on how your applied the dot?

The ones in the link I noticed were 1/2" diameter but they also sell some that are 1/8" in diameter. I wonder if the 1/8" ones would be better to mount the dog with? His feet look really small so I'm thinking the 1/8" ones may be better?

#2249 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Heres link for 1/8 but it doesnt say removable.
amazon.com link »

The guy from glue dots said they are not considered removable. He said they do make some 1/4" ones that are removable but I didn't find them. If 1/2" worked for you it should work for us, just seems like that may be a little big?

#2252 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I no longer have the orifinal packaging, but it was either that or something similar. You can carefully pull a dot (or a portion of a dot) from the sheet and sort of roll it on your fingertips like a booger. I used the "booger technique" for the bottoms of the terror dog's feet, er, paws.

"The booger technique" lmao

That was hilarious!

#2259 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good to hear. Ya gotta keep an eye on those things, I usually check mine every 6 months or so especially if ya got friends that like to shake your games.

That's no sh*t man, I can't believe how quick the leg bolts come loose on pinball machines. As far as the shaker motor goes, I turned mine down on medium on Ghostbusters because it was shaking way too hard at times. Medium actually feels right also, feels like that should be the default setting.

#2262 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The shaker setting doesn't control the power of the shaker....just how often it's used.

Well that may be true but I can guarantee you that it doesn't shake the machine nearly as violently when you change it from maximum to medium use. One of the settings is also "long" use and the other three are minimal, medium, and the default is maximum. That kind of indicates to me that it could also affect the speed of the shaker motor. I don't really know, all I know is when it's on maximum, it shakes the machine too hard for my liking. My other machines are on maximum and they are fine, but I don't like GB on maximum.

#2275 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I tried increasing the power last night but I might have had the wrong menu option. I think it maxed out around 60. I will take a closer look at that tonight. Do you happen to know the menu item number?
Thanks.

I am thinking its #12 in the ghostbusters adjustment menu.

#2281 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks. I think it was #11. I tried 60 and that didn't work then I tried 20 and that perfectly drops it on the left flipper with the option to dead bounce to right.

You're welcome. I put mine on 22. I'd like to set it on 60 so it comes out fast but it goes SDTM too often so I just leave it on 22 now.

#2300 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am still waiting on mine GB premium. I ordered it back in November. I keep hearing its coming soon but every week I ask, its delayed again. Now the latest is end of March. Anyone else hearing this?

I would call some more distributors, that doesn't even sound right to me.

#2327 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

My issue is that the distributor doesn't keep them in stock and has to order from Stern. Plus its a premium.

Find a new distributor and have them ship you one.

#2351 7 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Just completed a 1.9 bil game finished ballroom and close to Stay puff, but tilted out... Naysayers be damned GB is freeking awesome. Soon all 3 ladders will be completed...soon...

I am feeling exactly the same way as you are right now about GB! GB Premium the funnest pinball machine that I've ever played hands down.

1 week later
#2503 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

NIB Ghostbusters Pro
What to do for initial setup? Wax? Playfield protector? All thoughts appreciated!

I put mine together and play it about 400-500 games before I clean it and wax it.

#2552 7 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Just got mass hysteria for the first time. Is it normal for the flippers to act strange during that mode?

Lol....this just gave me a good chuckle!

It sure doesn't seem normal does it?

#2577 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I'm in the club!

Congrats! You made a good choice!

#2619 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

That shaker is so damn intense, this is what im thinking. something has to be loose.

I put mine on medium setting because it was shaking the machine way too much on maximum. It's perfect now.

#2621 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes. If you feel the shaker is too much. You want to make a manual adjustment. Both weights are currently set the same. So set one 90 degrees out if phase with the other. Result 50% reduction in intensity.
The menu adjust only controls frequency and duration, but not intensity.

Im sure you are correct but my first reaction was to change the settings in the menu and it worked and it feels perfect now so that is an easier fix than making a manual adjustment. Everyone may not get the same result as I did but its worth a try imo.

#2634 7 years ago

PanzerFreak you are not going to be sorry I promise you. You are getting the coolest damn pinball machine that you have ever played imo. Congrats man, that's awesome! Get Art to send you a air ball protector and lane guide protectors or sling protectors (whatever he calls them) like right now and hopefully you will get them before you get your game. They are very professional looking and they look like they are factory.

#2653 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I just bought a premium from a distributor and they are going to ship it tomorrow.
after seeing all this stuff about ghosting inserts it starting to make me second guess the purchase.
is this something that has been fixed? or am I taking a gamble?
is there a certain date that stern started making them right?
if so I'll probably go with dialed in or something.

Take a deep breath and relax lol. Your machine will be made way after the bad runs and the ghosting is a non issue now. Anything made october 2016 and after will be fine. Only thing I would reccomend to you would be to turn the ball trough eject setting down to the lowest setting which is 175 I believe because the trough eject is set from the factory way way too hard and could damage your shooter lane IMO.

#2654 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Take a deep breath and relax lol. Your machine will be made way after the bad runs and the ghosting is a non issue now. Anything made october 2016 and after will be fine. Only thing I would reccomend to you would be to turn the ball trough eject setting down to the lowest setting which is 175 I believe because the trough eject is set from the factory way way too hard and could damage your shooter lane IMO.

P.S. oh yeah, you just bought the best damn pinball machine there is too! GB is a total blast

#2656 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

awesome, yeah I really liked the game. At least the few games I was able to play.

You are going to absolutely love it. Its my favorite game of all time. It can be frustrating at times because its a hard machine but its a blast to play overall.

#2669 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, they do prevent dimples.

I doubt that seriously

#2670 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would anyone recommend installing a full playfield protector on new Ghostbusters Premium? I'm wondering if it's worth the extra expense and time investment. I won't have my game for at least a couple weeks.

Nope....too much trouble. That playfield will be fine and last forever in a home environment. Just keep it cleaned and waxed every so often and put new balls in the game once a year.

#2675 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Do you have any on your pins?

No and I don't want any on my pins either. Let's just suppose that they do prevent dimples. If that's true then the protector is so hard that there's no way in hell that it plays the same as a pinball machine that doesn't have one. Playfield protectors are overkill, just play the game and enjoy it. A game should last forever in a home use environment anyway if taken care of.

#2681 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've got a gripe with the DMD.
Animations are great, but it's hard to know what your score is or what ball you're on. There's always scenes or graphics taking up the whole display, and the score is hardly ever shown. Even at the beginning of the ball, you have the skill shot info, but not the score. I rarely know my score until the whole game is over. It's ridiculous to have to stop your game and hold the flippers up to see your score.
I know Gomez always said "the game is under the glass", but Stern waited way too long to transition to LCD. There's a lot happening on these newer games, and more display is required. This game definitely deserved it. A damn shame.

Agree 100% and it's not just limited to GB either. Pretty sure my GOT and TWD do the same thing.

#2682 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I also just finished a video for my Ghostbusters...keep free to check it out and subscribe to my channel!
» YouTube video

Good video!

#2702 7 years ago

Looks damn good!

#2809 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

No. But you need to get some glue in there from the top>down (gravity will send the glue down from the top) , clamp it, let dry over night before removing the clamps. Then add the inside bracket which can help keep it in place, but it wont pull in back together.
Use the long clamps found at home depot, Menards, or your favorite hardware store.
I have several of these clamps. I use them all the time. They work great on all sorts of things.

Hate to ask you to post a picture Chuck but could you show us people who are not handymen what kind of clamp that you are talking about? These cabinets separating like this is concerning. That would really suck.

#2813 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Always slip a piece of wood between the clamp the thing being clamped to prevent any marks or indentations.
I used clamps to squeeze back together several of my arcade machines which separated (before I bought them)
I have at least 4 big ones like this. They come even longer yet.

Oh ok cool I've seen those. Thanks for posting that, I'm sure that will help somebody out that's having trouble.

2 weeks later
#2923 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Just finished my Storage Facility mod on my pro. Really happy with how it turned out. Sooooo much better than that flat piece of plastic.

Looks awesome!

#2938 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Try lowering the trough eject power, which will also save your shooter lane from getting chewed up.

You know, there may definitely be something to what you just said. When I first got my machine I put the trough eject power to the lowest setting which was 175 I think and I had zero problems at that setting. After I installed my cliffs I bumped that up a little and have had 2 balls eject out into the trough at the same time a few times. I'm gonna put mine back down on the lowest setting. My first thought would be no way to your answer but as soon as you said that I instantly was like wow that explains my problems with the 2 balls ejecting into the shooter lane! It doesn't really make sense but I think you're right.

#2940 6 years ago

No I think you're right for sure. I can't explain it but I definitely think you're right.

#2988 6 years ago

This is the first pin where my 4 year old scoots a chair over, turns it on and plays all by herself. Don't care what the haters think, we love it.

Definitely agree, this is the funnest game in my collection period. I can't believe there is so much controversy about this game, crazy!

#3004 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just got my GB Prem and wow, so much fun! Its like Iron Man on steroids with a lot more to shoot! So is 5 billion a good score on this thing or no? Just had a fun game!

Yes 5 billion is a great score. You scored that and you just got the game?

#3019 6 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

You might need to adjust the switch it is rolling over instead of removing factory Mylar

The Mylar is what the problem is, not the switch.

2 weeks later
#3165 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn't see any one mention this new mod from Hooked in the thread so far, river of slime mod is just cool one of the best mods I have seen for GB, check it out!

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p103/Ghostbusters-Slime-River-Pinball-Mod

I kinda like the green slime, may have to pick this up soon. Are you getting a GB Jon?

#3168 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

who-dey pink is the only choice, it's the river of slime man cmon!
Yeah I am it wasn't planned pretty much fell in my lap so to speak made an awesome deal for a POTC & GB.

I know but I love that color green and besides, GB and green go together! Are you getting a Pro, Premium, or LE?

#3209 6 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

What are the main differences between pro, premium, and le?

The Premium has the Subway ramp, magna slings, ecto goggles (not a big deal) and a different right ramp also and nicer playfield toys. I think that's about it but I'm tired and sleepy and could be forgetting a thing or two possibly. The subway ramp and magna slings alone make the purchase of the Premium worth the extra money though. The Pro isn't a bad machine either but if you can afford it I would go Premium.

#3258 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Just as an FYI, after removing the mylar I had a ball go through the right orbit that still didn't trigger that rollover target during a scene. It was another top speed shot, maybe it is ricocheting off the wall on the right as it nears the target and skipping over it? I've hit a few more top speed shots at it and it did trigger though, so I'm not sure.
Is there any kind of trick to hitting that right ramp on the Pro? It seems nearly impossible to time the flip properly.

Had to be a fluke I think because since I removed my mylar that switch has registered 100% of the time.

1 week later
#3305 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

know the feeling
I got it for the second time yesterday on the last ball to only launch the ball up behind the library and got caught, slid the glass and tried to then drop the ball down the shooter lane to give me time to slide the glass up and tilted the game lol

Now that sucks and is some bad luck there!

#3319 6 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Joined the club tonight!

Congrats!

2 weeks later
#3402 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey guys! I currently own TWD premium and a 1977 Bronco EM. I am looking to potentially add another pin to my gameroom. I am stuck between Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park. So I ask all of you GB owners, is this pin worth owning? If so, why and if not, why not?

I think GB Premium is an awesome game. It's beautiful, has great sound and animations, but you will definitely get frustrated at times for sure with it. I personally do think it's worth owning and I love mine but you already have a pin that is brutal in TWD.

I think the best thing you could do is go play one yourself and put alot of games on it and decide for yourself. About half of my friends hate GB and half of them like it. There are other good choices out there also. You have AS which is amazing IMO, the new Star Wars looks promising, GOT is also really good, and i hear Spiderman is also.

1 week later
#3450 6 years ago

Just curious, what are some of your guys high scores on GB?

#3456 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

5billion and some change

Nice score, only about 2.3 billion here.

#3481 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looked for the video, did you post?
Btw...
I'm in the club

Congrats on your new game! The GB video is up from Kevin on Twitch. He is a good player and you can learn a lot from his Ghostbusters videos.

#3485 6 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

So glad I didn't listen to the naysayers on this one this is the most fun I have had playing pinball in a long time.

Here's what I have found with Ghostbusters. If im not really into playing and turn the game on to play a few games I always do terrible seems like. I've even thought to myself.....good God what a freakin drain monster this game is, but if I am serious and really try hard I can have some good games and a lot of fun usually. This game here, you really have to be into it seems like to do well. It's like TWD, you have to be prepared to fight with it. I can see where new and casual players could hate this game. I personally think the flipper gap was a mistake and they shouldn't have made it that way, or they should have at least put a center post in there. It doesn't bother me too bad because I'm a decent player, but for players that aren't very good I can see why some are turned off by this game.

#3487 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Tomorrow is the big day! My NIB GB Premium is being delivered tomorrow and I'm looking forward to becoming a member of the club at long last.

Congrats, you made a great choice and you ate going to love it!

#3500 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

This has probably been asked to death but a quick google search showed old results -- for those of you that have played both -- how do you feel about GB vs TWD (Pro versions) after the code updates and general gameplay? I'm considering attempting to trade my TWD for a GB because I'm a GB fanatic, but I want to make sure I'm making the right call. I don't have a place to play on location, sadly, so Pinside is my main information area.

I love my GB and my TWD both a lot, but if I had to get rid of one it would have to be GB. TWD is a masterpiece.

#3506 6 years ago

Agreed. I have a GB Premium and a TWD Pro. I love both, but TWD is the better and more complete game (especially with the sound mod). If we're comparing Pro to Pro, it's not even close.

Same here, GB Premium and TWD Pro. They are both keepers for me but TWD just has it all and it's so challenging that no average player is going to ever master it get bored with it.

#3509 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I have both in the Premium versions. I plan on keeping them both. However, if I HAD to get rid of one it would be the GB. TWD is just a better game. You can just enjoy it right out of the box without changing anything. GB requires tweaks and mods immediately. Mine STILL isn't perfect. About 10% of the auto-plunges still make the ball hit stay puft and then bounce around for example. Airballs are CRAZY and require a mod to stop them. Also, the more I play GB, the more I dislike the flippers. There's definitely something different with the FEEL. I haven't tried adjusting the switches yet but they just feel clunky compared to TWD (and others). Trying to do a post pass is a real pain in the ass for example. A brand spanking new pin should NOT have as many problems as GB does.
I know you asked about the pros. GB pro is missing some of the vital components that the Premium has. These extra features are important. The evil magna slings, subway ramp/lock, and horizontally moving slimer for example.
You may regret trading out your TWD for the GB. Especially if you're going GB Pro. You should play one first.
Just my opinions...
Junky

The post passing problems has something to do with the new spike system. That does kinda suck for sure. It can still be done but with far less success.

#3530 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Hey all, pretty new here after lurking for some time however I have a GB Premium on the way this week.
So far I have the lane plastics, the airball plastics, Scoleri springs, and a shooter lane kickout protector kit from pinball life.
I do have additional things coming from Cliff but that will be a few weeks out.
I plan on using some painters tape at the ball drain until I get everything, but not sure what I can really do around the drop targets for now. The thought of having to leave a NIB pin alone and unplayed until I can get everything is killing my wood.
Am I being over cautious? Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for having me,
G

I played mine while I was waiting on my cliffy's, I say play it and enjoy it. The biggest thing that I recommend on GB is that you turn down the trough eject power because it very possibly could damage your shooter lane IMO. The ball shoots out into the shooter lane ridiculously hard compared to other pins. I turned mine down to the lowest setting and it works just fine. GB is a great game and you are going to love it!

#3534 6 years ago

I didnt bother with the drop target cliffys, in fact, I turned them off, they annoy the crap out of me. lol

I have thought about turning them off also. I think the game would be better off without them, especially since they never drop when you hit the damn things. I know I can cut some off of the spring to help the issue but I just haven't done it yet. I wish they would have never been put into the game though truthfully.

#3537 6 years ago

Thanks for the tip guys, i will try that as soon as I get a chance. I thought people were cutting the springs down a couple of coils.

#3551 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I would pass on Arts protector only stops the right target before the the ramp, the left target does nothing to stop airballs, the material on Arts, does not cover enough of the left target to stop air balls, infact not even 1/2 the ball is covered when it hits the target (I even modified it to as per his recommendation). Also when ball goes up the ramp it grazes the protector, slowing the ball speed up the ramp, even modified and washers.
skip Arts and choose a better design.
Trying CPR9999's set of 2, will report back later.
see here » YouTube video

Dude Arts protectors work great so stfu already. You're not going to make to many friends here being a new member and coming on here and publicly trashing one of the nicest and most well respected people on this forum. Art did a HUGE favor to all GB owners by making the protectors for this game. You should be ashamed of yourself for real.

#3570 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Just b/c I signed up 4 months ago doesn't mean I haven't read and viewed and browsed the forums/website for along while, mostly b/c your users like yourself, I could have been nicer I guess, I didn't cuss, I didn't threaten anyone.
See for yourself, it may b/c Stern made changes to the playfield so yeah the current design does not work as intended even modified with and with washers you can clearly see the ball will hit going up the ramp slowing the ball, I worked with Art, nice guy, but the product falls short for me. pictures attached, proof.... happy?
Guessing here, but maybe the 2017+ GB builds, this protector may or may not work. I think there is room for improvement regardless.

Well maybe if you would have said that Arts protectors don't work on newer games it would have been different, but you just said "skip Arts and use a better design." My apologies for being nasty with you but Art is a great guy and it pissed me off.

Not being rude but I gotta ask.....why are you wearing latec gloves?

#3590 6 years ago

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Stay Puft is one of the coolest modes in a pinball game ever? I still haven't defeated him yet but I think the shots and the animation is way too cool!

#3594 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

There is a mechanical switch at the top of that ramp that may need some adjustment. It is right next to the 14 Street sign.

Yep this here ^^^

Also if your switch under the ecto goggles doesn't register on hard fast shots, there is a piece of Mylar between the ecto goggles and that switch that is causing the problem. Take that off and that switch will register 100 percent of the time.

#3605 6 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Congrats! GB Pro is my only current one (TAF and Austin Powers in the past). Wanting a second one eventually....SW Pro or GOT Pro are my desired. Maybe LOTR, but I don't want to spend more than $5,000...thoughts?

TWD Pro is awesom, AS Pro is awesome, and GOT Pro is awesome as is Kiss Pro. I just played SW Pro and it's good but I like all the games I mentioned better personally. I know a lot of people will say I'm nuts for saying KISS but it's pretty bad ass honestly. I put some good time on one tonight.

#3634 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

also do not forget MARSHMALLOW multipliers... hard to master and get them, but these + the PF X2X3 will explode yours scores

Marshmallow multipliers?

#3653 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

For the bros. Hit the right target with the right flipper and the left target with the left flipper (back hands). Works way better than trying to hit them head on.
For the PKZ shot, if you haven't modified the stand up under the ramp, then do so. You can buy a shorter standoff and replace it, then the ramp works SO much better. It becomes a fair shot (still hard, but doesn't bounce around and come out).

This probably sounds weird but I kind of like that right ramp shot being difficult. I can actually hit it pretty good now most of the time. The difficulty adds to the excitement of the game though I think.

#3655 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I can't do that...that is cheating...can't brag if I cheat

That's how I feel also lol. I won't move the outlane in or anything. I'm weird I guess. ....oh well at least when I crank out a monster score I can say it's legit!

2 weeks later
#3698 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Slimer will go away, but you still need to hit him in the goggles to light the modes.

The slimmer is suppose to light the modes also after you hit him two or three times. I know exactly what he is talking about and what is strange is I've just recently noticed my game doing this very same thing occasionally. As far as I know, once you hit the slimer and he goes away, all of your mode lights should be flashing at that point and occasionally they don't.

1 week later
#3731 6 years ago

For the right orbit (where it appears to fly over the switch if you smash the ball up there) for whatever reason I just didn't feel like pulling up the mylar like most have done. Decided instead to just play around with the switch itself. Took a few tries but I have appeared to bend the wire so that the ball still triggers it no matter which way its hit up there.
10 games in (so, small sample size) so far so good. Will see how it goes.

Instead of dicking around with that switch, why not just take 2 minutes and remove that piece of Mylar from the playfield? It's not going to hurt a thing and your shots will register 100% of the time and they will be smoother as well.

#3732 6 years ago

As far as the right ramp goes, I don't really understand why some of you are making it easier. No offense to the people that have but this shot is meant to be hard and it adds to the fun of the game because it is so hard. The right ramp shot is very makeable with practice. What's next, longer flippers and closing off the outlines? If I bust out a big score on GB, I want my game to be the way JT designed it to be so I can brag about my score. GB is hard as hell, but that's kind of a good thing because it makes you a better pinball player. It forces you to make good shots.

#3734 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"..so I can brag about my score. GB is hard as hell"
The key to a grand champ score is setting the table with multiplers, then hitting the left ramp during Stay Puft. That's it.
Right ramp is just for fun. No need to fix it or shoot for it.

Some modes require you to hit the right ramp.

1 week later
#3779 6 years ago

"..if Stern left it permanently unfinished."
Not to mention damage you'd do to the shooter lane after months of doing the skill shot bug trick! That alone is a non-starter for me. Played on-route and lost interest in everything after 5 plunge tricks. Really sloppy stuff, no offense

How are you going to damage the shooter lane?

#3784 6 years ago

Depends on technique when Jack danger did it he'd slap the right side of the machine pretty hard each time. Also takes about 3 attempts for every shot equals more wear and tear (too many points at stake not to try--hence the problem)

Dude that is not going to damage the shooter lane lol. Come on man u can't be serious!

#3786 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Ghostbusters for Stern Arcade is now out for Xbox one - https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10155730574754244
I wonder if it includes "Are you a god" or any fixes... hopefully we see a code update if it does...

Hopefully it hits the PlayStation in the next few days too. I've only been waiting like a year now. I'm curious to see how it plays in virtual pinball.

#3788 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I will let you know how it is on Xbox.

Not funny smarty pants

1 week later
#3849 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not true. He should register consistently no matter how you hit him.

This is true, although I doubt any of them ever register with every hit, at least from the factory. Mine registers most of the time but it does need to be a good solid hit usually. When a glancing blow doesn't register it doesn't really bother me. I don't view it like a switch that the ball is rolling over or something like that. I find it acceptable for some soft hits not to register.

1 week later
#3895 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Flip the sling rubbers around.
Put the long sling rubber where the post rubbers are and the post rubber where the long sling rubber goes.
There are two notches on metal post for proper positions. Made a Huge difference on my game .

I'm thinking about trying this myself. I think a little more activity with the magna slings would be nice ad long as they aren't too active. So do they still act like normal slings sometimes when the rubbers are switched?

I'm curious to see how many people here in this thread have switched them around and how they like it. Please come forward if you have done this GB owners and let me know. Thanks!

#3899 6 years ago

Well I just switched mine and it is absolutely a lot better game now! This game should come from the factory like this. Thanks for the tip golfingdad!! Everyone that owns a Premium/LE should do this.

#3923 6 years ago

Glad you all have theories on how to re-imagine the game, but let’s not get our hopes up for a complete revamp. Final code drop will probably include a wizard mode that is not broken, and bug fix to the skill shot, score balance. All good stuff.

This is kind of what I am thinking. I wouldn't expect anything too drastic at all.

#3946 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I got one!!
Just pulled the trigger on a HUO with low plays and a lot of mods.
Shaker, topper etc
I'm super stoked!!
Pick it up Wed
Finally! And with new code coming soon! Yeah baby!

Congrats! you won’t regret it. Make sure you reverse the rubbers on the slings to make the magna slings more active. It’s a must to do that I promise.

#3950 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

What do you prefer?
Listening to who brought the dog which takes about a second or to rats in the cellar over and over again since that "is" the mode you should start with AS?
Ok if it's not Rats then it is sweat emotions.
You can choose three different modes in GB.
Yeah you can choose 7 in AS but then again not really can you if you want to get somewhere "fast"
I much prefer GB to having to listen to AS all night long.
I've played AS at my friends place and since it's his only pin at the moment, after 1hour I pretty much heard it.
Why do people call GB linear?
Has anyone played Pinball Magic?

The songs on AS don’t annoy me at all, but every time I hear who brought the dog it makes me want to jump off of a cliff or something.

#3965 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Man I love this game and I hate it. I'm not a terrible player with most games but with GB Prem, I can't advance ladders to save my life it seems. Making the subway ramp or left orbit 6 times out of 10 hits the multiplier targets which is high drain risk, the ghost target is a guaranteed drain most of the time as well. I've adjusted the flippers up a bit and it's helped for some backhand shots and ball control but I still can't consistently post pass (seems to be a stern thing as on B/W it's a non issue). I guess I need to get better is all, but I always seem to drain when trying to get to the third mode on any ladder - 2 modes max for me. If the scoring was more balanced I'd at least feel like I had a decent game, but that would only last so long as I want to see the end modes and no way in hell am I going to add bigger flippers! I see people posting huge scores 300 Mil + and I have no idea how they are doing it. Maybe they are masters of the nudge...

Don’t feel bad, a lot of people get frustrated with this game. I love this pin but I understand people’s frustrations with it as well. I have friends come over and they always fall in love with the game until they play it and see how brutal it is and now they don’t even want to play it when they come over. I have made two changes this week that has gave me new love for Ghostbusters and renewed my excitement for this game.

I reversed the rubbers on the slings to make the magna slings more active and I moved the outlane post in to close up the gap on the outlines a little. These two changes made a drastic difference in this game. First off let me just put it out there that I am against changing a game from the way it comes out of the factory, but I feel like this game needed to be more fun, especially for people who aren’t that good at pinball that come over to my house and play. I won’t go as far as adding longer flippers or putting a center post in (even though I think it should have been designed with one) but I am glad that I moved the outlane posts in.

Also I know before anyone says it, “play better”. I don’t mind doing these adjustments to GB because I don’t view it as a competive pin anyway like TWD or GOT etc, it’s more of a fun pin to me and it needs to be more fun because it can be frustrating for sure. Closing up the outlines really isn’t a huge difference but it’s enough of a difference that it makes the game more fun. I may change it back someday but honestly I doubt that I will because I’m already enjoying the game more since I’ve done this. It’s kind of a pain to get to the post on the right side but nothing you can’t do as long as you have a few tools and a little bit of mechanical ability. I hope this helps.

#3975 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I can't imagine how much better GB will be with ColorDMD. Looks dated sandwiched between SMVE and TSPP, both with colored displays.

Would be a real nice addition I would think

#3978 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

can you shoot a pic of the slings

This is the photo that golfing dad took, but this is how they should be once you reverse them.

612642A7-7664-464C-BC1A-443BF2FD36BA (resized).jpeg612642A7-7664-464C-BC1A-443BF2FD36BA (resized).jpeg

#3984 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I finally did this "mod" today and HOLY MOLY what a difference! I wish I would've done this on day one. It should be like this from the factory. This one little change absolutely makes the magna slings way more active. A must do on any premium/LE imo.

I feel the same way. It makes the game far more fun.

#3986 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I think I read this somewhere before but can't find it anymore.
Sometimes the red insert in the right outlane flashes.
Can't seem to figure out why?
At first I thought/hoped it was a ball save indicator
Does anybody know what it is for?

I thought the same thing but it’s not obviously lol. I don’t know what it is for.

1 week later
#4025 6 years ago

I cleaned and waxed my game up yesterday and it is playing smooth as butter! Reversing those sling rubbers and closing up the outlanes a little made this game fantastic. I feel like I have a brand new game now and I am loving it!

#4027 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I know what you mean,Who-Dey,I shortened the standoff on the right ramp,and now can hit it every time! Before,it was 1 in 5 tries! Better!!

That is something I am probably going to do also. I did put a little wax on it and the ball seems to go up there a little easier but still a tough shot.

#4031 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Are you talking about the right ramp?
I left mine alone. Since it is a rewarding shot (PKE) it almost takes the fun out of it if it becomes to easy. I love the shot the way it is makes me feel a bit like when you make the hole in one shot in NGG.

Yes the right ramp. I can see it both ways. Sometimes it seems like I can nail it with no problems and sometimes it's a real pain.

#4034 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I've been playing GB Pre now for a couple of weeks and have noticed a few things of which I'm not sure if it's my machine or if they are bugs.
The guy who sold it to me had a light board failure and had a new board put in. (from a Pro)
1st Sometimes when I shoot the slimer it goes back into it's "up" position. The modes should start blinking but they don't.
If I then shoot the i.e. Who Got The Dog the mode actually starts.
2nd Sometimes when I start a mode the large Arrow inserts (the ones showing you which shots you have to make) don't light up properly. Once I make a shot they come on.
I'd like to know as the Pin still has got warranty til February.
Bit worried that it had problems with the light board before that this could get worse.
Hooe it's only bugs.
Thanks for any help

I know on my game that the mode lights don’t always blink after slimmer goes up but I’m pretty sure that once I start a mode that the arrows that you are supposed to shoot at always light up?

#4054 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I flipped the sling rubbers and lowered the post on the right ramp and it made a nice difference. If we can get a nice code polish we will be in business.
For those that added a center drain post I want some feedback. Glad you did It? How did you k ow where to drill the hole?

Pretty cool Huh? Bring the outlane posts in and you will have a perfect playing game.

#4056 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

1-1/2 years later, Im still enjoying the crap out of this game!
Always fun and frustrating at the same time!

It’s a great game. It will also make you a better player because you really have to be on your game if you want to score big

#4065 6 years ago

Oh man....wtatumjr is a good guy, be nice!!

#4075 6 years ago
Quoted from Foxis:

Thanks! I had one quick game on location, and I'm sure I will do better in time. Initial impression was just that anyone new to pinball would be absolutely killed by the game. Which may or may not be a good thing depending on who you are....

GB will not leave a good impression on players with low skill levels for sure because it is brutal on noobs. It’s a fun game and can get a lot better with some tweaks but unskilled players generally don’t like it after they play it a few times.

#4077 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Moving in the outlane posts, installing the slightly longer flippers, and switching out the spacer under the right ramp (premium) for a slightly shorter one worked wonders for me. Most people playing mine are not great players, so these changes made the game more fun. As you get better, you can easily switch it back to stock if you want.
Location players obviously can’t customize the difficulty in this way, so many get really frustrated. Tweaked to your liking, I think it is a great game.

I moved the outlane posts in on my game and it made it way better. That is something I’m typically against but on GB it just makes the game feel right IMO.

#4097 6 years ago

Golfing dad is right, removing the mylar will 100% fix your problem abagwell.

#4109 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but, has anyone added the Ecto Goggles (hologram) from a premium model to a Pro model? Is it even possible? Would you have to change the whole board system? Just curious. I have a pro model and wish it had the goggles.
thanks

I don’t know if it’s possible or not but trust me, you aren’t missing anything at all.

1 week later
#4130 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I'm moving the dang outlanes down. That is all.

Do it, you wont regret it! I normally wouldn't do that but this game needs a little help to keep the frustration level down a bit. It won't make a huge difference but it's enough to where it helps you enjoy the game more. Also if you have a premium model reverse the rubbers on the slings. Doing those 2 things will make you enjoy the game much much more I promise you.

#4133 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Pro here, that's neat about the slings though on the Prem+, saw that mentioned earlier. Also yeah, after the initial honeymoon phase of having it wore off I'm wanting to progress more into the modes but about 80% of my ricocheting balls hit the side of the outlane and drop straight down at a right angle, with no chance to even nudge save. That compared with the droopiness of the flippers leading to very difficult ball control is just making it too frustrating. I don't mind the large gap in the middle on its own, but all of that together is too much.

Your story skinds exactly like mine pretty much. Move those posts in and it will help a little and your game will be more enjoyable. It won't change it a ton bit every little bit helps with this game. If you make the change report back after playing it a little and let us know how you like it. Just be careful not to tighten the posts down too tight when reinstalling them. I just snuggled mine up a little and didn't get too crazy tightening them to make sure I didn't damage my playfield.

#4138 6 years ago

Had people over and had all my games on and GB got played ALOT tonight. GB is fun as hell and I don’t understand why there is so much hate for this game. We had an absolute blast playing it tonight. No way would I get rid of this machine ever. I am so hoping the next code update is great and sends this game over the top!

#4143 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

My buddy has a GB pro at his house right now, and we have a blast playing it, so I don't get the hate either. I would like to buy a Premium next year if the stars align properly.
Edit: I suppose if you were stuck with playing it on location and had to put quarters into it, I can see how that would really make you frustrated with some of this machine's cruelty, LOL. But at home on free play, it's pretty darn fun. We just laugh when we get psychologically punched in the gut by the machine, and occasionally it gets tilted.

I do kind of get it I guess, especially a location game like you said. For the people that have it in their house though and make some tweaks to it I don't understand the hate because I have my game set up and it's playing pretty dang good right now. It's brutal at times though for sure. Just like agodfrey said, you have to play safe and smart and make good shots. It makes you a better player for sure.

#4146 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Wish I could say the same, My GBLE has 226 games on it since last update 17/1/17, Tron, I got on 7/7/17 now has 496 games.
GB has been in two pinball comps as well
Just checked latest arrival Mousin Around arrived 29/9/17 and now has 236 games

Well Tron is an great game for sure so I can see why it gets so much love but I really like GB also personally. Seems like I will lay off of GB for awhile and then play it and really enjoy it and wonder why i wasn’t playing it. Do you have the Premium? If so reverse the sling rubbers if you haven’t already done so, makes the game way more fun. I also moved my outlane posts in and you get a few less ball drains from that, it kinda makes the game seem a little less brutal and that of course equals more fun.

#4148 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Why reverse the sling rubbers?

Because on the Premium it makes the magna slings more active and it really brings the game to life. It doesn’t make them too active, just more active than they are from the factory. Don’t ask me why it does either because I really don’t even know why, all I know is it is cool as hell lol. Golfing Dad is the one who told me about it and I’m glad that I took his advice and switched mine around. It’s the best mod you can do and it’s totally free!

#4151 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Nice. I will give it a shot! Thanks!

They will look like this when you reverse them.

F8726211-55A6-495B-A831-0814E4D0F3EB (resized).jpegF8726211-55A6-495B-A831-0814E4D0F3EB (resized).jpeg

#4156 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Done. Thanks! Works great.
I also moved down the outlane posts...I would be lying if I said I wasn’t cussing out the placement of the right outlane post. Having to take off the whole right plastic to move that post blows!!

Lol yeah that right one kind of sucks for sure. Did those two things make this game alot better though or what? I think it's a major improvement in the fun of this game don't you?

#4167 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Has anyone changed out the sling leds to a different color other than those super bright whites ? Pics ?

I haven't but I definitely have thought about it because the white sucks. Maybe a green would look good?

1 week later
#4200 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Anyone who tested a little longer flippers ? Seems it's way too hard.
Ola

I don’t like the idea of longer flippers personally but it’s your game so make it the way that you enjoy it the most and don’t look back. I moved my outlane posts in so that’s cheating a little bit too I guess, even though it really doesn’t make much of a difference.

#4236 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Just make sure you make mention of changed flippers if you log that high score. That really changes the game.. I was always under the impression the reason for the wider gap down the middle was due to having 2 inlanes on both sides..
Im just one of those guys who doesnt understand the point of making the game easier...

The reason for the wide flipper gap is because it is John Tredeau's trademark. I generally like to leave games at factory settings but GB is not fun for alot of people unless they make it a little less brutal. At the end of the day, it's your game so make it the way that you want it and don't look back.

#4253 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

So everybody with these machines should contact Stern and get the kit for preventative measures.....not just if they are having a problem?

Yes, the idea is to put the kits on to prevent your game from having trouble.

#4257 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I just had the most amazing game! Over 25 Billion!!! Had playfield multiplier going several times and saw some HUGE jackpots!!!

That’s insane lol. How long did that game last, about 3 hours?

#4259 6 years ago

Just a FYI for you guys that have a left scoop that shoots the ball SDTM. I just cut a small piece of ball dead drop foam (any kind of foam should work probably) and I stuck it on the left side of my scoop. Now when the ball comes shooting out of the scoop it goes over to the right flipper every time. It’s a very easy fix and the game works as it’s designed now. Before this I had my scoop eject turned down real low so it would barely spit the ball out and dribble it down to my left flipper. Not a big deal but just another tweak that makes this game a little more fun.

8C4EFB63-1EE1-4F2A-B986-B24939DBB17D (resized).jpeg8C4EFB63-1EE1-4F2A-B986-B24939DBB17D (resized).jpeg

#4261 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I added the TV mod from Sparky through Mezel Mod to my GB pro. Looks great.

That is a sweet mod for sure. What other mods have you done to the game? I need to do some modding on mine, GB is the perfect game to mod out.

#4272 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just a FYI for you guys that have a left scoop that shoots the ball SDTM. I just cut a small piece of ball dead drop foam (any kind of foam should work probably) and I stuck it on the left side of my scoop. Now when the ball comes shooting out of the scoop it goes over to the right flipper every time. It’s a very easy fix and the game works as it’s designed now. Before this I had my scoop eject turned down real low so it would barely spit the ball out and dribble it down to my left flipper. Not a big deal but just another tweak that makes this game a little more fun.

By the way guys I got the ball dead drop foam at Pinbits.com in case anyone is interested. It’s just foam with one side of it being sticky and it’s purpose is for balls to stay in games that the ball has a problem sticking in kick out saucers and scoops etc. the reason I bought it is because I have a sample model Jack Bot and the ball doesn’t want to stick in the eye saucers very well sometimes. This ball dead drop foam fixed that problem. Put a piece above the hole underneath the visor and the ball sticks in there like glue now! Here’s the link https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=131&zenid=9b4a6db7b0e9ed93690e7a3c2cd6c1c7

#4274 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

As promised, here are some pics of the mods/addons I have done to my Ghostbusters Pro. I also added some Cliffy protectors in a few spots and game blades on the sides.

Game looks great bicyclenut! You got some really nice mods on there. I need to start modding mine out also. Zach from SDTM has his GB game looking really good also, not sure if he has posted any pics of it in here or not but it looks great. He is really good at modding games.

1 week later
#4383 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I just loosened the three screws and turned it a fraction of an inch, didn’t need to bend anything. Then tightend screws back down.
Firing perfectly to the right flipper every time now!

You can also put a piece of ball dead drop foam on the left side of the scoop and it will fire to the right flipper every time like money!

8F0F6D89-8D79-40B1-B26B-3E4261FA5E45 (resized).jpeg8F0F6D89-8D79-40B1-B26B-3E4261FA5E45 (resized).jpeg

#4388 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Some mods to go with the new code...
Custom Storage Facility
Premium library
Library ghost
Mirrored PKE plastic
Will definitely do green powdercoat and a topper and some point

Looks really nice!

#4393 6 years ago

You’re welcome Spelunk, glad it worked out for you. It makes the game better doesn’t it? Have you reversed your rubbers on your magna slings yet? If not i would definitely recommend doing that also. It makes the game alot better.

#4395 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Yep. Definitely agree on switching the sling rubbers. I’m not a great player, and the game kicks my ass consistently, but I love it. I also love Metallica and thought of swapping one for GB, but just can’t do it. GB is kind of like my 12-year-old son—usually I love him, sometimes I hate him for being a PITA, but he’s family.

Lol yup i hear ya. I just now got my ass kicked so bad that it was damn near depressing. I may fire it up tonight though and get to Stay Puft, thats just the way GB is seems like. I definitely have more bad games than good on it though but i really do love the pin alot, even with its difficulty.

#4398 6 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I just tried this because my replacement playfield scoop was sending STDM. Your idea worked like a charm and took 2 minutes to put in place!
Thanks for the heads up

Awesome, glad to hear it! I cant guarantee how long its gonna work but mines been working for a week or two so far.

1 week later
#4479 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Both great. The deal breaker for me was the magna slings. Couldn’t stand them. To each their own, though.

Huh?

#4505 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After adjusting the springs, my Scoleri targets work great, but I shut them off in the settings anyway. I just don't find them to be much fun. I also think they create a lot more wear and tear on the playfield.

Probably not a bad idea and ive considered doing the same thing because the game is just more fun withiut them.

#4516 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Guys
Can somebody explain how PKE Frenzy is working and how the multiplayer is comming into the scoring please.

I cant explain it but i had going on yesterday and pulled off a almost 8 billion score game! Not sure exactly how i did it but it was fun.

#4583 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Tried this today. Works perfect! Thanks who-dey

You’re welcome jyeakley, glad that it has helped you and a couple of others. There are lots of little tweaks on this game that really help and when you add them all together it ends up being huge for this game. The two other tweaks that i have done and recommend are reversing the rubbers on the magna slings to make them more active and moving the outlane posts in to the closest position to help out with the side drains. Doing those two things right there really changes this game and makes it far more enjoyable. Its still hard as hell and a drain monster but it makes the game much better. As far as the right ramp goes, i have not tweaked it because i kimd of like that shot being difficult. Its not an impossible shot at all, you just have to hit it perfectly in order to make it.

#4587 6 years ago

Where can I find this dead drop foam? My scoop has given me a couple of SDTM ejects recently.

Here you go Dave

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=131&zenid=9b4a6db7b0e9ed93690e7a3c2cd6c1c7

#4589 6 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

This question has probably been asked over 100 times in this thread, but is it normal that I only have maybe 2/3 success rate when hitting the subway ramp using the right flipper? The other 1/3 end up in either an airball that lands on the plastics to the left or the ball just comes straight back down the ramp about half way up. My game is the premium.

Sounds like you need an air ball protector on the ramp to stop the air balls. As far as the ball not making it up the ramp goes, i rarely have that problem ever.

#4592 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you have a cliffy installed for the bros? If so, that is causing the issue no question.

Very true!

1 week later
#4656 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Have you spent much time playing BOTH the premium and the Pro tables? If you can find a way to play each in someone's home collection, I'd recommend you do. Everyone I've ever met who owns a Pro does not like how the premium plays. For me, the game is hard enough with a wide flipper gap and big outlanes, that adding magna-sling randomness pushes the 'luck factor' too high. Others complain the main ramp is harder to hit on premium, etc...
Also this is a terrible game to play 'on location'. Operators almost always have the outlanes set as large as they can go, and the scoop kickers are almost always shooting straight down the middle because they don't adjust them.
Its a great pin, but I'd caution against it being the only pin in your house. It can be pretty brutal.

I have spent considerable time on the Pro and the Premium both because i wanted to know which model that i wanted to buy. I first played the pro model on two seperate occasions and then i went and played a Premium model. I knew immediately that the Premium was worth spending the extra money for. This is coming from a guy that buys pro models only. Instead of buying the pro i kept saving my money so i could buy a Premium. Both models are good but i truly feel like the Premium blows the pro model away when it comes to Ghostbusters. The Subway ramp and the Magna slings are the shit.

2 weeks later
#4688 6 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

The only way I can hit the right ramp on my Premium is if the ball is ROLLING down the left flipper and you hit it with just the tip. I do not believe it can be made reliably from the left flipper if you cradle the ball. It needs the momentum to get around that loop. I see this as a design flaw and really Fs up this particular game. I have actually thought about trying to make a new ramp to replace this shitty design....with that fixed and some minor software upgrades GB could EASILY be a top 10 game.

I can hit my right ramp when I am cradling the ball but its got to me a perfect shot. I actually like that shot being that hard for some reason. I think it makes the game more tense and exciting. I honestly dont have that much trouble making that shot anymore.

#4694 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Same here. I love it being hard.
I haven’t changed any of my settings but every now and then I put some canuba wwx onto the side of the ramp and it makes a huge difference. The ball then just flies up there.

Yes that would make a big difference for sure. I will be sure to hit that ramp with some wax on the next cleaning. I wont ever wax my ramps on Aerosmith again though, learned my lesson there big time.

1 week later
#4706 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

GB is a great game for many reasons already without the coming code update.
But here is why it’s so great for me.
It’s not all about the multiball
(like Aerosmith)
It’s not all about the multiplier
(like Star Wars)
and it’s not all about the modes
(like so many other games)
It is a combination of things that can give you that great game experience
GB rules!

Very true for sure! GB gets a bad wrap and some of may be deserved but its still a great great game when you look at the whole picture. There are nights that i want to put my fist thru the glass but there are also nights when i am hitting all my shots and having a blast. The game is a little too difficult probably but theres alot of greatness in GB also. The good far outweighs the bad imo.

#4712 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I was thinking that a good way to solve the SDTM problem on GB is to turn the magna-slings into magna- save Would there be anyway,through software, to activate the magnaslings on demand? possible a double tap of either flipper button?...I imagine that this is probably not possible without a hardware reconfig.....but it would be an interesting mod, if nothing else.

No way to do that i dont think but one thing that you can do if you havent already done so is reverse the sling rubbers and the little round post rubber and the magna slings become alot more active. This is free to do and it makes the game way more fun.

#4722 6 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Joined the club today.

Congrats! How do you like it so far?

#4735 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

really want that update.... Love the game, but my #1 ask is that they include outlane saves in the new code. Make use of those red light inserts, and a game this hard really could use a little softening.
If they don't include outlane saves... I'm installing a center post. Into the playfield. I'm never selling this game. I love it. But if I have to suffer its brutal punishment forever, I may burn it to the ground one day. It will be a crime of passion.

Have you moved the outlane posts in? It doesnt make a huge difference but it definitely helps a little bit and makes the game more enjoyable.

2 weeks later
#4752 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

For those who want to become owners of Ghostbusters and are reading this thread, I have an immaculate Premium for sale now with many Stern accessories, improvements, custom code.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62159

Come on Sinestro What the heck bro? Have u been bit by the Iron Maiden bug or something?

1 month later
#4816 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Are the Premium/ LE slings sort of a dual traditional and magnetic setup , with the magnets activated by hitting something on the playfield or during certain modes?

Magna Slings rock Budman! I wouldn't want them on every pinball machine but they really fit the theme of GB and they are cool as hell. Its best if you reverse the sling rubbers though because it makes them much more active.

#4827 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I picked up a gble in trade for my woz yesterday, nice game, plays well except for air balls. Tiny bit of ghosting on the Tobin insert, but rest looks perfect. My wife and I were playing it last night, very fun game. Any recommendations on where to get an air ball protector for the left side? Thx

Ive also heard that these really work good also. Im going to order a set soon and see if i can do away with the airball protectors.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

#4843 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Pulled the trigger on a GB Pro... should be here tomorrow. Can't wait!

Congrats! GB Pro is a great game, you wont regret getting it.

#4848 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I Need guidance- I read on pinside somewhere that on the left VUK people are putting a piece of something in there so the ball kicks out reliably to the right flipper.
So what material, where is it placed and can someone post a picture.
Thanks in advance!!

Changing the eject power on the scoop didnt help my game a bit. I put a piece of ball dead drop foam in the scoop and it shoots to the right flipper every time now. It makes the game alot more fun when it plays like it should. I got the ball dead drop foam at pinbits.com. You could probably use something else but i had that laying around so i used that.

AC7B4DBC-B53C-4F9E-923C-8A33A56047AA (resized).jpegAC7B4DBC-B53C-4F9E-923C-8A33A56047AA (resized).jpeg

#4853 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Got my Pro. Loving it! Except for one thing...
It looks like ink under the clearcoat. Sucks. Any ideas on what can be done with it (if anything)? I was thinking maybe a custom sticker to cover it up.
Also, when I plunge the ball, it never goes all the way around. Just hits the stop to the left of the P every time. Is there an adjustment for that? I am also getting the ball stopped by Stay Puft on the plunge sometimes.

Are you talking about the little black spec on the insert arrow when you say ink under the clearcoat? If so that doesnt look that bad and wouldn’t bother me any truthfully. Play and have fun and you will forget all about that little black mark!

#4856 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Yeah. And you're right... the more I play, the more it doesn't matter. It does look a little bigger in person but still not that terrible. Just annoying on such a beautiful machine.
Now I just have to figure out why the gate to the left of the PKE inserts won't let the ball past. It stops it dead even on right loop shots. I have not had one ball go through there yet.
And thanks cpr9999 for the link! I already purchased an air ball protector but I'm thinking about the Stay Puft one. Thanks again!

Im trying to figure out what gate you are talking about to the left if the PKE inserts. Left or right side of the playfield?

#4860 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Top left of the pic... next to the P.

Gotcha....try what Dave said, that sounds like the culprit probably. Did you buy this game new or used?

#4874 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Repost - need some guidance.
I have adjusted the springs on the drop targets understanding that a stronger spring gets the drop target out of the way quicker and causes less airballs.
Well I have tried both (a) stronger springs (from PinballLife) and (b) reinstalling original springs and shortening them up to 20-25 revolutions.
Neither have worked. When the left target is up and I hit it dead on with the right flipper- always get an airball directly back at me ...then the airball hits the wire guide ramp (the one that crosses the playfield) and drops back onto the playfield.
Any other ideas? Anyone put washers underneath the 2 of the 4 screws holding the Drop target to give it a pitch? Does this work?
Thx

Thats strange. I just shortened my stock springs and they drop easy right now, matter of fact the one on the right droos too easy so i need to work on that one some more. I've seriously considered just disabling them anyway because i dont think they add any value what so ever to the gamr, matter of fact i hate them.

1 week later
#4954 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

The whole family is loving our new Ghostbusters Premium. It’s quickly moving up the favorite game list. The Scare feature is hilarious and the kids love luring new victims to the game and waiting aroundo for them to jump. Anyone know if it’s just the one ghost or are there some other Scare features in the code??

Only one scare feature i believe. If you wanna make the game more fun reverse the sling rubbers. It makes the magna slings more active and just makes the game alot more fun in general

#4956 5 years ago

Try the sling trick for real Pincrush. They arent over reactive, just more active. Its cool as hell seeing the ball go round and round in circles and doing all kinds of other crazy stuff. Your kids will get a big kick out of it i guarantee it.

#4959 5 years ago

Yep just reverse the sling rubber and the little O ring or post rubber like desertT1 said. It should look like this when you are done. This is Golfing dads pic by the way.....so you can thank him.
F8DEDC01-0BA9-4D0E-BFEA-A86867468AD0 (resized).jpegF8DEDC01-0BA9-4D0E-BFEA-A86867468AD0 (resized).jpeg

#4961 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

do you need to adjust the leaf switch or keep as is?

I didnt have to adjust mine any. You could try it and always switch them back if you didnt like it. I like my game way better now.

#4964 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

Do you have a link to a Youtube Video to check the result ?
Thanks.

Result of switching the sling rubbers you mean?

#4967 5 years ago

I don't think there's any video out there like that but its super easy to do, takes just a few minutes and if you dont like it just simply put them back the way that they was. It's definitely worth it though i promise.

#4989 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Quick question for those that know. Just unboxed a GB pro and the build date is October 2016. Pf looks beautiful but will I have issues with ghosting based on this date? I mean it's been sitting for nearly 2 years and no issues, so hoping for the best.

Theres no guarantee that anyone wont have issues, even with todays games, but yours is suppose to be pretty safe from what i understand. My playfield is Sept. 2016 and it has no issues at all and looks beautiful. I think you will be fine.

#5005 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you. Is one built in September or October 2016 likely safe? It sounds like that may be when it was built. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Mine.is September 2016 and its fine. You're going to know if the playfield is good when you look at it because its already got some plays on it right? If it hasn't ghosted by now i would think its a good playfield probably. I think that the ones that had ghosting problems pretty much did it right off the bat.

#5025 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you everyone. My eye doesn't even catch those things.
If there is small ghosting at the super jackpot insert and add-a-ball parts, any chance this will get worse over time? Should I ask him how many plays are on it? What I don't want to do is the buy the thing, have it worsen over time, and I end up stuck with something I'm not going to be able to sell without taking a huge hit down the road if I decide to sell for something else.
I don't expect for it to appreciate or even necessarily break even but I don't want the value to go in half .

It looks pretty good from the pics but its hard to tell by looking at pics also sometimes. Also you said the game is a few hours away, thats alot of driving time and gas. If the game isnt much cheaper than buying a new one i would just get a NIB game if it was me. Whats the price and how many plays are on it?

#5046 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I moved the outlines to the narrowest setting, makes a big difference in game play. Goal wasn’t to make it easier, just more playable. I get much fewer bounce outs from the inlanes. I’m not going to change the flipper widths, I can handle center drains. The outlines were just a disaster.

I did the same thing and i like my game way better now than before. I generally will not stray from factory settings but on this game here im glad that i did. I did that and reversed the rubbers on the magna slings and my game is ten times more fun than it was before i done those two things.

#5058 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

today I am happy : I made my best score since the 2 weeks that I have my Ghostbusters !
Sure it is far from the best scores seen on Pinside, but I'm very proud (I'm a beginner) ;+)

It was a great party, with :
- 3 missions completed
- 3 Super Jackpots
- 1 Storage Facility Multiball
- 2 Extra Balls

Doesn't matter if you have the best score on pinside. All that matters is that you are having fun! GB is a great game, congrats!!!

3 weeks later
#5101 5 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

So just for the record, I have the misspelling of 'negative reinforcment' with a build date of 06/2018 - I am not worried about the typo, but will definitely be keeping an eye on the inserts for potential ghosting.

If its going to ghost it will probably do it quickly but im sure it will be fine. If it isnt Stern will send you a new populated playfield. Enjoy your new game and dont worry about things that you cant control. Congrats!!

#5103 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Is it a Pro? I don’t think they fixed the issue on Pro games. I haven’t seen a pro with correct spelling.

I haven't heard of any ghosting in a long time though.

1 month later
#5172 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I ask, because I am thinking of buying one and weighing pros and cons

I dont want to start a Pro vs Premium war Budman but if money isnt an issue, the Premium is absolutely the way to go on Ghostbusters. The pro is a good game also but the Premium is definitely worth the extra coin on GB.

#5177 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Pro is cool machine. But after playing a pro which i liked a lot and the premium which i hated. I bought an LE and wow if you have the game at your home and you can dial it in like you want and need, it plays as good as the pro, maybe a little better then the pro. The all over experience is higher on the premium / LE. So if money is not an issue go Premium and don't look back

Why did you buy an LE if you hated the Premium?

3 weeks later
#5260 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

This is one aspect of that. Prices have gone up very fast recently, but they are addressing the code issue way better than in past years.

Yeah but prices shouldn't have had to go up for them to sell us games with complete code or for code updates to get to us better and faster. Good code is to be expected regardless of the prices they are selling new games for.

#5268 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Didn't they just add 3 new programmers?

Yes they did. What does that have to do with anything?

#5272 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I just blew up my Ghostbusters Prem! I've been focusing on the Gozer standup when I get to StayPuft. Tonight it paid off. I put the ball in the pops four times before taking the "Choose and Perish" shot. It's risky as there's no telling where the ball will go coming out of that center exit. I had X1, X3, X3 and X6 (I don't know how it assigns the multipliers). I hit the right loop for the X6 and started at 300M per shot! I completed StayPuft and drained after bricking my first shot for WCWS.
On the next plunge, I hit the "K" for light multipliers, and went into WCWS with multipliers lit. That was another points free-for-all. I wrapped up the game with We Got One, and finished with 11 Billion!![quoted image]

Amazing! My highest is 7.6 billion and i have no idea how i did it lol.

#5277 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well the money to pay them has to come from somewhere.

I think they are making plenty of money to hire a few coders without raising the prices every single release. Thats their business though and they can do whatever they choose to do.

1 week later
#5295 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Looks good but just more stuff reflecting on the glass. I hate glass reflections. I have modified a few of my older games to shut off the backbox when the flippers are active. I am hoping in the new code update that they will put the adjustment for backbox brightness during gameplay in the adjustments menu like BM66.

Agreed, that is one of the best adjustments ever. Cant wait for the new update, im gonna start playing the hell out of mine again.

3 weeks later
#5351 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GB Premium destroys the Pro. Subway ramp is way better, magna slings are cool, Slimer does more than just bounce up and down in the same place, Ecto goggles are neat, Library and storage unit are not just a crappy flat plastic. It's a much better experience.
That said, I'd recommend the mezel mods cover for the Firehouse HQ. It looks a WHOLE lot better:
http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6146368

I agree with Vireland, the Premium model on GB in my opinion is worth the extra money. The pro is also a good game as well but the extras on the Premium are pretty sweet, and yes the magna sling rock! If you love your GB and plan on keeping it and can afford the extra coin, i would upgrade to the Premium.

1 month later
#5533 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Maybe Lyman works harder.

I guarantee it and he also takes more pride in his work also!

2 weeks later
#5601 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have never had the center post, and my 12 year old does just fine with GB. He just beat my GC score! All factory settings.[quoted image]

Wow your 12 year old son did that? That makes me feel like a real Chump!

2 weeks later
#5649 5 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

QUESTION...….We haven't played GB in forever. Was playing it today and when 2 different people got to mass hysteria multi-ball, the scoleri bros. drop targets kept going up and down repeatedly. Is this normal? Was it implemented in the last code update? I turned the machine off when it happened because it sounded so abnormal like something HAD to be wrong and didn't want to damage anything. Thanks for the help!

No that isnt normal that i am aware of. I disabled my Scolari targets awhile back and couldn't be happier. I hate those stupid things.

1 week later
#5667 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I've always wondered, once mylar is down, can it be removed and replaced, without damage to the playfield?

Absolutely, just buy removable mylar/vinyl from Amazon and you can peel it right up anytime you want to. Its great stuff!

2 weeks later
#5734 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

And I think the magna-slings are super cool and perfectly fit the theme!

Same here, i LOVE them!

#5746 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Having a nice home use GB that is set up nice and plays well is always a joy to play on. It is my brothers favorite game when he comes over for weekly pinball and we spend many hours on it. I have had mine for over a year and it never gets boring. Call outs, music, light show, shot layout.....its all great. I always turn the local pinheads on this game that hate it. Once they spend some time on mine they always walk away liking it. Get the air ball protectors and lower your right ramp via hex screw and you will have a very enjoyable experience.

Another thing that really helps to make this game more fun is to close up the outlanes as much as you can. It doesnt make a huge difference but it makes a little bit of a difference and every little thing helps on this game here. I love my GB and have no desire to sell it.

1 month later
#5912 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I finally cut the Scoleri's off - I think it makes the game a bit better.

Same here. I think the game is better without them 100%.

1 week later
#5954 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I got to Stay Puft last night and managed to drain both the extra balls I had saved up!

I think Stay Puft is one of the best modes in all of pinball!

#5962 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't understand why someone would deck their machine out with add ons like shaker motor, color dmd, mirror blades... but only get the pro model?

Some people like pro models better than premiums, or maybe they got the pro because they couldn't afford the premium. There is nothing wrong with pro models. I have a mixture of pros and premiums both and im happy with my pro's and dont regret buying them one bit. Theres no shame in having a Stern pro what so ever.

#5966 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I like the pro better!

I like the Premium better so there!

I would gladly and proudly own either version though. GB is a great game and lots of fun. I recommend moving the outposts in though and closing up the gap on the outlanes. It makes the game a little less brutal and a lot more fun.

#5969 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I love my premium. I love the randomness of the magna slings

Have you reversed the sling rubbers yet? If not do that and they become more active. Just switch positions of the sling rubber and the post rubber and for whatever reason they become much more active.

#5987 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Biased crowd here, but close to snapping one of these up as my only pin. I'm an average player. How frustrating will this pin be with the stock flippers and no center post?
Also, is there any realistic chance of code actually being finished?

If you are an average player it wont be that bad but the good thing about it is, GB will make you a better pinball player because if forces you to make good shots. If you brick shots on GB its drain city. I love mine though and i wouldn't sell it for nothing.

#5996 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Stern of the Union ...update “ remains on our schedule”. Gimme a break.

I think its Panzers fault. He has complained so much that they are now just delaying it intentionally just to piss him off.

#6006 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Broke the 20B barrier earlier! Laid the stage by setting up multiball to be ready after nailing my multipliers (5x) for stay puft mode. No play field multipliers for this unfortunately. Had I hit the play field multipliers, this game would have been NORTH OF 100Billion! The mode alone netted 14.5B. Along with skill shots, this is where I landed. Friggen epic!!!
[quoted image]

That is unbelievable! Wow lol

3 weeks later
#6075 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is there any way to even out the playfield dimpling? I'm guessing it doesn't look so bad from the player's pov but still...

The more you play it the more it will even out. GB did seem to dimple pretty bad but unless you are in perfect lighting and looking for it you wont even notice it so its not a bug deal.

#6084 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I know they all have dimples. My HUO gb is quickly accumulating dimples. I'm just wondering if it really does even out after a while or if it just gets worse.

It may not even out totally flat but it definitely starts looking better eventually i can assure you. Just don't worry about it and have fun. Its not a museum piece and its meant to be played. I am a super picky person and i take good care of my stuff but these dimples just dont bother me at all. If i have to shine a light on the playfield and look at it at just the right angle to see the dimples, i could care less about them.

#6092 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

I have faith in Stern. They are just waiting for the anniversary of the code!
[quoted image]

Not sure if i should laugh or cry.

#6118 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Great news, Stern of the Union for this month says Ghostbusters update remains on their schedule!!

I heard Jack Danger say that a GB code update is coming reql soon!

#6127 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Jack Danger wouldn`t know shite when or how close a code drop would be or GB. lol
Even $tern don`t know....

Umm.....yeah i think he probably would.

#6164 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

The LED DMD is AMAZING. I had a shaker in mine and it was excessive, especially on containment unit multi-ball mode. I opted to shut it off and I feel the gameplay is better without it.

Same here. The storage facility multiball almost shakes the game apart.

#6167 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

True dat. Though that’s why I love it!

I did too until i started finding screws in my cabinet and saying......hmm i wonder where these came from? I guess i will find out one of these days.

1 month later
#6400 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Working on a custom topper. What do y'all think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really nice i think!

1 week later
#6431 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After what Stern said I'm hoping the update is comparable in size to the final KISS code update, meaning lots of changes and additions.

Not trying to be a Negative Nancy Panzer but i wouldn't count on anything major at all because i just don't see it happening. The good news though is i played GB last night and it is still great fun even with the current code.

#6433 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

They said "additional resources" which implies there were already resources in place before said additions were added.
Either way, I have enough information at this point to comfortably place wagers on how big the update will be and what it will include if anyone wants in on some of that action

I don't wanna bet but i sure hope that you are right! Ghostbusters could easily be amazing with just a few tweaks. Its already amazing truthfully but it just needs a couple of things changed and polished up to make it one of the all time greats.

I think with a really nice code uodate that there would be a lot of people rushing out to buy this title again. I truly believe that.

#6436 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree Dwight has some time to add a few things.
Bad news .... probably means fewer updates for Munsters

Ehh....should get another update in about 3 years I'd say. You're too impatient.

1 week later
#6488 4 years ago

Game of Thrones getting a code update before Ghostbusters?

IMG_20190712_125731 (resized).jpgIMG_20190712_125731 (resized).jpg
#6509 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

No one talking about what Dwight talked about on the GOT stream? Where are all the Dwight is lazy / has no passion / doesn't care people at?

He will go from zero to hero in the blink of an eye when the GB code comes out. Funny how that works isnt it?

#6536 4 years ago

Once we get the new code update...assuming that its going to be as good as we think it is, there will be a mad rush on to buy GB games and this games popularity will skyrocket!

#6538 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Will they do an extra run to fill newfound demand?

I believe so if the license will allow it.

#6541 4 years ago

Depends on how many plays it has and if it has one of the playfields that are suspect or not. If it does i personally wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Price could be a little lower as well i believe. I only paid 6800 for mine brand new..

#6560 4 years ago

Welcome back to the club delt31! When this new update comes out there is going to be a lot of people wanting this game again i bet. GB is truly a great game.

1 week later
#6641 4 years ago
Quoted from Exeter:

Anyone else ever have an issue with the roll over in the right orbit not registering when you hit the shot too clean? I can get it to register from a backhand but it I hit the shot hard from the left flipper it doesn’t activate the switch. I’ve tried adjusting the switch but no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

There is a piece of mylar that they put down in the orbit before the switch that makes the ball jump over the switch, peel that up and it will register everytime.

#6669 4 years ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Success - I was able to peel it off with my hands. Once I started peeling from the top it was much easier. The removal of the mylar fixed the issue of the ball jumping - game plays so much smoother now

Sweeeeet!!!!

#6676 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I hope everyone else’s day starts better LOL[quoted image]

You should never throw you used rubbers on your playfield like that, thats just nasty.

#6709 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nope,
Switch the rubber rings around for much more action .

This ^^^^ Best free mod ever.

#6727 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

These are conflicting
My new PF came with smalls on bottom, large on top. Not sure which is 'better' to achieve more action.

You want the smalls on top and the large on the bottom to make your slings more active. It will look like this when you are done.

fb75512b07521cd316c2b14aacb088b80e59c69d.jpeg (resized).jpgfb75512b07521cd316c2b14aacb088b80e59c69d.jpeg (resized).jpg
#6729 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thats my machine !

Yes it is lol. How did you know, by the big chip in the clearcoat?

#6743 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What is the stock outlane setting? Should it be middle on both? Mine is the third hole (bottom one) right now....

Pretty sure its the middle delt but i moved mine down where yours are and i like it better with the outlanes closed up. It really didnt make a huge difference but it s enough difference to make the game a little more enjoyable and every little but helps with Ghostbusters.

2 weeks later
#6899 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like marketplace is starting to burn up with wanted gb threads
Knew that would happen once code was close
Hopefully Stern delivers. They don't even need a knock out so I think this will really be well received

Yep you are right and rightfully so because its a great game. If this code update turns out to be something really special im thinking that they are going to have to make another run of these games because people will be wanting to buy one again bad.

#6948 4 years ago

Good news folks! The time has finally come for what we have ALL been waiting so long for!

https://twitter.com/sternpinballinc/status/1172558078920802304?s=19

#6994 4 years ago

I cant wait for the stream tomorrow night. I'm going to get a pizza and kick back and enjoy the show. It'll be kinda like watching the Super Bowl, only better because the NFL sucks these days.

1 week later
#7209 4 years ago

This game just became amazing and is now one of Sterns best games ever in my opinion! I feel like i just got a brand nee game. Cant wait to get some more time on this.

#7214 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Better than Munsters? LOL

I love my Munsters. Its the pride of my collection. I love all of my games actually but Ghostbusters which was already a great game just became unbelievable.

#7320 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

I bought the PKE Mirror Mod a month ago but I'm a total newb so I've been a little scared of the instructions saying to unscrew the back of the playing field from the top / botttom and disconnect everything etc... Anybody have any luck screwing that thing in an easier way or do I just have to face my fears? Thanks G

You just have to face your fears and do it. Its been a long time since i put mine on but it wasnt that bad.

#7325 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I did it without removing... dont do it! the chance is high to damage plastics. later i unscrewed the back wood anyway and thought to my self how dump i was

Its not that bad. I've had to do lots of pinball repairs that were much more difficult than installing that mirror.

1 week later
#7411 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't want to see a convicted felons cat in the game,

You are f*cking shitting me, right Panzer? Please tell me that you are f*cking joking! Lol.....smh.

6 months later
#8229 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Part 2 of me coming so close to defeating ghostbusters pinball, or get inducted as the 5th ghostbuster is the idea . Starts by destroying gozer after a couple missed shots,then storage then beating staypuft! (So fun) pke, mass hysteria and finally we’re ready to believe you (I failed) . I couldn’t become a “god” but God I love this game.

Nice video! Ghostbusters is one of Sterns best games easily. If they were smart they would vault this game because there are a lot of people wanting one after the last code update.

#8272 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Are they going to run this game again?

No plans that I know of but it would definitely be a great game to vault. I think they would sell a bunch of them if they did.

#8276 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Include that topper and they couldn’t make them fast enough lol.

The topper makes me not be able to run away fast enough!

#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Whats midnight madness mode? Something that comes on at midnight?

Yep, it's really cool too!

#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is that in Standard Adjustments?

Utility I think

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Why do I get the sense that this is the old 9th green at 9 trick?

I'm not sure what that is you are talking about but Midnight Madnese on Ghostbusters is real. Lol

2 months later
#8420 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Move the spring to make it tighter

This^^^ and you can always disable them too if you like in the options menu..it makes the game better anyways in my opinion. I hate the Scolari brothers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

15,699 (OBO)
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.