IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Squizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5735 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Anyone else as pissed off as I am at the way Dwight is treating this game.
Here is a clip from TWIP of an interview Dwight did last week on Head 2 Head.
To me he comes across as not giving a crap.
Says the Librarian insert may get “its own little rule” but just because of all the fuss we made. Not because he thinks it could make the game more fun.
Then he goes on to say he still considers the game “done”. And that “Are you a God” Wizard mode should have never been printed on the instruction card. WTF!!!!
In fact the only thing I agree with him on is that Loopin Supers should be its own mode with no interruptions.
Highly disappointed.
Dwight Sullivan joined Marty and Ryan at the Head 2 Head Pinball Podcast last week to talk all things Munsters! Along with discussing Munsters, they also had this conversation regarding Ghostbusters Pinball:
H2H: What are your thoughts on where the code is?
Dwight: So you’re asking me what I think should be fixed on Ghostbusters?
H2H: Yes, without having to tell us what has been fixed because you can’t…I guess what I’m really asking is do you think it is a monumental task ahead of you?
Dwight: No it is not monumental…but every code takes much longer than you think, even the simplest thing is usually a few days of work. So Ghostbusters, what I would like to see is…one of the highest things on my list is…I think the game is too messy. I think that when you’re playing it and you’re working your way up that center ladder of ghosts that you have collected, too many things are stacking on top of each and it is just a big hot mess. I would like to see looping supers never stacked with anything else…I have ideas of how I would fix this, and I have to actually get there and fix it. I want that [looping supers] to be kind of a moment.
H2H: The Librarian insert at the scoop – is that something that is on the to-do list?
Dwight: Now it is. The library insert was never designed to be a feature or a mode or it’s own little rule, it was only supposed to be an indicator of – “hey, shoot here” because you’re playing a librarian mode. And sure it is under used, I agree, but it was never ever meant to be a feature, never meant to be much more than it is right now. But now it has become a thing, so it will probably get its own little rule.
H2H: So [the possible wizard mode Are you a God] was on the instruction card…
Dwight: That was never meant to be part of 1.0…Ghostbusters is messy and I wish I could clean that up and there are some bugs, and of course I would love to fix bugs, and I will as soon as I can. I think We Came We Saw We Kicked its Ass could be a little more polished…it should be worth more and could be a little more interesting. But I think Ghostbusters is “complete”, if it wasn’t buggy and wasn’t messy we could call it done. Are You a God is a wizard mode that I thought about, and I put it on the instruction card and that was a huge mistake…it didn’t have a design…it was kind of flavor text on the instruction card. We could do that someday, but it never happened and I don’t know if it will.

Maybe Email your'e concerns to George Gomez?
Isn't he in charge now of this type of thing??

Better yet, ask George to get Lyman S to fix this mess.

#5736 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Zach at TWIP said Ryan and Marty were harsh, and I disagree totally. I thought they asked valid questions, and Dwight came across as pretty defensive.
Dwight said it takes longer than you’d think to code or update a game, and I believe him. But it’s been well over a year since Stern mentioned an update to clean up the nagging issues.
I still love the game, but by Dwight’s own admission, it’s a bit messy.

Zach must have been smoking weed at the time!

2 weeks later
#5766 5 years ago

Nice ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#5771 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

You mean these?
[quoted image]

Looks nice, How do they look lite up?

#5783 5 years ago

Ok

New to the GB club

Q: What tweaks should be looked at - I have the GBLE

Q: Is the pitch 6.5 correct for this machine, or should it be 7.0 as I read somewhere a while ago.

Q: Is there a rules strategy guide as per V1.13 (I couldn't find on the forum)

Thanks

2 months later
#6125 4 years ago

Jack Danger wouldn`t know shite when or how close a code drop would be or GB. lol
Even $tern don`t know....

1 month later
#6383 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I have seen him talk and watched interviews. He is super passionate about pinball. Super creative and cares about delivering great experiences. The repeated BS stories that he is just their for a paycheck and doesn't care about his work and doesn't care about pinball is unfounded. Criticize the his rules choices, or the bugs in the code all you want. Leave the BS personal attacks on his character and work ethic out of it.

I call BS
If Dwight really cares then he would've had the code for GB completed over a year ago.
He'll only work on it when and if he's paid to do so.

1 month later
#6600 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

They seem to solve 99% of the air balls from the targets on either side of the left ramp. So, no need for an unsightly plastic air ball protector.

Big call regarding 99%
tbh maybe around 90% as there are still balls lifting from the playfield.

2 years later
#10452 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id bet if the machine were to have been made now, we would not have DMD...

I think you will find that Ghostbusters was meant to have been the first Stern pinball machine to have had the Video Screen!
But Stern and others were not 100% sure it was ready for release without more testing, so they went with the DMD for GB.

10 months later
#11359 1 year ago

Add me also please to the walking mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Squizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Squizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.