IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spelunk71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

BENT RAIL PROBLEM SOLVED::::::
Ok, you guys want to fix that rail issue. You know what they did on EM's and early solid state games, when they needed reinforcement, or sections where the ball would rest between rubber gap?
the answer is in the name of the machines we enjoy. Pinball.
Reason it's called pinball, is because nails were used as pins.
Put a nail in the playfield right in the middle of the guide rail and all your problems are solved. Doesn't have to be a big one. Just a thin support nail like you use on Xmas lights. Problem solved.

Is there a downside to adding an extra ball to the area to prevent the guide rail bending (and avoiding playfield modification)? Would the extra ball affect hits registering there?

2 months later
#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I used one of those 3M poster mounting squares. It holds well and it's easily removable. The car itself doesn't have any holes for screws. You can talk to the Mezels and see if it's shipping with any mounting solution now, but I just got the car, the wiring, and the connectors.

The Mezel Mods website shows the car only available for the pro. Did you get a different pre/le version or is there no difference?

6 months later
#2095 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I am officially a member finally! Machine looks beautiful, the switch at the top of the subway ramp wasnt registering on every shot but I bent it out a little and it registers 100% of he time now. Ghostbusters is an absolute blast! The ball does stay in the pops a long time, is there anything people do about that like maybe turn the power down on them? Can you even do that? My game is set up with the bubble in the middle where its suppose to be as far as the slope goes.

Congrats! I'm also really enjoying mine, but there is definitely some dialing-in to do in the beginning. I had the same switch issue on the right orbit and am experimenting with bending the metal. My right ramp switch also doesn't register 100%. Any ideas there besides bending the switch? Could some of these issues be software related?

2 weeks later
#2201 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Another thing: the ugly 2 coil crossover mech in the backbox is no longer needed. You can now remove it. This thing.

Would the FF speakers (maybe the smaller ones) pair well with a subwoofer or would that be overkill?

#2287 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

The reason my left scoleri target isn't working properly is that the plastic piece that holds the target up until it is hit has been broken. Is this an easy piece to find? Knock on wood, looks like an easy fix once I have the right plastic piece in place. This piece is held in place by the two small screw going up underneathe the metal bracket. Others broke this early on? This was broken after 100 plays or so. Again, looks like and easy fix.

The exact same thing happened to me at around the same time. It's a common problem. Stern needs to use a stronger part. Chas sent me a new one. Not too bad to replace. Marco also sells them for a few bucks.

#2313 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Sorry but who is JJ ?
Google only comes up with Jersey Jack who I'm sure does not sell Ghostbusters.
It would nice to have a sticky or something of distributors who carry Stern, Heighway, JerseyJack along with reviews by actual buyers.

JJ is at Game Exchange of Colorado. I didn't buy my GB from him, but wish I had. I had to wait 7 months for mine while JJ seemed to get his orders out within days/weeks according to posts.

#2334 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On the bright side, you avoided that run of bad playfields ...

Absolutely! Six weeks in and the playfield is perfect. No problems so far except for a bad drop target ledge plastic. I hope no one else gets a bad playfield at this point, but a local operator just got a new playfield for his LE, so it seems like Stern is dealing with the problem for the most part.

1 month later
#2891 6 years ago

How do the code questions affect development of a GB color dmd? Is it on the horizon or would the color dmd guys wait to see if the code will be updated again before making much progress?

#2935 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I've only had my GB premium for about a week. it seems like once every other game the trough coil kicks out 2 balls. has anyone else had this issue?

Try lowering the trough eject power, which will also save your shooter lane from getting chewed up.

#2939 6 years ago

I could be wrong, but I had two balls getting kicked out right after I first set it up. After lowering the eject power, it never happened again.

#2957 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Also no one answered but why are people removing Mylar in the right orbit does that fix the gate issue or something ?

The mylar seems to be causing some lift before the orbit switch on hard shots and the switch sometimes does not register as a result. Removing the mylar seems to have corrected the problem for everyone who wrote in--including for me. Mine easily pulled up and left just a bit of residue. Goo gone got it off easily.

#2959 6 years ago

Nah. Just get it started with a fingernail and pull up with needle nose pliers. Piece of cake.

1 week later
#3016 6 years ago

You could try adjusting the switch, but that has not corrected the issue for many on here. It sounds like the rectangular sticker is the factory mylar. It should come up easily, and you could use something like Goo Gone to get rid of any residue (though I had almost none).

2 weeks later
#3149 6 years ago

Ah...I thought I was just missing something. The bug should definitely be fixed. I didn't notice mention of it in the V1.13 bug thread. Has anyone notified Stern? I could assume they know but have learned to assume nothing.

#3173 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks great installed, bit of a shame to hear its RED when its stated as PINK on the site, how does it look in person when lite up?

I agree it looks cool, but can be a bit of a pain with all the airballs. They have an annoying tendency to get stuck in the middle. The flying balls also broke off some of the plastic edges on mine. Even though I have the ramp airball plastic and added foam to the standup targets to reduce airballs, I removed the mod.

#3176 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Interesting you still have airballs.......from Scoleri Targets? 2x/3X? Cliffies?
I havent seen but 5-6 Airballs in 8 months.....about the same as any other game.....

The airballs are mostly under control in my game. Your plastic is great. Scoleris seem fine. Maybe from Cliffy's off the upper part of the right ramp? The game is so fast, sometimes it's hard to tell where the airballs come from. GB is my only game, so I play the hell out of it. Maybe one out of 15 games gets a crazy airball. Having to pull the glass a couple of times a week to free the ball from the mod was enough for me to ditch it.

#3200 6 years ago

After the imminent release of Star Wars, maybe Dwight will be able to give some more love to GB?

#3203 6 years ago

Yeah, that would be nice I'm not familiar with the state of GOT code, but GB definitely needs some bug squashing and the "Are You a God?" wizard mode added at the very least.

#3237 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Has anyone tried these and how do the work as far as the drain goes. Not cheap and don't want to spend the money if they don't work to well
Thanks

I have a pair of these in pink. They seem like they would work well, but I moved my outlane posts in before I got them so never installed. I paid about $30 shipped from France, but would sell them for $20 shipped if anyone is interested.

#3259 6 years ago

Same here. Once the mylar is gone, maybe a tweak to the switch would solve any remaining issues.

1 month later
#3417 6 years ago

I think the code is pretty good, but Stern can't really call it finished when "Are You a God?" is not programmed though has menu options implying it is coming. There are also a number of bugs that have been discussed at length in the threads, and I agree more game callouts would be nice. Maybe Dwight will be able to turn back to GB for a bit when the Star Wars hype calms down? Fingers crossed...

#3431 6 years ago

Bummer! I was hoping to install mine tonight. Please post Mezelmods' response.

#3438 6 years ago

The Mezel folks told me they are posting a new instructional video on the website with the missing segment. Hopefully will get Mr. Puft walking soon!

1 week later
#3536 6 years ago

Dude, do the loop spring trick! I hated the Scoleris until I fixed the springs. Now they drop perfectly and I actually like them for the challenge. It's a 5-10 min. fix. No need to cut. Just pull the spring a bit and loop it around 10-12 rings down so it's a bit tighter.

#3540 6 years ago

I was able to put the notch through the loop on the spring fairly easily. You shouldn't need an open loop. I'll try to get a pic sometime soon, but give it a shot.

1 week later
#3621 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Any chance you have a pic of this?
I thought the end of the spring was open for connecting, so if you pull the spring to use the middle, how does it get looped?

I'm not sure if you still need it, but here are a couple of pics.

IMG_5382 (resized).JPGIMG_5382 (resized).JPG

IMG_5383 (resized).JPGIMG_5383 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#3771 6 years ago

To me, a "bonus" would be something like additional call-outs or animations. Correcting the numerous, well-documented bugs in the code, and adding the final wizard mode referenced in the instructions and menu options should be a no-brainer. I'm hoping this update will come fairly soon regardless of John Trudeau's legal problems.

#3774 6 years ago

As far as I know, the link below contains the most up-to-date list of remaining GB bugs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features

#3776 6 years ago

I don't think we're disagreeing here. I really like the game as is and am not going to lose any sleep (or sell GB anytime soon) if no update comes along. I do think the game would be better with some final code polish and would find it kind of annoying if Stern left it permanently unfinished.

#3795 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

'Ghostbusters for Stern Arcade is now out for Xbox one'
Am I the only person surprised GB in it's current state (unfinished/bugs/etc) is "proudly" posted to the Arcade Store? I thought only solid no fuss games earned that right

Can anyone confirm that the Stern Arcade version is identical (warts and all) to the physical version?

1 month later
#4076 6 years ago

Moving in the outlane posts, installing the slightly longer flippers, and switching out the spacer under the right ramp (premium) for a slightly shorter one worked wonders for me. Most people playing mine are not great players, so these changes made the game more fun. As you get better, you can easily switch it back to stock if you want.

Location players obviously can’t customize the difficulty in this way, so many get really frustrated. Tweaked to your liking, I think it is a great game.

#4085 6 years ago

Mine also does this, but tweaking the level and pitch has made it much better.

#4090 6 years ago

That’s the plan, as per the “Stern of the Union” aka (hint, hint) the “State of the Stern.” Not sure when Star Wars will be considered finished, though...1.0?

#4105 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

wasn't aware of the auto plunger spring problem. what is the part number for this spring so I can get one please. I have problems only with the auto plunge

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-437

#4107 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you that have switched to this spring, does the ball still easily make it all the way around the orbit?

On mine it still has plenty of power, though is only a marginal improvement overall. Because the part is so cheap and is easy to switch out, it’s definitely worth a try the next time you place a parts order.

1 month later
#4281 6 years ago

Has anyone tried the Pinstadium kit on Ghostbusters? How does it look?

#4322 6 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

OK it's seems Cointaker (where i purchased) did not include everything in the box. I reached out but haven't heard back. Thanks for the insight!

I’ve had this happen several times with Cointaker with other mods. It’s annoying but they always make it right.

1 week later
#4376 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was consistently get Stdm drains so I adjusted underneath so it kicks out to right flipper

Would you be more specific as to how you tweaked the librarian scoop?Thanks.

#4379 6 years ago

Excellent. That sure beats bending the metal with brute force and potentially f—ing it up. Thanks!

#4389 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can also put a piece of ball dead drop foam on the left side of the scoop and it will fire to the right flipper every time like money!

Thanks, Who-Dey! This worked great for me.

#4394 6 years ago

Yep. Definitely agree on switching the sling rubbers. I’m not a great player, and the game kicks my ass consistently, but I love it. I also love Metallica and thought of swapping one for GB, but just can’t do it. GB is kind of like my 12-year-old son—usually I love him, sometimes I hate him for being a PITA, but he’s family.

#4406 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

also if anyone owns the stern licensed shooter rod - is it the same shape as the stock one in the front or is it more rounded (like a ball)? I can't tell from the stock pics. I really hate the way the stock ones feel.

It is more rounded than the stock one, though had a flat front. It feels fine, but honestly is a bit cheap considering the price tag. I’d probably either leave the stock one or go for one of the Modfather (or similar) ones if I had it to do over.

#4413 6 years ago

I’ve been morbidly curious to see what happens with the Trudeau situation—mainly to see if I need to bury my signed translite after all (also signed by Zombie Yeti and Dwight Sullivan so would be a shame!) and what impact it may have on perceptions of GB long term. It’s been quiet for a while, but public DuPage County court records online shows the next court date is scheduled for Jan. 18 at 9am. The purpose is “plea or setting.” I’m guessing this means Trudeau will either plead guilty to something or a trial date will be set. Anyone familiar with how this process works know more?

#4424 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So I've owned the game for over and year, and I finally decided today to adjust the flippers so they aren't droopy like they come from the factory. Holy crap what a difference it makes! I can't believe I waited all this time to make this change. The game shoots so much better like this. For starters, it's much easier to control the ball. This is a very big deal on a game with such a large flipper gap. Not only is it much easier to cradle the ball, but it's also easier to perform flipper passes. On top of this, it's also now possible to backhand the left ramp, something I couldn't do at all before. In my opinion, everyone should make this change. This is how the game is supposed to play!

Truth.

#4501 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Im surprised they work sometimes. It's a long shot but, Check the black plastic pieces on the scoleris. The little lip that catches and holds them up will break off and then they won't stay up. Mine broke within the first month or so. Stern sent me replacements

This also happened to mine. They need to improve the quality of that part. Someone in another thread mentioned Stern cheaped out on this 2 cent item starting with Game of Thrones and these things now break regularly.

#4545 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

How big of a difference is a speaker upgrade on GB? The stock sounds pretty good to me, but does anyone have thoughts/experience with FF vs. External Sub vs. Stock?
I have upgraded 90s BW machines in the past with FF speakers and they sounded great.

I got the Polk 10” subwoofer early on and it is a big improvement. Flipper Fidelity just added a Spike backbox kit (no woofer) that works great with an external sub. I wasn’t expecting much of an improvement, but I just installed and it blew me away. Definitely worth it, IMO. I think the kit is $59, but you can save a few bucks by ordering just the speakers (4 ohm) and solder yourself using the existing wiring.

#4551 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

When you add an external sub, do you leave the factory sub connected and run them together or do you disconnect it?

I just left the factory cabinet woofer running. It sounds great...especially with the FF backbox speakers.

#4586 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Where can I find this dead drop foam? My scoop has given me a couple of SDTM ejects recently.

Pinbits sells it, but I just used felt tape and it works fine once you adjust the scoop eject power a bit.

2 months later
#4779 6 years ago

I had the same issue and finally just had to remove it. It’s annoying as hell to get those ball hangups!

#4782 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Can you make a picture ?

I took the mod out, so a picture wouldn’t show much. Basically, the mod covers the opening in the middle of the cityscape above the pops. If an airball falls in, it gets stuck on top of the plastic rather that just falling through the opening and back onto the playfield. If you can stop the airballs, you wouldn’t have issues, but that’s pretty hard to do on this game—even though you can minimize the airballs.

#4787 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Wow that are some freaking airballs. I have never seen that on my machine. Now I do not have the river of slime mod but the ball ending up there...no never. From where are these airballs coming? Not from the standup targets?

I think they mainly come from the occasional ball flying off the subway ramp.

2 weeks later
#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

after Dec 2016 should be fairly safe, mine is from that period and outlanes are lifted and don't need a protector, still dimples but they all do, I put on the drain and shooter lane cliffy's and been going strong since with no ghosting inserts.

That sounds right to me. Mine was made in Nov 2016 and the playfield showed some minor ghosting after a few months. Stern replaced it. I don’t recall people posting about playfield issues for games made after Dec 2016.

3 months later
#5227 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Hey guys! Can someone do me a favour and take a photo of the Slimer mech please on a Prem!! Was playing a mates Premium GB last night and at the back of the swinging arm mech it looks like something should be there but I don't know what.
Can anyone help please...must be a premium I guess to make sure it's the same! Just from where the support pole I guess it is, mounts.
Thanks!! Love this game!

AB92DB43-27C0-4D8F-B039-7300D88859F3 (resized).jpegAB92DB43-27C0-4D8F-B039-7300D88859F3 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#5392 5 years ago

The code is only delayed because they are not sufficiently committed to it. Let’s hope it is something special after this ridiculously long wait. A great update could breathe new life into this game.

1 month later
#5548 5 years ago

If these guys have to work on their own time to polish the games, Stern needs to rethink how they do coding.

3 months later
#5840 5 years ago

Latest Stern of the Union just released: https://sternpinball.com/2019/03/05/stern-of-the-union-address-march-2019/

“Ghostbusters code update remains in our schedule.” I wonder if I’ll have any hair left when this thing is finally released.

2 weeks later
#5892 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Need some airball advice...
Have airball protector for left ramps, swapped out the targets for the upgraded from swinks and am still gettin some occasional crazy fliers.
Finally determined they are somehow coming off the cliffys that are installed on the scoleri targets. Ball hits them just the right way and actually flys up over the airball protector. Sometimes it still lands on ramp and other times bounces off and into the pops.
Anyone else experience this?
Trying to decide if I really need the cliffys on the scoleris and if Mylar would do the job instead.

I had the same issue with the Cliffys on the drop targets. Replaced with Mylar strips and all is good. On a location game with tons of plays per week, maybe the Cliffy issues would be worth the extra protection.

#5933 5 years ago

A certain TWIPy award winning podcaster just shared a rumor on the show that Stern soon will be announcing a vault edition of a popular title. He would not say what it is—just that it’s not Tron or LOTR. Could it be Ghostbusters? Might make sense to coincide a vault edition with a code update to inject new life into the game.

A vault could suggest a robust code update, but would kind of suck for existing owners if some of the design issues are corrected. Thoughts?

#5935 5 years ago

True, but Star Trek was only out of production a short time before the “vault” was released. Maybe it would be more like an additional run.

#5944 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm pretty sure the new vault edition is going to be LOTR.

Do you have inside info or are you just speculating? I know his track record has been spotty, but K specifically said it would not be LOTR.

1 week later
#6001 5 years ago

The longer flippers just make the game slightly less brutal for us non-pinball gods. It is a subtle change. For me, this modification has made GB more enjoyable.

3 weeks later
#6064 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Last noob question of the day: the ball does not get out the subway ramp on my premium. It stays at the bottom akd then is ejected.
Not enough velocity to climb up it seems. Any idea on how to solve it? It's not gotten up once so far.

First, make sure the machine is perfectly leveled and the pitch is correct. If the subway still doesn’t work, lift up the playfield and find where the subway goes
underneath. You will see a thin metal bracket around the clear plastic subway area held with a nut. Loosen the nut, make sure the bracket and ramp are perfectly centered and nothing is obstructing the ball’s path, and tighten the nut. You may need to experiment a bit until you find the position that works best.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

2 weeks later
#6166 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here. The storage facility multiball almost shakes the game apart.

True dat. Though that’s why I love it!

1 month later
#6442 4 years ago

I fully agree except for the “A.” Was it ever great? It can be, though!

1 week later
#6481 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I never understood the need for this. I feel the stock one reflects it just fine and I didnt want to block the city backdrop.

Agreed. I installed one and soon switched back to stock. Anyone want the mirror version?

#6486 4 years ago

Mine was on a Premium. It’s a bit of a pain to install but works fine.

#6503 4 years ago

I damaged the plastic sitting on top of the ecto goggles during a modding mishap. Stern sent me a new one, but I’m not sure how to install it properly. Does anyone know what type of riveting tool would work best and what type of rivets these things use? Is taking apart the ecto goggles for this job (just cosmetic) more trouble than it’s worth?

1 week later
#6543 4 years ago

As we all wait for awesome (hopefully) new code to drop, I thought I'd mention my great experience with adding a PinWoofer sub and amp to the cabinet. The bass is clean and deep and really makes the game pop. I had an external sub for a while, but the sound is really improved with the PinWoofer kit. Installation is pretty straightforward, and Dan ("PinWoofer" on Pinside) is fantastic to deal with. Dan also offers a backbox speaker/amp kit, which has been incredible on my Metallica. If you have the stock backbox speakers, that kit will make an enormous difference. I already had Flipper Fidelity speakers on GB which sound pretty good (though not as good as the PinWoofer kit), so I left those as is.

I was concerned about drawing too much power from the Spike boards, but Dan includes a converter for the 48v power supply in the backbox which works perfectly and avoids drawing power from the boards. The only issue I had was annoying vibrations in the cab from the increased bass, but anti-vibration tape on the glass pretty much resolved that. Happy flipping!

#6578 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Only the tiefighter is on a spring

And the world is a better place for it.

#6591 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just posting here as was brought up in the JP@ thread and the GB Code thread as people are saying the gap is larger than Trudeau's typical flipper gap.
Flipper Gap Myth Solved as a few years ago I had a quick discussion with Trudeau which started when we discussed the Snackbar mod I did for his designed game CFTBL
- The Flipper gap is a result of the flipper post placement & the angle of the flippers
- Stern's standard flipper post placement is 7" hole centres
- Trudeau's stanard signature flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres on all games
- GB has the same flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres
- what makes the flipper gap larger is how the flippers were angled lower than the inlane guides angle
2 Solutions
- lift the flippers so the front face / rubber are inline with the inlane feed rails which brings the game's flipper similar to all his other games
- add carrots or even my quick swap out flippers which both are 1/8" longer which then narrows up the gap to narrower than a standard Stern
I recommend the 1st option and it only makes you a better player, hope that helps

Thanks for that explanation. On the second option, would you angle the carrots to the center of the playfield holes or higher (as with option 1) to match the inlane rails?

2 weeks later
#6720 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I’m confused what o rings?

Just flip the position of the rubber rings around the slings. Move the lower ring to the top position. Move the upper ring to the lower position.

2 weeks later
#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I'm having an issue with my right flipper power. Sometimes power drops off mid flip. I have checked my end of stroke and flipper button contact. I have re flowed solder on flipper connections. All those things seem fine. Anybody know what it could be?

Check the coil stop. These seem to be failing a lot lately on newer Stern machines.

3 weeks later
#7251 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:I'm having an issue with the newton balls on the leftside often getting stuck or not making it past the gate. Anyone have any tips on adjusting that?

I loosened the nuts a bit on the plastic above the newton balls and pulled/bent the gate up slightly. It works perfectly now.

4 months later
#7909 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

The fix in his video is for targets that doesn't go down. My problem is the left target won't stay up.

You might want to replace this part:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-6163-01
This small part often breaks (it did on mine) and is necessary for the drop target to stay up.

3 weeks later
#8016 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob55:

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know the response you got.
On a side note: Wanting to install a shaker motor. I saw a while back there were issues with the shakers from Pinball Life. Can anyone confirm those are issues are resolved and this one here is okay to put in? https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Terry from Pinball Life told me the issues with their Spike system shaker motors have long been resolved.

1 week later
#8111 4 years ago

I thought the scream was kind of funny the first 3 or 4 times it happened. Now, it’s like nails on a chalkboard. That thing is set to “off” on mine permanently.

2 months later
1 week later
#8351 3 years ago

The bracket on my hooked protector didn’t line up either. I used some hot glue to keep it place. Not ideal, but it works.

2 months later
#8500 3 years ago

It’s worth experimenting with the flipper position. I moved mine higher to match the inlane position and think it plays better. I remember way-back-when some folks said Stern admitted they messed up with the flipper guide hole placement on GB, but I’m not sure if that’s true.

#8502 3 years ago

Check out post #3147 in the Ghostbuster Issue Thread and the discussion thereafter. There was some debate a few years ago about the proper flipper alignment.

#8504 3 years ago

Right. I said it was only a claim that was made, I didn’t know if it was true, and there was a debate about it a few years ago. I’d also be interested in the answer. My point was mainly that it is worth some experimentation with the flipper alignment since it is pretty easy to do and could result in preferred game play. If you’re happy with it as is, forget it and just enjoy it.

3 months later
#8866 3 years ago

Hi all. I've been getting stuck balls on the plastic just to the right of the library in the corner. The game is leveled and the pitch seems right. Any ideas of the best way to deal with it--maybe adding a post or spacer where the existing screw is in that area? Thanks.

thumbnail_IMG_8762 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_8762 (resized).jpg

#8871 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yeah I get that too, was going to create a custom post for this this weekend

Excellent. Please keep us "posted." Ha ha. Will you be making it available for sale?

1 month later
#8925 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

This is a simple mod - calling it the - Library Steps Mod that sits on the plastic a little higher than the library on the left side using an available screw.
The ball is known to get a little bit of air and can go up onto this plastic and can occasionally get stuck in a small valley behind the library in which you then have to remove the glass to free up.
The library came stock on the Premium and LE's and those that were lucky to get a library as a part and installed onto their Pro will have it as well.
The Library Steps - v1 is for the Pro where the library is installed a little lower as it is adjustable to a degree and should suit your positioned install
The Library Steps - v2 is for the Permium and LE and possibly the Pro (but depends where you installed the library).
For me I installed the library so the 3 arches are centred over the 3 targets = which is a little lower than the Premium and LE so the Library Steps v1 which is adjustable suits my game and should fit onto to others as well.
Search - swinksgb - on Shapeways for all GB mods and the other Library Step Option.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest
I have also made this mod design FREE to download and print for yourself if you have a 3d printer - but it strictly not to be on-sold. You need to login into Shapeways to see the download button.
Hope it helps.
Library Steps - V1
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Library Steps - V2 - which looks odd due to my lower library install
[quoted image]

Thanks, Swinks! I just got mine. It works perfectly and looks nice. Great design.

3 months later
#9199 3 years ago

Yeah, it looks kind of unfinished, but it’s just there to prevent stuck balls (pinballs, that is).

1 month later
#9283 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I was bothered by the flat buildings plastics used in the game. I removed them and made several 3D printer prototypes to get the best appearance and fit.
[quoted image]
Here’s what I ended up with. The buildings behind the firehouse took roughly 4 hours to print and the Stay Puft buildings took a bit over 6 hours. Once 3D printed, the window lights were cut out with a vinyl cutter and adhered, then the buildings were clear-coated.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
There are two separate areas of buildings. I wish both were simple bolt-on, easy installs. They are bolt-on… easy, but they were a little more involved than I wanted them to be.
The buildings behind the firehouse needed the playfield to be raised and I worked from the side of the game. A few screws needed to be loosened and a few removed to obtain access to the existing buildings. Unscrew both bolts at the bottom of the plastic and affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws.
[quoted image]
The buildings in front of Stay Puft are more visible and impressive, but of course they were more involved to put on. After removing the two screws that hold the stock building plastic, simply affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws. Sure, but I needed to take the main ramp completely off the game (removing the flap screws, several ramp mounts, unplugging a few items under the playfield and feed through).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I am pleased with the way these turned out. Here is the final design.
[quoted image]
Such a great game and great toys as is but just wanted something a bit more custom for the buildings.
I made a couple extra sets, if anyone is interested in one. I will list them in a marketplace ad.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Those are beautiful. Nice work.

3 weeks later
#9357 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a GP Pro PinCup, in like-new condition, hand painted by Modfather? I have mine on a Premium and it looks great. See pics. Unfortunately, I moved my game to a tight spot next to my stationary bike and need to free up some space.

Modfather sells these for $48 + tax and $9-$10 shipping. I’d sell it for $45 including domestic shipping, or $40 for local pickup.

13341F0C-3FDD-4746-9F91-758DF939D8FF (resized).jpeg13341F0C-3FDD-4746-9F91-758DF939D8FF (resized).jpegDCF3C2BF-0FF1-4431-BB4B-62E9E1E7EB3E (resized).jpegDCF3C2BF-0FF1-4431-BB4B-62E9E1E7EB3E (resized).jpeg
#9359 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Anyone interested in a GP Pro PinCup, in like-new condition, hand painted by Modfather? I have mine on a Premium and it looks great. See pics. Unfortunately, I moved my game to a tight spot next to my stationary bike and need to free up some space.
Modfather sells these for $48 + tax and $9-$10 shipping. I’d sell it for $45 including domestic shipping, or $40 for local pickup.[quoted image][quoted image]

Memorial Day discount! $35 shipped, $30 local pickup.

2 months later
#9512 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

You sir are correct. Would love to see someone make them happen…

Build it and they will come.

1 month later
#9686 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Good to know, thanks. I think the regular ones will fit though.

I have a regular Pinstadium set with the Mezel firehouse. It fits, though barely. The bulbs give off a weird prism effect off the firehouse, but some electrical tape over those few bulbs largely fixes the problem.

I like the lighting with the Pinstadiums, but the brackets are a bit ugly over the Yeti art blades, and it is a slight PIA to remove them when you lift the playfield. Trade offs, I guess…

1 week later
#9736 2 years ago

I thought that fugly topper was overpriced at $500.

1 month later
#9923 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Just got GB premium, love the game. What are the best options out there for side blades? My Trim has been painted all white!

The Stern Zombie Yeti blades are the best. He is such a talented artist, and the design fits perfectly with the playfield and backbox art.

1 week later
#9976 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Nope, its a cheat pure and simple! lol. I would imagine that if it were in the game from the manufacturer, it would have been incorporated into the game somehow. Such as to only be activated like a ball save for "x" amount of time, and then it would also have to be earned.
Im not sure how you can say its not a "cheat" when you just decide when the ball drains and when it wont... Seems like thats essentially the opposite of how pinball works.

Sure, but who cares? If it’s your game and it makes it more fun for you, mission accomplished.

2 weeks later
#10078 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Anybody else?
My neighbor just bought a real nice used car for $13K. Any way you cut it, $10K-$11K it is a lot of money. But I don't see many for sale. Is this truly one of those pins that when people say "it is nailed to the floor. It will never leave" they really mean it?
I am questioning my sanity. I am trying real hard to not fall off in the deep end.

GB premium was my first game a few years ago when I got into pinball. I still love it. When dialed in it is awesome, though it does have some design flaws which make it polarizing. I can’t see ever selling it unless I have to for financial reasons.

3 weeks later
#10275 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Days later, still in awe having a ColorDMD installed on this machine. I always thought the dot animations were top notch, and now in color, hot damn!

Which setting do you have it on? I think dots XL looks the best but could be persuaded otherwise.

1 week later
#10301 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Any pro under $7k seems to be moving within seconds and that would be a fantastic price. Listed above $8k and they may waiting for the right buyer.

Just curious: do buyers nowadays tend to scrutinize GB playfields for ghosted inserts? It was such a huge issue a few years ago but now no one seems to mention it. Maybe the new buyers aren’t aware of it…or just don’t care.

1 month later
#10651 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Unbelievable. Stern supplies them. Looks like I am going to, once again, do my part to keep the post office cash registers ringing.

[quoted image]

Buy some extras. Those things are cheaply made and break all the time—on all their games with drops. Stern should make them from a stronger material.

2 weeks later
#10714 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What is the purpose of the battery? I played my GB without the battery for one game when I figured out my battery was bad; The game played fine. So, if the battery is not for maintaining high scores, what is its purpose?

I think it’s for the internal clock to keep time for midnight madness, etc.

1 month later
#10823 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Flipper buttons not registering in game or test. Looks like it's goodbye again, node board 8. So that's 4 new boards I've shelled out for on GB alone.
Every time I look at a pin these days I just see a pile of node boards

Ugh. That’s terrible luck. Sounds like keeping a spare node board 8/9 is a good idea. Does anyone have a link for a good place to buy one?

3 weeks later
#10858 1 year ago

Stern drop targets are notorious for not dropping after hard direct hits. You could try to adjust the tension of the spring (pull a few loops to make it tighter) but it could just be how they are.

4 weeks later
#10884 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What are these two rubber bumpers that live in front of the fire station for? I cannot think of any useful purpose.
[quoted image]

I’m guessing to prevent stuck balls.

2 months later
#10968 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Looks awesome! But I think you're right, they're not being sold anymore as far as I can tell.

You could hit up TaylorVA. Maybe he’d do another run if there’s enough interest.

1 month later
#11140 1 year ago

I still think the Stern topper looks like crap, but what do I know? I also said the Internet would never catch on back in 1994.

1 week later
#11188 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the mirror mod? I see Cointaker has one and so does Mezel. Is the Mezel one worth the extra $100 for those that have seen both?
Thanks
Mike

I had the Cointaker one and removed it. To me it just blocked part of the art on the backboard for not much added functionality.

3 weeks later
#11257 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mine does this, too. All the time. I am thinking that maybe I could plant a skinny post behind that rubber and push it out a bit, but I am not at the point I want to drill a hole on my play field---even though it would be hidden.

Maybe adjust the leaf switches a bit so they aren’t quite as sensitive?

1 month later
#11402 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A disturbing statement. Makes me fear 3-4 more years out and imagine if that circuit board on the back box went bad. Will Stern make that CB available for a machine that sold for $$$$ thousands of dollars new but is now yesterday's news?

Yeah…probably not. Hopefully they can at least be repaired. It’s definitely a concern.

1 month later
#11443 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The targets won't drop with full power straight-on hits alot of times. Glancing works better. Maybe I just had myself convinced that the new springs would solve that

All Stern drop targets I’ve seen have that issue to some degree, but you can try pulling the stock springs over a loop or two to make it just a little bit tighter. That improved mine.

1 month later
#11612 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

All good/valid questions. This could possibly be remedied with updated code for the other spike1 games to support the more common spike2 boards and then by simply licensing out the reproduction build of these boards. Will this happen or can we press to try to make this happen?

If anyone in this thread is going to TPF, that would be an excellent question to raise at one of the Stern seminars.

2 months later
#11822 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:…in the continuing saga of the sold-out Spike 1 CPU node boards, Little Shop of Games does have one or more in stock for $699. I ordered one from Game Room Guys for $360 about 6 weeks ago, but they ran out before sending me one. They emailed me today, and they do expect more inventory in the next 30-60 days, but they don’t know exactly when.

I got one from Gameroom Guys for $360. He called me to confirm the order was legit because there was a run on them as soon as it was posted. He soon got wise to the demand and jacked up the price like the others.

10 months later
#12461 17 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Yes, this has happens on my game too. If I recall, this was brought up here back when the game was new and I think adjustments could be made so that he clears fine. It never bothered me enough to tinker with it and I’m not seeing any damage on my end. Granted I haven’t taken a magnifying glass to anything either.

This happens on mine as well and I haven’t had issues. When the discussion came up years ago, I recall that Stern said this was as designed. Some oeople were skeptical because it doesn’t do this on every game. You can adjust it, but I never bothered. Note that changes in Slimer’s height could affect hit sensitivity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spelunk71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.