IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3299 6 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked already, but did stern do away with the coin door safety switch? My KISS has one, and the GB manual still lists it. My newly purchased GBPrem doesn't have one.

#3301 6 years ago

Ok so you can confirm your GB doesn't have one? That's really what I am looking to figure out.

10 months later
#4795 5 years ago

I might be losing my mind, but I don't think I see all the "Light ..." awards. For example, with the Tobin's awards if I get "Light Negative Reinforcement" nothing obvious happens. This is typically when I hit the flipper's buttons to skip the animation. Another example is with collecting 20 ghosts. The insert "Light Tobin's" lights up, but nothing happens with the left scoop. Is there something else you need to hit to activate these awards? I looked through the bug list for the latest code and didn't see anything listed. What am I missing?

#4797 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I don't believe that those are active while a mode is running. If you get "light Tobins" while in a mode, it doesn't actually light. Complete the mode, or if it times out, then the "tobins" light will come on. The same applies for "negative reinforcement".
I can't say that I've seen that spelled out in the rules, but it is what occurs in the game.

Interesting. I know that doesn't apply to light EB, so at the very least it is inconsistent.

#4800 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

With no facts to back this up (not unheard of around here!) if it were intentional, I can somewhat see the logic. If a mode is running there are points to be had on the board. If no mode is running in GB, there is really nothing to shoot for score...captive balls to get to Multiball or "Ghost" to take the long way to get into a mode. At least "Tobins" or "NR" can give some kind of scoring opportunity outside of a mode. The fact that EB isn't deactivated during modes, makes me think it was intentional.
Or maybe I've way overthought this, and it's just a software glitch!!

Seems like a bug to me. When an award says "Light X" I would expect it to light without condition unless otherwise stated. I confirmed that both Tobin's and NR will not light if a mode is running. This means that if a mode is completed on a shot that immediately starts a new mode, they stay unlit. It seems unlikely it was intentional as this could mean never being able to collect these awards. All other "Light X" awards seem to light immediately; EB, Storage, Jackpot, PF mulitipliers, PKE. GB is heavily mode driven like you mentioned. You are supposed to be running modes and shouldn't be punished when they are running.

In any case, thanks for the insight you answered my original question!

1 month later
#4986 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

In contemplating a GB purchase I am considering carrots and maybe a center post if needed.... is that overdoing it a bit??

I think so, yes. I bought the lane protector/center post mod before I picked up my GBPrem with the anticipation that it the gap was going to be a big problem. A year later, it still sits on the shelf. To my surprise, after a bit of getting used to the game the gap doesn't bother me that much anymore. I think the two things that helped mitigate it for me was 1) raising the flipper angle to line up with the ball guides and 2) relaxing the tilt sensitivity. The first one helps with catches to keep the ball under better control to start with and the second lets me fight back against this evil machine

I tend to have more drains from the outlanes or the fun random shit that happens on this game (jumping flippers, popping over lane guides, magna sling hijinx, etc.) rather than STDM. The one exception is a straight roll from gozer out of the pops. THAT is a pain. I am planning to experiment with some kind of ball guide to help prevent this. It is the one time I am thankful slimer is out as he does a good job knocking ball off path.

My suggestion is to dial in the game with pitch and the mods I mentioned and play it for a while as stock. If it is a big pain for you then by all means give the carrots and center post a try.

-Rob

3 months later
#5283 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don't want any change to this at all. Plan your shots ahead. I don't want to have all of the modes lit after I finish a mode. That's one more shot I have to make. If you want to get into a certain mode and you are in a mode, make sure that shot is the last one you have to make.

I agree and hope they don't change this in the rules. I like the challenge of planning the mode completion shots. Makes sense to have it a game option to auto start the next mode.

*However* I absolutely think there is a problem when the last slimer hit is in the ecto goggles and collecting it forces the start of the next mode on the right ladder. This is random behavior and is extra frustrating when there is only one mode left in one of the other two sets.

#5285 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You always have the option of not taking the final shot and going thru the "ghost standup" method of relighting the modes. You can then take the one you want.

I don't think you understand the scenario I mean. If you complete some number of modes and your current one times out, you will need to hit the ghost target to bring down slimer and bash him in order to start the next mode. There are times when on the last slimer hit, the bash toy swings up and he moves to the ecto goggles. At this point there is nochoice on how to complete slimer, you must shoot the ecto goggles. The problem is, clearing slimer on the ecto shot will immediately start the next mode in the right ladder. That, I think is a problem. Of course this is only a Prem/LE issue.

Now that I have this annoyance at the tip of my brain, I will send a note to Stern while they are (supposedly) working on the GB code update. If anybody has Dwight's direct email, please send a PM.

#5289 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Now I understand. I don't think that I've ever had that exact scenario play out on mine.

Maybe I am just the only one who can't finish modes on time It's more common to see this behavior on the first ball if you miss the skill shot to start the first mode. Slimer jumping to the goggles is not a frequent occurrence. It is less of an annoyance on the first ball as most of the time people are aiming for the ecto skill shot and are resigned to starting the game with WBTD anyway.

11 months later
#6801 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

It's probably to leave the glass off a while after adjusting flippers and play it a while. I've found when you help "this" it might hurt "that" - If you increase the cradle ability of the left flipper you might make the left flipper to right ramp shot almost impossible. It's best to find the right compromise for you.

Great advice in general. I will say aligning the flippers with the inlane on GB provided the single most improvement to game play for me. As mentioned, it gives a fighting chance at catch and cradle. I did not notice any additional difficulty to hitting the extreme angle shots (gear targets and right scoop). So for me tat least here have been no negative trade offs.

2 weeks later
#6970 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Shouldn't break it entirely but expect any new elements added to the game to appear monochromatic. Color DMD will need to do a code update to get it 100%. They have been talking about updating it to fix known bugs so I'm sure at this point they are holding out till new code drops and then hopefully fix it all in one pass.

Yep this is right. There are animations that are new and will not be colored until the colorDMD team has a chance to provide an update, no biggie.

#6973 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

So will they show red or white? Or?

Grayscale mostly.

#6990 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

haha, im curious how many people will be disappointed by the new code. Seems the hopes and dreams are alive for this one! Some people seem to act like they will be getting a whole new game. Hey, I hope I am wrong but keeping expectations on the lower side.

My opinion is that even if you only casually enjoy the game play as it sits today, you will be very pleased with the update. For those that have really enjoyed the game over the past 3 years, they will only love it more. I doubt there will be much disappointed from these two groups. Anybody who hates the game play today, I suspect will continue to hate it and we will see the avalanche of complaints from them no matter what.

It never hurts to check your expectations and go in with a blank slate.

#7023 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Are they not dropping the code after the deadflip stream? Thought I read that earlier?

I am expecting them to go over the game play changes in the stream and the actual code to drop be a few days later as they finish up fixing last minute bugs.

#7048 4 years ago

Yay beta testers! Thanks for the callout Dwight!

You guys pretty much got all the high points. I didn't see mentioned the addition of flipper and auto launcher coil power controls. Turning these down have really improved overall gameplay for me anyway. Another subtle change is that to start the right ladder the ball has to go all the way around the full orbit. Starting this ladder is no more a gimmie with a backhand.

#7052 4 years ago

Also the 'K' skill shot advances the multiplier, not auto light both 2 and 3. I think the red inserts flash more, but I don't remember when.

#7148 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Of all the changes in the stream, the immediate mode completion worries me the most. I understand why they are doing it, but I'm not sure I'm going to like it better. I really hope they include this as a setting.

Yes there is a setting for this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=RobF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.