IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RipleYYY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1840 7 years ago

for those needing more infos on the gameplay, or just how to play it, we will try to do our best & show you...
tomorrow saturday 4PM (BRUXELLES, GMT+1), live stream from my house...

channel : https://www.twitch.tv/soireeflip

and after available on : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4Xe-cQ7J5kRgM-vZxCaZw

1 month later
#1979 7 years ago

nice score, even if now its quite impossible to compare each others, as with mode set-up available, GB is going from too easy (mode continous+time ON, factory settings) to still quite hard (mode continous+time OFF)

#1988 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Just for record keeping sake and reference my playfield has a date of 10/20/16 and I have no issues with Ghosting etc. Cabinet build is Nov. 2016. Also does anyone know what the " H5* Harold" sticker signifies?

"harold" was the code name at STERN for GB...

1 week later
#2010 7 years ago

6000€ ...

#2018 7 years ago

yep, finally some nice & quite various strategies in this game

just got a marshmallow mode going with in X3 starting shoot, that was 150.000.000 per shoot than ... according to your stragegy and having the PF in X6, this would have become some +/- 1B shoots in the mode

for those who're playing in DUO, its very fun now about the mass hysteria, as in fact it should be more easy while controlling only 1 flipper each, but its a complete mess all over, pure fun, laugh & adrenaline (tanx my son for these nice shared moments)

#2037 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Well said. The skillshot is just too damn important on GB. A guy won in league the other night by simply full plunging/dead bouncing into the scoop on every ball and just playing Don't Cross The Streams. Won the 4 player game and barely even had to flip!

how was the slope ? even more when playing in a league !?
when i do that on mine, ball didnt go higher than the mid right slingshot...

3 weeks later
#2105 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks Spelunk! I really love this pin and can't wait to get it dialed in just perfect. Wonder how hard the Stay Puft mode is to get to? I'm guessing that's the wizard mode right?

no, as said...

Quoted from gweempose:

The main wizard mode is "We're Ready to Believe You!". I've never reached it, and to be honest, I don't even know if its coded into the game yet.

got it, its in, its when you're finishing the 3rd ladder
and for what we've read from the begining, the big (big) wizard mode should be ARE YOU A GOD... !?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

And pretty damn easy to get to since you don't have to complete modes. Kinda miss that rule.

thats why evbd must change the factory settings, in this case the mode mission timer to OFF, else its indeed way to easy : start a mode, keep the ball on a flipper and wait... this is not playing pinball :/

1 week later
#2144 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Right on - cheers Chuck!
Definately a tough game - the gap between the flippers is huge - are people actually drilling the playfield & installing a center post like on WOZ? I wonder how much different longer flippers look and feel playing the game? I'm installing the cliffy set tonight & gonna order a guard to stop the hops off the stand-ups. Overall it looks awesome, but hard as hell out of the box. I've only gotten multiball once so far from the locks which is frustrating - I know - play better!

dont drill your PF !
as said above, or you choose to go for the lane protection with the center post, or you choose the "carrot" flippers (which i did), its only few millimeters greater, just enough/perfect to make the game "playable/enjoyable" for evbd

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/110304160913314353072/album/AF1QipNx_IU9D_O2JibvP1kLUyv2Nck0rTA7isZiqWJI/AF1QipNQrSNSfInAt0I0b3WTlIgT4VILps1ZzIOXQgAY

3 weeks later
#2445 7 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I installed the airball prevention plastic... Any tips on how to rectify this? Thanks!

well, as seen on pic, that also means that each shots (!) climbing or not the ramp, its touching the plastic... !? not good than !

i see 3 easy fix :

- as said above, upper the plastic on screw, no matter how
- re drill the holes (in line) to than have some adjusting possibilities (in this case plastic should be set a bit more near to the apron)
- lime (just a few) the plastic, just the place behind/above the the ramp

#2520 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I just beat my highest score by a landslide.
8,636,972,320!
I had 6x playfield multipliers with a pretty long mass hysteria multi-ball.
3 ball game
All defaults
I'm super stoked!
Junky

nice of course
but ALL DEFAULTS is not good if you're a good player already
its too easy with the mode (timer) being completed even if you just keep the ball on a flipper and wait for the timer to reach 0... this have to be change for sure

#2521 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No fuse on my board, it was one of the first off the line back in April of last year. I did see the new replacement boards had fuses though

Quoted from Rob_G:

Did you check the fuse on the node board?

pics somewhere ?

well, than i'm not crazy, as for what i remember, didnt found fuse on my 1st GB (also very first runs)
will check asap my 2nd one...

#2535 7 years ago

I never said I was a good player. I just had one really good game. In my opinion I don't think this game is too easy either. I get SO MANY center drains it's crazy. One of the reasons I am loving this game so much is because it's difficult though.Junky

well, scoring that is not only luck, than you're a good player (and my previous com was positive of course)

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure you cannot time out modes. Dwight doesn't allow it. Haha. Mode timers pause after a few seconds of no switch hits. No idea why someone would time out the modes in GB anyway. That's where all the points are.

right, but it remains easy to just make a switch
right again about collecting points in mode, lets admit the aim in this case is to avoid playing hard/dangerous ones to reach easier the wizard...

and even not sure as long time not put my hands in the setup but i think we can bypass that chrono being stop

bah

#2547 7 years ago

you're just few monthes late guys...
all this, and much more, already listed in the 1.13 (and also few numbers before) topic talks incl feedback/bug/ideas

the sound is too low, hoping Dwight make it louder
about red lights in the outlanes : the 2 are off, flippers are normal, the 2 are blinking, meaning beware, flippers are inverted

and even better : a possible set-up in the menu, about inverted flippers, with 3 choices :

- factory settings : as now, invertion going on & off
- no inversion
- full inversion : flipper are inverted during all the multiball

#2606 7 years ago

1. assuming that WARTBY is not the same than AYAG (for Dwight i mean), than no, its still not in

2. without the gate being active ? than its not logical

3. time mode to OFF (its ON from factory); and if you like it more brutal, remove the gate at the right lane at the bumpers exit

4. well, ghosting is ghosting, what you have said will not make the ghosting "better"

1 week later
#2697 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Is there a cliffy or something to protect the ESP (Van Horne) kickoff. Something like the shire protector? Maybe it doesn't exist yet.

not sure if you said it before, but how much games on this pin ?
as it looks quite "damaged" already... :/

#2769 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I wanted to give my thanks and round of applause for all the help chucksmith is sharing in this thread!
A Godsend to Stern and Pinside for all the Help!!

in the other way, its a bit pity that "new owners" didnt search or just read previous pages (even if i know, its already page 56 here)
as most of the last probs related are not new and already debated more than few times

see, i was interested in (and than bought it) an Avengers, than i've read all his "club" topic, because i know it would be usefull for me

but OK...

#2784 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

When I 1st joined, I had a lot of help with little questions that were a big deal to me, yet everyone was really helpful & patient. Thank you to everyone who helped me when I 1st bought by Ghostbusters Pinball machine.

and i was one of these guys as i was more than active in some GB threads, including code update... (btw, of course +1 with what Art said about you)
btw, its not my com was negative to just be negative (even more when i'm NOT natural english native, and also far from being perfect in that language) but more to people do a simple search by themself instead of having this easy reflex to ask evbd for the probs they have in front of them

in the same idea not sure if the "dick" joke is a... joke !?

meanwhile, for those not liking what i wrote, without knowing me, than feel free to add some more negative thumbs if this makes you feel better

have a nice day, and of course enjoy GB

#2808 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I moved my posts down too, but honestly haven't noticed ANY difference.
I'm thinking about getting these.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00752-save-post-for-ghostbusters-by-yoyokopter

same here, didnt noticed real difference while moving post (its now at medium settings, with small rubbers on the metal lane)
the Yoyo mods are nice (for having playtested the 1st version, it even close too much, think the new/actual version must just be perfect now)

and about cabs being "broken" as it at the angle, i just cant understand that on new pins !?
OK about reinforcement, but what seems better & logical in your case is just a swap with a new cab !

anyway good luck with these :/

2 weeks later
#2880 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The rumor around here is that there will be no more new code.
I certainly hope that's not true. WARTB as it stands is a joke. It takes a lot of effort to get there and the payoff is weak.

rumors are rumors...
and facts are facts ! Dwight clearly said, to some of us, that GB is now done, simple as that
btw, i'm also with the most of us hopping he will bring on his "home/freetime" to give us more, but...

#2885 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So if the code is done, is this game worth buying as is? Does it feel incomplete? I'm considering getting one and would love to know from someone who's had one for at least 5-6 months....

if you're a (very) good player (with mind easily linked to code), you should see few things you will not like...
if you're just casual, you will surelly never notice what we are refering about...

#2941 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Just got a couple games in.
For the most part, didn't seem to be able to have any impact on Tobins. However, there was one instance where I did feel like the flipper did make the list react. Will definitely have to continue to pay attention.
Got to WARTB for the 3rd time.
Still extremely disappointing. It started with out much of any intro. That was strange, I thought the other times at least the start was interesting. One of my better games though. Was able to complete the left ladder a 2nd time and get WCWS going again. Didn't really notice if scores get any kind of bump, but it didn't seem like it.
Lastly, was fishing around in the menus. There is a timer setting for Are You A God MB. Pretty shitty that it probably won't make it into the game. I was ready to let them slide for putting it on the score card, but having it in menus has reignited my sadness.

than game is to easy for you, or the factory set-up is to easy !
not sure how is yours (moded with carrot flippers, and/or center post, or just nothing)
but what should be change is the time out mode (n° 50) and/or mode continue (n° 51)
(the n° 43 to pause the timer is not really a prob, just control the ball on a flipper (no matter right or left) and do an easy shoot, as the right lane, to activate the timer again, and so on...)

here home, to change our way of playing with my son, just go back to factory settings, and for sure its a nonsense :

ball 1 : going for the right ladder, WBTD started & played & finished normally... the last shoot in the right lane directly launch SPOOK CENTRAL, didnt finished it, than have to relight the ladder with the slimer... than start GOOZER, few shoots to make value bigger, and than i lose the ball

ball 2 : going for the right ladder as the skillshot, than i'm (already !!!) at the MARSHMALLOW... play it (its time to get some points lol), and as often its also when all is going to light quite in the same time : start STORAGE FACTORY, complete MM, start WCWS, start PKE, and finally start MASS HYSTERIA... from last time i've check points at 800M, i'm now at 4B...

ball 3 + 2 EB : just play as it (not gone to WARTBY)... with 3 skillshots, and even more some luck with a "+10%" of the score in the mystery, game ended with 8.9B

funny, but in fact not really
but of course evbd set-up the game how he feels/likes it and its a good thing to have these options available of course
all this said, enjoy GB !

#2964 6 years ago

seen it too if course... wanted to reply to Jared directly on facebook, but...
and than, Jared, do you know more things than even Dwight ignore ?
must admit its really confusing

my GB could leave soon, but i admit that one more time i'm really asking myself to know what to do (just wait again ?)

#2994 6 years ago

if i remember well its 3 scenes and 50 ghosts (not 15)

1 week later
#3060 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

In my league, a couple guys just cross there arms and so right hand is on left flipper and vise versa

of course
but my son didnt do it, still playing (and playing well of course) without crossing hands... !!!
to me i just cant as it, my brain is to old, coordination is fragmented lol

Quoted from ramegoom:

Too bad you can't disable that reversed-flipper feature thru the menu. When I get to that mode, I end up pounding both flippers like a 2-year old kid. Wear and tear on the system when you do that. And no control whatsoever. Probably the number two frustration in the game, STDM being number one.
So.
I will be designing a circuit that reverses the reverse flippers when that mode kicks in. Flippers will then work normally throughout that mode. My goal for the next few weeks. Someday they might add a disable menu choice to the code, but I can't wait for someday.

asked from time to D.
mainly 3 options would be very nice :

1. factory setting : as now
2. no flipper change at all
3. flipper change, and remain as it during all the MHMB, than back to normal when it ends

#3061 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah, you can increase them by hitting various switches before hitting a ramp or orbit

wrong...

Quoted from pinden007:

What are the multipliers? You can increase the 1x 1x 1x 1x?

you increase them only with the GOOZER target, and the multiplicators are changing while hittings the bumpers

#3062 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I would love for some type of visual cue for when the flippers reverse, on top of the sound notification. Perhaps make use of the red flashers in the outlanes that were intended for the proton beams. Like, light them both up when flippers are reversed, and off when 'normal'.

also in the wish-list from time...

#3064 6 years ago

of course its just "personal" taste, for me here at home i would choose setting 3... like in TSPP

#3087 6 years ago

I just played my absolute best game ever!

nice score

and than again on GB, the PF multiplier is "the" key, and it makes the scores so unbalanced, but OK in a another way it could be so tactical
my son had a similar games as yours (200+ ghosts, 2 MH, 2 ladders completed ... from what i remember), and scores "only" the 1/2 of your points

#3120 6 years ago

and just another game to prove that GB is quite unbalanced on how its scoring...
or may be just to confirm what we're saying in tournament : pinball is a 1 ball game...

ok than,

ball 1 : 155.000 pts (quite hard to score less than that)
ball 2 : something in the 500.000 pts ... misery continues lol
ball 3 (+EB) : i got quite all, only BACK OFF MAN missing to get the big wizard, finishing my game at +8B (and again i didnt "think/play" with the PF multiplier, that's for sure my biggest prob on this game)

finally, games like that are making GB even more fun

1 week later
#3211 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

That looks like the Hulk's testicle.

and than, i only have a single question : the left, or the right !?

#3218 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am pretty sure it's the left.

good point ! its correct ! thats the left one !

i know it, as in fact i've tried to touch the right few days ago, and...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_01/Hero3CP_468x606.jpg

#3230 6 years ago

another great game in term of play, but again misery in term of points (absolute no PF multiplier done in this game)

reach/played WARTBY (including a funny/hard/crazy 2nd MASS HYSTERIA in it !!!), and than ending with only 4.6B...

#3234 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I haven't tired those but you could get two of these for 50 cents if you can figure the size (which I haven't been able to do).

my pic from my GB
must say i'm still with these, working OK for sure
may be if you'll go for this, dont cut the ring as me, better remove the steel lane and insert properly the rings...
and sorry cant say what size these are, i had a full stock of various sides

now, about the Yoyo mods, its good too
he's here on pinside and could told more about it... PM him may be

PS : btw, this was my 1st GB, the one with ghosting & clearcoat probs
and you can see the clearcoat bad quality at the plot at the outlanes, with the circle marked in it

#3245 6 years ago

i have to correct about the Yoyo mods :

i was a betatester for the version 1, and yes those were too long and close outlanes way too much...
these last ones are shorter and seems OK (? i have not tried them !)

again, ask Yoyo
(and i will point him here)

1 week later
#3273 6 years ago

(yes, its frustrating)

but again, depending on how you have set-up the pin, it goes from too easy to too hard...
on "factory", dont need to make all the needeed shots to finish/complete a mission, only make a switch time to time (to relaunch stopped timer) and wait for timer to reach 0... that's bad (and to easy) for sure :/

#3278 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

would be good if they finished some code on these...

well, i was quite "involved" in new code & ideas hope...

tomorrow, the GB will (should be) leave the house for a new home, think its enough for me
but as always, and just to make the universal law wrong, be sure a new code will be available right after my GB will be out !!!

lol

#3282 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Did you keep it for how long? I do not buy more game if the code is not finished ... it is so frustrating

+1
lesson learned

#3283 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But it's like getting a whole new game when it's done. But I understand what your saying.

ok if you're lucky enough to own lots of games...
i have only 2 pins home, than i cant see it as it

#3286 6 years ago

asta la vista... let's say bye-bye to this club

no more patience for me
now, i hope you guys still get a code update in a near future, as GB deserve it, its something very special and not common in pinball history

gb (resized).JPGgb (resized).JPG

#3289 6 years ago

as Art said

the guy who bought my GB takes it mainly because he knows i've got no ghosting & no clearcoat probs (after +/- 1 year at home)... simple as that
may be control quality has change at STERN, but seems a NIB remains a lotery

1 month later
#3538 6 years ago

and aim these targets with a reverse shoot, its near 100% working (and safe) as it
as yes, a direct hit is often a pain...

#3611 6 years ago

will say it for the last time on this topic (as some didnt read old posts) : i had some private talks with Dwight here, and he said about 1.13 as i was asking for more :

until he gets some own freetime to work on it, GB must be considered as DONE

but OK, we never know, and hope remain alive (to me, i have sold the GB... )

#3612 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Is their an option to turn off the mode timers completely. I have the game set up so the modes are not completed if the timer runs out because I think timing out modes sucks you should have to complete the mode to move on

didnt remember, n° 51 & 52 i think
and you're right, way too easy now from factory

Quoted from Pinballpal:

but having to start the mode over hitting slimmer 3 times if the timer runs out is even worse.

why !?
seems quite logical and not a real prob

#3633 6 years ago

also do not forget MARSHMALLOW multipliers... hard to master and get them, but these + the PF X2X3 will explode yours scores

#3638 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Marshmallow multipliers?

Quoted from abagwell:

I've also had the 2x awarded to me from Tobin's Spirit Guide. I'm assuming by marshmallow multipliers you mean the Stay Puft thing when you choose the form? I was curious about that because the couple of times I've gotten to that mode (I almost always focus on the two and three scene ladders) all of my choices for choose were at 1X, is there a way to increase those before I shoot one?

yes

yes & yes

and than, you have the 4 multipliers ready to X1...
before "choosing" with 1 of the 4 main shoots, you can increase these shoots (1 at the time) with the GOOZER target, while the bumpers are changing the lane/multipliers is going to be increase, and this with no limit of course UNTIL you did not make a main shoot starting stay puft

easy to understand, quite hard to achieve
good luck

#3643 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

A special shoutout to the Stay Puft mode for giving literally zero indication of how to increase the multipliers haha, thanks for the tip though!

yep i know
we're players here, and it takes more than some time to understand...

go for it now, a real trick as aiming for goozer without making one of the (unwanted) main shoot is not easy

#3648 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

...I had around 35x...

heu... for what i remember, bonus multipliers goes to X20 maximum...

#3669 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

» YouTube video
Well...i did it...still amounted to a bad score which I later beat by only beating left loop and scoop ladders lol. 3.8b is my gc. The scoring in GB is so weird.

yep, i bit disapointing with your WM
we've done a bit longer here, as after main shoots done, you have to lock 2 balls on the 2 scoops...

#3691 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

What about Bobby Brown?

he's here :

11 months later
#5168 5 years ago

37 loops on GB

not sure this could be quite high, but for what i remember, never did that on mine when i get the pin home...
just found a GB near my house in an arcade, it's than all from factory (5 balls, code 1.11), including airballs (above the outlanes, oh dear), and big gap
the left scoop is exiting the ball quite always STDM, you have to "slide" the machine, which for sure blow a warning... luckily, there're a lot of EB on this pin, same about ball saver...

even with that, with 1 coin, get 11 credits and put a 5.5B score on it, high is 5.7B, but mostly i hit 37 loops

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.95
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RipleYYY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=RipleYYY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.