IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDoctor82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6022 5 years ago

I'm way behind on this forum and should have joined years ago. Boy, it sure is refreshing to see so many people mentioned the ball drain issues on the game; and here I thought I sucked most of the time.

I can't wait to get a house to set up a game room because I have yet to put my Ecto lightbar topper on my machine and that just takes it to an entirely different level from the videos I've seen. For now, it's safe in my buddy's place with my other games (yes, he literally has a room with my just my games...I guess I owe him free healthcare in the future).

20171024_120134_zpsbwhgbplw (resized).JPG20171024_120134_zpsbwhgbplw (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#6080 4 years ago

It really is the most brutally unforgiving pin I have played, but if it were super easy would there really be a reason to keep playing? I love the challenge...I just wish I understood the scoring more. In time that should happen.

Quoted from mesmashu:

I've owned this game for almost two months and it's definitely growing on me. The first month was brutal, it was kicking my ass and pissing me off. I've gotten better and now it reminds me of Iron Man (from a difficulty standpoint) with more shots to shoot at and deeper code. It still pisses me off but I keep hitting the start button. If only I didn't brick so many left ramp and left orbit shots...

1 week later
#6149 4 years ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Just traded for a GB Pro. All stock. Should I invest in a color DMD and a shaker? What other mods do people suggest? LCD DMD or LED DMD? Any suggestions will help on mods to enjoy the experience. Thanks

The LED DMD is AMAZING. I had a shaker in mine and it was excessive, especially on containment unit multi-ball mode. I opted to shut it off and I feel the gameplay is better without it.

#6168 4 years ago

I was going to say that the Ecto-1 lightbar topper is an essential mod. Only a few are out there for sale now, and it is expensive, but man, it's so cool.

2 weeks later
#6246 4 years ago

I wonder if I can make that kind of money if I charge my buddies to play when they come over...hmmm...

#6256 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Anyone else see this yesterday? A friend of mine sent it to me but when I went to check it had already been deleted.[quoted image]

Well, that's a tease...

#6292 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Seriously, joking about new code in a ghostbusters forum is just as bad as yelling fire in a crowded building!

Please tell me you haven't tried this...

#6328 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

On a separate note, I'd like to conduct an unofficial poll on the best color dmd for GB: LED or LCD?
I've read arguments for both. Was leaning lcd fir the versatility but not sure I want to deal with the odd fit and extras required to get it installed.

I have seen both and the LED blew me away...it's just so bright and amazing. The LCD is definitely nice too...but yeah, I sent my LCD back for the LED after I realized I had made the mistake ordering the LCD.

#6331 4 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

Dang, hate reading this just a few hours after ordering LCD!

Don't sweat it, the LCD is very nice...I just can't get over the brightness of the LED. It lights up a room and seeing the Ecto on the LED gave me goosebumps. The LCD delivers a great vibe too.

#6336 4 years ago

I totally agree that the LCD is nice too...it's all personal preference. I love the brightness, but this game makes me more excited than it probably should, and the LED feeds into that. In reality, I have played other games that I love the LCD DMD for...it's a case by case basis. I'm going to have a hell of a time picking which to get for my Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure but will probably opt for the LED again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDoctor82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=PinDoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.