IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7899 4 years ago

Hello everyone.

Happy to say that i joined the club with a Premium today. Really happy with the machine that have had 1 previous owner and looks mint.

I have one issue i wanted to hear if anyone else experienced:

The left scoleri brother target wont stay up when done by tha coil / code. It just goes straight down again. Think it stays up maybe 1 in 20 tries when energising it in test mode. If i just push up the coil plunger with my finger it always stays up.

I recorded a slo-mo video showing it. In the video it seems like the vibrations are so strong that the small flap that pokes the plastic part actually hits it and therefor releases it. But that isn't the case. Even ih i firmly hold the release in place it still happens.

It just seems that it is the whole drop down mech that vibrates and flexes so much that the little "hold tap" on the plastic part slips off the edge...

Anyone else experienced this?

#7904 4 years ago

The fix in his video is for targets that doesn't go down. My problem is the left target won't stay up. But i think i will play around with the spring and see if i can change anything.

Another question:

When i shoot the ball up the storage facility ramp, it's not always registered. I think there is only one switch on that ramp, right after the right turn. And if i test that switch in test mode, it's impossible for me to get the ball past the switch without it registering, no matter what i do (sliding it along both edges, center, "top" and bottom). The ball simply doesn't seem to be able to pass the switch without being registered. But in a game it happens! Very frustrating, as its quite an important shot.

Can it be a bad switch, and the speed alone that does it? Or what on earth could it be?

#7905 4 years ago

Thank you very much. I guess that would definitely be worth checking out.

Perhaps have a mate of mine print this enhanced version someone made:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:969909/comments

#7907 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

"When i shoot the ball up the storage facility ramp, it's not always registered". Check the switch at the top of the ramp. It is a known issue that that switch does not register shots always, as they came out of the box. Just bend the switch leaf until it work, be careful!

Hmm, i think i already checked that. Like i wrote i am simply unable to move the ball (with my fingers) past the switch without it registers. Have already bent it out a little bit just to be on the safe side, but guess i'll try bending it just a little bit more.

Thank you everyone for your advice!

#7915 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It solved my issue of the target not staying up.

Thank you for that tip. I actually think I solved it today. As some may have noticed in the video, the previous owner had stretched the long spring and attached it in the back of the assembly. Perhaps to make sure the target would go down. But I decided to try and revert that, and attach the spring the way it was supposed to. And lo and behold, the target now stays up. And after 7-8 games, it keeps staying up, and still goes down when hit.

So fingers crossed it's solved. If not, I am definitely going to try your fix, to put a little more pressure towards the plastic drop target so it doesn't flex as much.

#7916 4 years ago

So i just discovered that there are some new sound options available for my GB Premium. I read about a mix by "delt31" and a mix by "mudflaps".

Any thoughts on the two of them for owners in here? And are there other options available that i've missed?

#7918 4 years ago

Thank you for replying!

I will definitely try out the both, and see if i like them better than the original. I actually think the original sounds are pretty good, but who knows, maybe i just dont know what i have been missing

I think i read something about a "cleland version" too? But i haven't been able to locate it.

Can't wait to check it out.

Now i just need to find a suitable SD card to put the software on...

#7920 4 years ago

LOL, well alright then... Guess that kind of makes sense

I have actually heard his work on a GOTG. Really did wonders for that machine.

#7930 4 years ago

SPIKE noob question... Sorry

So i wanted to install one of the sound mods today. Got myself a USB drive, and a new SD card. Formatted both as FAT32

Copied the spk file to the USB, and then inserted the SD card in the backbox, followed by the USB stick, and then turned on the machine. And nothing happens. It just shows the Stern logo.

If i insert the original SD card i see the update menu.

So is it correct that i either need to clone the original card to the new one, and then update? Alternatively download the SD Card iso from the Stern website, write that to the card, and then update?

I was hoping that i could just insert a clean SD card and then firmware on the system would still allow me to update?

#7933 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Did you switch the dip switch in the backbox?

No? Would that allow me to install directly to an empty SD card?

Like i said, i'm a SPIKE newbie, so its all pretty new to me. I'm used to burning U6 roms for WPC

#7939 4 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

The SD card has to have the boot image on it, then the new code will be copied from USB.

Yeah i figured that out. Wrote the ISO file from Stern to s new SD card, and was then able to update that card with the modded code on the USB stick.

Works great, but I had hoped I would be able to keep all settings and scores when installing the modded sound spk. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case, as I end up with factory settings, even if I clone my original card with my hiscores, and try updating that one.

As I understand it I have to do a full install?

3 weeks later
#8061 4 years ago

Hi everyone. I recently joined the club, and i'm enjoying my Premium tremendously. However i have an issue, that i understand is very common.

On my machine it is practically impossible to make the small right ramp. The balI simply doesn't make it up the ramp more than perhaps 1-2 out of 10 shots. Even with the left flipper power set to strong. I read somewhere to check that the metal guides were curved and following the plastic ramp correctly. And that does seem to be the case. There are no gaps to speak of.

I also read about putting in a shorter hex spacer. Being from Denmark, i have a hard time converting your measurements to millimeters or centimeters. But i tried taking out the original one, and it seems to be exactly 50mm long. Can anyone tell me the exact size i should replace it with? I dont know how much shorter to make it? I would like to go as short as possible to help make the shot as easy as possible.

And a bonus question: On the left slingshot, where tha ramp attaches, i seem to have a small angled piece of metal with a hole in it, as if something should have been mounted there? Do you guys have that too? I'll se if i can upload a picture of it a little later.

#8075 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I cut off mine in this measure

Screenshot_20200309-205324 (resized).png

Thank you for replying. But i am a little confused....

I clearly see the LED saying 38.7mm, but according to the markings on the calipers, it seems to be more like 45mm ?

4 weeks later
#8177 4 years ago

Nicely done!! Looks awesome. I'm not usually much for modding, but i would actually consider that...

1 month later
#8313 3 years ago

I got this one from Stern for the Ecto Googles display, but actually never got around to mounting it yet:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB187-1.pdf

Perhaps i should do it today! Man i would hate for it to break the LCD, knowing that i had a protector lying around, but was too lazy to mount it

#8320 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I have that protector installed on mine. I can see it protecting a ball from hitting the circular reflective glass, but in my situation it was a line drive ball straight from the flipper that hit the LCD screen.

Yeah, i see what you mean. However, stern writes this in the service bulletin:

"It has been brought to our attention that some games are experiencing air balls which can hit and damage the Ecto Goggles LCD."

So you would think the protector they supply was actually designed for protecting the screen itself.

I would like a protector like the one from Hooked, but getting that in Europe would be really expensive. Anybody know of a similar one that is available in europe?

3 months later
#8585 3 years ago

Sounds great. If it will work in a Premium, I would very much like to try it!

1 month later
#8695 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I also had to create my own custom soundtrack

Would you be willing to share it? If yes, and it works on my premium, please PM me

#8701 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ni5vFjL-ffJYfWyDTWuAnnavTfhyDV6k/view?usp=sharing

Never tried it on a premium, but give it a shot. Just install on a new SD card so you can pop your card back in if it doesn’t work.

Thank you so much!
Unfortunately i don't think it will work, but i will definitely give it a shot and report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.