IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oshara.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1890 7 years ago

Ours arrived Friday, 200ish plays already . . we might be addicted Our first pin and we couldn't be happier. I have a couple questions for some of you more experienced folks.

Our machine has a date of December 14th on the back of the cabinet, but the playfield is from July. Should that bother us and/or is there anything to be done? Is it just the luck of the draw and/or can we have been more informed buyers? The only issue we've noticed so far is the typo, other than that the game seems to run fine.

Second, what's up with the library scoop (is that what it's called?)? Seems the majority of the time it just ejects right between the flippers with no chance of saving the ball . . makes those extra balls feel more of a penalty than anything. I get that the eject is supposed to be challenging, but seems most of the time we don't even have a chance.

Anyway we're thrilled to be a part of this community!

IMG_0901[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0901[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_0920[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0920[1] (resized).JPG

#1892 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Adjust the power of the eject in the settings until it feeds one of the flippers.

Thanks Chuck - what a difference!

3 weeks later
#1998 7 years ago

How would people feel if they changed the right orbit skill shot (Start a Scene) to start a random scene, rather than WBTD? From my experience and comments I've read on various GB threads, WBTD gets kind of stale since it's the easiest scene to start(again my experience).

Lately I just start with library as my scene skill shot but that takes a bit more effort - plus it's pretty fun to just plunge, nail the right orbit, and get right into the action.

Or do others choose different skill shots and am I the minority here?

7 months later
#3810 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

"IF I revisit Ghostbusters..." Really Dwight?
The game isn't finished. How can you consider it complete without the final wizard mode?

Couldn't agree more. That comment really stings.

3 months later
#4250 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Fun thing I learned replacing the Library scoop protector, you can widen and narrow the entrance to spinner lane (left orbit). The screw that holds down the metal rail with the blue bumper on it is held by an adjustable brace. Mine was set as narrow as it would go by factory settings, and I have always found that shot pretty hard. Just widened it up and its a much more reasonable shot now. Going to see if I can do the same with the right short ramp tonight.

Has anyone else had luck with this and/or have pics of the brace that Scary mentions? Had a look under the PF tonight and didn't see any adjustable base, unless it's under the plastics . . ?

#4255 6 years ago
Quoted from jasch697:

It's not under the PF. The screw is under the library plastic behind the library scoop near the captive ball assembly.

Thanks will take another look.

3 months later
#4748 6 years ago

Does anyone have suggestions to get
the ball to feed cleanly to the left flipper after a plunge? Ours used to roll smoothly off the metal rail setting up a clean shot to the right loop or easy catch, but lately it comes down closer to the center of the loop feeding almost to the tip of the left flipper.

Can’t seem to figure out what’s causing this.

Thanks in advance!
Osh

#4750 6 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Short plunge, catch on right flipper and backhand right orbit. Safer anyway

Hehe yeah we don’t really rely on that feed to play but the game is brutal enough when we have friends over.

1 week later
#4759 6 years ago

Thanks Scary and Pinden. Will try both of those when I get back home. Appreciate the tips!!

1 month later
#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Stern has been saying a code update is coming, and looks like it'll be summer. I'm hoping they do something to make it where the modes are not so linear (of course fix bugs too). I really like the game, but I'm getting sick of playing the same first modes constantly. Never realized how spoiled I was with ST where you could pick any mode to play.

Agreed, still a very fun game but some randomness in the modes would go a long way. We're still missing Are You a God and red inserts on the outlanes don't do anything. Hoping for a pretty strong update!

4 months later
#5320 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I might be the only one I know of who doesn't have airball issues. Mine is a launch party ear machine, so I wonder if they tweaked something shortly after that introduced airballs. The good news is there are several options that exist to combat the issue.

You're not the only one . .

1 year later
#7687 4 years ago

We no longer got one. It was our first pin and just sold it to a great guy. I know he’ll take care of it.

Enjoy the game everyone. Never will understand the hate. What a great game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oshara.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Oshara and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.