20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5028 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

My GB Pro I bought a month ago NIB has the "reinforcment" misspelling.

Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the build date on the back of the machine? If it's recent, then Stern is sneaking those old playfields into new US builds and this is the first confirmation.

I don't think Stern fixed the spelling on Pro games. My original and replacement playfields both were misspelled.

1 week later
#5064 5 years ago

In the last Stern of the Union address they said. Aerosmith first. So Ghostbusters could be followed after or Kiss.

2 weeks later
#5102 5 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

I have the misspelling of 'negative reinforcment' with a build date of 06/2018

Is it a Pro? I don’t think they fixed the issue on Pro games. I haven’t seen a pro with correct spelling.

1 month later
#5190 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

glad to hear the code will be eventually out this year

Don’t get your hopes up.
Neither Stern or Color-DMD will come out befor 2019... Sadly...

2 weeks later
#5218 5 years ago

Stern said a long time ago „We will start on Ghostbusters as soon as Star Wars hits 1.0“

Well stern did Star Wars... „V1.00 - December 11, 2017“...

Stern said „Aerosmith, Kiss and Ghostbuster will get some additional polish and one final update. Wich will start to release mid summer“ Wait... Yes we have got nothing.,,

Current status is: Aerosmith is selected to release by end of September followed by Kiss and Ghostbusters last. Let’s see if Stern is telling the truth this time...

I guess we won’t see GB code before early 2019

They also said another BM66 code update will release by the end of this month. Well, they have 2 more days.

DON‘T blame me for telling the truth. I don’t hate Stern. But they should at least stick to their promises.

To be fair, stern has gotten better in the past few month

2 months later
#5532 5 years ago

I know it’s not Lyman’s fault. But he might should consider starting finishing up his colleges undone projects

2 weeks later
#5586 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can someone take a pic of the slimer motor?

Pro or Prem/LE

2 months later
#5835 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I have mine turned off unless I have people over, then I turn it back on. Funny as all get out when the machine dies, they look like "What happened", then it screams at them and scares the crap out of them. I'm sick that way.

Well the backbox light should also turn off, so the feature gets even better

1 week later
#5877 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This...
[quoted image]

Who knows wich game he was referring to, probably not Ghostbusters...

#5910 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

am I the only one who saw a sudden flurry of activity on here and was hoping that the stern code update had actuallybeen released?

Almost had a heart attack. But no update.

2 weeks later
#6021 4 years ago

Guys! Please don't post so much on here! I almost thought the new code update finally dropped... Just kidding

3 weeks later
#6095 4 years ago

GB 1.13 was released January 9th in 2017. Their website states 5.25.18 because they moved around their website at that time.

#6101 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Inserted new speakers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What are those mats for? Inside the bottom cabinet?

#6119 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I heard Jack Danger say that a GB code update is coming reql soon!

We also heard that from ZombiYeti.
I did hear it from another source as well. Let’s just hope it’s not only bug fixes.

#6121 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

At this point I would be happy with bug fixes!

Well, I guess it’s just you then.

1 week later
#6175 4 years ago

Anyone else having issues with breaking rubbers at the right saucer? It’s the 3rd ring wich is about to break.

FA5B1207-1088-4208-8CC3-9DC28F461346 (resized).jpegFA5B1207-1088-4208-8CC3-9DC28F461346 (resized).jpeg
#6177 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I have about 5,000 plays on mine and have never had an issue. See if the post has any sharp edges that the ball can push the rubber against.

I have checked it a while ago. It’s fine. My game has around 3000 plays. And this is now the 3rd ring at this place wich is about to snap. I am using Titanrings. Wich ones do you use?
Both of my drop target springs broke as well. They broke just around 20 games apart. I have the stronger ones put in.

#6200 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Im shopping a GB pro and the only issue my friend was having is an intermittent right flipper. Ive fixed many flipper issues on older pins. usually its the leaf switch not making contact when press button the leaf switch out of alignment. In test mode it seems to work all the time. Im watching through the apron and the leaf switch looks perfect even when it wont fire. Is this a potential node board issue? never really had to troubleshoot spike pin. Ill double check the leaf switches this weekend but at first glance they look like they are making contact at the right gap.

First thing I would check is it running latest code 1.13? There was a software related issue in earlier code versions regarding weak flippers. This could be your problem.

#6202 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. It’s running 1.11 I’ll investigate more this weekend

Good news, they have fixed it after 1.11 so your problem will be solved.
You can download the newest software here https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/ghostbusters-1_13.spk

V1.12 - December 9, 2016
===================================

Fixes:
- pinnode v0.19.8 - Fixed "weak flipper" issue. This bug manifested itself as a
weak flipper
if the flipper EOS switch is working only intermittently during gameplay.

1 week later
#6240 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Looks like $18k is just since 1.13. Lifetime earnings is $25k. That's pretty awesome. Mine should finish paying for itself early next year. Where do you guys find this massive player base?

Since all the adjustments and audits get lost after each update. The game actually earned 18k since the last update. Lifetime stats are not functioning correct. My HUO GB claims to have earned a few Euros. Funny thing is, the game does not even have a coin mech.

1 week later
#6380 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Can we stop this ignorant meme. If you think this, I am pretty sure you have never spoken to Dwight in your life. Stop the personal attacks on him. You can complain about the business unit and the decisions they make. You can complain about Gomez, as the person accountable for those business decisions.

I guess you mixed things up.
We can't complain about Gomez at all, since he is the guy which was always honest and did confirm GB needs an update, since its not done.
However we can complain about Dwight, since he stated in an interview he considers GB to be done.

#6382 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I was in at a seminar on designing a wizard mode with Dwight as he was rolling off of Ghostbusters to work on his next game (which now know was Star Wars). He was clearly had ideas and wishes for Ghostbusters, but he was also content with the code. If the game never got another code update, we was ok with that. The company line was the game was done. I love this game, and even if it never get's another update I am happy and not selling it.
Gomez made the promise Ghostbusters was in the schedule after Star Wars was done and made the decision to communicate that. He made the decision (or is at least accountable for the decision) to put Dwight on Munsters and delay a Ghostbusters update.
I have seen him talk and watched interviews. He is super passionate about pinball. Super creative and cares about delivering great experiences. The repeated BS stories that he is just their for a paycheck and doesn't care about his work and doesn't care about pinball is unfounded. Criticize the his rules choices, or the bugs in the code all you want. Leave the BS personal attacks on his character and work ethic out of it.

Good to know. I never personally attacked him since I don't know him in person. I was just referring to his statement he gave in this podcast. Wich did sound like we won't see big changes more likely just bug fixes.

Whatever I just hope Stern gets the problems sorted out. This whole GB update delay and SW topper delay is way beyond ridiculous.

3 months later
#7254 4 years ago

So I guess its not just me who thinks the multiballs got to easy because of the ball saves. So I have some suggestions.

Rework multiball ball save feature. If balls are being kicked out at the left or right scoop. A ballsaver activates for a few seconds and saves drained balls. (multiple balls per save possible)
-Limit the amount of balls being saved to 1 ball per save.
-Limit the amount of ball saves startet via scoops during multiball to 3 or make it adjustable.

I also have a idea regarding God mode

Add God mode adjustments.
-If game mode is set to God mode, add an adjustment to automatically disable God mode after a power cycle.
-Add an adjustment for starting God mode via key combination. Hold both flipper buttons and then press start. Game should start in God mode.

1 week later
#7390 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

I've also got a Scoleri brothers question. Although my behavior is a little different:
I'm finding that my left pop up will work but then after he is dropped, he continues to click as if he hasn't dropped or is trying to pop back up or something. In the game I've seen it result in it thinking he is still up and not counting them both as being down. In the test menu it's working 70% of the time but 30% of the time it doesn't pop up. If i just run the test it always eventually works, just not necessarily the first couple button presses.
Overall it's not an issue where it doesn't stay up or doesn't drop, it's actually that it doesn't pop up sometimes, and then continues to "click" while it's trying to sort itself out. I'm not sure what to adjust or what to look at it. The mechanism looks fine... any tips appreciated!

Had a similar issue, but both drop targets were affected. A connector came lose at the nodeboard

#7466 4 years ago

I am using a 128GB SanDisk and never had any problems with Sam or Spike(2) games.

#7476 4 years ago

Anyone looking for a topper? Make sure to sign up and get some attention!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-make-some-new-ghostbusters-ecto-1-topper#post-5250737

2 weeks later
#7571 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Today i managed to get a flawless DCTS video mode while both playfield multipliers were active. 80Mx6=480 Million. Sweet!!!

BOOM!... Oh sorry different game.

1 month later
#7723 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anyone with an led colordmd on GB, what do you have your settings at?

Brightness and Contrast both at 5

2 weeks later
#7796 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Ok so I don’t need to update again if I have the newer LCD chroma board? Either way appreciate this update!!

It DOES include additional fixes AND support for older revision board. So just update. It takes less than a minute.

2 months later
#8026 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

If your looking to get this lmk
I can put you in contact with the creator
Yes there is a GI solid and then a trigger to a flasher feature

I am also interested.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

I had some more of these made up and am now selling them directly. 35+shipping
-
These were designed by me and manufactured by Cliff “Cliffy” Rinear.
They are grained stainless and look factory IMO.[quoted image][quoted image]

I would take a pair.

#8076 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have a playfield from the original run, then. If you can live with the spelling error and there are no other issues, there's not much you can do about it now, which I'm sure is why Stern pulled this.

I don’t think this is a accurate detail. I don’t think they ever fixed the misspelling on PRO playfield. My GB is from late 2018 and still is misspelled.

#8083 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, Pro. I only know the Prem/LE, so you may be right.

I am also not 100% not sure on this.
But my game is late 2018 which is still misspelled. But all Pros I have seen do have that typo. Maybe some Pro owners can check theirs and give feedback...

2 months later
#8360 3 years ago

With Ghostbusters being on of my favorite games out there. I played it a lot over the past 3 years of ownership and i still play it very often. Since the latest update came out, it did evolve the game a lot more. Dwight definitely needed some time to settle but with the upcoming TMNT game, he proofed what he's able to do. TMNT might also be one of the most code complete games at the release, with code being at 0.92 already.

Anyway enough off-topic. This thread is about Ghostbusters. Since 1.17 came out I played it a lot. I have noticed very few bugs which I wrote down in a list. Also with some tweaks I would love to see. So Dwight if you are reading this. There is no need for another update. BUT if you are planning on doing one, it would be nice if you could include this liste and maybe resolve some of these
Also if you guys have some to add. Feel free to do so.

1. Add a alert sound for timers running out(Left captive balls)
2. Music within „AYAG Victory laps“ is to dim. Can barely be heard due to the „louder“ sounds effects.
3. Music is not properly stopped at the end of „AYAG“ victory laps. It keeps playing during bonus count.
4. Left orbit skill shot cheat does still work. If you plunge the ball soft so it just rolls over the loop switch, but doesn´t make it trough the gate behind Marshmallow-Man. If the ball then rolls back again over the loop switch. The skill shot is then still being awarded. ONLY if skill shot doesnt start a scene. E.g it awards river of slime.
5. Add a sound effect for hurry-up timer running out for „light playfield multipliers“ at the captive balls.
6. Add a sound effect for „light playfield multipliers“ awarded from captive balls.
7. Extra ball lightshow shouldn´t play during multiballs. Even if it has a blow off. Balls are lost to easily.
8. Spook Central hurry-up starts to early if you blow off the start sequence. You are already loosing points until the ball is released from the up post and feeded to the flippers, to make the ramp shot and stop the timer.
9. Add a flasher lightshow during Loopin supers. So the playfield is not so empty and dark.
Use the two red mars dome flashers at the ramp, they actually dont do much in the game. What about letting them each alternate double flash the whole time?
10. „light playfield multipliers“ being awarded incorrect from the captive balls.
If either „light storage facility“ or „light super jackpot“ timer has been started. And during one of those timers the „light playfield multipliers“ timer is being started via a ramp shot. If then „light storage facility“ or „light super jackpot“ timer runs out and the balls get reset, „light playfield multipliers“ is awarded when it shouldn´t be.
11. There are some lights missing at the start animation of Storage Facility multiball.
Library Lock Arrow(red)
Super Jackpot arrow(red)
Spinner Flasher(red)
Stay Puft(red)
12. During the swipe attract mode lamp effect and Bonus count. Some of the lights stay lit, when they should not be. Gear standup target light, depending on which were lit during gameplay.
13. Use the middle Ghost ladder 20,40,60,80,100 during „WeAreReadyToBelieveYou“ to indicate how much ghosts have been collected.
14. Speed up the flash frequency of the right scoop arrow light. When the „River of Slime“ timer ia about to run out.
15. Gear target, River of Slime, left and middle Captive ball timers are not properly held if ball is sitting in left scoop, left up-post or subway. For example the ball is being held at the subway to indicate 10 Ghosts collected Storage Facility is lit. The timers can run out.
16. Rework multiball ball save feature. If balls are being kicked out at the left or right scoop. A ballsaver activates for a few seconds and saves drained balls. It is possible to recover multiple balls during one ballsave period.
-Limit the amount of balls being saved to 1 ball per save.
-Limit the amount of ball saves started via scoops during multiball to 3 or make it adjustable.
-Add an adjustment to disable ball saves started by the scoops during multiballs. Its anoying if SF-multiball is going on forever.
17. God mode Adjustments.
-If Game mode is set to God mode, add an adjustment to automatically disable God mode after a power cycle.
-Add an adjustment to start God mode via mode select menu like done in TMNT or Jurassic Park. So it can be played on location. -It would be nice to add a display advertisement like "Are you a God? Choose GodMode game. To proof you really are!"
18. „light playfield multipliers“ are being awarded via the captive balls, without shooting the captive ball around the loop. Just hitting the ball slightly does award „light playfield multipliers“
19. Slimer slime is erasing River of Slime shots. If there were some River of Slime shots lit and you hit slimer. The purple slime gets exchanged by green slime.
20. Remove unused „Spinner level“ entry from instant info.
21. (PRO only) Right ramp registering two hits instead of one, if a ball is being shoot up the right ramp slowly. The right of the 3 inline switches registers a hit, if the ball starts then starts rolling slowly back down, the lower exit switch counts another hit.
22. Left captive balls give out „gear award“ when "light playfield multipliers" is collected.
23. Librarian mini mode should not be allowed to start during active scenes.
24. There are some lights missing at the extra ball awarded animation.
Stay Puft(Green)
Stay Puft(White)
25. Left captive balls award „light Storage Facility“ even when the final Storage Facility shot is already lit.
-“light Storage Facility“ timer also keeps running during SF multiball if “light Storage Facility“ timer has been started before SF Multiball start. “light Storage Facility“ can be awarded during multiball.
26. Pict-o-pops do award add time when there is nothing to add time.
27. If bonus is maxed at 20X and PKE lanes are completed again. Add a reward.
28. Rework Playfield multiplier rules. These are way to easy to get. So scores go insane to easy.
-Make it so if 2x has been lit but hasnt been activated. And „light playfield multipliers“ is being completed once again. Lite 3x but turn off 2x. If then „light playfield multipliers“ is completed a third time. Lite both 2x and 3x.
29. Sometimes left captive balls start both „light Storage Facility“ and „light Super Jackpot“ timers at the same time. Also gives out both awards with the same shot.
30. After finishing WeAreReadyToBelieveYou the ball should not be auto plunged at the start of AreYouAGod.
31. The sthird captive ball shot sometimes doesnt award the „light super jackpot“ shot when lit. It sometimes just resets the 3 balls and you have to shoot a 4th time. In order to get the award.
32. Some of the new music and sound effects are played at different volumes.
33. Backbox lightning effects are sometimes reversed to the GI lamp effects. For example at the start of AreYouAGod.
34. If you start Storage Facility Multiball while BackOfMan is running. The last mode shot for BackOfMan will cause both Scolery Brother drop targets to remain down, during the rest of Storage Facility Multiball.
35. Make it so that each top mode of each ladder has to be completed, in order to qualify for WeCameWeSaw. Currently these modes can be timed out to be completed.
36. Sometimes the game refuses to kick the ball out of the right scoop. (Happens rarely) The game knows the ball is sitting there. If entering switch test, the switch is marked active. Also the game starts ball seach but does not activate this particular coil. If entering coil test this coil however works...
37. Add an adjustment, which requires the player to spell Ghost in order to activate Slimer. With G always spelled. There are unused G-H-O-S-T display annimations hiding in the code which can be used.
OR implement another neat little mini mode like Librarian. Which triggers when G-H-O-S-T is spelled during mainplay and scenes are ready to start. So the ghost target doesnt conflict with the slimer mode since scenes are already lit.

5 months later
#8850 3 years ago

Guys I need your help.
I am currently in the progress of writing another bug report. Which I want to send to Stern. I have now about 40+ bugs/tweaks. Some major some minor.
I need your help with one of them. It took me a while to find out what is causing it. It would be very nice if some Pro owners could verify, they have the same behavior with their game. Just to be sure it is not some sort of weird hardware issue on my game.

36. (PRO only?)The game refuses to kick the ball out of the right scoop. The game knows the ball is sitting there. If entering switch test, the switch is marked active. Also the game starts ball seach but doesn’t activate this particular coil. If entering coil test this coil however works.
-This happens under following circumstances. When playing The Ballroom stacked with Storage Facility Multiball. If the very last shot of The Ballroom is flashing at the left ramp and all balls drain, so just one ball is left in the game. If then the last ball gets shot into the right scoop (shortly after the ball drained) or in grace period of Storage Facility Multiball ending. The game refuses to kick it back out of the right scoop until the The Ballroom times out. Sometimes Storage Facility Multiball doesn’t even end. Until ball search adds a new ball.

It would be very nice if some Pinsiders could test it on their Pro. Maybe even some Premium LE owner can test it, to see if this software is also affected.
Also keep in mind, The Ballroom is a 4 stage mode. I am speaking of the mode final shot(left ramp) in stage 4.

Picture is to get some attention :Dx

IMG_8278 (resized).jpgIMG_8278 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#10021 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

What an awesome mod! This is one of the very best mods I’ve seen a Pinsider make, with tremendous detail and finish. Very nice upgrade! Thanks, Wolffcub! [quoted image][quoted image]

Dayum!!! This is awesome, where can I buy that???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eden Prairie, MN
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
15,999 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 49.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Midway-Man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.