IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Looprunner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7152 4 years ago

OK, kids. I have some questions. I was seriously considering the purchase of a Ghostbusters pin this week. However; I read through this thread and I’m a little concerned. My family loves the theme but I would consider a couple of them novice players. My teenagers are starting to become decent pinball players. My wife isn’t that good but really likes to play pinball. My concern is that she’ll experience quick plays and not enjoy the game. I’m not sure new code would solve that problem. Should I ditch the thought of buying a Ghostbusters? Is your experience that novice players hate the game? Is there enough toys and new code features to keep the novice player happy?

#7156 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I believe there is a distributor in Pittsburgh. Perhaps you could give it a try if they have one?

There are a couple of dealers within 2.5 hours of my home. Getting there during the week is not an option. One dealer was willing to meet me on the weekend to play the games. I didn't want to make the drive and waste their time if pinsiders told me it's disastrous for new players. I'm really only concerned about my wife. She's brand new to pinball.

Thanks for the feedback!

#7159 4 years ago

Great feedback! That's what I wanted to hear. We have a lot of guests coming over to play as well. Thanks!

#7170 4 years ago

I appreciate everyone's feedback on the game!

#7278 4 years ago

I decided to go forward with the Ghostbusters purchase! Thanks for everyone's help. I already updated the code

IMG_20190928_094637 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_094637 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190928_094613 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190928_094613 (resized).jpg
#7300 4 years ago

My thoughts after purchasing a GB Pro and playing intensely for a full 24-hours.

-The game attracted my family and neighbors to the game room. Great theme!

-It's like playing football in the Big 12. Very high scoring!

-The storage facility multi-ball with the shaker motor is awesome. Super awesome!

-I agree that it's a completely different style of game. This makes it a very good compliment to my Metallica Pro.

-I made a few of the adjustments suggested in the club. I moved the left/right posts and also reduced the flipper/kicker speed. I adjusted the scene continuation before we played the first game. That didn't seem right to me. All the suggestions worked great!

-Lighting, sounds and music are great. A shaker is a must for this one!

-The right ramp is TOUGH on the Pro. This does not bother me at all. I feel accomplished when I make it.

-The flipper gap didn't really bother me. Although, it was tough compared to the other machines I have played. I kept trying to hold my ball with the flipper, which caused many drains due to the short flippers. I just need to train myself not to do it! I think I'm going to get the center post simply for my daughter. My boys do not want me to get it but I really want her to like the game. I'm not sure if post or the longer flippers are a better option. She loves the movie so I want her to love the game.

-The one thing that does slightly annoy me is that I can't see the skill shot letters. I have to stand on my toes!

-Did I mention the storage facility multi-ball is awesome?

Overall, I give this machine a B+/A- rating. I'm super glad I made the purchase.

#7307 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s reflective plastic above the lanes on the backboard. Look there.

I've been trying to look at it. Still seems to be a struggle for me but I'll keep trying. LOL. The mod may be good for me.

#7308 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i like the carrot flippers better than the center post, since it feels less random but still helps, and you boys wouldnt be complaining xD
there is a slightly reflective shield back there at the PKE, you can also get the mirror mod for it:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6990-07
depenting on the build date of your machine you may have super droopy flippers you may correct.
there are much little tweaks which help alot on the game.

Thanks for the suggestion on the modification. I'm going to check that one out. I think my boys would prefer carrot flippers. They feel like the center post is cheating. LOL.

We have put about 200 plays on it. I noticed on one of the later games that I hit something and the flippers went dead. The ball drained. The lights and machine worked fine. It's almost like I hit something on the game that made it auto drain. Do you know of a feature in the game that would cause that to happen? Flippers functioned perfectly fine afterwards.

#7322 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So, you can turn off the easier mode-advance-without-completion setting then? Can you tell me which setting #?
Thanks!

I adjusted feature 30 under the GB adjustments. I believe Ball End Mode was the name of the feature.

#7333 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You just don't want to leave it as the last shot on modes, because "Ghost" won't spot the last shot.

I'm still fairly new to the game. I understand what you mean on the right ramp being worked out of all but Frenzy. Don't 100% follow you on the ghost not spotting on the last shot.

#7346 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The game now spots (gives you credit for) a lit mode shot if you have this setting on. You always have to shoot a lit mode shot before the "Ghost" target will give you a freebie. So on the three-shot first modes, you can get at most one spotted shot from the "Ghost" target.
Here's an example. Start Spook Central and set the shot value. Four main shots light. Shoot the left ramp...three shots left. Instead of shooting one of the remaining shots, shoot the "Ghost" target. The game will spot you the right ramp (so far it always has) and consider it hit. Next, shoot the right orbit. That leaves the left orbit...shoot the "Ghost" target and nothing happens. You have to physically make the last shot to count it.

Got it! Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it. This forum is always extremely helpful.

1 week later
#7481 4 years ago

I've owned my GB Pro for a few weeks now. We have over 100 plays on it. I have to say that my family loves the game. The flipper gap does not bother me and my boys at all. However; I have noticed my daughter struggles with it. As a result, I'm going to get the center post. Who has the best center post mod?

#7483 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I find carrot flippers a much better solution. The flippers just close the gap to that of any other pinball machine she's used to playing. The center post completely changes the experience.

I was struggling to find white carrot flippers. I can only find yellow.

#7491 4 years ago

Thanks. I swear I looked there early last week and there was only yellow. LOL.

#7492 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Not sure if this is of interest to you, but Adpin has different length metal flippers and one that is adjustable:
http://www.adpin.de/english/

I did see these flippers. It look like they were from Germany and hadn't seen anyone mention them before. Thanks.

1 week later
#7558 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The jury is out on the shaker as it’s pretty strong.

The Storage Facility Multiball with a shaker is awesome!

2 weeks later
#7641 4 years ago

All right, I'm still fairly new to pinball but I've changed a few switches, soldered some wires, fixed a shooting arm, and replaced numerous items on the playfield. But for the life of me I cannot get this screw loose. I want to put in the carrot flippers and I can't get the old flippers off. Is this the right screw?

IMG_20191112_204954 (resized).jpgIMG_20191112_204954 (resized).jpg
#7644 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It does take a bit of force but I've never had one not break free. Add some leverage to your Allen wrench. Put something round long and hollow over it to increase the torque.... and make sure you're turning it the correct direction

LOL. I definitely made sure I had the proper direction. I've been doing push-ups to get more muscle to turn it! I just wanted to make sure I have the right screw before I forced it and did something bad. I'll give it another try. Thanks guys!

#7654 4 years ago

I got the flippers replaced. So easy but huge pain in the butt. LOL. They definitely make a difference.

#7658 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I did this so many times, since i tested different flipper angles. you just need the right leverage.
I put the long side of an Allen wrench into the screw head and turn it with a plier for the right leverage.
Once you get used to it, its a very fast fix.

I had to use pliers for leverage. The left side was a little tough as it was very close to the board. In the end I got it. The carrot flippers are working well. It definitely makes a difference.

#7660 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I used them too in the beginning. After I learned how to play i swaped them back and it made no difference in difficulty,
but the shots felt easier. I guess it has to do with the angles. You should give it a try after some time.

The flippers are more for my wife and kids. They are all brand new to pinball. I've been putting up some decent games without them. They definitely had longer playing games with the larger flippers. I'm not sure I'm ready for a center post.

#7662 4 years ago
Quoted from EBDixson:

Thank you everyone for the suggestions - I'm pretty certain it was the free game/knocker after reading the suggestions and watching a few videos online. I turned the sound off (setting it to low didn't seem to noticeably help) and will report back if it doesn't resolve it.

I was out of pinball for 20 years. When I got my first machine the new "sound" threw me off as well. LOL. I was used to the old knock.

#7667 4 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the flippers shutting down in the middle of trying to hit Slimer to light the scenes? It's happened to me about 3 or 4 times. It's happened to my son a couple of times as well. It's always after I hit the ghosts targets and I'm trying to hit Slimer. It's like it registers a middle drain. Unfortunately, I've had no luck updating to the .17 code with 4 USB drives and 800 tries.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 49.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Looprunner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Looprunner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.