IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Has anyone gotten midnight madness mode? Is there a setting that needs to be enabled for it to work? I am pretty sure we should have gotten it, as we manually set the clock to 11:57 pm last night and started playing a game past the 12:00 mark and nothing happened?

We got Midnight Madness at midnight on Saturday. I just got done playing my 700 million point game, next guys starts and a few seconds in gets Midnight Madness. I didn't even know it had that in the game, otherwise I would have craddled the ball for a minute and got it myself.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I have set my clock up for midnight madness and been playing when midnight struck and still haven't seen this mode happen. I'm not sure if some other setting needs to be enabled, but there was a setting in a menu that stated midnight madness was enabled. I am wondering if it simply starts if you're in the middle of your game when the clock hits midnight or if there is some shot in the game that needs to be made to activate the midnight madness mode, or if I am simply overlooking some other setting in the menus

He didn't do anything specific as far as I could tell, it just took over the game and started like midnight madness normally does.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

saw this on another forum:::
I was playing Stern's new Ghostbusters pin at my local comic shop last night, and during the middle of the ball the machine went black as if it had turned off. After a brief pause, the DMD started flashing "Midnight Madness." Then, the machine came back to life and launched a five-ball multiball mode. It was pretty crazy.
I looked at my phone after the balls drained and noticed it was midnight. Coincidence? To my surprise, apparently this mode has existed in several pins over the years and triggers based on the machine's internal clock hitting 12:00 AM. That's news to me.
So, that's the story. Big points for a "cheap" high score and a free game.

I wouldn't say it was "big point" for a cheap high score. The one I saw, the individual shots don't award that much. He ended up with about 40 million for that mode.

#174 7 years ago

Does any know how you definitively start a scene besides with a skill shot or completing slimmer?

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's amazing, and depressing....because I wasn't there. That's like...I don't even know what to do with that. That's four times the amount of people that compete in a typical TPF tournament. There's no way that everyone even got to play a single game, right? Crazy.

It wasn't 400+ all at one time, it was staggered a little bit over the 5 hours, but it definitely was full. There were 10 games, so people had options. There were lots of people that didn't play a single game of pinball though, mainly because there was just so much to look and people to talk to. I think the people who wanted to play did and lots of others were content just being there, talking and taking it all in.

1 year later
#4221 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me what color lights the back wall of the playfield had in it originally? I know Stern usually alternates white, then a color across the back. Mine had some crazy colors in it and I want to change it back. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#4353 6 years ago

Love it. I would definitely install that in my game.

3 weeks later
#4537 6 years ago

Does anyone have any shop out pics from when they did their Ghostbusters Pro? I'm on the final stages of putting my back together, I just have the ramp left and I want to make sure everything goes back in correctly. Even just some pics of the ramp by the flashers on the left and the diverter on the right would be awesome. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

8 months later
#5378 5 years ago

I'm going to have to find $400 in the couch cushions and grab one of these.

2 months later
#5679 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I got mine from Titan. Got their glow in the dark ones. Looks awesome on gb

I did the same. Looks like they were made for the game, which is the way I like my mods.

4 months later
#6203 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. Just looked. One of the kits has all glow rings. would love to see pics...

I did all glow rings from Titan which I shopped my GB. They are perfect IMHO. Looks like the game should have shipped that way, which is the way I like any mods on my games.

#6207 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Got any pics?

I do somewhere, I'll look for them or I could take a few more. I used the Titan kit and I ended up with extras, but I don't remember being short any rubbers. They are black light reactive too which can make them really stand out if you have any black light LEDs or black lights in your game room.

#6212 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

but if you have no black lights they just look light green?

They are a very light green normally. Even without black lights they will get charged by ambient and game lights and glow. When I turn off my GB in my dark game room, the rubbers all are still glowing in the darkness which is always cool to see.

#6227 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Got any pics?

Here's a pic I found of my game. As you can see the green rubber color matches the green in slimer perfectly.
IMAG2982 (resized).jpgIMAG2982 (resized).jpg

#6245 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Some guy on FB posted a GB earning over 18k on location.
Basically he made a comment saying... "Stern, please release code for a game that actually earns on location."
That's some serious quarter drops.[quoted image]

It does well here too.

61374990_2073500982762064_2339144875661852672_n (resized).jpg61374990_2073500982762064_2339144875661852672_n (resized).jpg
3 months later
#7184 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Updating now. I had passed out for about 10 minutes from all the anticipation and excrement.

ah-yes-excrement (resized).jpgah-yes-excrement (resized).jpg
#7208 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Wow. Just updated the code. I'm not a great player and I got 741M GC on the first game!
It plays longer now and I have seen parts of the game now that I never got to before.
Thanks Dwight and team!

Ghostbusters code update is very nice and has some much needed fixes, but the game is way too easy now IMHO. I got to Are You A God on my first game on the new code. Before I only got to We Are Ready to Believe You once or twice ever. The mode completion for just starting a mode makes it so easy. I got Gozer started (which was a very difficult mode before), drained instantly and the mode was complete...so right on to Staypuft next ball. Mode completion on start and multipliers lit for just hitting the ramp and then the gear targets too is just too much of a reward for little effort. I got through the game before even hitting 80 ghosts during normal play. I loved the game before partly because of how difficult it was and this code update has flipped the script and the game has arguably gone from too difficult to too easy.

#7256 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I changed the end of ball scene setting and I'm much happier. It was nice being able to more easily reach the deeper modes, but being able to advance to the next scene in a ladder without completing the one before it just felt like cheating to me.

I generally like playing the game as it was designed and not messing with the code settings, but I am going to have to do this too or the game will loose it's staying power for me. I love 90% of the update, I just feel like they overcompensated to make it easier so that people could see the new fancy Are You A God wizard mode, but now if there is a setting in the game to just jump to it and play it, the easier difficulty isn't as necessary anymore and it could be ramped back up a bit IMHO.

#7261 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

One thing I did notice on my pro is that when I get to SP mode, he actually lights up now where I don't remember seeing him lit up before. I knew there was a light under there, but it never seemed to work until this new code. That alone makes this code awesome

I noticed this too and loved it! Before he only lit up when you were going to defeat him at the end of his mode and he color changed. Now he lights up bright and white at the mode start.

10 months later
#8546 3 years ago

So I have a Ghostbusters Pro and I love the game, but as we all know the zombieyeti art is pretty terrible. I just can't stand looking at my game any longer, so I am taking matters into my own hands and setting out to have a total redraw of the game art done. As I consider myself a Ghostbusters super fan, I simply cannot accept anything less than the best when it comes to anything Ghostbusters. I have done an extensive search of some of the best artists in the world and I think I have finally found the artist who can do this game justice. I'm not ready to publicly release the artists name yet, because negotiations are still in progress and I don't want someone else trying to steal all my hardwork, but here is a sample of what you can expect. As you can see, I was really looking for someone who could produce almost photo realism re-creations of the characters and I think this hits the nail right on the head. It's almost as if the artist reached back 30 years into the past and brought those characters back to life! Just shoot me a PM if you want to get in on this and finally get your game up to visual standards. It will be pricey as this kind of talent doesn't come cheap, but it will be worth it to complete that world under glass experience.
gb1 (resized).jpggb1 (resized).jpggb2 (resized).jpggb2 (resized).jpg
Eventhough I hope it really isn't needed...just in case...

#8548 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Haha, that is absolutely brutal!

Can you even guess who's who in that picture? The only reason I know for sure is because on other pages they are in their jumpsuits with their name tags on them.

#8551 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

huh? Is this a joke? The Zombie Yeti art is awesome on this machine.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yes... yes it is. Read the full post for clarity.

egon.gifegon.gif

2 months later
#8802 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Glow in the dark looks fantastic, does it glow at all during game play?

Glow in the dark is amazing. I did a full glow in the dark Titan replacement on mine and if there ever was a mod that looked like it should have been there from the factory, that was it. Even when not glowing the green of the rubber matches the light green on the playfield perfectly. You can use some black light LEDs and get some glow during the game play if you want. Other times when the game is dark like when a mode is lit on the left ramp and that shot is just strobing, you can see them glow too. If you have black lights in your room, you can really get the full effect. It's always cool turning the game off and having the rubber still glowing on a pitch black game that's off too.

Coincidentally enough I just sold my GB Pro a couple of hours ago. I wasn't looking to sell, but was made an offer I couldn't refuse, so it had to move on.

3 months later
#9024 3 years ago

I unexpectedly got out of the club a couple months back and forgot I had this. It looks amazing on Ghostbusters as it matches the purple mood slim perfectly. I thought another member of the GB club might appreciate this, so I wanted to share the post for any interested owners. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109569

#9027 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

This would go so nice with my gb premium !! What’s it made out of ?
[quoted image]

It's plastic like a typical black Stern apron. It is pending payment right now though so it is probably sold. If you still want one, this is the same product through Marco...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9953-09

1 week later
#9079 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How many hits on Slimer does it take for him to relight the modes?

Quoted from embryon:

I'm thinking of buying some node boards as spare parts. All I have at the moment is a gble with a jp2 coming.
What node boards should I consider and I just read that not all boards are the same. Is that correct in that say a node 9 for gb won't work on jp2?

That is correct.

#9087 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Getting ready to shop out my Ghostbusters Pro with some Titan glow in the dark bands. I haven't shopped this machine before. Is it pretty straightforward? Any advice esp. removing the ramp? Any advice is appreciated! I've done a few basic machines but this one seems a bit intimitdating but maybe I'm overexaggerating (I hope!)

I stripped it down when I did the glow Titans too. It was surprisingly easy. I went in sections and everything turned out great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=LesManley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.