IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3663 6 years ago

Hi. Purchased my first pin, a GB Pro. Loving it. I have a couple questions about odd behaviour. Sfw is v1.13.

I often select the Skill Shot to be the Award Scene. When I hit it, it asks ESP or Don't Cross The Streams, I select cross the streams, it then kicks the ball out to start play again (sometimes also starting Scoleri Brothers), then 1-2s later the playfield goes dark, flippers lose power, ball drains and the cross the stream game starts on the DMD. This happens about 50% of the time, the other 50% the ball stays in the right scoop and doesn't eject till after the cross the streams mini-game is over.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

#3665 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

What skill shot exactly are you talking about? Start scene should be the right loop where the "who brought the dog" mode is. But it sounds like you're hitting the scoop.

This is when I release/shoot a new ball. Prior to launching it I can use the flippers to select 2 skill shots on the DMD. The award video mode lights the right scoop. I usually select "light multipliers" and "award video mode". (sorry, said scene, meant mode in first post)

Just got it to do it again (twice). Selected the 2 skill shots. Hit the right scoop after launching the ball. Asks me to select ESP or Streams, selected streams, DMD then says "Symmetrical Book Stacking", (Scolari Brothers sometimes go up at same time), releases the ball from the scoop. Playfield goes dark, flippers lose power then Don't Cross the Streams starts on DMD.

#3673 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

It sounds like the captive ball switch is either gapped too tight and you are getting phantom hits on flipper presses, or there is a switch matrix issue involving the scoop and the captive ball. I have not tried to debug spike, so I am not going to make assumptions about what could be happening.
Go into switch test and bang on the playfield and see if anything triggers. Try putting the ball in the scoop a bunch and see if the captive ball activates.
I am pretty sure this is a hardware or electronics issue with your machine.

OK, I think we are onto something. Turns out the Captive Ball Switch is always ON. In its normal spring-forward position it is ON, if I push on it lightly half way travel (like 1/16") it goes OFF then back ON again at full travel back. I'm guessing this isn't supposed to be happening.
Bumps of the field are enough to make the captive ball switch go into the off position (half way back). This would explain why I am getting Symmetrical book stacking and Gozer all the time without hitting the captive balls.

In the attached photo that is the status of the captive ball switch without playing or touching anything. Then if I press on the physical switch lightly it goes off and then on again when it touches the connection at the back of the switch.

Before I go tearing things apart ... can you advise how best to go about repairing it? (it is like the switch is making contact in the fully open position as well as closed position)

Thanks

20170817_172312 (resized).jpg20170817_172312 (resized).jpg

#3675 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I would start with a visual inspection of the switch itself under the playfield. Evaluate the gap of the switch contacts and look at the solder points to see if they are touching something or close to each other.

It was the switch spacing.
Just lifting up the playfield an inch was causing the sensor to trigger back and forth. I removed the switch from underneath, it was working. Added a bit more gap and then also adjusted the bracket back a bit. Now it appears to be working as it should and those da*n Scoleri Brothers are not popping up every single ball now. I actually wonder if the glued on padding on the rear support bracket is not too thick (was pushing the back of the switch forward and making contact). Either way, working now!

Thanks all for your help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=JohnnyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.