IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2447 7 years ago

I'm new to the GB thing, having just placed an order for a Pro, and plan on installing this shaker motor too. Is that aux board stock or did you add it to power other mods (like leg light-ups...?!).

2 weeks later
#2775 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Where did you get this corner reinforcement item?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#3045 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What program do you use to be able to draw on a picture? I could use something like that. Is it a Windoz program?

Windows = Photos (Drawing Tools)

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/12/13/new-features-arrive-microsoft-photos-windows-10/#mYyeP4Wi6hZemIcr.97

Mac = Preview (Toolbox icon)

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH20227?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

1 week later
#3138 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Lcd does have dots xl, high res is no dots more like a cartoon look.
Led does not do high res.

And the LED looks more like pinpoints of colored light to me. I prefer the LCD in anything it fits in, LED when it does not.

1 week later
#3206 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

Btw I wish we could merge both the GB threads together

What is the other main thread?

2 weeks later
#3322 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Are the pro's still spelling "Negative Reinforcment" wrong on the new releases?

Nope, they corrected it. I have a May 2017 build Pro:

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#3323 6 years ago

Oh yeah - I joined the club a couple weeks ago! Brought one of the machines home that Marcos had at the NW Show in Tacoma. 600 plays and over 1800 balls over 3 days and it looks great! So far I have cleaned and waxed it, added a shaker motor, and ordered the Mod Father Symmetrical Stacked Books mod to mount over the captive balls.

Only fix so far has been the right ramp diverter that wasn't diverting. If I pushed the diverter a little closer to the coil it would move and stick. I didn't want to bend the metal so I disassembled it and added two washers behind the coil to move it closer to the diverter. Works every time now!

Next fix is to figure out why the right orbit switch doesn't register when the ball is moving quickly. I had a Johnny Mnemonic with the same issue and simply adjusted the switch wire actuator a little higher and bent it toward the outside of the orbit so the ball caught it every time.

2 weeks later
#3382 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Looks like Ben Stiller

Blue Steel

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3414 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Also look at the animations when you lock a ball.
First ball says - Storage
Second ball says - Storage Facility

Oh, right. That's obvious! I've had my Pro for a few months now and recently realized that the Storage Facility lights were locked ball indicators, but never noticed the words. I'm considering adding LED extensions from the Storage Facility lights back to the Ghost Trap flasher domes for locked ball indicators. Makes sense to me.

I really like this game, and it is the first pin that my 15 year old son plays regularly.

I agree that there are many call outs still to be used in game play to mix it up. I'm still hearing new ones when I push the flipper buttons in attract mode.

Ghost Trap flasher domes for locked ball indicator extension (resized).pngGhost Trap flasher domes for locked ball indicator extension (resized).png

2 months later
#3840 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I beleive the right insert is used like a scoop flasher for the right scoop. Flashes before eject of ball.

That is the function I key in to. I haven't paid attention to the left because the Library scoop has its own scoop flasher. Makes no sense that the right doesn't have a scoop flasher.

2 weeks later
#3969 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The modes are not necessarily the key for high scores. Try to activate and collect the ghosts and use the playfield multipliers in the storage facility MB and/or PKE.

Going after ghosts seems to result in my best scores. Not sure why. That PKE shot is tough!

#3993 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thought the same thing but it’s not obviously lol. I don’t know what it is for.

It's the kick-out indicator for the right (Containment Facility) saucer. I haven't paid attention to the left one yet since that saucer has its own indicator flasher in close proximity.

3 months later
#4450 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you hook it up using the Pinnovators connector?

I used the Pinnovators sub kit on my Pro and agree that it makes a great upgrade. There is deep bass in everything that you are missing. Even the sounds while the ball is sitting in the plunger lane! Highly recommended.

3 months later
#4801 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hey guys, my ramp diverter fell off. I put it back together the way I thought it should go but not sure. I tried going into menu to locate a test for it but couldn't find one. Is there a test for it? And could someone please take picture of theirs so I can see if mine is put back together right? Thanks

The test should be located in the solenoid test menu, and it is shared with the ball gate to the left of the in-lanes. The diverter assembly is documented on page 43 of the manual.

2 weeks later
#4889 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Some mod ideas

I have 3 mods on my Pro:

Walking Staypuft (should have been in the game from the factory)
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-walking-stay-puft

Symetrically Stacked Books (the mount needs to be beefier, they get hit and bend over to the right)
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/ghost-busters/products/ghostbusters-books-mod

Pinstadium lighting with GI plugin & UV Glow Flashers (you will want them on ALL your games)
https://pinstadium.com/

#4918 5 years ago

Regarding the multiplier standup airballs - Has anyone tried adding a layer of dead drop foam on top of the existing foam, extending it up to cover the metal tab? Seems like this tab could be a major source of rebound energy, and the foam would both damp it and keep the target from angling back as much, thus rebounding the ball with less energy and at a lower angle.

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 7.35.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-26 at 7.35.39 AM (resized).png

#4920 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes I did lots of experimenting with tha

Fair enough. Thank you, Swinks. I’ll be ordering a pair of your brackets soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Gogojohnnyquack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.