IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#662 7 years ago

I am going to purchase the art blades and shooter rod. Even though it's not super detailed. I think it's clean looking and effective. The games art is already busy. I will be getting new unfinished armor and having t custom powder coated once I actually get my premium.
Fortytwo

#672 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

You do know the shooter rod is a sticker right

It looks like to me a sticker with a plastic window protecting it. Much like a shifter knob in a old car. And we all know those had held up.
It all depends on the price. I like the shape. And as said a molded one in the shape of something is not my preference. So a white shifter knob looks good but offers release control.
Just my personal preference.

#724 7 years ago

Not very clean soluup ion for he Outlane issue. I might have to order some clear ones. Center post is pretty lame I think.

Dam autocorrect. I meant to say. Nice clean solution for the Outlane issue. That's what I get for posting during a training break half asleep.

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Dont think you can order just the clear outlane covers but wish i could have. Bet these clear pieces cost about $1 in plastic. They blend in well with the sling plastics and im glad i bought them even at $45, sucks when your kicking ass on game and ball jumps the outlanes, no more of that shit.

Good to know. I don't care for the green. I have made an entire set for a big game retheeme. So to make a couple of these would be no issue. ill make some when the game gets here.
Ps pinball life just released a armor kit. With just a plain white knob.

#729 7 years ago

I just noticed the center post bracket is made from acrylic!!!! Do some research and use polycarbonate. Acrylic is brittle in comparison. When I home make one I use poly, they use it in industry fo machine guards, bullet proof, and cold form it. I would have a hard time paying for special peices made out of acrylic.
Sorry for the rant but just floored about material choice.
Fortytwo

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Damn, I can't buy it then! Imagine if I accidentally shot it, I'd hate for it to get damaged. Nothing like a perfectly good center post bracket being destroyed by an accidental firearm discharge, thanks for the heads up, I'll await something more robust and potentially military grade for my GBLE.

Too funny, but seriously, make sure you get polycarbonate for you Dirty Harry plastic protectors. It's hard to remember how many shots you have taken.

My point is durability, if they use it there why would you not for a half inch wide peice of plastic.

#760 7 years ago

I'm waiting for a premium. Can't wait. Played the pro a lot at MGC and got my butt kicked but didn't think the gap was wider than wwe.

Did you hear him say on the twitch feed about the proton beams? He mentioned they are evaliuating some prototypes next week. And that code will have to be added. If I put that with no un boxing videos of LE'S even though they have shown 241 production tells me they may be adding them!!

Fortytwo

#770 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Didn't you install lane extenders in TWD? Did Borg 'cripple' TWD for you by making the out lanes so greedy?

Have you played any version of GB yet? It makes me scratch my head to read people contemplate changing so much on a game they have not played.

I agree. I have played it and had a few bad balls. I have also had some really killer games. Just like any new stern title it takes a few games to learn how to play it. And although I like friend play I mean a full game back to back balls. A lot of the people in the feed were playing one ball. And this game will be in my basement. I don't feel it's nessassary to change the gap or stock angles. I may feel it need something to stop ball hop out the outlanes though.

I would recommend. Get the game play it for a week then decide if you really need the larger flippers also.

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

You do realize larger flippers will most likely change the geometry of the shots. The flipper gap at first is frustrating but once you learn the machine plays, the issue goes away. I think the real issue is this...you've played the pin and really don't like it, yet are buying an LE anyway. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Not every pin is for everyone and maybe GB just isn't for you? You could sell your LE for more than you paid and get another pin down the road that was love at first flip. That's what I would do if I were you.

Well said. At MGC playing the pro at first I thought. Really I waited in line for such a quick game! Then I played it a lot more over the weekend. While playing other games I sharpened my skills. By the end of the weekend I was putting up some pretty good ball times and getting through some shots. Definitely a fun game and long lasting game for the collection.

1 week later
#816 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I had a lot of trouble setting those rollover switches, too low and they don't register, too high and balls going up from the right ramp get stuck on them. I've left it alone now and 99% of left ramp shots register, still the odd one doesn't though yet I still get the odd stuck ball when going the other way. A little tap on the cab is usually enough to free a ball stuck on a switch, my conclusion is they should have used optos!

Or a lighter spring switch. I wonder if cherry makes different weights in those tiny micoswitches like they did in he arcade button micro switches.

#821 7 years ago

Last time I played was MGC in April I beleive. Got a awesome score. What did I do... No freaking clue. I didn't stress and was talking to the guy behind me. Then mass hysteria came on.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#864 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I liked it better when the flippers reversed and stayed that way. Impossible to avoid hitting the right captive ball during Mass Hysteria, therefore stupid drains from the constant switching back and forth. Still loving the game though!

I agree, I have only got mhmb once at mgc before they added the switch into the code. And our currently local routed pro is setup horribly so I can't get anywhere on it. I farted and tiled out my ball. And slimmer doesn't register that much. I can't get past it to unlock modes. She'll my game will work right dammit.
After a bit of playing mhmb I got a hang of it without flipping my hands. I agree the point is a weird hectic gameplay option. Like saying you hate midnight madness. Yes it f's with your score but in the end it's pinball and things like that keep it fun and fresh. Midnight madness just converted one of my friends to a pinball nut last week.
Fortytwo

#895 7 years ago

Just my 2 cents. I agree with John T I don't really look at the screen while playing. I have no need to get a color dmd for GB. I could buy a Bally ss project for that price.
Second thought. There are not that many spike games yet. If sterns next non novelty release is a color dmd. What's the pay off vs return for color dmd to develope specifically for spike? And they run the risk of stern getting a clue and offering a retrofit kit for all spikes using their new lcd screen.

#901 7 years ago

I have played a routed GB a couple times while waiting for my premium. Can anyone tell me what the red inserts in the Outlane are for. They light but do not perform a ball save. They are in marked.
Thanks
Fortytwo.

#903 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Right now they don't do anything.

Huh. Since this game is known for bs Outlane draines they should enable them for ball save. It seems like they light after completing a goal or something.

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think they're just there for lighting purposes.

Ok, then since they seemed locked on for a bit or to signify something was completed I will tie each of them to my topper!

#934 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey guys, my Ghost Trap mini domes on the backboard don't flash bright at all, they have 8 led standard 12v bulbs in them but they hardly light up at all, in fact only 2 of the 8 leds on the bulb light up dimly at all. In the menu the flasher settings only has dim and normal for settings. I tried different bulbs and no change. They use flashers on pc's everywhere else in the game so why not here? Are yours that dim also? I was hoping they were 12v cuz I'd wanted to tie into them for a flasher mod, now I can't. Thanks Stern.

Hello. Just a quick note. The socket does not determine the voltage. There is no standard etc. look at the lower playfeild lights on black hole. So yes a socket that will fit a 89 can take multiple voltages. Just depends on the bulb required.
Ba15s base bulb.

#950 7 years ago

I agree with show us a full picture of the game. I too am interested in a similar color on a premium.

#1055 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

LE # 264 arrived today in Melbourne - Australia.
Build date 23 May and I've had it set up for a few hrs now.
A couple of dozen games in (did I mention I can't play for shit?) and I'm really impressed.
The "city under glass" is a really good way to describe how much detail is in there once you start looking for it.
Manga slings rock, it's a totally different feel to slings (no shit Sherlock) as they just move the ball around without even a slight vibration.
When the ball is heading toward the slings you are expecting the feel, sound and vibrational feedback of the kicker firing and there's just nothing.
The ball hits, there's a wicked sound effect and the ball fires off in a random direction.
It's unusual but really cool.
Ecto goggles are cool and fun to "blow up" the "ghost in the machine" (shout out to all the Police fans out there).
Ramps great, sound great, dots also great.
My Little Slimer is fully registering any and all hits and he only looks a little ungainly heading back to his resting posi above the city managing to smack into 2 or 3 edges of various buildings on the way...
So there you go a clearly biased quick review from a self confessed crap pinball player.
You're welcome

Thanks, im on the list for a premium, how do the drop targets drop? Any other issues we should be ready for?

#1076 7 years ago

I'm confused by your post. You wish you could keep it, but have one hang up. And get three different suggestion to fix that hang up! Why not keep it? Or if you are really selling it for another reason, (don't like game play, profit for modding, want a premium). Just tell us. Every game isn't for everyone.

#1085 7 years ago

Who is supplying the speaker grills? I don't want to over mod my game but I like the look of both those and the art blades.

#1138 7 years ago

I just picked up two sets at my local Walmart. $10 each.

#1147 7 years ago

I personally do t like either of those games. I hate GOT. Play real fast and hard and ... Wait... Make a decision of a stupid clan I know nothing about.... Now you can play the game again. I actually drained the rest of my game.

#1157 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

agree. not the prettiest game out there but what a player! Easily one of the best rulesets in recent times.

Thanks. I think the complete not known and the stop in play the game exhibits. Not a game to just walk up to and play.

#1197 7 years ago

I'm ready for my game now. Just waiting on a premium. Found ecto cooler at a local grocery $2 for 10 juice boxes. And ghostbusters advertise twinkies.

#1199 7 years ago

Crap. Would have gotten those in a heartbeat. The only special editions I saw were banana and these marked with the logo.

#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Played the LE tonight and totally loved it. While the pro is certainly no slouch, the Prem/LE is a nice upgrade.

"Don't sell yourself short, your a tremendous slouch".

If you really want to see stay puft. Cheat to see it. Btw if you are not progressing through the modes how many games do you have on it? 200-300?

#1243 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm going to cross post this across the GB threads, because I think it's pretty dang cool. I got the MezelMods Ecto-1 car, and mounted it on my right ramp. There are actually multiple places you can put it, the firehouse, top of the left ramp, and above the center captive ball (pro only for that one), being a few more options. I like the right ramp since the ramp decal depicts traffic and it's an easy tie in to the Ecto Goggles light, so it lights up when there's a ghost to catch in the goggles.

MezelMods has the car up on the site now. I think you have a few more mounting options on the pro, so it would be cool to see some pro owners chime in on where they've put it.

Looks good. How does it actually tie in. On either side of the LED? Inline plug?
Thanks

#1304 7 years ago

At least there are ladder. SST has one progression, linear through tha planets. And it's not really a big complaint. Two people keep brining it up. And everyone dis regards them. And then they bring it up. I understand every game isn't for everyone. The good part for these ops, the game should be easy to resell and not loose your shirt.

#1346 7 years ago

Please please please. Stop the useless debate about the ladder vs random. I like ladder because it slowly gets harder. It's the way the game is written. I don't like the random aspect because ther makes no sense as to what's going on. Some newer sterns I have had the discussion. How did you do that? Don't know just kept hitting the ball that way.

So please if you don't like the game don't buy it. If you want to play and see I'm sure you'll get your money back if went for sale quickly. Just don't be one of those people with under 300 plays and huo for sale "didn't like the game". That's like drivin around the block and selling your car.
As an example of non issues. I don't hear any more bitching about magna slings or need for carrot flippers. If you think it drains a lot play space invaders.

#1362 7 years ago

Crap, one more thing to order. Does pinball life carry the shooter lane protectors?

#1365 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

And you were saying. Look in the dictionary for the definition of 'drain monster' and you will see this photo.....lol

Love it, well done sir! I take it the bathroom is right next door?

#1371 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I just found it funny that out of all my games, these two are side by side on their own and the others are on a line on the opposite wall. Go figure.

While waiting in fixing up a SI. Kinda wanted one for a while. But man some games and drain like mad. And then ou hit it right and roll the score. Kinda reminded me of playing the pro GB.

#1397 7 years ago

I like how quick people jump about how ugly things are. Look at the 90s Williams's amdDE games. Wire and crap everywhere. Go is pretty we'll tucked in and hidden. My only wish list for this is a decal over the black cover by the captive ball. Looks unfinished.

#1399 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My wife went from hating GB because of the stupid flipper gap to loving it when I added the PBL center post kit. I even left the Outlanes at factory. The post saves just enough of those cheap SDTM's to make the game much more enjoyable. Still suck at it and ball times are very short, but awesome feeling when an unsavable cheap SDTM bounces out

My opinion on this might be changing. I played a le with the kit. It only saved one ball out of two games. So not completely changing the odds. And I was a cheap sdtm drain it saved. Most flipper mistakes are not saved by it.

#1401 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm all for it making families happy, but at the end of the day it's still a center post. I've said it before center posts smoke your ass as much as they help you.
I haven't played this particular one though; just speaking in general.

I normally agree. They did drop this one behind the flippers a bit. And being suspended on plexiglass (not polycarbonate) it has a bit of a bounce added to it. I played it at mortimers. May also have been a really setup well game that was clean. But compared to the pro at up down bar I enjoyed it a lot more. Even with the air balls from it being broke in.

1 week later
#1421 7 years ago

I worked on copiers and printers for quite a few years. A couple tricks. For small springs we used a captive spring hook. A spring loaded tool that held the end so you didn't loose it. For e clips I put a dab of grease on them to hold them until I snapped them into place. Or if dropped they would stick and not bounce. Of course this is only if the assembly is ok with grease in that area.

#1446 7 years ago

While waiting for my premium I have been playing on location. Finally got mass hysteria last night. After about 10-15 games I was really hitting the shots.
Can't wait for my game!!

4 weeks later
#1542 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Who here has le's? If so what numbers and how is the ghosting?

I'm also following this thread. Toward the end there's a lot of talk about date codes and related condition. Worth a look.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-anyone-told-theirs-is-on-the-way

#1556 7 years ago

One thing I'm surprised with is the cabinet art lack of lineup from front to side. Wi how awesome it is and how little of the front you see and consider there's only 4 inches to lineup. Would they have drawn the art to lineup like every other game out there?personally the last cab photo looks worse than the original. They even cut out around the shooter area. What next an all black front of cab! Bally tried it and it looked bad.

1 week later
#1649 7 years ago

I will have to devise a protector when I get my game. I'm picking up a 4 by 8 sheet of polycarbonate today, couldn't be to hard to fab something up.

1 week later
#1730 7 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

So, I was considering swapping out all of the rubbers for a longer lasting alternative (titan/silicone rings), but as I'm looking at the game- there are a lot of plastics that would have to be removed (and probably the entire ramp) - replacing the rings appears to be an immense project.
This is my first machine, so I have nothing to really compare it to - but is replacing rubbers normally a fairly labor intensive task? Or is it more challenging on a GB? Or are there some easy steps that I'm simply not thinking about here?

I have shopped and sold a few games to help afford the hobby. Some games require all the ramps removed. Normally with a 10 plus year old game I end up performing a complete strip clean wax etc.
I have noticed data east and sega to require more disassembly. And those half rubber posts. Since stern is essentially the same company. I would say this is normal.

In a average game when the rubbers need replacing it's not a bad idea to clean and wax everywhere when you can. It's due.
Fortytwo

#1769 7 years ago

I'm waiting for my game. I built a custom topper but want to mount it to the wall because of weight etc. my game is coming soon but I want to get this done before.
Can someone measure the tallest point in their game and also how much adjustment on the legs left to go up?

Thanks
FortyTwo

#1778 7 years ago

My 2 cents. For me I'm no wizard, in fact don't know if I ever got to a wizard mode. But I could play the location pro enough to get past who brought the dog consistantly. So no need for the adjustments. But I will turn it on. The reason is for the 80 percent of non pinhead friends that come over.
So yes feels like cheating but will help others appreciate the code and work into it.

#1799 7 years ago

Those of you that replicated the exact issue. Have you submitted to stern? In the code update readme it specifically asks for feedback through a few methods none of whitch were Pinside.
I want them to fix it too, please help them.

10 months later
#3692 6 years ago

Latest code. I noticed when I bashed slimer and it's ready for select modes. The next mode lights are not blinking as they should be. Sometimes this happens.

#3694 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you on premium? If so, did you hit the slimer in the ecto goggles?

Yes i am on the premium, but i guess i never noticed the slimer in etco goggles. Do you need to hit that after bashing him?

#3699 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The slimmer is suppose to light the modes also after you hit him two or three times. I know exactly what he is talking about and what is strange is I've just recently noticed my game doing this very same thing occasionally. As far as I know, once you hit the slimer and he goes away, all of your mode lights should be flashing at that point and occasionally they don't.

Thanks. If you have to hit ecto goggles then you are locked into that ladders modes. Whitch is lame.

#3709 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

If you only hit the goggles, it will light the modes. More often than not though, your shot goes past the goggles and then starts the right ladder.

This is the way my premium acts. To me sounds like a bug.

2 weeks later
#3781 6 years ago

It's there... so damage your own game?

Some one else Earlier in the thread, if you Lower the premium ramp your cheating and can't score brag?

People do what you want with your game so that you enjoy it. I wouldn't slap the crap out of my shooter. But do what you want. If some enjoy with a shorter ramp or toys everywhere that's fine. But saying you hate the game because you can't play it without exploiting a bug sounds backwards. Like I eat so much because of society thinking.

1 week later
#3837 6 years ago

I beleive the right insert is used like a scoop flasher for the right scoop. Flashes before eject of ball.

1 week later
#3885 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks! I haven't noticed a lack of activity from the magnes, but I'm gonna try it out anyway.

Me too. Can you post a pic of the suggested orientation. I replaced mine with clear and don’t remember what order I put them in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Fortytwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.