IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EricHadley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#210 7 years ago

New Code!!!!! THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#388 7 years ago

I went to Logan Arcade in Chicago tonight and played Ghost Busters for my first time. I have a Premium on order and was really looking forward to playing it. They have a Pro in house of course. I was really let down when I first walked up to the machine, it looked cheap and under whelming. :-/ But I threw some money in the machine and played it. It does not drain down the left and right nearly as bad as some of you claim. Ever play Star Trek the Next Generation? This does not drain nearly that much AT ALL. Slimer did not register all hits, you really have to smack it. I wonder if that is by design? other that that I felt the game was boring Sorry to all of you who have an LE on order, but I don't think this one is it. After dumping like 20 bucks playing GB, I went and played Addams Family, Tron, Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Game of Thrones.....All much more fun. Really re-thinking my GB Premium, might cancel.

#414 7 years ago

Mine didn't come today

2 weeks later
#639 7 years ago

I agree, the game is awesome and it's fun to be challenged. Play Better

#651 7 years ago

Yawn, when will LE's and Premiums start shipping so we have something more fun to discuss?

1 week later
#719 7 years ago

OMG that's a terrible mod.....Why would you do anything to drastically effect game play?

#722 7 years ago

yeah, that giant ugly piece of plastic that is trying to add a center post. Terrible horrible no good very bad

1 month later
#1140 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Dang. My shooter lane is already starting to get wear. 150 games in.

Lol, yep.....The dangers of actually playing the game. LOL

2 weeks later
#1379 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great, now do us a favor and turn the shaker off and leave it off for a month and see if insert ghosting happens. We have been talking that that may be one of the causes. Thanks.

Mine will be delivered Friday, this is what I plan to do

2 weeks later
#1418 7 years ago

I had to take the bicycle girl ramp out of my TWD to do a lighting mod.....Damn e clips....Got them out safely, but as I was assembling one of them fell onto the play field. After some serious disassembly (Took ramps out, removed playfield plastics, etc....) I finally found it! I yi yi

2 weeks later
#1469 7 years ago

I've had my LE like 3-4 weeks now, approx 400 plays on it and it's still beautiful. I don't see any ghosting.

#1481 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Does your game have any indication of who made the playfield. Often a stamp on an edge, could be front or either side.

Here is a series of photo's I took today. Showing the inserts and all the markings I could find that might indicate the manufacturer. This is with right at 370 games played.

IMG_0223 (resized).JPGIMG_0223 (resized).JPG
IMG_0224 (resized).JPGIMG_0224 (resized).JPG
IMG_0222 (resized).JPGIMG_0222 (resized).JPG
IMG_0225 (resized).JPGIMG_0225 (resized).JPG
IMG_0226 (resized).JPGIMG_0226 (resized).JPG
IMG_0227 (resized).JPGIMG_0227 (resized).JPG
IMG_0228 (resized).JPGIMG_0228 (resized).JPG
IMG_0230 (resized).JPGIMG_0230 (resized).JPG
IMG_0229 (resized).JPGIMG_0229 (resized).JPG
IMG_0231 (resized).JPGIMG_0231 (resized).JPG
IMG_0232 (resized).JPGIMG_0232 (resized).JPG
IMG_0233 (resized).JPGIMG_0233 (resized).JPG
IMG_0234 (resized).JPGIMG_0234 (resized).JPG
IMG_0235 (resized).JPGIMG_0235 (resized).JPG

#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Wackybrake. It looks like your standup target is leaning a bit to the left on your ramp.
The spinner shot is tight enough already without anything blocking it.

Ah, yes I see that. I will work on adjusting it. You are right thats a tough shot without the added interference.

#1524 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

You don't put any holes in your game. The center post is attached to the plastic and is suspended from above.

God thats UGLY

1 month later
#1755 7 years ago

SWEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1756 7 years ago

www.sternpinball.com, Support, Game Code

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code

3 months later
#1973 7 years ago

I tore down my ghostbusters LE today to wax/clean the playfield and switch over to green titans! It gave me a chance to really inspect the playfield. I have to say mine is still prefect as can be, no ghosting at all. I'm not sure what's been causing the ghosting others have seen, but after about 1500 plays and roughly 6 months and it's a-ok.

5 months later
#3406 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I want SO BADLY to love my Ghostbusters Premium. It was my first NIB. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's been a dream theme of mine for years. But the more I play it, the more I come to realize that it is NEVER going to grow on me. I love the way it LOOKS in my collection. It is my favorite pin to stare at when it's turned off and I walk past it in the house. But every time I hit the Start button, I loathe this game a little bit more.
First of all, it has got to be the most annoying sounding pin I have ever played. I'm not just talking about the game audio, either. The pop bumpers create this weird, cheap, hollow, tin-can & balsawood rattling sound that I cannot otherwise describe. I thought maybe it was just how new Sterns sound these days, until I played Aerosmith at an arcade, and the pop bumpers sounded 'normal'....they sounded solid to me on that title. So then I thought maybe it's just MY unit. So I played a Ghostbusters Pro at that same location, and its pop bumpers did the same thing as mine.....they just sound different......I hear undertones of a pebble rattling around in an empty soda can....and it makes the whole game sound cheap to me. BUT WHATEVER. Maybe there's really nothing wrong and I just have a hearing problem, or maybe I'm just crazy. However.....on top of that gripe.....the game audio that Ghostbusters makes when the ball hits those cheap pop bumpers......those honking horns......they are cool for a few seconds, and they ARE theme-appropriate for NYC.....but when the ball spends what seems like 15-20 seconds in those pop bumpers every single time......those car horns get SUPER F'ING ANNOYING.....VERY QUICKLY. And don't even get me started on "Ok...who brought the dog?" CURSE YOU, RICK MORANIS!!! Will I feel the same way about Homer's "DOH!"s on TSPP in a few days when my just-purchased holy grail title is delivered? We'll see...but I doubt it.
Also, concerning the audio, where are all the callouts from the movie?!?! During gameplay, I hear maybe a dozen-or-so clips over and over again.......but there are SOOOOOO MANY MORE that would be perfect! I know they were digitized and exist in the code, because I hear them whenever I push the flipper buttons in Attract Mode. There must be literally HUNDREDS in there, because rarely have I ever heard the same ones twice.......but during actual gameplay, it's the same freakin' clips.....over and over and over again. I don't get it.
Here's a perfect example.......when a ball rolls over an outlane switch, instead of Egon & Peter's "I blame myself....So do I." almost every time, how about mixing it up once in awhile with the hotel maid screaming "What the hell are you DOIN'?!?" Would that really have been so difficult to program, code-wise? I don't get it. Does Stern have to pay $ to Columbia Pictures on a 'Per Clip Used In-Game' basis or something? Because if not, why WOULDN'T they utilize dialogue from the movie as much as possible?
As far as bad shot geometry, and the boring linear mode progression, etc.....that stuff has been discussed to death.....AND IT'S ALL TRUE.....but I won't get into it. This is getting long enough. Sorry.
In other news, looks for my 'GB Premium FOR SALE in South Florida' post coming soon! :-/

Seems like you are a little too delicate and picky to me

2 weeks later
#3528 6 years ago

This just happened!

IMG_0993 (resized).JPGIMG_0993 (resized).JPG

4 years later
#9899 2 years ago

What are premiums worth these days? Really want to pick up this game but the dude wants 11k for it. Thoughts on reasonable value and is it going to hold?!?!?

#9901 2 years ago

Whelp! I am back in the club!

35F7C2F8-6A56-4FFE-9A5F-A0DF8AB6086C (resized).jpeg35F7C2F8-6A56-4FFE-9A5F-A0DF8AB6086C (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9905 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Where did you get that back glass?

Came with it! But I think I am going to put the original back in

#9906 2 years ago

This club sure is quiet :-/

#9926 2 years ago

Anyone have an official Stern Ghostbusters shooter rod they want to sell?

4 weeks later
#10106 2 years ago

WAIT, WHAT?!?! There is a new movie? Huh?

#10122 2 years ago

I’m looking for an authentic Stern topper and shooter rod. Hit me up if you have one you want to sell.

#10153 2 years ago

Awesome! I never knew about these. Ordered a set!

#10156 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I saw in that other thread that you just got your GB for the big bucks. I am in the same nose-bleed price section as you. My problem is that I went to the Denver Showdown and of the 400 pins that were there, GB, along with AFM were the only 2 pin on the floor that did not bore me. And I am not a great player.
I crossed a lot of pins off of my bucket list on that trip. I used to think I would like to have a Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune, or Space Shuttle. Now, I would not walk across the street to play any of the 3.
When we got home I told my friend I was going buy a Ghostbusters. He said, " You are going to pay !" He did not lie I employed the Wall Street phrase : Buy high. Sell higher. I dug deep. Hopefully, I am not the Greater Fool

Yeah, time shall tell. Pinball is in a weird place right now with so much demand for hot titles. Hopefully I didn’t over pay, but time shall tell. This one is sticking around a long long time anyways, so if the market drops it doesnt much matter. Great game

#10188 2 years ago

WE GOT ONE!!!!

#10191 2 years ago

Where are you guys getting these 3d cities? I want!

2 weeks later
#10270 2 years ago

WE GOT ONE!!!!!!!!

#10276 2 years ago

Yeah LCD Color Display in this game is simply awesome!

#10284 2 years ago

DOTSXL is best in my opinion because it keeps the nostalgic dots but in color!
The LED display does not look good. My GB came with a LED and the colors were horrible, blurry and the LED dots are such small pinpoint of light. Compare them side by side, the LCD always wins. LED is only good when it’s the only option that will fit, such as Cirqus Voltaire, etc.

1 week later
#10383 2 years ago

Ghostbusters is as Ghostbusters does

#10403 2 years ago

Just get the ColorDMD LCD. Jeeze.

1 week later
#10480 2 years ago

Crapload of new posts, I thought what the heck is going on?!?!? Did Stern drop more toppers????
Nope, just grown men arguing over a mod. Mod if you like don’t mod if you don’t, its your game do what pleases you and enjoy.

#10483 2 years ago

Put rubber bands around the outlanes for all i care. It’s your game.

1 week later
#10512 2 years ago

Mikey likes Ghostbusters!

#10525 2 years ago

Call me crazy but I prefer the dots. ColorDMD with DOTSXL. I feel like dots forces more creativity. The LCD and just clips of existing content is lazy and boring. So IMO thank god Ghostbusters came out before the LCD was ready!

#10546 2 years ago

I am still looking for a Stern original shooter rod

#10578 2 years ago

Don't really care. I don't stare at the front of my game. I PLAY IT

#10586 2 years ago

#Ghostbustersgate 2022

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EricHadley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=EricHadley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.