IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5414 5 years ago

Got a dumb question for you all. At the Wheeling Expo I played a colored dmd version of Ghostbusters. I had thought that, they were waiting to release this till the final code update. But, apparently you can put in a color dmd for this game. Really makes it better I think. Can't wait to finally own one of these.
And I guess since I'm asking stupid questions.
What would you all say are the biggest differences between the Pro and Prem... I've now finally played both and I've played the pro a heck of a lot more, and I kind of think it might play better... But, I love the mag slings and the ecto goggles are cool. And you don't need to mod a library in the prem as it's there by default.
Just wondering thoughts on how the two shoot different. Because they too me feel very much different.

#5437 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The good news is that we know an update is coming and have Gomez on record saying what is missing from the game. Those items need to be added. There's no excuse for it if they don't. If Stern doesn't properly complete the games code then for me Ghostbusters is the last new game I'll ever buy from them. Such an iconic theme and loaded pin deserves to have its code finished.

Well its still in production too? So I don't know why they would abandon the code. If they do and I haven't bought mine yet... I won't buy mine. I know I"m only one potential sale. But, from what I hear its still selling and they just did a new run a few months back, and they'll probably do another run... So I don't know why you would. If anything... If I was the head of stern(you'd all be in trouble as the company would have tanked), I would do another production run at the release of the final code. And I would include the missing modes.

I bet since this is pinball, you'd get some 2nd time buyers as well. As some people have sold or traded their original machine. But, I'm probably wrong about everything... Just this game looks amazing, sounds amazing, and I enjoy how it shoots and plays. Might not be the best shooting, or best code(still wip) but the game makes me smile just as much as any pinball machine ever has.

1 month later
#5628 5 years ago

So is Stern done making these new??? I was kind of hoping to be able to buy a NIB once I paid off my Monster Bash LE... If that's the case that's a real bummer. I know they announced Met being a last run, so I thought they would announce a last run on GB... If that's the case, I might just try to buy a HUO GB LE. When I have the money of course. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will have the Color DMD in it as well.

1 month later
#5741 5 years ago

Okay... So I still haven't gotten my Ghostbusters yet... Hope to before the year is out... Have played it in the wild more than a few times though, and also I did get the table on my ps4 stern pinball arcade. Which is fun to play and helpful for learning the rules of this game.
So... I finally got an appreciation for the modes and how they're activated, but I do think they're still just a smidge to linear... But, now I know you do have a few choices with them. But, if you choose the skillshot start mode, that is always who brought the dog. And I'm still not 100% certain on how locks for storage mb are lit, besides the captured ghosts and the light lock reward for the pop bumpers. And also how tobins tells me its now lit and yet I cannot always seem to claim it, and the same is true for video modes...
But, I'll plug away on it and try to pay more attention. Again... Not having to plunk 30 dollars on it at a time to play it, I have found that I discovering new things about the code and its better than I thought at first...
Still doesn't help me, as it is a brutal game.

My question to you all is about the video mode. The ESP one. I like that it uses the audio from the movie from this and its a great scene... But, how do you know when you need to quit the mode? When do you know its time to cash out of the mode?
That is why I don't play that mode that often as I get more points from Don't Cross the Streams... Honestly Don't cross the streams is a bit more fun though. I think it could have been better if they made the capture quicker and slightly faster paced... But, its a strategy game really and I can actually beat it... Which makes me happy.

#5744 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

You can cycle the lower skill shot to any of the 3 shots that have a mode tied to them. One flipper button cycles the upper, and the other does the lower. Do this before you plunge.
Locks are lit in 2 different ways. Collecting ghosts will light a lock at (I think) 10, 20, and 50. Would be nice if you could adjust those 3 levels. The other way is to hit the captive ball on the left side. If you do 2 balls within 20 or 30 seconds it will light all 3 locks. If you do 3 balls over any amount of time it will also light all 3 locks. I'm pretty sure on these numbers, but have recently moved my GB from a minor location I have to my main location that I'm at once a week for tournaments, so I'm sure I'm off on at least something.
For the guessing mode, it's pretty much that. Dwight has said your odds are better in the beginning (first 3 or 5 maybe) and then after that it gets harder. Don't Cross The Streams will get you almost 60m if you win. Unless you can do better guessing cards on a regular basis, I'd just take Streams unless you want to see how far you can guess. My friend got it up to over 100 (112? 124?) million once because he didn't know how to cash in yet and just kept going until he got it wrong.
I bet you will enjoy the game. I really do. I'm pretty vocal about an update only because they have teased it for 15 months. Small updates from time to time instead of this massive wait for hopefully a massive update would have been a lot better. I'm really hoping it happens soon and it fixes all of the known issues and balances the game out some.

Thanks for the tips guys.
And yes... I already love this game. Its frustrating and it kicks my butt most of the time. And only about half the times do I play it in the wild do I ever get a replay on it. I know at home it'll be better and easier for me to get deeper and farther into it... Just a lot of really cool pinball machines I'd like to own and so little money...
But, I really think the overall theme, and design are why I want this. Its actually a good and unique pinball machine. But, I know the theme is something that I myself love, and my whole entire family will love. From the young nieces and nephews who are under 10, to my brothers and sisters, and my father will also love this game.
I think his favorite mode might be the start of Spook Central. "Yes, its true... This man has no BLEEP!" That's one of his favorite lines ever in film history. And he's a big film buff.
Personally I think this game also has the best callouts. Not just Mr. Ernie Hudson's custom ones. Those are really good. And at first I thought he only said really big score, but I'm happy that he actually from time to time says twinkie.
But, its great hearing the actual lines from the movies. Anyone seen a ghost. We came we saw... And of course who brought the dog!!!
I can get and understand why some people don't like this machine.
But, I always enjoy playing it... Even if it pisses me off with how brutal it can be. And I think its actually more for the home market, then route. Just my opinion.

7 months later
#6902 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like marketplace is starting to burn up with wanted gb threads
Knew that would happen once code was close
Hopefully Stern delivers. They don't even need a knock out so I think this will really be well received

Or a cool vault edition. I really think they let production die on Ghostbusters. Which is odd, because they had a recent practice of announcing last runs. And for Ghostbusters they just took it off their page quietly.
Which again... Seems odd because GB is supposed to be one of sterns better selling titles...

Personally I love this game. Its number 3 on my get list. Looking for Elvira 3 for my next one, but if it sucks... Won't be getting it. Then I want an AFM... And then finally hoping to get my Ghostbusters.
So the whole demand from new code might be fizzled out by the time I have the money for it.

8 months later
#8322 3 years ago

I don't own Ghostbusters, but man I really do think its an amazing game. I have it for Stern's Pinball Arcade on my PS4. Been playing it a lot recently and just really been loving it.

Something finally clicked with me and the code. Thanks to a lot of people on this forum also taking the time to explain it to me. But, I finally got to the We're Ready to Believe You Wizard mode!!!!

Now, the ps4 pinball arcade version does not have the updated code. So it is a bit of a bummer getting to know the code, only for that to now not be the official code. Still, I think when I do get a chance to play this game in person again I should still have a good grasp on how the game works.

I'm actually really leaning towards buying one. The only thing is I want to wait for the covid stuff to be mostly over before I buy one, and I don't know if I want a Prem or Pro. If given the choice between the two, I'd go for a Prem... But, those seem to have dried up lately, and I see pros on the market a lot more frequently.
Anyway... I was thinking about an Attack From Mars, or an MM, but since I own a MBr and EHOH, I figured I don't want a fan layout game. And ghost busters has a pretty dang unique layout.

I know people complained about the flipper gap and how the game kicks your butt... But, I think that's part of its charm... Yes, I get mad about the flipper gap. But, man do I love this game. Great dots. Great callouts. Great use of the movies assets, and I think in my oppinion one of the very best all around sound designs in pinball.
Has nice toys(Prem the slings are the coolest thing, googles are neat). So right now. I'm really really thinking hard about getting one. But, for the foreseeable future I'll have to be content with playing it on my ps4.

#8325 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

It's got all the right toys and gimmicks. Prem/le are better but pro is its own game outright so great too. The prem/le just adds to the experience and slimer shot is a chase rather than just a shot. The game isn't hard once you gain control and don't rush things, then the code opens a fantastic world to you.
This game would be a classic if not for jt legal issues which I believe should not taint the game in the first place. Hate the guy not the game.
And who knows, maybe down the track there might be another code tweak that'll make it even better. I live in hope lol

I think JT is a scum bag. I think we all probably think that... With that being said he is my favorite pinball designer. I think he was the best at theme integration than any other pinball designer really.
Ritchie has some great integration, but for a lot of his games you slap on different graphics and a new name and you'd never really know. Lawlor has some of the best integration as well, and is about the same as JT, but I think JT has more unique and varied layouts for his machines(not saying better).

Anyway, back to this game... The magna slings are cool, but can lead to BS drains, even more so than regular slings as you have more control over regular ones. But, its still really cool!! And I think worth the frustrating drains.

But, really I think it needs the slimer to be moving. That adds an a little bit more skill and danger to the game. As this game doesn't have that many shots on it. It has enough. But, I think if you just have a stationary slimer, it takes away a lot of the variety in shot options. Lets be honest. Shooting GEAR, or for the captive balls are not smart. And you never want to directly shoot for those(least not gear). I'll get the captive balls and gear on accident and that's fine with me. Same with the book stacking shot. No need to aim for it, you'll hit it enough times on accident.

And yeah... I think the poster who said that this game is quite easy if you're in control of it.
I like the modes. I like how they stack, and I like the rules to the modes. But, what I realized was... That if I wanted to progress. Sometimes it was better to just let the modes time out and start slimer.
The only modes I let time out where the longer more difficult ones. And I'd just hit the safe shots over and over again once the timer stopped counting down to restart it. Using this strat... it took awhile, but I could get deeper into the games more frequently and I finally got to the we're ready to believe you.

One last question. Again. I don't have a real machine I play it on Stern Pinball Arcade on my ps4, so the code is not updated.
Did they get rid of we're ready to believe you for the Are you a god multi ball?
I'm just curious. I'd hope that both were there and accessible. I did watch the jack danger stream, but I think they set it to where it was easier to get the are you a god.

Anyway... Can't wait for covid to die down, so I can try to hunt down one of these machines, or find a place that might have it to play!!!!

#8327 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This is really not the case, especially in the new code. You can shoot the left ramp repeatedly to build the gear jackpot. It tops out at 75M. Then hit just one of the gear targets to collect. Put that with a 6x multiplier, and you get a lot of points. It's worth as much as DCTS, but it's always available.

I wouldn't call this game easy under any circumstances, but you have to play this game under control. Trying to play a "flow" style is begging for frustration.

Playing the real game is amazing. I really love it!!

I've played many, many games on a physical real ghostbusters... I think mostly on pros however. I love the game. Haven't played physical GB in about 7 months now. Once Covid is over I should have more than enough money for a Premium or even an LE... But, I'd like a fair price for one, and this game is kind of popular right now(understandably so). So while I do think it should retain a good bit of its original price. So I while I"m in the market and ready to buy, I'm going to wait and see if I can find a nice deal.

#8329 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Maybe I didnt word it right. I was trying to say that this game isn't a fun killer. If you try to slow the game down and not try to keep the flow constantly going, you can get some great games and some great scores. I average about a billion at factory. I play the modes and try to maximise them with playfield multipliers. I try to have storage mball ready for the later modes.
I try to start snd finish the bank of three modes and play we believe. Then the bank of four modes and then the final two. I struggle a little with shooting the left scoop.
I try to catch nearly every ball before going for a shot too. But hey I have had the sub 10-20mil game.
Try not to panic and pressure yourself

Wow... I consider a score of 40-60 million good for me. 619,325,990 that is my best game to date on a GB(the actual machine on my PS4 I got 23 billion or something like that, but those scores don't count. Only real machines count). I don't mind that this game kicks my butt. I love playing it and sure... If I owned one I'd put up better scores on it, as I'd learn it better. But, still... WOW!!!!!! I got much to learn in pinball(but isn't that the fun of pinball!). And to be fair. I never understood the code until now. So I was mostly just flipping like a headless monkey.

3 weeks later
#8367 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Do you mean a vault? or new code? or just the way that 2020 has been why not meet our destroyer!
But, I mean he's a sailor so we just need to get him laid!!!

#8369 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Lol! I love the pinball-first questions!
It is just the way 2020 is going...you never know what's next! I just found the meme and thought I would share it, lol!

He's my favorite Kaiju .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 49.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
15,699 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.