IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3480 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I'll be streaming GB Pro with the walking Stay Puft mod tonight at 8 Eastern if you want to see it in action: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Looked for the video, did you post?

Btw...

I'm in the club

IMG_5132 (resized).JPGIMG_5132 (resized).JPG

IMG_5133 (resized).JPGIMG_5133 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3545 6 years ago

I want the 3D Firehouse Station Mod, can I get it anywhere beside the Stern mod collection? I don't care of the other mods offered in the pack, (well, maybe the PKE mod)

#3575 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Yes, Cointaker sales the firehouse mod sets, you do have to buy a set however, I only wanted firehouse so I got the less expensive set. included in the lower end set is green ooze for slimmer and spotlights, also later built GB's the green slimmer ooze does not fit the later built pins. the ooze is cheap looking does not match the colors, nor did I install the flipper bat covers.

Do you happen to have a link to the kit? I don't see it anywhere

#3603 6 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Congrats! GB Pro is my only current one (TAF and Austin Powers in the past). Wanting a second one eventually....SW Pro or GOT Pro are my desired. Maybe LOTR, but I don't want to spend more than $5,000...thoughts?

Maybe find a theme you like from the system 11 catagory, less money, but still good games

#3651 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

For the PKZ shot, if you haven't modified the stand up under the ramp, then do so. You can buy a shorter standoff and replace it, then the ramp works SO much better. It becomes a fair shot (still hard, but doesn't bounce around and come out).

First I've heard of this, could you elaborate please?

3 weeks later
#3721 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So it's a hex spacer that is right under the metal ramp right by the plastic ramp. You can see a little screw when you look down from the top. It is 2" long stock. I removed the hex spacer that was installed in the game. I installed a 1 5/8" hex spacer. That was the length everyone kind of decided on when the premiums/LEs first came out. The right ramp works great now.
It's been a while since I did mine but I believe you need a female to female spacer like this
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-13

I've been looking deeper into doing this, I know it's been explained , silverballnut, I really appreciate you in this, can someone please post some pictures? I have scoured this thread and can't seem to find what I'm looking for, thank you guys in advance

#3725 6 years ago

Perfect, thank you gentleman!

1 week later
#3766 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Only my second time playing Ghostbusters Pro on location and I broke 1bil!!!! I know this isn't a crazy score based on what I have seen out there, but considering limited playing time, I was soooo pumped!!!

Good Job Chris!

#3797 6 years ago

Yup

IMG_5438 (resized).JPGIMG_5438 (resized).JPG

#3804 6 years ago

My library scoop welds broke, anyone have any recommendations?

3 weeks later
#3934 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

My game is set between 6.6 and 7.1 degrees according to the PinGuy iPhone app (depending on if I face the top of the phone closest to the flippers or not).
I have the center post installed and it never saves a ball. I am thinking either the ball is not going fast enough to bounce off sufficiently high, the post is too flexible, or perhaps I just have the post installed wrong?
I might as well remove the post at this point as it is doing nothing to save the ball.
Anyone else able to get the center post to save the ball and any thoughts on what might be wrong with my setup?

I think you need to use the rubber pinballs everyone else is using

3 weeks later
#4083 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I'm not a great player, but our GB has been fun while improving my skills 100%.
Hang out on Pinside and you'll read complaints on new games for lack of original art, innovation, toys, copy paste layouts, no licensed music or real actor callouts.
Ahem.
Pinball tastes are always subjective.
I just wonder how much time people have really spent with the game.

I spend all day with mine
It sits right behind my work office chair

1 month later
#4196 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I have done a full 180 on this game. At first was very frustrated with it, could never seem to have a good game. Then I tweaked a few things (got carrot flipper bats, reset slimmer, etc.) and I'm now having frequent really good games. Just finished by best to date and had a blast! Went through every mode except "Back Off Man I'm a Scientist" I didn't even realize you can get to "we came we saw we kicked..." twice (I am not sure, but guessing after I finished StayPuff and a 2nd time after I finished Ballroom) Ended up with 10,449,370,000! So glad I never dumped this pin!

Nice... haha carrots, I’ve thought about modifying mine with a 2nd set of holes so I could reposition the flippers a little closer together, it’s my only problem with this game... I can handle a pinball, but sheesh, Judge Dredd and ghostbusters kill me on the stdm

2 weeks later
#4283 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

+1 very interested

+1 more

#4284 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m surprised there isn’t custom code already floating around.
I still need to add more music and clean up a few things. I’ll make the code available when it’s ready.

In case I missed it, are you running a pro or premium?

5 months later
#4990 5 years ago
B1CFC4EC-A85E-4D7D-A925-323C9D5E1132 (resized).jpegB1CFC4EC-A85E-4D7D-A925-323C9D5E1132 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#5337 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Im picking up a GB pro tomorrow. The guy says the slimer cable is broke. Where can i get a replacement and how much does it cost?

I haven’t seen that anywhere here on this thread, you might have to go directly to stern for that one .

Congrats on the pick up tomorrow!

1 year later
#8675 3 years ago

I’ve been dreading bringing this up for a while, And I’m sure I know what everyone’s opinion is going to be. But I thought I would throw this idea into the open and see what the consensus would be.

Regarding the flipper gap. As has been stated in the past that the design was not meant to have the wide typical flipper gap for the designers usual flow, and has been Typical practice by everyone here to add carrot flavors or the center post if the flipper gap bothered the machine owner.

I have been contemplating for the last couple of years on routing the flipper post holes to allow a semi permanent and reversible 1/8 inch re-positioning of the flipper mech bracket; to each left and right flipper. Of course this modification is to bring the flippers closer together to original desired design but still maintain the Integrity of the machine to allow for full reversal of the modification and to be able to put the mechs right back in the original place should it be desired to move later on.

I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are on this idea if it where to be thought of as common practice for Ghostbusters if I attempted this modification to the playfield and if others followed suit.

#8685 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

as stated in this post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/174#post-5870493
the flipper post holes are not incorrect and are the typical Trudeau Flipper post spacing at 7 1/8" like in all his dmd games - his signature piece
it is the flipper droop that makes the gap seem bigger, so solutions are:
- lift the standard 3" flippers up = bringing the flipper tips closer
- damage your playfield and drill a hole for a centre post or install the centre post mod
- install carrot flippers which are longer than standard flippers and people either like or dislike the look
or
- install the german extender flippers - cool idea but expensive and would be potentially a little weightier
http://www.adpin.de/english/
or
- install my quick swap out flippers - they never took off partly the cost and partly you need to tap a few holes but you can swap out 2 7/8" / 3" / 3 1/8" bats in a matter of 30 seconds once the posts are installed and set. I was going to do a rev 2 but not enough interest to warrant at this stage.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksflipper

Thank you for this, all of you... swinks I’ve looked at your flippers many times, I know all of the options sincerely.

I’m familiar with jt’s designs. I own a few of them...
I don’t really want to mod the playfield, I was under the impression jt Mishandled the design and meant to shorten the gap to a standard before completion. I’m sure there’s a handful of guys here that could possibly back this up. I read your post from a few days ago... I’ve been playing this game for years, I’ve experimented with several things. I may give carrots another shot, and or adjust the flipper angle again, but this is all in repeat. I was thinking widening the holes is going to be a correction to the design.

#8688 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

a lot of people have theorised about the so called mistake but back in 2015 I wrote to Trudeau and he confirmed it is as standard - so no mishandling = 7 1/8" post hole centres is correct
[quoted image]
and he answered my query on a number of things about other games but I asked about the protons and the book stack as well
[quoted image]

This is great, and much appreciated. Thank you

#8697 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Wouldn't you then have to make longer ball guides for the inlanes leading up to the flipper?

No, not necessary, the ball would still flow correctly

Quoted from freddy:

All this for 1/8”

Actually 1/4”

I’m not going to route the holes out, I really thought this whole time it was a mistake made before production

#8704 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Game settings will be back to factory and same with high scores. If you want to keep your scores, you can load the image in Pinball Browser and add your scores and initials. Or just write down your scores, take the glass off and ring up the same score and add your initials.
I updated the Mudflaps Pro soundtrack, which is excellent and a great start for me. I just do not have the appreciation for the original soundtracks of GB 1&2, just not my style of music. I prefer the entire gaming experience to be very upbeat, energetic and keeping with a Blues Brothers-Ghostbusters vibe in conjunction with the original Stern soundtrack of EDM. Here I have Tina Turner instead of Aretha like Blues Brothers. Also have Stevie Ray Vaughn; James Brown; Cherry Poppin Daddies; The Prodigy; KillParis; Ghostbuster theme remixes including an uptempo remix starting on ball 3.
Script 0x62D (24s11ms) - Loop that plays when a ball is in the shooter lane. This was a soft piano loop that had a cutoff during the loop. This would drive me crazy if I walked away from the game or was waiting for someone to shoot the ball. Now it's a very upbeat, funky groove that was taken from Script 0x620 and edited to fit. Perfect!
Script 0x637 (18s180ms) - this was some odd Bobby Brown clip I think and it didn't work. Replaced with another script of a short loop to fit.
Script 0x606 (29s545ms) - replaced a quiet and out of place piano clip, or maybe it was quiet and cartoony? Swapped in another script that works great. Still may re-visit this, but it's an improvement for me.
Script 0x618 (1:18s414ms) - We Got One mode. Replaced the Cleanin' Up the Town song. It worked just fine there, but I wanted something else that also kept the same vibe. So I have a section of Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tina Turner.
Script 0x61B (1:35s976ms) Plays for He Slimed Me mode. Whatever song that was, I did not like it. I think it was from the soundtrack. Replaced with a James Brown instrumental track, The Scratch. Fits the vibe and no vocals interfering with game sounds.
Script 0x625 (2:54s848ms) - Spook Central mode. Absolutely did not like this track from the soundtrack. Way too 80s synth and did not fit the vibe I'm going for. Replaced with an awesome Ghostbusters remix by Kill Paris
Script 0x5FF (3:48s178ms) Can't remember what was here, probably a soundtrack song. This track plays when choosing Guess the Card and Cross the Streams games. It will continue to play if choosing Guess the Card. If you choose cross the streams, then Script 0x61D plays. Replaced with Their Law by Prodigy.
Script 0x61D (1:25s367ms) - Can't remember what was there, but didn't like it. This plays during Cross the Streams video mode. Replace with El Phantasmo & The Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine women and song mix) by White Zombie
Script 0x614 (2:19s994ms) - Plays during We Came, We Saw (I think that's the mode name), replaces Savin' The Day. I really hate that song, lol, totally the opposite of the music I like. Replaced with House is a Rockin' by Stevie Ray Vaughn.
Script 0x631 (5:53s000ms) - This original Ghostbusters theme song plays in the background during ball 3 and then in the background of all extra balls. Replaced with a faster remix of the original and I like it adding a faster pace when you reach ball 3 and beyond. Same old slow theme song gets boring.

this looks amazing, anyone want to transpose it to the premium? I be very appreciative

#8726 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Can anyone tell me if there is a 12vdc 3 pin plug inside the cabinet like you would find in a Sam system game like metallica etc. I want to install some under cab lighting that is 12v. Photo would be great as well. Thanks

Quoted from Lermods:

No, there isn’t.

Stern took it out when putting the power supply and the power switch in the head

7 months later
#9321 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I was bothered by the flat buildings plastics used in the game. I removed them and made several 3D printer prototypes to get the best appearance and fit.
[quoted image]
Here’s what I ended up with. The buildings behind the firehouse took roughly 4 hours to print and the Stay Puft buildings took a bit over 6 hours. Once 3D printed, the window lights were cut out with a vinyl cutter and adhered, then the buildings were clear-coated.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
There are two separate areas of buildings. I wish both were simple bolt-on, easy installs. They are bolt-on… easy, but they were a little more involved than I wanted them to be.
The buildings behind the firehouse needed the playfield to be raised and I worked from the side of the game. A few screws needed to be loosened and a few removed to obtain access to the existing buildings. Unscrew both bolts at the bottom of the plastic and affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws.
[quoted image]
The buildings in front of Stay Puft are more visible and impressive, but of course they were more involved to put on. After removing the two screws that hold the stock building plastic, simply affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws. Sure, but I needed to take the main ramp completely off the game (removing the flap screws, several ramp mounts, unplugging a few items under the playfield and feed through).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I am pleased with the way these turned out. Here is the final design.
[quoted image]
Such a great game and great toys as is but just wanted something a bit more custom for the buildings.
I made a couple extra sets, if anyone is interested in one. I will list them in a marketplace ad.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’d like a set too please , pm sent

4 months later
#9711 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Is it just me or does there seem to be a renewed interest in Ghostbusters Pinball? It seems like more and more people are looking for one and the prices seem outrageous. My LE is bolted to the ground.

The new movie is going to come out in November, there’s a lot of mystery and chatter going on since it has been announced years ago

#9770 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Honestly surprised it took someone this long to make one, seems like every other game has buildings made for it.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"53686cbb7ff13299f8f88e30cee35b02fbbc4abe-1633204778-1800"};
//]]>

We’ve had mezel’s version since almost the beginning, I think it looks great

Excited to see how this full size one turns out

2 months later
#10152 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

nice control idea though the target angle is what causes most of the airballs but that is a smaller and cleaner look than the big plastic variations
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

Yes... this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Chosen_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.