IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Captain_Kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 8 years ago

Premium ordered here.

This one's gonna be a keeper, methinks!

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm hopefully buying a pro if I like how it plays, once I get to play one.

You're actually on the fence about this one? Mr Ghostbusters himself?

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I just don't drop $5k without touching something first, heh. Call it a personal rule. It would be like buying a car without test driving it.

Still in shock. You're the reason "The Real Ghostbusters Thread", with over 10,000 posts, exists!

You're even are looking forward to the new movie!

LOL!

Just busting your chops. I got to play it at TPF. I wouldn't buy blind either.

#125 8 years ago

Safe bet on this one!

3 weeks later
#356 7 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Replaces the noisy spike fan. Made a video.
Direct link to the comparison at the end, watch the whole video for more info.
» YouTube video

Awesome! Thanks for showing this!

1 week later
#522 7 years ago

Can anyone who has their Ghostbusters in a home environment comment on the quality of Ernie Hudson's speech? A common complaint with Star Trek was that Karl Urban's speech wasn't processed to fit in with the rest of the lifted audio quotes from the movies. How does Ernie's compare?

I've only played GB at TPF, so not ideal to judge sound.

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think Erinie did a pretty good job overall, I just wish there was more variety with his call outs. The quality of the callouts are far better then the Karl Urban callouts as Stern had Ernie record them in an actual studio versus over the phone with Karl...(read that a while back on here).
Are some of them cheesy as others have said? Yes. In Pinball Browser I've heard a "Smoke em if ya got em" Ernie callout, lol.

Thanks. That what I was looking for.

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Can't wait to make my own custom version of the code with Pinball Browser. I'll be removing Ernie's call outs for most things, especially the Jackpot stuff. Bill Murray or Dan Akroyd would have been awesome if they did callouts.. But Winston? No thank you, but I appreciate the effort.

Akroyd? Yes. Murray? No. His lazy, sardonic voice is not suited to Pinball call-outs.

Akroyd's hyperactive voice with its child-like sense of wonder, would have been the best of the four.

#569 7 years ago

Topper is a must have accessory for me. The game wouldn't be complete without it.

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sorry, but that topper looks like shit. Turns an other wise awesome looking game into some Little Tykes kids toy to me. Should we put plastic proton packs and traps hanging off it as well? I'd rather have a Slimer or stay Puft guy up on top then a plastic siren that came off a Power Wheels police car

Well, if you'd rather have child's Slimer hanging off your top, then do it.

#574 7 years ago

Day 1 accessories for me are Shaker motor, Lightbar topper, Zombie's pinblades.

Future accessories will be the Proton siderails.

Accessories I'd like too see made are a 3-D sculpted Firehouse replacement, and a better looking, backlit, city structure over the pops.

#623 7 years ago
Quoted from weapon76:

Ugly Topper with a ugly price tag...

Interesting, since they haven't released a price for it yet.

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

One thing I find interesting is that Tredeau says in that video that the magna slings were cost-removed out of the pro? Like......what??!?! Seriously, how could that be more expensive. You're replacing two kicker mechs with two magnets and four inserts in the playfield. The mech cost can't be that dissimilar. Got some extra routing time for each playfield for the inserts, and the cost of the inserts, but at that point we're talking about what... 5-10 bucks on the BOM?
/sigh

Standard kicks are an established, inexpensive part. Mags are new. They are not just magnets. They cost more. Specialty product.

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes they are just magnets. Same ones used on TAF.

Yes, they HAVE magnets, but they are a new DEVICE, created especially for this game.

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

They should have two shots count then, like what Dwight did with ST being able
to make the away team shot under the 3rd flipper, or the left VUK shot, both feel great when hit to start a new mission.

That's all Lonnie and his team. Dwight only did the 1.6 release, which fixed some bugs, balanced scoring, and implemented the medal system.

#650 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You don't do much marketing work do you?
Stern needed something like a new feature such as magnaslings to add value to the LE/Prem tables to encourage sales of the higher profit product they make. The BOM is higher then regular slings I am sure too, as they get those parts in higher quantities which means a lower cost. More assembly time as well I am sure. Lots of reasons, both for marketing, sales, and production as to why magnet slings do not come on the Pro.

Stop it, stop it, stop it! We're agreeing on something! Mass Hysteria!

1 week later
#734 7 years ago

Does Midnight Madness have its own music, or does it recycle music from another mode?

#773 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Now, this particular model had the ecto-1 siren topper on it and I must say, it sucks.

Interesting, since the couple of videos Pinsiders have posted with their topper make it look much better in person than stock photos.

#779 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

New PBL balls werent necessary but now you can add 1 to the book stacking newton ball to keep the wire rail from bending as bad. Might want to look into the PBL kit that has plastic pieces to help fix the outlane jumping. Besides that you got it covered with the PBL springs and a shaker. Oh yeah buy a external subwoofer, game has alot of base

Stern's pinballs are crap. They go right into the trash when I get a NIB. PBL's ultra-shiny balls are a must for me.

#787 7 years ago

I think this was related to the delay issues, and Stern bringing the playfields in house.

Hopefully, games made going forward won't have this issue.

#798 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

You do realize larger flippers will most likely change the geometry of the shots. The flipper gap at first is frustrating but once you learn the machine plays, the issue goes away. I think the real issue is this...you've played the pin and really don't like it, yet are buying an LE anyway. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Not every pin is for everyone and maybe GB just isn't for you? You could sell your LE for more than you paid and get another pin down the road that was love at first flip. That's what I would do if I were you.

Far too much common sense for that Pinsider.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Captain_Kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Captain_Kirk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.