IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#377 7 years ago

all you guys that are bitching and whinning about the game being to hard. Just remember, it's because it's new. Every game is almost unplayable until it gets at least 500 games on it.

My LOTR (which usually has super long game times) was brutal at first. If you touched the slings at all, the slickness of the clear and newness of the rubber, would have it perfectly setup, for 2 sling passes and a side drain. Every time. If you activated the slings, you were fucked. I couldn't do shit on that game for at least 100 games. At around 100 games. It would pass, pass, and just barely touch the inlane rubber enough to actually be able to almost save the ball. You have to play the shit out of NIB, before they slow down a bit and the angles don't screw your ass into a circle.

#379 7 years ago

I wasn't singling anyone out. Just saying in general. I think many people here never get 500 plays on their machines before the sell them, so they never have the chance to settle in.

I wish you could have played my LOTR when it was NIB. Holy shit did that game piss me off. If I had a game that lasted more than 1 min 30 sec, I had the game of my life.

My TF was the same way, same with AC/DC/ ....it was side drain after side drain. I was like SOB!!!

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nothing was more insane than my NIB Iron Man. That was brutal.

i remember. When IM was new and they used it for tournaments. Holy shit was it impossible to keep going for any length of time. now that they have some miles on them, it's still fast, but you can have games go on for a long time.

#415 7 years ago

premium better be out by mid june, or my premium launch party is going to be pushed back.

#442 7 years ago

I don't want anymore traditional layouts out of stern. We have way to many already. Fan patterns have been over done. Need new ideas like this and TWD.

#457 7 years ago

BENT RAIL PROBLEM SOLVED::::::

Ok, you guys want to fix that rail issue. You know what they did on EM's and early solid state games, when they needed reinforcement, or sections where the ball would rest between rubber gap?

the answer is in the name of the machines we enjoy. Pinball.

Reason it's called pinball, is because nails were used as pins.

Put a nail in the playfield right in the middle of the guide rail and all your problems are solved. Doesn't have to be a big one. Just a thin support nail like you use on Xmas lights. Problem solved.

#459 7 years ago

yup. Hammer a nail. It's either that or redrill that rail post holes, so you can put a thicker rail in there. One way or another, there is going to be some playfield altering.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have a better suggestion for a fix: Look to the manufacturer to offer a solution to their flawed design, and provide that fix free of charge.

so you want them to send you the nail in a baggie with an instruction sheet? What if that is there solution?

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I may recreate that part with a much harder steel. If people are interested, I could do a run. I'm assuming it's aluminum now, right?

no rails are always just rolled metal. all pinball rails are. You find this out when you start working with a magnetic screwdriver and it gets attached to every damn rail you get near.

1 week later
#594 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thoughts on the accessories? Looks like they changed the topper from the earlier prototype a bit?

Looks like shit.

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's my $25 total topper, I'm cheap, a little over the top but so is the artwork of the game. My room is black light so I painted the teeth and whites of the eyes bl reactive so they light up.

$25? they were 9.99 on amazon and ebay.

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

One thing I find interesting is that Tredeau says in that video that the magna slings were cost-removed out of the pro? Like......what??!?! Seriously, how could that be more expensive. You're replacing two kicker mechs with two magnets and four inserts in the playfield. The mech cost can't be that dissimilar. Got some extra routing time for each playfield for the inserts, and the cost of the inserts, but at that point we're talking about what... 5-10 bucks on the BOM?
/sigh

I agree. No way a sling system is cheaper than a magnet and core. has to be some other reason. Personally, I think it was time. They needed more time to perfect them and the pro production deadline was coming up.

#617 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Its called value pricing, and people perceive magnets to be cooler than plain old kicker slings. Also, factor in the man hours for programming the magna slings to work the way they do, and there is your higher cost.

the man hours for programming have to be there regardless. They need it for the premium and LE's anyway. It actually would have been cheaper, if they only had to program one set of slings. Not 2 different codes.

#619 7 years ago

still had to write separate sections and customize the software to work around it.

#626 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Standard kicks are an established, inexpensive part. Mags are new. They are not just magnets. They cost more. Specialty product.

yes they are just magnets. Same ones used on TAF.

#648 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

They also need more time to assemble, use more wiring, a magnet board, other supporting parts such as fuses, programming, etc etc. definitely higher cost all around vs a couple coils for standard kickers in the slings IMO

ummmm, you don't do much board work do you? Magnets are on coil fuse chains. Programming has to be already done for the LE/premiums. Have to have same amount of wire for either. there are more mechanical parts for standard slings. Magnets are a magnet ring and metal bracket with core included. All 2 pieces. Standard slingshot, is a coil, bracket, kicker arm, spring, 2 leaf switches. both are controlled the same with the same transistors on the board.

1 week later
#738 7 years ago

why do you have to drill a hole or even have a center post? I think i've stated this before.

Carrot flippers......>Carrot flippers.......................Carrot flippers, carrot flippers, carrot, flippers, flippers carrot, carrot flippers, carrot flippers.....1/8" longer than standard flipper.....carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, flippers. Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer. oh yes, carrot flippers.Carrot flippers......>Carrot flippers.......................Carrot flippers, carrot flippers, carrot, flippers, flippers carrot, carrot flippers, carrot flippers.....1/8" longer than standard flipper.....carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, flippers. Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer. oh yes, carrot flippers.Carrot flippers......>Carrot flippers.......................Carrot flippers, carrot flippers, carrot, flippers, flippers carrot, carrot flippers, carrot flippers.....1/8" longer than standard flipper.....carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, flippers. Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer. oh yes, carrot flippers.Carrot flippers......>Carrot flippers.......................Carrot flippers, carrot flippers, carrot, flippers, flippers carrot, carrot flippers, carrot flippers.....1/8" longer than standard flipper.....carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, flippers. Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer. oh yes, carrot flippers.Carrot flippers......>Carrot flippers.......................Carrot flippers, carrot flippers, carrot, flippers, flippers carrot, carrot flippers, carrot flippers.....1/8" longer than standard flipper.....carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, flippers. Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer. oh yes, carrot flippers.Carrot flippers......>Carrot flippers.......................Carrot flippers, carrot flippers, carrot, flippers, flippers carrot, carrot flippers, carrot flippers.....1/8" longer than standard flipper.....carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, flippers. Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer. oh yes, carrot flippers.Carrot flippers......>Carrot flippers.......................Carrot flippers, carrot flippers, carrot, flippers, flippers carrot, carrot flippers, carrot flippers.....1/8" longer than standard flipper.....carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, flippers. Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer. oh yes, carrot flippers.Carrot flippers......>Carrot flippers.......................Carrot flippers, carrot flippers, carrot, flippers, flippers carrot, carrot flippers, carrot flippers.....1/8" longer than standard flipper.....carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, flippers. Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer. oh yes, carrot flippers.Carrot flippers......>Carrot flippers.......................Carrot flippers, carrot flippers, carrot, flippers, flippers carrot, carrot flippers, carrot flippers.....1/8" longer than standard flipper.....carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, flippers. Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer. oh yes, carrot flippers.Carrot flippers......>Carrot flippers.......................Carrot flippers, carrot flippers, carrot, flippers, flippers carrot, carrot flippers, carrot flippers.....1/8" longer than standard flipper.....carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, flippers. Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer. oh yes, carrot flippers.

carrot_flipper_white_(resized).jpgcarrot_flipper_white_(resized).jpg

#744 7 years ago

that PKE reflection plastic is stock on ghostbusters. It's on all of them.

Btw, those carrot flippers. I think people would still bitch the flipper gap is too wide even with those.

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

He said it himself yesterday, first 5 minutes of interview, he added , " ya , I was a bad boy "
Anyway, where can we get the longer carrot flippers ?

I think marco has them. Google ribbed flipper bats, and bunch of stuff will come up. They have them in yellow, white, black, blue and orange.

#767 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks Neo
I would also like to know if standard rubbers will work in the longer flipper .

regular rubber works fine on them. I don't know about superbands or titans. I refuse to use them on my games.

#768 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do the ribbed bats use the standard 1/2 inch wide rubbers?

and they use standard width rubber.

1 week later
#825 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes I did, very easy. When you take off the old molding make sure the channel is clean, pay attention to where the old molding is notched and use a rubber hammer to tap it in as you go.

i'd think that would be blinding and have a lot of glare off the glass. I usually do my best to reduce the light coming from the backbox in every way possible.

#827 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

On the lowest brightness setting it's not a problem at all, the tl reflection on the glass is what's REALLY bad on this game. The reflection of the lit T molding is way off to the sides on the glass, where the black of the cab sides are so it's not on the pf at all. Will PDI glass get rid of the tl reflection on the glass?

no, PDI glass doesn't really get rid of any glare. It reduces it, but you still have about 30% still there. To reduce backbox glare. I use the LED backbox panels and have the whites on the adjustable section. So I can lower the brightness of the backbox. Then I reduce it about 80%. most people can't even tell that it's that low, and the backbox glare is almost gone. Even on transformers, which usually has a dark playfield and terrible translite glare.

#834 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Standard adjustment # 65 allows you to set the % of bb brightness. I agree it would be nice for the game start to auto dim the bb leds.

wow it's actually built in. Good job stern.

1 week later
#916 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've had mine for a little over a month and love it and am having a great time blinging it out. It's not going anywhere.

back in the day, people would say they had a great time PLAYING a game. Now when blinging it out or the first thoughts become (what crap can I stick in here) before even getting it home. there is something to be said for this new generation of collectors.

#920 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The Mod Haters are out in full force! Ha.

it's not about hating mods. I have some tasteful mods on my games. But when the first thing that goes through your mind when buying a game is what mods you can do. Your priorities are out of order. Usually mods come months or years after you own the game, and you want to spruce something up. After you are bored with it.

#929 7 years ago

that's fine. Just seems a lot of times, mods becomes more priority than the game itself in many aspects.

#942 7 years ago

Wow, $300 and you had to supply the metal as well? They should be happy with your business because they are charging enough. contact paul at virtruapin.net. He offers powdercoating with the hardware included for a much more reasonable price.

#965 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They charged me $100 for blasting and $200 for coating. It really pissed me off cuz I've done business with them on 4 jobs and never a problem until now. I'll take my business elsewhere no problem. I like to keep it local cuz I can see any problems when I pick up.

try paul, i think you will be happy. I paid around $350 for a 9 piece batman forever set, and that was with hardware included.

#1039 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

booyah. Congrats. An LE # that means something.

what exactly does a low number mean in the pinball world? besides more chances for things to be wrong?

#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Did you just enter the pinball world? Le numbered plaques are not screwed on in order of production. It's just luck how they come out. Number doesn't mean it was the second game on the line. But it's cool to land that number. More power to him.

just saying. Pinball is completely the opposite of other collector worlds. In pinball, you never want the first one off the line. first one means you get all the problems they didn't figure out until later.

#1063 7 years ago

usually I like to see pins come FROM Italy Man, would I love to have a NIB zaccaria.

2 years later
1 year later
#7682 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I'm a new member. Just got a GB Premium. Has lots of mods including real knocker; shaker; side blades. I added voodoo glass which you can "see" in the pictures.
My first question. I finally started one of the multi-balls (Station facility) and noticed the strobe-like flashing of all the lights. It was almost overload for me. I don't know if this is normal, if I can adjust this, or maybe the previous owner changed the bulbs.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why does your game look so dark and mushy? What the hell happened to it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.