IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bmanpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8908 3 years ago

I got one! A very nice #69! Woohoo! Color DMD going in! Just need to find the topper now.

E5EF27C0-68AA-42FA-A136-8DD78CBC63B4 (resized).jpegE5EF27C0-68AA-42FA-A136-8DD78CBC63B4 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#9147 3 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Just replaced my rubbers a month ago and one already broke and a lot of them are cracking real bad also. I replaced them with the standard black ones. So what the best rubber to use and where to get them so this won't happen so fast again
Thanks
[quoted image]

I get everything form Titan.

https://www.titanpinball.com/

1 month later
#9232 3 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

I bought one from Marco, though it looks like they're out of stock now.

Pretty sure they are out for good. I have had the same issue finding one and keep checking but they haven't had any for at least 6 months or so.

3 months later
#9411 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Just picked up a GB premium the other day. I remember playing it when it first came out and really liking it. I completely understand what everyone is getting at with the magna slings, flipper gap and crazy outlane drains. However, my wife (who usually doesn't play pinball) has easily put 50 games on it since it got here on Monday. While the shot layout might be pretty tight with the ramps, I find it easier than, say, ACNC.
Love the artwork, love the unique layout. I can have one game be 4 million and the next be 2 billion. It kicks my ass, but I think it'll be around for a while. I think guests will absolutely love the theme.

Agree, it's usually the first one they go for in my collection with the exception of Star Wars. Depends on age but GB and SW span a pretty large number of years for being recognized themes.

#9421 2 years ago

It's true this man has no dick. He does have a hell of a flipper gap though. I love this game because it's unpredictable and continues to kick my fucking ass.

2 weeks later
#9537 2 years ago

My Ecto topper just stopped working. I reseated all connections and still nothing. Any ideas? Could it be the topper itself? It seems everything else on the game is working.

#9541 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

See that it turned on in settings
Worst case could be node board

so I checked and it looks like I don't have any bad node boards I don't see the topper anywhere in the adjustments or the utilities menu and I don't ever recall shutting it off as it was working. strange!

1 week later
#9596 2 years ago

I'm throwing this out there again. Checked and double checked my connections for my ecto topper and it just decided to up and quit flashing one day. I went out of my way to get this one so it's a bit frustrating. Game functions normally with no node board errors and it looks like there is a board in the topper that is getting power or so it seems. Anyone have any ideas?

2 weeks later
#9664 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I just rejoined the club. The theme is just too strong for me and revisiting it, it really is so loaded for a stern.
I see some guys are printing firehouse replacements? Are they for sale as I would be interested. Also any other cool mods that are new that would be cool?

Mezel has some cool shit, firehouse mod etc.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-firehouse

#9681 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello everyone - hopefully an easy question. My GB premium doesn't save the date and time after the power cycles. Everything else works as it should (I believe). Is this an easy fix or a more complex node board issue?

Could be the battery?

#9683 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I didn't realize it had a battery (figured NVRAM), then that makes more sense. I'll take a look thanks.

Yep it's one of those circle batteries I think a CR2032 or something I can't remember the number.

#9684 2 years ago

Now if somebody could help me with my nonworking topper issue that would be fabulous. I have a very expensive piece of plastic on top that doesn't flash anymore. Pin works great and the topper is getting power it just stopped working one day and if I had to guess it's probably the board inside of the topper but no idea where to get one of those. According to Stern they don't sell them direct.

E48C24A0-C8BC-4A8C-8C1D-0F647CA27DB7 (resized).jpegE48C24A0-C8BC-4A8C-8C1D-0F647CA27DB7 (resized).jpeg
#9694 2 years ago

So I posted a while ago about my Ecto-1 topper not working. Well I fixed it no thanks to any of you...kidding! It turns out it was just a bad board inside of the topper. If this ever happens to anybody else for whatever reason it's node board 10 and available at Marco. It's actually a Spike 2 board but with the flip of a dip switch it gets recognized. Hey I couldn't let a $3000 fisher price topper decline in value right?

#9698 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Wow, maybe we can create interactive toppers using the board you bought, the flasher/RGB node control board and some stern flashers?
And here I was thinking these things were unobtanium.
Is this the 16 LED serial board that controls the lights in the topper? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-6831-01
Between those two, it seems we could remake or create a new interactive topper.
I'll take the plunge and order the parts if you can confirm the reference/part number (520-6831-01).

That is the one! 520-6831-01

#9729 2 years ago

Given my board experience with my faulty topper the dip switches may be it. Try to mimic the old board dip settings and see if that fixes things.

#9757 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Yes. Even the red alarm button.

Will you be selling these?

5 months later
#10744 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Hey fellow Ghostbusters collector's. I have a offer for a deadpool pro and 1k cash for my Ghostbusters pro. Do yall think thats a good trade/ Would yall do it? Bc I have wanted a deadpool forever

Don't do it. I have a DP and GB still wins and is played more by guests. If you ever do turn it loose my guess is if you ever want it back you will pay a premium to reinstate it more so than deadpool.

#10749 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Hey fellow Ghostbusters collector's. I have a offer for a deadpool pro and 1k cash for my Ghostbusters pro. Do yall think thats a good trade/ Would yall do it? Bc I have wanted a deadpool forever

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#11030 1 year ago

If anyone wants to sell theirs to me, I'm willing to pay 525.00.

#11032 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I just ordered this and a Stern rod from Pinball Life.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/U59WLKVU4/shooter-rod-knob-gb-coloured
Should be similar if not better!

I found an original! Thanks all!!

#11037 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

If anyone simply must have the original Stern marshmallow shooter, who am I to stop you from achieving your dreams?
PM me.

I've already achieved mine but there must be more motivated folks out there!

1 week later
#11057 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not so fast Max! I acquired one as well

14F60374-AC01-4B08-9D59-63BC13A3546D (resized).jpeg14F60374-AC01-4B08-9D59-63BC13A3546D (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#11662 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Karl_Hungus @mezelmods
Karl beat me to some pics of moving Stay Puft.
I do have a few tips for installing Stay Puft V2 2023 by Mezel Mods, but mainly that directions by Mezel should be more clear.
I have a Ghostbusters Premium and I question if directions are an under playfield of Ghostbusters Pro for install??
Below are images in Mezels directions:
[quoted image][quoted image]
Note the large bare area of wood and no question where should install red box Mezel Mods Game/Timer, however below is my under playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image]
I have a large node board of sorts in the whole area and red box does not fit anywhere around there. I ended up putting electrical tape to shield/protect back of red box exposed green circuit board followed by zip tying red box to bundle of wires securely, which I think works, but I hope instructions can be updated with ideal install or alternate install position for Ghostbusters Premium (again I suspect images by Mezel are of Pro although have not seen one underneath).
Important regarding the "Hinge and Servo guides" --please have directions be more clear what these are. I did figure out to remove guide from hinge as pictures of Stay Puft attached show this removed.
However the servo guide was more confusing and I discovered shortly after Stay Puft only went to his right and not all the way to his left. I don't think any damage was done as seems to work perfectly. I did cut the zip tie beforehand, but didn't realize large plastic there by servo had to be removed.
Please update instructions for Ghostbusters premium install and being more clear what the "GUIDES ARE" and "WHAT THE GUIDES LOOK LIKE TO REMOVE"
Below is picture of these guides to help anyone in the mean time:
[quoted image]
But before I forget, this is an AWESOME MOD. If I figure out how to put video on Pinside, I will post it!

I had the same issues on my LE. That picture is definitely of a pro on the underside and there was no place for the game timer (red box). +1 for more clearer instructions but it all worked in the end.

2 months later
#11858 10 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

Flat Iron Building turned up today and I am happy with it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great, where do i sign up?

#11860 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's PFC. But it does not look like it will work on my Premium.

Oh yes, forgot to ask is this limited to Pro only?

#11887 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Picked an le with topper. Did John the designer sign all the le playfields here?
[quoted image]

Mine is the same.

5 months later
#12163 5 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

oh nice, love a new ghostbusters movie

Same! Love it when a franchise stays relevant and spans generations!

3 months later
#12314 75 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

Finished 7 ordered Flat Iron (Prem / LE version) so will be in touch with those people soon, and I will start painting the next 8 over the weekend and will be finished in about 4-5 days so if anyone wants one just yell out.
I have a few people buying the Prem / LE version even though thought they have a Pro as they plan to upgrade down the track - this version fits any game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please put me on the list for one of these for an LE

1 month later
#12404 28 days ago

Anyone see the new movie yet? Is it worth my time? Thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bmanpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Bmanpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.