IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 years ago

Pro ordered.

#116 8 years ago

I just placed a deposit for a Pro and it is expected to ship by early next week and be at my home on or before next Friday May 6.

1 week later
#230 7 years ago

Me too...picking mine up at freight terminal tomorrow afternoon.

#240 7 years ago

Picked up my PRO today !! Ordered last Tuesday April 26th from Cointaker and was shipped from Stern on Wednesday May 4th. Arrived in Cincinnati yesterday and could have been home delivered today, but since I could not be home to meet the driver, I just went to the local terminal. Build date was April 3 (a Sunday ??) but shipped with the latest 1.04 code !!

Out of the box, I had a problem. When flipping the right flipper, it would kill both flippers and the lower GI for 2 seconds then come back on. Stern tech support had just closed for the day so I starting searching the forums for this problem. I tried a factory reset but that did nothing. Saw others talk about node board issues. Thoughts of not playing the game for weeks raced through my mind. Turned out to be a bad LED bulb in the GI below the right flipper. Changed it out and game played flawless.

So far, a few airballs and only one inlane jumps to the outlane. Have already added speaker lights, speaker grill acrylics, lit flipper buttons, pin-vol external volume control, under cabinet LED lighting, glow balls for the captives, green superbands and have started replacing the UGLY black rubber with translucent silicone. Hooked up a Polk powered sub and this game ROCKS. Great callouts from the movie too.

PS The original Ghostbusters movie is being released nationwide for it's 32nd anniversary on Wed June 8. Bought tickets today for the Encore showing on Sunday June 12.

IMG_5404_(resized).JPGIMG_5404_(resized).JPG

IMG_0321_(resized).JPGIMG_0321_(resized).JPG

IMG_0314_(resized).JPGIMG_0314_(resized).JPG

IMG_0312_(resized).JPGIMG_0312_(resized).JPG

#241 7 years ago

Oh, forgot to mention...It has the "Reinforcment" mis-spelling.

#266 7 years ago

Consider yourself lucky...I started my quest Saturday and hit 5 local Walmarts and only found 1 each of Ray, Peter and Egon. Since I travel for work, I tried one in Louisville, KY early Monday with no luck. Monday night, tried 4 in Nashville with no luck. Last night I hit 7 more in Nashville and FINALLY found one Winston. I bought everything else I found which was 2 more Ray's, and 1 each of Peter and Egon. There are 3 more Walmarts in Nashville that I will try to night to find atleast one more Winston.

Yes, this is nuts. Yes, I must be a nerd.

I got my Winston/Ghost head toy today at Walmart. Had to go to four Walmarts to find one. The only other one I saw was a Ray all by itself.

#296 7 years ago

I hold the record... 15 Walmarts in 3 different major cities over 4 days to fine ONE Winston.

#302 7 years ago

Holy crap. Double the retail price. I work out of town so I have nothing better to do with my evenings than run around toy aisles at 11:00 at night.

#305 7 years ago

Thanks for the code tips on the mini's...I noticed them at several stores but was afraid to blindly buy to get the few I'd want. Now I just have to remember WHICH Walmart store had them

#326 7 years ago

Well, here is $ 24 of wasted money on Ecto Mini's to go along with the 6" "action figures" I now seem to be collecting to get the glow in the dark ghost head.

IMG_0449_(resized).JPGIMG_0449_(resized).JPG

#436 7 years ago

10 characters.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

We discovered last night, if the game is sitting in attract mode at midnight, it will do the clock gong sounds 12 times, and if you start a game within that minute, you can still play midnight madness mode!

In attract mode, the game will gong once for each hour, on the hour.

#526 7 years ago

When I was working on changing the black rubber to clear silicone and other lighting mods, I would constantly hit the flipper button to hear the next quote from the two movies. There are a TON of callouts in the code and looking forward to hearing them in game play.

#562 7 years ago

I'm in for the Yeti art blades.

#565 7 years ago

I'm trying to figure out where Kermit24 got that picture. I see no updates on the Stern website or FB.

#576 7 years ago

I agree that the proton rails blow. If I had the coin, I would do a full on chrome version. Maybe I am looking at the wrong webpage, but is would be over $ 1500 to do legs, armor and coin door.

#589 7 years ago

MustangPaul that slimer looks cool. How big is it? Where did you find it?

The idea of an actual light bar sounds cool but their size would be out of scale with backbox. Maybe someone has a good idea on how to chop one down if you could source some older vintage ones.

#592 7 years ago

Thanks for the mypartyshirt tip. I took the plunge on both Slimer and the GB logo since it was only showing a few left of each.

#597 7 years ago

So, when your wife is an artist, anything is a canvas. Everybody is painting American flags on wood pallets so here is a twist on the ole' Red White and Blue. Perfect use for the wood pallet from my GB Pro.

IMG_0993_(resized).JPGIMG_0993_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#693 7 years ago

Not in front of it but mine has a cabinet sticker of 4-3-16, shipped 5-4-16 and is misspelled.

#707 7 years ago

Come on Stern, ship my Yeti blades too !

#712 7 years ago

I believe the pinsider in France that did the chrome package installed mirror blades. Lots of pics were taken and even did a few youtubes.

2 weeks later
#832 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But this is a Spike game with those killer bright leds in the bb. Is there a menu setting to turn them down?

Standard adjustment # 65 allows you to set the % of bb brightness. I agree it would be nice for the game start to auto dim the bb leds.

#878 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh mannnnnnnnnn.

Put it in now with the SIGMA code and you can make it green

#891 7 years ago

Or just buy it now and at least do mono-chrome in Spike now to get rid of the crappy red. If ColorDMD hardware has to be changed in the future to support future Spike full color, the display could always be used in a non-Spike game.

The ColorDMD display I bought last fall for Flintstones works in my GB in mono-chrome (GREEN) with just replacing the red Stern lens, adding the stand-offs, buying the SAM power cord and downloading the SIGMA ROM (all from ColorDMD) and plugging into a 5v/12v power accessory board from PBL.

1 week later
#972 7 years ago

Last time I talked to Melissa they only had red and white. I wanted to try a purple or blue under the large insert between the pops on GB.

1 week later
#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Who is supplying the speaker grills? I don't want to over mod my game but I like the look of both those and the art blades.

Yeah, they are design accent acrylics. I bought a pair for my wife to wear as earrings but they hurt her ears so I put them on my PRO.

3 weeks later
#1391 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's a pretty fugly fix...

I agree it looks ugly. Seems like it has a full bottom section and covers a lot of pf art. Restricts light from the GI led too. Guess a thicker wire is too difficult or would require reaming pf holes.

1 month later
#1631 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

No, that's why I said I'd post how it works out, left side looks exactly the same dimentions I'll probably just have to drill a few holes in the plastic and rivet the model to it, my only concern is that it will cover segoneys head on the bottom of the plastic and look funny so may swap to the le plastic eventually - I'll post how it goes for those interested.

I'm in. Just bought a library building.

5 months later
#2162 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Ok premium / le owners... I just played 1 game - beat who let the dog out, then was shooting for the left orbit - OMG - hit the 2x standup & the ball flew all the way back over the flippers and drained, went for it again, hit the 2x again - this time the ball flew diagonally across the playfield over the right slings & drained. Third ball shooting for the big ramp - hit the ramp and the ball jumped and smacked the glass - this game is possessed! I've got Arts ball hop protector ordered, but do the flippers need to be turned down? I'm afraid to play it

hahaha.....just wait til you get the scare !!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=Ballypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.