IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ArcadiusMaximus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4667 6 years ago

Just joined the club this weekend ! Loving the game so far. That gap ain't no joke . Anyways Im switching back to the original flippers from carrots. How should I be aligning them so that all shots are hittable? Thanks.

#4669 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Mine came from the factory build date october 2017 and were a tiny bit droopy (a lot less droopy than the initial build)

I settled on aligning the tip of the bat with the hole in the field. Seems to be shooting pretty well. Thanks !

2 weeks later
#4708 6 years ago

When I first picked up GB that gap was something fierce. Now I hardly notice it. GB definitely rewards carefully placed shots and absolutely punishes quick flipping and misjudgements. Control and patience is everything IMO.

#4711 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I was thinking that a good way to solve the SDTM problem on GB is to turn the magna-slings into magna- save Would there be anyway,through software, to activate the magnaslings on demand? possible a double tap of either flipper button?...I imagine that this is probably not possible without a hardware reconfig.....but it would be an interesting mod, if nothing else.

You could add a second set of flipper buttons similar to shadow to control the mag pulse. I wouldn't tie it into the main flippers because the slings would activate with every flip instead of just the time you wanted to make a save.

#4715 6 years ago

Rig it up to look like a trap pedal under the cab

#4719 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I just had my best game this afternoon on my GB Prem, and this is exactly what I was thinking of the game. To put it simply, control rules....and don't miss!!

If you think about it it's pretty much the exact antithesis of the movie

#4742 6 years ago

Yea that label is upside down. As for the hole in the Empire State Building, that's what we refer to in the biz as "broken"

2 months later
#4899 5 years ago

I installed the new metal brackets from Swinks about a month ago. Still getting some massive air balls
Most noteable an air ball off the left stand up that sent the ball into the bottom apron and down the drain.

I'm wondering if it's a combination of bracket pitch AND face angle towards the flippers that's causing these airballs. I've honestly never seen anything like it.

Not by my machine ATM but is it possible to adjust flipper strength too? Those of you with the new bracket and no airballs, have you done this?

#4907 5 years ago

Thanks Swinks, will try this weekend and report back !

#4908 5 years ago

In regards to code, I'd be happy if the no ghost logo on the Ecto-1 one animations was facing the right way . It drives me bonkers...

#4915 5 years ago

Should be able to rig a one way gate at the opening to divert the ball back into the pops. Been meaning to try that.

4 months later
#5343 5 years ago

Would be nice to see the code update on or before Halloween

#5367 5 years ago

Just watched a video of the color lcd. Looks great! I'm on the fence about one if not too much trouble, would some one mind posting a few pics of the screen in the different modes?

P.s.
Holy crap did they actually fix the backwards no ghost logo on the ecto 1??

4 months later
#5790 5 years ago

I was thinking about picking up a spare node board just as a just in case. Node 8, which seems to fail the most, is listed as p/n 520-6985-72. Apparently this part has been superseded by p/n 520-7017-72. Can someone confirm this to be true? Thanks !

#5792 5 years ago

Thanks swinks exactly what I needed !

#5795 5 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

On an average 3 ball game, I lose 2 balls from the ball exiting the right side of the pop bumpers and not getting held up by that wire gate. Ball goes straight down the middle. No chance in hell of saving it.
I'm going to get a piece of piano wire and try to make my own gate that is slightly wider. As you mentioned, it's very annoying!

Had the same problem. The wire gate has a tab that sets it's position. If you rotate the gate so the tab disengages, it helps direct the ball to the right ball guide to avoid center drains.

#5797 5 years ago

If anyone is interested, Pinball Life has replacement node 8 boards in stock for only $162.00. cheapest I've seen them. Picked one just in case.

2 months later
#6042 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Seeking a GB topper
Anyone still offer them ?
Message me
Thank you

Can't believe these just fell off the face of the earth. At $500 sales couldn't have been great. There has to be a warehouse full of these somewhere...

*EDIT* Think I found the warehouse.

raiderslastscene-teaser (resized).jpgraiderslastscene-teaser (resized).jpg

#6050 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

When I was looking for a Topper I had a hard time as well
A pinsider gave me an inside scoop of one for sale that was on a shelf
It was from Hemisphere Amusements
Not sure if I got their last one
Yes 500$ was ouch but stung for a minute when I smiled at it light up
I love the game and the topper is awesome
CODE !!!
CODE !!!

So that being said, had anyone reverse engineered this thing? It's just a node board with some LEDs right? Couldn't one theoretically be built?

1 month later
#6320 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

music city pinball seems to have the topper available...........$499.00
https://musiccitypinball.net/product/ghostbusters-topper/

Holy S*** THANK YOU SO MUCH ! I have been calling distributors left and right to find one over the last month (cue the White Snake). I think I just set a land speed record for placing an order online . Crossing fingers ( and streams) the order processes and ships.

Quoted from dnaman:

That is the Stern one. I was trying to determine if anyone has been thinking about a DIY approach to this. More pics of this one, from all sides along with wiring harness etc... would be a good reference. Interested in other people's thoughts on that.
$500 USD = $669 CDN + tax, comes to $756 + shipping etc... That's a lot a coin for an okay topper.

Take it from me, don't think just buy or you'll find yourself searching through the Internets trying to track one down. You can sell the kidney later...you have 2 of those.

#6385 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I call BS
If Dwight really cares then he would've had the code for GB completed over a year ago.
He'll only work on it when and if he's paid to do so.

Wow, you mean like a job? What is it the Joker said again..?

#6390 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

pride in your work and current effort in a project can mean more than a job to some.

He seems pretty proud of the work he did in the allotted time provided for the project. Curious what your measure of effort is based on.

#6397 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

It's not a matter of what is allotted if like your job. If you know the job you have done is not finished but the clock has stopped, well if that's ok to call it quits in your opinion then I know who I'm dealing with. You must clock on clock off for a living, I'm on salary. I'm sure Lyman didn't get paid extra for the last few updates. Maybe he did them because he played his product and listened to the public and realised it needed some tweeking. Or maybe he should have said, "I never promised a wizard mode" and should have omitted EOL from the code. Hell you would have, wouldn't you? I think Dwight should have stopped at 1.00 isn't that his major aim with titles after gb. Very inspiring stuff.

I am salary as well and often find it hard to "clock out", but I aware there are people who can leave work at the end of the day and completely turn that part of their brain off. Others can't.

2 months later
#6880 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I think the animations are backwards too. 1 locked ball shows 2 traps and 2 locked balls shows 1 trap.

Also the logo on the Ecto 1 is backwards on the display.

#6905 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Or a cool vault edition. I really think they let production die on Ghostbusters. Which is odd, because they had a recent practice of announcing last runs. And for Ghostbusters they just took it off their page quietly.
Which again... Seems odd because GB is supposed to be one of sterns better selling titles...
Personally I love this game. Its number 3 on my get list. Looking for Elvira 3 for my next one, but if it sucks... Won't be getting it. Then I want an AFM... And then finally hoping to get my Ghostbusters.
So the whole demand from new code might be fizzled out by the time I have the money for it.

My guess would be the whole mess with Trudeau is why GB has been treated the way it has.

1 week later
#6992 4 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

It does, and it seems it works as a node, receiving certain commands from the game during certain modes / events.
Since they don’t seem to be in production, and are very expensive, it would be cool to see if one could be replicated by understanding which node board is used, which node number, even reverse engineering specific commands?

Seriously, can someone take theirs apart and list the boards/ parts inside already? It has to be an already available node board that we can purchase and just wire some LEDs to it.

#7017 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What does that supposed to mean?

It alludes to a total rework of the code not just features or bug fixes. Either way I'm excited this pin is getting some love and attention again.

2 weeks later
#7414 4 years ago

Align the flippers so that every shot can be made. Mine are slightly lower than inline with in lanes and evey shot is possible. YMMV.

#7449 4 years ago

Those of you with issues, are you trying a quick or full update?

9 months later
#8486 3 years ago

Shared this in the GB topper thread but thought it may interest some people here as well...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-make-some-new-ghostbusters-ecto-1-topper/page/2#post-5768328

#8488 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What am I looking at here?

DIY light bar topper that functions the same as the factory one.

7 months later
#9195 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I designed these to help prevent the guide hops that plague GBs. They were manufactured by Cliff Rinear out of brushed stainless and look factory IMO. [quoted image]

Order these last week and got them today. Super easy to install and already stopped a wild ball from rail hopping. Thanks !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 26.50
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ArcadiusMaximus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=ArcadiusMaximus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.