IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ArcadeBar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7588 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

I bought the PKE Mirror Mod a month ago but I'm a total newb so I've been a little scared of the instructions saying to unscrew the back of the playing field from the top / botttom and disconnect everything etc... Anybody have any luck screwing that thing in an easier way or do I just have to face my fears? Thanks G

Go to the hardware store and get this $10 mini ratchet (comes with a bunch of different bits so its handy for other projects). It takes a few minutes to figure out how to stretch your fingers in those tight areas but its just two screws and swap out the new mirror and you're done. No need to take the whole backboard off etc...

IMG_5494 (resized).jpgIMG_5494 (resized).jpg
#7638 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Thanks for the tip! So something like this? amazon.com link »

Yep that’s it, get the ratchet set and hold it in place with the tip of one finger and just slowly ratchet it out with the other hand. It’s tight quarters but this does the trick and you don’t have to worry with taking your backboard apart!

2 weeks later
#7688 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It looks good but how it is going to handle airballs? I have one of the book stack mods and it gets hammered by them.

Airball protector on that left ramp side and flippers set to soft and haven't had a single airball. I have the colored book stack mod from ModFather and it’s never been hit once.

1 week later
#7719 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the Cliffy scoop protectors for Librarian and SF scoops? I’m going to install them this wk on my GBprem and just wondering how much playfield has to be pulled off to get to these guys? Thanks for any advise!

#7729 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yours didnt come with protectors already??

Yes it came with factory ‘copycat Cliffys’ but they are thin/cheap and both have buckled just enough to throw the trajectory of the ball off to send it down the drain randomly.
So does anyone have any experience with putting the Cliffys on GBprem scoops? Or is everyone busy over on the SW Topper posts lol.....THX for any help!

#7734 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont really think it makes sense for the playfield protectors to be causing your ball to be off trajectory. The VUK's launch the ball upward hitting the scoop and out, not touching the playfield protector. At least thats how I have thought it works and why they have those "scoops" there..

It has nothing to do with the vuk’s, the factory metal playfield protectors are thin and have slightly buckled/warped so when the ball comes around the orbit the metal is not flush with the playfield and thus the ball direction gets altered.
Anyway, again I’m just asking if anyone that has changed theirs out with Cliffy’s could chime in with any pointers. THX

4 months later
#8196 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Question for those here that have mods installed with alligator clips, etc on GB. I bought a small Ecto car mod (hot wheels car) a few weeks back that has flashing blue lights. It has alligator clips which are supposed to attach to any GI socket under the playfield so the led flashers are always on. I’ve talked with the guy that made the mod several times but for some reason,[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s def strange, I have a little ecto1 like it that came with alligators and I attached it to the red circle PF insert that’s under the spinner so the car lights up/flashes with the spinner. It’s been a while but I remember having to use an exacto knife to cut back the shrink wrap on many stern lights to be able to get a solid connection when soldering and even when using some alligators.

2 months later
#8390 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know if someone still sells the ghost trap mod pictured below?
[quoted image]

I got one of these about 7months ago, might not be the same one but it’s great, I think he makes them upon order.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00603-ghost-trap-mod-by-yoyokopter

5 months later
#8923 3 years ago

Ok here's a short clip of my 1 and a half year old playing GB, she's been doing this for a couple months but I finally got sum vid (she can't resist the urge to add more players as she changes flippers), and if you don't dance like this when the game over music comes on then you're not doing it right!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ArcadeBar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=ArcadeBar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.