IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ABE_FLIPS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6856 4 years ago

Due to my lack of pinball skills and high ball drain i tried the following methods:

aligning the flippers with th laneguide - angles felt a little weird and the cradle was too easy.
adding a center post - felt like a random, cheap save, like a crutch.
carrot flippers with the original, later factory flipper angle (slightly droopy) works well. still a hard game, but makes much more fun. Exactly what i was looking for.

This is highly individual so you shoud try out until you are happy. The game costs alot, so make the best out of it.

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Hi all! Question: I've bought my GBPro from a friend, and it already hat LEDs in it. Do they come factory shipped with LEDs? If yes, is there something like LEDOCD built in to smooth the flicker? Or is GB designed for LEDs?
I'm just wondering because yesterday I put LEDOCD into my LAH, and it makes a HUGE difference! The GB though does give me headaches because of the aggressive lighting.
Oliver

If your friend did install additional LEDs, this can cause some slight flickering, especially when slimer mode is on.
It seems this mode needs more power.
Additional LEDs could be installed here:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-scoop-led-premium-river-of-slime
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-scoop
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pro-storage-facility-illumination
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-trough-lighting-kit?_pos=1&_sid=f64a29d84&_ss=r&variant=20613243460

For the aggressive lighting, you can adjust the flash effect strengh in the menu.
Playing in the dark makes lighting also aggressive, make sure to find the right ambient light for your taste.

cheers

#6919 4 years ago

Did anyone change the color of LEDs on the playfield? I changed the white slingshot LEDs to blue and it looks great.
I wonder what else i can do for nice light effects. Any pics?

1 week later
#6982 4 years ago

Sorry, can anyone explain the hype please? I`m not into the scene and this is my first real pinball game.
I really like the game so far and now it will get even better?
I dont understand how this update can generate so much hype and even influence the market.
Is this the case with every game or just with games with a "shitty" code?
Can it have such a big impact on the funfactor?
Is there a live feed i can follow?

Alot of questions

#7003 4 years ago
Quoted from Lancelin2k14:

Where can we watch the stream? Sorry, new to this.

I think this is the right link:
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#7099 4 years ago

Are we getting new instruction cards for free from stern?

#7135 4 years ago

Am i the only one who thinks that the GB topper looks like a toy?
The plastics surrounding the blue lights should be transparent to look real.
Did they try to diffuse the harsh lights to be less distractive? A real blue light would be cool!

yzfguy

timecode @ 1:40:50
its the last shot from "He slimed me mode".

#7144 4 years ago

look what i found

now i know why its no transparent glass on the topper
but i checked out the movie again, it looks toyish there too.
759_291655235 (resized).jpg759_291655235 (resized).jpg

#7149 4 years ago
Quoted from StavrosMilos:

Hi all! Having some trouble with my new-to-me GB Pro(First pin). Has anyone else had issues with the Left Ramp Diverter not working? When I do a coil test it doesn't do anything at all. I've read that there is a screw that needs to be tightened according to this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-the-ghostbusters-ramp-diverter
but I'm having trouble finding it.
When I do find it, and if it still doesn't fix the problem, would I change out the minicoil? Or something else? Any help would be awesome, given I've been a pinball owner for a whole 2 weeks lol! Thanks!

Caution when testing the gate too much, the coil gets very hot easily.
The coil works as a magnet, if its not pulling the gate you can try decrease the distance with the screw.
In the image you can see how i adjusted it. it stands out a littlebit into the ramp, but not too much.
Just so that it wont influence the path off the ball too much, but enough to make the magnet work.
To help that, i overstretched the spring a tiny bit (caution).

20190923_101834 (resized).jpg20190923_101834 (resized).jpg20190923_101901 (resized).jpg20190923_101901 (resized).jpg
#7164 4 years ago

I bought this game and the carrot flippers 2 months ago and i love it.
Its my first pin and i play nearly every day about an hour.
My son loves it too. Sure its hard, but its easy enough to get you hooked.
The new code will make it even more fun for noobs!

#7193 4 years ago

Just had some games with the new code. My first storage multiball went forever and brought me to 2,7 billion. Got about 4 times add a ball... 20x Bonus running. I think the ball save was too heavy, i got bored in multiball and i am just a beginner. at least you cant capture ghosts in SFMB.
My highscore was 1,7 billions on the old code.
The rest felt solid! I love how everything is more clear now.
What about your scores so far?

Cheers

#7234 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

In Feature Adjustments #30, change Ball End Mode Behavior from "last scene continues" to "scene continues." Voila.

what is factory setting here? mine was on "scene continues", i dont get scenes completed when losing a ball,
but in the code reveal video they said its completed when losing a ball.

#7237 4 years ago

thanks alot.

#7272 4 years ago

anyone can explain the extraball mechanics please?
what i found is:

- extraball at 50 ghosts

- Added an adjustment called 2ND SCENE COMPELTE EXTRA BALL. This allows a 2nd
Extra Ball to be awarded for completing scenes. It defaults to PLUS 3,
meaning when the player completes 3 more scenes past the first Extra Ball
awarded they will be awarded with a new lit Extra Ball. (I don not understand this)

- random extraball from Tobins

- random extraball from pop pumpers
===================================

yes, the multiball ball saving is set too forgiving.
WARTBY seems to be too easy, everything you have to do is trying to keep the balls in game, no aiming needed at all.
Maybe its becaus i am using the carrot flippers.

check out the ball saves, this is my 6 year old:

#7303 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

My thoughts after purchasing a GB Pro and playing intensely for a full 24-hours.
-The game attracted my family and neighbors to the game room. Great theme!
-It's like playing football in the Big 12. Very high scoring!
-The storage facility multi-ball with the shaker motor is awesome. Super awesome!
-I agree that it's a completely different style of game. This makes it a very good compliment to my Metallica Pro.
-I made a few of the adjustments suggested in the club. I moved the left/right posts and also reduced the flipper/kicker speed. I adjusted the scene continuation before we played the first game. That didn't seem right to me. All the suggestions worked great!
-Lighting, sounds and music are great. A shaker is a must for this one!
-The right ramp is TOUGH on the Pro. This does not bother me at all. I feel accomplished when I make it.
-The flipper gap didn't really bother me. Although, it was tough compared to the other machines I have played. I kept trying to hold my ball with the flipper, which caused many drains due to the short flippers. I just need to train myself not to do it! I think I'm going to get the center post simply for my daughter. My boys do not want me to get it but I really want her to like the game. I'm not sure if post or the longer flippers are a better option. She loves the movie so I want her to love the game.
-The one thing that does slightly annoy me is that I can't see the skill shot letters. I have to stand on my toes!
-Did I mention the storage facility multi-ball is awesome?
Overall, I give this machine a B+/A- rating. I'm super glad I made the purchase.

i like the carrot flippers better than the center post, since it feels less random but still helps, and you boys wouldnt be complaining xD
there is a slightly reflective shield back there at the PKE, you can also get the mirror mod for it:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6990-07
depenting on the build date of your machine you may have super droopy flippers you may correct.
there are much little tweaks which help alot on the game.

#7323 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

I bought the PKE Mirror Mod a month ago but I'm a total newb so I've been a little scared of the instructions saying to unscrew the back of the playing field from the top / botttom and disconnect everything etc... Anybody have any luck screwing that thing in an easier way or do I just have to face my fears? Thanks G

I did it without removing... dont do it! the chance is high to damage plastics. later i unscrewed the back wood anyway and thought to my self how dump i was

#7336 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Loving the new code! My only gripe is that when you hit 60 and 80 ghosts collected, you get "locked" into starting Loopin' Supers and PKE Frenzy and can't make any further progress until hitting the left ramp to start those modes. I understand why it was changed - to give these two modes their own moment without running over the rest of the game, but it throws off my flow sometimes when I am focused on completing the mode ladders. It reminds me of how Lightsaber duel in Star Wars locks you out of making any further progress until you get through it.

+1
at least an alternative option would be nice.
the worst is having a good SFMB going on right before Looping Supers and ghost collecting simply stops at 60.
that way you really have to calculate when to start SFMB.
same for PKE frenzy. that means SFMB is unusabel from ~60-100 ghosts??
BUT also before locking in 2 Balls for SFMB it takes some time, mostly i have about 40-60 ghosts at this point
i also often drain from 60-80 ghost because of the required shots.

what also really bothers me is that you can not collect tobins spirit guide during modes.
that double sucks! because at first i have to wait to complete my mode and then i cant
shoot the scoop, because it will also start the librarian mode, which is not always wanted.

please let me know what you think about it!

#7354 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm really digging the new code, but there is one thing I'd like to see changed. It kind of bugs me that at the beginning of the game the "Start Scene" skill shot automatically starts WBTD. I'd rather it be changed to a "Qualify Scenes" skill shot, so you can choose which ladder you want to start on.

if you start a new game, push back the plunger and wait for the ball to come out of the trough and hit it as soon as possible,
there is a high chance the ball wont trigger the switch in front of the plunger. its a different, faster way of doing the "skillshot exploit".
Let the ball rest for 1 sec and choose your skillshot, this way it will not happen. even when choosing HBTD you shouldnt hard plunge,
because you can now additionally get the PKE skillshot. so its a 2 shot skillshot now.
i`m hard plunging anyway because it bores me to wach the ball slowly finding its way through PKE

i also find it strange they didnt fix it... in the presentation video they said they did so and even made a ironic joke about it?

#7366 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Move the skill shot with the flippers dude.

this will be changed in the next patch, Dwights statement

#7370 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

He's removing the ability to select different skill shots?

Dwight from the tiltforums:
"We were able to reproduce it. In the next update it will be harder to do. I agree its not that game breaking even if you pull it off. Skill shot values are now nerfed from V1.16."
"In the next update I will remove the +10% skill shot option and I will reduce the points you get for getting a skill shot from 10 to 5%"

#7412 4 years ago

Anyone have a source showing the actual (2019) intended flipper angle?
I want to go back to original. i allready removed the carrot flippers and made the originals droopy, but i dont know how much exactly.

i started playing pinball 3 months ago with the carrots and the funny thing is, removing the carrots didnt increase the center drain for me.
the droopiness even makes the left target much easier, because the ball somehow wont go crazy so much.

here is my actual flipper angle. you can see the little hole in front of the flipper as orientation.

unbenannt-1 (resized).jpgunbenannt-1 (resized).jpg
#7415 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Align the flippers so that every shot can be made. Mine are slightly lower than inline with in lanes and evey shot is possible. YMMV.

what do you mean by "every shot", backhand the right pke ramp?

Quoted from swinks:

align the centre of the flipper tip with the centre of the small hole is the intended angle, here is a quick sketch...

Thank you, i read alot about this controvers "hole alignment" discussion.
From my research I am think you cant take this rule for each game.
I also see alot of stern games with droopy flippers on pupalar pinball live streams, but maybe im on the wrong track.
I know they corrected the initial very-droopy flippers on GB, also an example against the "hole alignment" theory!?
Do you have any source from stern about this?

#7427 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Lately when Ive been able to smack a real good solid shot up the PKE ramp, its been flying off the back of the ramp into the Stay Puft man. Like all of a sudden it cant take the curve and just keeps going straight and shoots over the top of the ramp at the back.
I have an air ball stopper installed but its not helping. And whats weird is this is a new development, Ive had the game for a while and this only recently started happening.
Anyone know the fix for this?[quoted image]

you should check the screws on the metal plate at the entrance of the ramp and tighten those.
maybe those got lose over the years.

#7459 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Yeah I am not even getting an option to choose. This is really frustrating

try different usb stick. i tried 3 until it worked, another member needed 6 sticks

#7506 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I switched back from the longer flippers...It made the game actually harder because the shot geometry was off that much.....play the game enough and you can sense when the middle drops are going to sink....slight nudge is al it takes.

+1 i made the same experience

1 week later
#7523 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Question on the 1.18 rom
Did mudflaps release it with the sound package update
I haven’t seen anything posted
Any one still running 1.17 ? I am enjoying it very much anything SUPER needing to update or possibly stern dropping another polished final revision ?

a am sure they will do some more bug fixing and adjustment, since there are confirmed bugs by dwight.

#7538 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Getting an ”award tobins guide” from tobins guide gives you the same” awards” At least for the premium. This must be a bug?! Getting “light extra ball” twice is pretty sweet tho . Hah

confirmed

#7563 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

.... My mistake has been always telling her each purchase is the "last one." First it was bubble hockey, than an arcade machine... now this. All within a year. I definitely didn't play it this way but once you start it is hard to stop!

and whats the problem? the money or the space? or you- changing your opinion?
if its the money you can argue "it wont lose its value".

1 week later
#7603 4 years ago

I have a question regarding the nudging on GB.
On other games it makes more sense to me, since the inlanes/ outlanes have rubbers on the top.
Normaly shaking will cause the ball to move outwards, but with the metal rail guide the ball seems
to stick to the metal once it touches it and it will find the way down the outlane.

What is your way to nudge the GB pin? I'm interested in every insight you can give me.

#7607 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

If its sticking, perhaps the balls got magnetized a little?

No, they are not magnetized. It's just the extrem bounce difference in comparison to the rubber material.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never let the ball get past the sling. If you do, you’re nudging too late.

ah thats interesting, im on my way there. I notice how I'm getting better at ball path travel prediction, but this takes hundreds of hours.
even though, with other pins im much more able to prevent ball draining with shaking when the ball went past the sling.

Is there a training method to get better at this specific skill?
I have some routines for shot accuracy which helps alot, but it looks like I'll never be able to prevent those out lane drains.

#7609 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Playing hundreds of hours while specifically concentrating on this helps.

thats not what i wanted to hear
but thank you!

#7617 4 years ago

another mod

here is the construction link
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-containment-unit-upgrade
73ee59770e5c5c39abda21abe33765d38e46788b (resized).jpg73ee59770e5c5c39abda21abe33765d38e46788b (resized).jpg

#7619 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I like that one, bought one myself to mod, but have an LE so there is no direct need. I like when there is not to much detail, since the rest in the machine is also a bit cartoony. I would not make it to realistic, it will just be out of place. With all mods is to look at the machine and see where things can blend in. The best mods are the ones that people think was done by the factory.

Iteresting view. In this case the swinks's red containment unit could fit your needs well, (if painted!).
Personally I enjoy the detailed model and I think its on par with the library of the LE.

#7631 4 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

I never post...so in perspective, this is cool to go next to my premium with caption “Oh shit, there’s something you don’t see everyday”. Great art.[quoted image]

wow looks nice!

1 week later
#7657 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I got the flippers replaced. So easy but huge pain in the butt. LOL. They definitely make a difference.

I did this so many times, since i tested different flipper angles. you just need the right leverage.
I put the long side of an Allen wrench into the screw head and turn it with a plier for the right leverage.
Once you get used to it, its a very fast fix.

#7659 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I had to use pliers for leverage. The left side was a little tough as it was very close to the board. In the end I got it. The carrot flippers are working well. It definitely makes a difference.

I used them too in the beginning. After I learned how to play i swaped them back and it made no difference in difficulty,
but the shots felt easier. I guess it has to do with the angles. You should give it a try after some time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ABE_FLIPS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=ABE_FLIPS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.