IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 250.
#4901 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm with you. First it was after SW was at 1.0, now it's some time this summer. If it is in fact happening in the next 3 months I'm fine with that. I'm hoping that the wait is going to answer the two biggest gripes I hear. No simple (and low value) 2-ball for the newer players to get some thrills, and a better way to start modes if you miss the skill shot. I think a Slimer themed 2-ball MB would be really cool.

There have been MANY great ideas (on this thread) for things that would improve the game but I have a feeling Stern is going to fall short. Half of my gripes are from the DMD limitation and the information - or lack there of - you get while playing. This game would have been so much better with a LCD.

If they take just half the ideas from this thread it would be amazing.

#4902 5 years ago

Looking at how well thought out the recent code updates have been on the newer Stern games (specifically GotG and IM), I have high hopes that they are going to do something substantial. After playing the updated code on those other games I notice a theme where almost everything in the games is fluid and connected in a way that GB isn't.

#4903 5 years ago

I wanna see bug fixes, "Are you a god?" and I'd love to see them make it easier to see opponents scores between balls and during play, so you know where you are in a competitive game. Anything else is icing to me.

#4904 5 years ago

I know when I had no target modification the left target was my larger problem of the 2 giving me some massive airballs so the angle that it sits within the playfield must be contributing to the issue. so for you ArcadiusMaximus try rotating the left target a fraction so the left side drops down a little and test and then rotate up to see it removes the occasional airball.

#4905 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I wanna see bug fixes, "Are you a god?" and I'd love to see them make it easier to see opponents scores between balls and during play, so you know where you are in a competitive game. Anything else is icing to me.

Agreed on that, I barely ever look at my score midgame but it drives me nuts that you can't look at the score before you launch your ball. I guess that's something else I've noticed with the recent code updates for newer games, nothing seems to be missing in a glaring sense. Some obvious things that should be fixed:
Show scores before you launch your ball during skill shot selection and during modes
Fix the weird plunge exploit that gives you a free skillshot and starts the first scene
Properly announce the number of ball locks when locking a ball (this works properly on Premium/LE but it doesn't on Pro)
Make features available at all times(Tobin's is literally a mystery award and it is only available inbetween modes, and you are almost never not in a mode when playing)
Are You a God wizard mode nonexistent(2 years without coding in your game's listed final wizard mode is quite ridiculous)
More audio callouts?(I noticed if you hit the flippers when not in a game the machine plays a *ton* of random quotes from the movies, why are they all in there like that if they aren't being used?)
Make minor features useful(I never bother with things like gear collection or river of slime because they seem worthless, maybe code having gear collected to reduce the number of shots you need in a mode or with enough gear you get a 2-ball when the mode starts to help finish it? Give us a reason to do more than just shoot left captive ball and mode shots. I'd also like to see a change to the ESP card video mode, it's worth way less than the capture one...maybe change it to award mystery awards instead of points for correct guesses?)

Code talk aside, Pro owners have you had an issue with the dip in the back horizontal part of the subway ramp? I've hit some hard shots up the right ramp and they've gone so fast that they fly out the back of that low area in the ramp wall, land in the bumpers, and the shot doesn't give me credit. It has to roll back down the subway ramp after entering from the right ramp in order to give credit so it never gets to that part.

#4906 5 years ago

Send code updates to Stern-thx

#4907 5 years ago

Thanks Swinks, will try this weekend and report back !

#4908 5 years ago

In regards to code, I'd be happy if the no ghost logo on the Ecto-1 one animations was facing the right way . It drives me bonkers...

#4909 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

In regards to code, I'd be happy if the no ghost logo on the Ecto-1 one animations was facing the right way . It drives me bonkers...

Oh, no..... I have never noticed that..... I'm sure I won't be able to un-see it now!

#4910 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Same here! I noticed it day one.

#4911 5 years ago

Anyone know what the hex post to the right of the main ramp on the Prem/LE is for?! Never noticed it until recently, and I bought the game NIB so it couldn't be a mod or anything like that.

GBPost (resized).jpgGBPost (resized).jpg

#4912 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone know what the hex post to the right of the main ramp on the Prem/LE is for?! Never noticed it until recently, and I bought the game NIB so it couldn't be a mod or anything like that.

I think it's to keep the ball from getting stuck in that location between the ramp and the rubber.

#4913 5 years ago

Having an odd issue with my GB Pro.

I light the Storage Facility locks. Sometimes all three at once... sometimes throughout the game.

First ball shot up the left ramp locks properly... diverter works.
Second ball does not... the diverter doesn't pop out. But the Storage Facility lock animation appears on the screen. Ball goes to right inlane.
Third ball up the ramp locks properly... diverter works.

It always happens in the order I just wrote.

On the second ball up the ramp when the diverter doesn't work, the Storage Facility light stays on after the ball comes down to the right inlane and the lock animation ends.

Anyone experience this?

#4914 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

target base replacements to stop the airballs off the multiplier targets
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

Just installed mine today. They do prevent airballs from direct hits, but I can still get airballs from edge hits. So I definitely recommend these, but I still need the plastic cover as well. Still a huge improvement because 90% of the time you get a fast ricochet back.

Now to resolve the issue of STDM from the pops. I remember someone posted that they used a spring from a pen (?) to divert the ball so I need to find that. Magna slings can do it, too. Not sure if I want to go center post.

#4915 5 years ago

Should be able to rig a one way gate at the opening to divert the ball back into the pops. Been meaning to try that.

#4916 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I remember someone posted that they used a spring from a pen (?) to divert the ball so I need to find that.

Please repost if you find it. I can't locate. That would be a huge improvement. Maybe would work for the right orbit too.

#4917 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Please repost if you find it. I can't locate. That would be a huge improvement. Maybe would work for the right orbit too.

I remember it was a spring from a ballpoint pen glued to the airball protector that hangs over that area. I didn't want to ruin the airball protector if I ended up not liking it, so I attempted the spring idea sticking out sideways from the post on the left. Fail. Ordered the centerpost mod from pinball life yesterday.

#4918 5 years ago

Regarding the multiplier standup airballs - Has anyone tried adding a layer of dead drop foam on top of the existing foam, extending it up to cover the metal tab? Seems like this tab could be a major source of rebound energy, and the foam would both damp it and keep the target from angling back as much, thus rebounding the ball with less energy and at a lower angle.

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 7.35.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-26 at 7.35.39 AM (resized).png

#4919 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Regarding the multiplier standup airballs - Has anyone tried adding a layer of dead drop foam on top of the existing foam, extending it up to cover the metal tab? Seems like this tab could be a major source of rebound energy, and the foam would both damp it and keep the target from angling back as much, thus rebounding the ball with less energy and at a lower angle.

yes I did lots of experimenting with that and explained on the gb issue thread but summary here:
experiment 1 - just the extra foam - did reduce the energy but made them hard to activate and had to hit them hard to activate them then producing an airball at times
experiment 2 - designed my wedges to tilt the targets along with the foam and still made them hard to activate and heavily reduced the airballs on the right (only occuring 1-5%) but not as much much on the left (occuring 5-10%) at a guess. So the left target pan angle does have an outstanding issue to the airball situation.
experiment 3 - designed the new bases to better introduce the 5 degree angle but also lift the target 2mm trying to keep the balls impact below the target rivet and effectively keeping the ball down and returning to the flippers fast, but with a glancing shot to the left target very occasionally gives you a small air ball / hop.

I strongly believe Stern changed their target bases from what use to have a angle bent into them to now a vertical target and lowered the target for a cleaner look but the negative of these 2 things is the lack of angle allows the target to go back beyond the 90 degrees along with the rivets location encourages the ball to go sky bound and hit the perspex ball protectors or fly through the game.

#4920 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes I did lots of experimenting with tha

Fair enough. Thank you, Swinks. I’ll be ordering a pair of your brackets soon!

#4921 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Fair enough. Thank you, Swinks. I’ll be ordering a pair of your brackets soon!

yeah, don't get me wrong I am not pushing the brackets but I wanted to solve the problem, not control the problem

all the best with what option you choose

#4922 5 years ago

Could be a stupid question... but... anyone know where this goes? If anywhere at all?

20180526_201914 (resized).jpg20180526_201914 (resized).jpg

#4923 5 years ago

there are 2 pieces that interlock into it and it is a standup sign for the backbox or elsewhere

#4924 5 years ago

Wow! That's a helluva topper! Thanks.

#4927 5 years ago

Don't do it! Unless you glue it.

I put it up on the head box and it lasted 10 seconds before it came crashing down because of the shaker motor and nudging lol.

Lesson learned.

#4928 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

Paint a board flat black and glue all that to the board then run a screw to hold it on.

#4929 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Ask and ye shall receive....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/from-hate-to-love…ghostbusters#post-3923444

Quoted from arkuz:

I like setting the left scoop to eject to the right flipper, instead of a droopy drop to the left. That means full power, but might also need a shim placed in the scoop to help the aim.
I also reset the primary flipper return lane guide higher than the way they are when shipped (using a nail set). Conversely, I push the inner guide most of the way down. This reduces bounce-out. As originally configured the ball would almost never travel through the lanes, but now it shoots shockingly fast through them all the time. It will occasionally launch over the guide if it hits the inner rail dead-on, so it helps to have the Mezel mod rail extender created by Cliffy, and for total protection, those plastic extenders to cover the lanes.
The airball plastic for the ramp stand-up targets is a must, though you can also pad those targets from behind to control airballs. With the plastic in place, I have installed a homebrew mod to reduce STDM from the Gozer target area: a spring from a ball point pen precisely centered hanging down, which lets the ball shoot through from the flippers, but usually diverts it a little when coming back down.
I can provide pics/video if anyone is interested.

#4931 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Another question. I have adjusted the springs on the drop targets understanding that a stronger spring gets the drop target out of the way quicker and causes less airballs.

Well I have tried both stronger spring tension and then back to regular strength and this really does not seem to fix the issue.

Have others seen a big reduction in airballs especially on the left drop target by adjusting spring tension?

Thx

Just do what I did and turn those damn drop targets off in the settings. Seriously, they're annoying as f**k.

#4932 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Paint a board flat black and glue all that to the board then run a screw to hold it on.

That's what I did for my little homemade topper. Attached all the figures on 1/4 inch mdf board that I had painted flat black. Then secured that scene to the top of the backbox with a screw. Easy peasy.

#4933 5 years ago

so I was downsizing my collection for multiple moves I have coming up and ended up with a HUO GB Pro. I've had it less than 2 weeks and I love it!! My fav movie meets my Fav hobby! Was just reading through a lot of posts and wanted to say hi to everyone in the club. I ordered Pinblades from PinGrafix, he is the best IMO, I have got many pinblades from him and his always seems the best, got a shaker motor and a set of plastics for the Air balls. Games is running smooth and I am not getting many air balls or drains as it is so I am having a lot of fun. Anyways, was wondering what the must have Mods are as my last Modded game was TRON and it seemed to have a million. GB however seems limited on what you can do to it. The TV mod seems kinda cool if it plays clips from the movie or the GB commercial from the movie or something, but what do you guys and gals thing about the mods? Anyone want to share with a new owner on what they did or what the must have mods are besides the ones I already did?

#4934 5 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Anyone want to share with a new owner on what they did or what the must have mods are besides the ones I already did?

We have a few, backboard light is a good mod to light up the back area, purple looks best imo.

https://lermods.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-mods

#4935 5 years ago

so I was downsizing my collection for multiple moves I have coming up and ended up with a HUO GB Pro. I've had it less than 2 weeks and I love it!! My fav movie meets my Fav hobby! Was just reading through a lot of posts and wanted to say hi to everyone in the club. I ordered Pinblades from PinGrafix, he is the best IMO, I have got many pinblades from him and his always seems the best, got a shaker motor and a set of plastics for the Air balls. Games is running smooth and I am not getting many air balls or drains as it is so I am having a lot of fun. Anyways, was wondering what the must have Mods are as my last Modded game was TRON and it seemed to have a million. GB however seems limited on what you can do to it. The TV mod seems kinda cool if it plays clips from the movie or the GB commercial from the movie or something, but what do you guys and gals thing about the mods? Anyone want to share with a new owner on what they did or what the must have mods are besides the ones I already did?

There's always my 2 mods, they look good on any game.

#4936 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

There's always my 2 mods, they look good on any game.

What are your 2 mods?

#4937 5 years ago

What are your 2 mods?

Lol
Love you Paul

#4938 5 years ago

Officially in the club:

08E49EA4-7376-4C6E-B542-F827638B9C14 (resized).jpeg08E49EA4-7376-4C6E-B542-F827638B9C14 (resized).jpeg2FADAF00-7FE3-4AA9-814F-CC4BBE461B74 (resized).jpeg2FADAF00-7FE3-4AA9-814F-CC4BBE461B74 (resized).jpeg

#4941 5 years ago

Q1 - did anyone ever hear how the proton streams would interact with the game?

Q2 - were they linked to the red inserts or or the proton pack insert?

Q3 - also apart from points what does the gear assist to?

#4942 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Officially in the club:

After playing I bet you where like... why did I wait so dang long!!!

Recommend mods
Stern Armor
Stern Art Blades
Fire house & Walking Stay Puff (Mezel Mods)
Ecto Goggles (Hooked on pinballs version)
Stern HD glass

Congrats

#4943 5 years ago

I joined the club yesterday too, with this superb new Ghostbusters Premium !

gb_p.jpggb_p.jpg

#4944 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

New GB Pro owner here. Loving the machine so far! I had played it before and it was okay, but my daughter and I played it quite a few times at GS Pinball Festival and added it to my want list...what do you know, one came up on CL for the right price, so I grabbed it.

Stern's have a really nice feel to them, like when you close the door on a BMW...just feels tight and solid.. It had 925 plays on it and I believe it really is HUO, but man...dirty playfield! I cleaned and waxed it immediately. No ghosting at all, so I am happy about that. I will order Cliffy's….only noticeable issue is the shooter lane by the ball eject is worn.

Observations

1) It has the "old" Slimer, so it's not ultra sensitive. I moved the cable to the center and don't see a difference. It definitely registers a direct hit, but not a glancing blow, so I see it as a...you have to be accurate....like shooting a lane.

2) Lot's of air balls! Should I turn the coils strength down? Probably how the playfield got so dirty.

3) Very few STDMs....the ejects seem to divert to one side or the other really well.

4) Recommendations for mods?

Thanks!

Damagio

#4945 5 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Hi Everyone,
New GB Pro owner here. Loving the machine so far! I had played it before and it was okay, but my daughter and I played it quite a few times at GS Pinball Festival and added it to my want list...what do you know, one came up on CL for the right price, so I grabbed it.
Stern's have a really nice feel to them, like when you close the door on a BMW...just feels tight and solid.. It had 925 plays on it and I believe it really is HUO, but man...dirty playfield! I cleaned and waxed it immediately. No ghosting at all, so I am happy about that. I will order Cliffy's….only noticeable issue is the shooter lane by the ball eject is worn.
Observations
1) It has the "old" Slimer, so it's not ultra sensitive. I moved the cable to the center and don't see a difference. It definitely registers a direct hit, but not a glancing blow, so I see it as a...you have to be accurate....like shooting a lane.
2) Lot's of air balls! Should I turn the coils strength down? Probably how the playfield got so dirty.
3) Very few STDMs....the ejects seem to divert to one side or the other really well.
4) Recommendations for mods?
Thanks!
Damagio

check through this thread and the Ghostbusters issue thread for tips for tuning and fixes

1. if a pro the hits to slimer most of the time need to be straight on

2. these brackets will heavily reduce the airballs
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

3. that's good

4. there is a ghostbuster mod thread for mods and check the bottom bar of this thread and on shapeways, hooked on pinball etc.

#4946 5 years ago

Thank you Swinks! Very helpful!

#4947 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

I put it up on the head box and it lasted 10 seconds before it came crashing down because of the shaker motor and nudging lol.
Lesson learned.

Museum putty.

#4948 5 years ago

Joined the club today, love this game.

DSC04370 (resized).JPGDSC04370 (resized).JPGDSC04372 (resized).JPGDSC04372 (resized).JPG
#4949 5 years ago

Plenty of cool mods at www.modfatherpinball.com Shop by game, I am always adding mods to my website for different games . Check periodically as there are over 400 mods on my website for various games. Shooters , PinCups, custom painting , playfield characters , decals, toppers, lighting , custom trim , gameroom artwork, gameblades ( TiltGraphics) ...etc

#4950 5 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Since you have the old Slimer mech, you want want to double check

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-187-ecto-goggles-sheild-kit/2035/Stern-SB187-1.pdf

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/s/Stern-SB188.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/99?hl=bertille and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.