IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 250.
#4851 5 years ago

Got my Pro. Loving it! Except for one thing...

It looks like ink under the clearcoat. Sucks. Any ideas on what can be done with it (if anything)? I was thinking maybe a custom sticker to cover it up.

Also, when I plunge the ball, it never goes all the way around. Just hits the stop to the left of the P every time. Is there an adjustment for that? I am also getting the ball stopped by Stay Puft on the plunge sometimes.

IMG_8502 (resized).JPGIMG_8502 (resized).JPG

#4852 5 years ago

Right orbit protector.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector-1

Also there is an adjustment to the gates as well on the GB threads - search that change.

#4853 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Got my Pro. Loving it! Except for one thing...
It looks like ink under the clearcoat. Sucks. Any ideas on what can be done with it (if anything)? I was thinking maybe a custom sticker to cover it up.
Also, when I plunge the ball, it never goes all the way around. Just hits the stop to the left of the P every time. Is there an adjustment for that? I am also getting the ball stopped by Stay Puft on the plunge sometimes.

Are you talking about the little black spec on the insert arrow when you say ink under the clearcoat? If so that doesnt look that bad and wouldn’t bother me any truthfully. Play and have fun and you will forget all about that little black mark!

#4854 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you talking about the little black spec on the insert arrow when you say ink under the clearcoat? If so that doesnt look that bad and wouldn’t bother me any truthfully. Play and have fun and you will forget all about that little black mark!

Yeah. And you're right... the more I play, the more it doesn't matter. It does look a little bigger in person but still not that terrible. Just annoying on such a beautiful machine.

Now I just have to figure out why the gate to the left of the PKE inserts won't let the ball past. It stops it dead even on right loop shots. I have not had one ball go through there yet.

And thanks cpr9999 for the link! I already purchased an air ball protector but I'm thinking about the Stay Puft one. Thanks again!

#4855 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I Need guidance- I read on pinside somewhere that on the left VUK people are putting a piece of something in there so the ball kicks out reliably to the right flipper.
So what material, where is it placed and can someone post a picture.
Thanks in advance!!

I know several recommend adjusting power or using the foam but on mine I simply loosened the bolts holding the scoop in place underneath and turned the scoop ever so slightly and tightened it back up and it's been working fine ever since. Only need to turn it literally a mm or two.

#4856 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Yeah. And you're right... the more I play, the more it doesn't matter. It does look a little bigger in person but still not that terrible. Just annoying on such a beautiful machine.
Now I just have to figure out why the gate to the left of the PKE inserts won't let the ball past. It stops it dead even on right loop shots. I have not had one ball go through there yet.
And thanks cpr9999 for the link! I already purchased an air ball protector but I'm thinking about the Stay Puft one. Thanks again!

Im trying to figure out what gate you are talking about to the left if the PKE inserts. Left or right side of the playfield?

#4857 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im trying to figure out what gate you are talking about to the left if the PKE inserts. Left or right side of the playfield?

Top left of the pic... next to the P.

IMG_8506 (resized).JPGIMG_8506 (resized).JPG

#4858 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Have you checked the switch heading into the orbit (right side)? That’s what triggers that gate.

Mine was doing what you’re describing, and it turns out that a wire on that switch had a loose connection.

#4859 5 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Have you checked the switch heading into the orbit (right side)? That’s what triggers that gate.
Mine was doing what you’re describing, and it turns out that a wire on that switch had a loose connection.

I will try that in the morning. Thank you for the suggestion!

#4860 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Gotcha....try what Dave said, that sounds like the culprit probably. Did you buy this game new or used?

#4861 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I know several recommend adjusting power or using the foam but on mine I simply loosened the bolts holding the scoop in place underneath and turned the scoop ever so slightly and tightened it back up and it's been working fine ever since. Only need to turn it literally a mm or two.

Will try this, adjusting power did not work so it is an alignment issue. Try your method first and then if needed add foam on left side.

#4862 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

looks like you could wedge the original bracket to achieve the desired angle.

that won't work as already tried the wedge within the assembly for some success, wedging between the bracket and playfield will fowl with the circuit boards and the new brackets actually lift the target as well as tilt it forward with the combination working very well.

#4863 5 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I tried to check all connections under the playfield. There were some that were loose, so I tightened them up. Nothing fixed the issue yet.

In fact, neither gate, left or right, goes up. I can't hit an orbit shot from either orbit that goes all the way around. I thought maybe there was an adjustment that was turned off to not allow orbit shots or something... but I don't even see a test adjustment for either gate.

I'll probably give Stern a call when I get a chance later today.

#4864 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I tried to check all connections under the playfield. There were some that were loose, so I tightened them up. Nothing fixed the issue yet.
In fact, neither gate, left or right, goes up. I can't hit an orbit shot from either orbit that goes all the way around. I thought maybe there was an adjustment that was turned off to not allow orbit shots or something... but I don't even see a test adjustment for either gate.
I'll probably give Stern a call when I get a chance later today.

Do your rollovers work in switch test mode?

#4865 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do your rollovers work in switch test mode?

Yes, both orbit rollovers work in switch test mode.

#4866 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Yes, both orbit rollovers work in switch test mode.

During game play and plunging the ball over the rollover you have confirmed your left gate does not open forcing the ball into P,K, or E?

#4867 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

During game play and plunging the ball over the rollover you have confirmed your left gate does not open forcing the ball into P,K, or E?

Yes, this is correct. When I push the right orbit rollover, the left gate does not open.

Chuck Smith's video here shows the right orbit switch causing the left gate to open. Mine is NOT doing that.

EDIT: I rechecked the connections under the playfield tonight and didn't find anything loose. I even re-seated some of the connectors that have to do with that switch. Nothing has fixed the issue yet.

#4868 5 years ago

So I called Stern tech support. They said to hold the left flipper for the gate to be activated and go all around. I'm thinking that's incorrect for this game and I have to call back.

Also, I added the topper today. When it finished, the node board update failed. I cycled the power and it failed again. However, the game works fine (except for the gate issue). I check the node board in the test mode and it looks fine.

#4869 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

So I called Stern tech support. They said to hold the left flipper for the gate to be activated and go all around. I'm thinking that's incorrect for this game and I have to call back.
Also, I added the topper today. When it finished, the node board update failed. I cycled the power and it failed again. However, the game works fine (except for the gate issue). I check the node board in the test mode and it looks fine.

Definitely not correct....it isn't a super skill shot. On my pro a soft plunge is stopped by the gate and bounces back to the upper rollovers, but a hard plunge pushes through the gate while slowing down a bit sometimes. I always thought that was "normal" behavior but on location ones never do that, they fly through at full speed every time. I like the way mine is though, but you definitely shouldn't be having to hold the left flipper, that doesn't do anything.

#4870 5 years ago

Spoke to Stern again. Looks like a bad coil for the gate so they are sending a new one. The gate on the Pro is attached to the ramp diverter. When I test ramp diverter in the coil test, only the ramp diverter moves and NOT the gate coil.

Can anyone who has a Pro test their ramp diverter and see if the left gate opens as well?

#4871 5 years ago

Finally picked up a Premium today! Thinking about grabbing the white or blue/purple armor from pinball refinery. Anybody have either? Do you like it?

#4872 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Reporting back - this worked.

With that said it was a pain to adjust the 2 screws from the top and the one from the bottom. Also, to get to the top 2 machine screws you have to pull the plastic off - big pain.

Now that it is done- no foam needed or power adjustment.

The real question is will it hold up over time. If not, foam will be next in line to try.

#4873 5 years ago

Repost - need some guidance.

I have adjusted the springs on the drop targets understanding that a stronger spring gets the drop target out of the way quicker and causes less airballs.

Well I have tried both (a) stronger springs (from PinballLife) and (b) reinstalling original springs and shortening them up to 20-25 revolutions.

Neither have worked. When the left target is up and I hit it dead on with the right flipper- always get an airball directly back at me ...then the airball hits the wire guide ramp (the one that crosses the playfield) and drops back onto the playfield.

Any other ideas? Anyone put washers underneath the 2 of the 4 screws holding the Drop target to give it a pitch? Does this work?

Thx

#4874 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Repost - need some guidance.
I have adjusted the springs on the drop targets understanding that a stronger spring gets the drop target out of the way quicker and causes less airballs.
Well I have tried both (a) stronger springs (from PinballLife) and (b) reinstalling original springs and shortening them up to 20-25 revolutions.
Neither have worked. When the left target is up and I hit it dead on with the right flipper- always get an airball directly back at me ...then the airball hits the wire guide ramp (the one that crosses the playfield) and drops back onto the playfield.
Any other ideas? Anyone put washers underneath the 2 of the 4 screws holding the Drop target to give it a pitch? Does this work?
Thx

Thats strange. I just shortened my stock springs and they drop easy right now, matter of fact the one on the right droos too easy so i need to work on that one some more. I've seriously considered just disabling them anyway because i dont think they add any value what so ever to the gamr, matter of fact i hate them.

#4875 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats strange. I just shortened my stock springs and they drop easy right now, matter of fact the one on the right droos too easy so i need to work on that one some more. I've seriously considered just disabling them anyway because i dont think they add any value what so ever to the gamr, matter of fact i hate them.

My targets have to problem dropping or resetting with any of the springs. So that’s cool.
However, no matter the spring the left drop target (with direct hit) causes an airball to hit the wire guide-ramp.

Added over 6 years ago: That should say no problem dropping

#4876 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Looks like I'm getting back into the club, this time with a Pro (sold my Premium a year ago... not a fan of the magnet slings at all). I am so excited!
I've been looking at mods for the last few days and there are some awesome ones out there. Are there any good mods for the right orbit? (where the ecto goggles are on the Premium/LE) That area looks a bit bare on the Pro. I was thinking about somehow modifying the slimed "Welcome to New York" sign I've seen out there.

Some mod ideas. Nothing too tacky or over the top, just some small stuff here and there.

Topper
Green glo balls
Premium library
Storage facility
Library ghost
Side blades
PKE mirror
Ghostbusters firehouse
Airball protectors
New York sign
Speaker lights

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4877 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Reporting back - this worked.
With that said it was a pain to adjust the 2 screws from the top and the one from the bottom. Also, to get to the top 2 machine screws you have to pull the plastic off - big pain.
Now that it is done- no foam needed or power adjustment.
The real question is will it hold up over time. If not, foam will be next in line to try.

It is a pain to get to but I really think this is the correct method.
I did mine back in November and it hasn’t moved since.

#4878 5 years ago

I’m half tempted to get the topper, for those that have it are you enjoying it?

#4879 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like it a lot, but $500 is a tough pill to swallow. You can buy it second hand or wait for the 15% eBay sale.

To me, the Kiss topper is the best topper ever. The GB topper is awesome, but lights up infrequently. Worth it if you can buy for a discount.

#4880 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I got one a few weeks ago. I'm still hoping (but doubting) the update will make more use of it. It does look good like it belongs on the game but mostly lights up in attract mode.

#4881 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I got one a few weeks ago. I'm still hoping (but doubting) the update will make more use of it. It does look good like it belongs on the game but mostly lights up in attract mode.

Does it light up every time you hit the loop and the ecto siren goes off?

#4882 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Some mod ideas. Nothing too tacky or over the top, just some small stuff here and there.
Topper
Green glo balls
Premium library
Storage facility
Library ghost
Side blades
PKE mirror
Ghostbusters firehouse
Airball protectors
New York sign
Speaker lights

Thanks Mudflaps! I have already added:

Topper
Art Blades
Mezel Mods Library
Scoop Light
Storage Facility Light
Airball protector
Speakers lights
Pop bumper pink river of slime
Lane protectors
New York sign (although I don't know where to put it yet)

I want to add the glow balls and the firehouse

#4883 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Going by memory I believe it lights up when:
-you get an extra ball
-ball save
-during "we got one" mode
-comes on/off during one part of the attract mode

it's expensive and I'd like to see it used more, but was worth it for me.

#4884 5 years ago

I've had my game a little over a week and have done a fair amount to it. It was pretty much not playable when I got, so many damn airballs. Hard to believe it left the factory like this. Playing really well now, just hit 702mil. I've been doing some mods to it:

-Ulek lane protectors
-Cpr upper left protector and right orbit protector
-Purple trough light
-purple backboard light
-green speaker lights
-side mirrrors from cointaker
-ecto car on right ramp.

I traded the game for my wozrr and couldn't be happier, it's really a fun game. I swear the gap between the flippers iswider than normal. My scoleri targets don't go down well on a direct hit so I aim for the sides. Shaker is really well integrated.

MVIMG_20180522_124903 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180522_124903 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180522_124907 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180522_124907 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180522_124910 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180522_124910 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180522_124917 (resized).jpgIMG_20180522_124917 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180522_130016 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180522_130016 (resized).jpg

MVIMG_20180522_124925_exported_4023341804567125896 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180522_124925_exported_4023341804567125896 (resized).jpg

#4885 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I've had my game a little over a week and have done a fair amount to it. It was pretty much not playable when I got, so many damn airball. Hard to believe it left the factory like this. Playing really well now, just hit 702mil. I've been doing some mods too:
-Ulek lane protectors
-Cpr upper left protector and right or it protector
-Purple trough light
-purple backboard light
-green speaker lights
-side mirrrors from cointaker
-ecto car on right ramp.
I traded the game for my wozrr and couldn't be happier, it's really a fun game. I swear the gap between the flippers are wider than normal. My scoleri targets don't go down well on a direct hit so I aim for the sides. Shaker is really well integrated.

The flipper gap IS bigger than standard.

#4886 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The flipper gap IS bigger than standard.

Well, there ya go. Tough game, feels like I’m fighting it the entire time, but shots are very satisfying. Shaker going off during the start of storage facility mb is very cool.

#4887 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It lights up briefly with the ecto siren sound. If you don't look for it you might miss it I guess you wouldn't want it to go on all the time.

#4888 5 years ago

any word on final code? wtf?

#4889 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Some mod ideas

I have 3 mods on my Pro:

Walking Staypuft (should have been in the game from the factory)
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-walking-stay-puft

Symetrically Stacked Books (the mount needs to be beefier, they get hit and bend over to the right)
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/ghost-busters/products/ghostbusters-books-mod

Pinstadium lighting with GI plugin & UV Glow Flashers (you will want them on ALL your games)
https://pinstadium.com/

#4890 5 years ago

What are the must mods? I'm still thinking about getting the following:

--> Walking Staypuft (Mezelmods)
--> Firehouse (Mezelmods)

But they both are very pricey... and the Walking Staypuft seems a bit better, cause it's interactive....

Also i have to create a new airball protector... The protectors i have seen, don't cover the Ghost target enough... I got sometimes crazy airballs from that...

#4892 5 years ago

target base replacements to stop the airballs off the multiplier targets

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

290x218_21126873_11830734_1511426120 (resized).png290x218_21126873_11830734_1511426120 (resized).png

#4893 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I bought the plates for the targets from you and they work o.k. for me... But a protector was the cheaper way to stop the airballs complete. I added a washer to the ghost target so the angle is more to the playfield. But with fast balls I got airballs. Maybe i should buy one of your new target base.

#4894 5 years ago
Quoted from orb:

any word on final code? wtf?

I'm with you. First it was after SW was at 1.0, now it's some time this summer. If it is in fact happening in the next 3 months I'm fine with that. I'm hoping that the wait is going to answer the two biggest gripes I hear. No simple (and low value) 2-ball for the newer players to get some thrills, and a better way to start modes if you miss the skill shot. I think a Slimer themed 2-ball MB would be really cool.

#4895 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm with you. First it was after SW was at 1.0, now it's some time this summer. If it is in fact happening in the next 3 months I'm fine with that. I'm hoping that the wait is going to answer the two biggest gripes I hear. No simple (and low value) 2-ball for the newer players to get some thrills, and a better way to start modes if you miss the skill shot. I think a Slimer themed 2-ball MB would be really cool.

I like the way how you can start a mode with hitting slimer. A 2ball slimer MB would be awesome. Maybe it will initiate with the Pops, then you have to hit slimer and the MB starts.

#4896 5 years ago

I feel like the "big points", "gear collection" , and "river of slime" should be worth more

#4897 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Swinks target base replacement stopped my airballs and i no longer use the airball protector . Much cleaner look too.

#4898 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I bought the plates for the targets from you and they work o.k. for me... But a protector was the cheaper way to stop the airballs complete. I added a washer to the ghost target so the angle is more to the playfield. But with fast balls I got airballs. Maybe i should buy one of your new target base.

based on your response you purchased the my original design which were the 4 degree target wedges and agreed they worked ok and had a few ways to assemble so results for people varied.

The new metal brackets now tilt the bracket 5 degrees forward from the vertical but also raise the target up 2mm which has the ball hitting the target under the rivet which improves the ball control.

Not to slam the airball protectors, but they are trying to tame the problem and not solve the problem.

#4899 5 years ago

I installed the new metal brackets from Swinks about a month ago. Still getting some massive air balls
Most noteable an air ball off the left stand up that sent the ball into the bottom apron and down the drain.

I'm wondering if it's a combination of bracket pitch AND face angle towards the flippers that's causing these airballs. I've honestly never seen anything like it.

Not by my machine ATM but is it possible to adjust flipper strength too? Those of you with the new bracket and no airballs, have you done this?

#4900 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

based on your response you purchased the my original design which were the 4 degree target wedges and agreed they worked ok and had a few ways to assemble so results for people varied.
The new metal brackets now tilt the bracket 5 degrees forward from the vertical but also raise the target up 2mm which has the ball hitting the target under the rivet which improves the ball control.
Not to slam the airball protectors, but they are trying to tame the problem and not solve the problem.

Yes i have the "old ones" and they work really good for me (95%). Expect the left target... If the ball hit it in the wrong angle i got airballs. So for the last 5% I decided to make my own airballprotector. I have a bit of thin Lexan left, so I try to make a nice fit protector and then i have 100% no airballs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/98?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.