IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 249.
#4801 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hey guys, my ramp diverter fell off. I put it back together the way I thought it should go but not sure. I tried going into menu to locate a test for it but couldn't find one. Is there a test for it? And could someone please take picture of theirs so I can see if mine is put back together right? Thanks

The test should be located in the solenoid test menu, and it is shared with the ball gate to the left of the in-lanes. The diverter assembly is documented on page 43 of the manual.

#4802 5 years ago

Have a chance to pick up a gble. Anyone know what a stock game huo is going for these days? What were the main benefits of the LE over the premium? Have these pretty much depreciated or are these still declining in price. I'm working a trade for one of my games and not sure how long I will keep the game.

Thx

#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Have a chance to pick up a gble. Anyone know what a stock game huo is going for these days? What were the main benefits of the LE over the premium? Have these pretty much depreciated or are these still declining in price. I'm working a trade for one of my games and not sure how long I will keep the game.

They've definitely dropped in price quite a bit, but I think they've leveled out. I would think you could pick up a bone stock LE for $7K or less. You just have to find a motivated seller.

#4804 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You just have to find a motivated seller.

...and get there before everyone else!

#4805 5 years ago

I’m contemplating a Pro purchase and wondering what is a “ safe built after date” considering some of the playfield and cabinet issues I believe was occurring ?

#4806 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx

The LE is a great looking game. That being said I am very happy with my pro.
GL with your trade.

#4807 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx

LE comes with different art, backglass and powder coated legs lockdown and lollipop rails

#4808 5 years ago

You aren't going to find a seller motivated enough to sell an LE for 7k, IMHO.
If you'd like to come check mine out in person and put some games on it, shoot me a p.m.

#4809 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You aren't going to find a seller motivated enough to sell an LE for 7k, IMHO ...

Here's one with a ton of mods that was listed for $7,100 ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/50712

#4810 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m contemplating a Pro purchase and wondering what is a “ safe built after date” considering some of the playfield and cabinet issues I believe was occurring ?

after Dec 2016 should be fairly safe, mine is from that period and outlanes are lifted and don't need a protector, still dimples but they all do, I put on the drain and shooter lane cliffy's and been going strong since with no ghosting inserts.

#4811 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here's one with a ton of mods that was listed for $7,100 ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/50712

Well, that guy's nuts!

#4812 5 years ago

I’ve looked around a bit and I’m seeing them between $7k and $7800 ask. Premiums in the low to mid 6s. The higher priced LEs seem to sit as do higher priced premiums. Thanks for the input.

#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

after Dec 2016 should be fairly safe, mine is from that period and outlanes are lifted and don't need a protector, still dimples but they all do, I put on the drain and shooter lane cliffy's and been going strong since with no ghosting inserts.

That sounds right to me. Mine was made in Nov 2016 and the playfield showed some minor ghosting after a few months. Stern replaced it. I don’t recall people posting about playfield issues for games made after Dec 2016.

#4814 5 years ago

Are the Premium/ LE slings sort of a dual traditional and magnetic setup , with the magnets activated by hitting something on the playfield or during certain modes?

#4815 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Are the Premium/ LE slings sort of a dual traditional and magnetic setup , with the magnets activated by hitting something on the playfield or during certain modes?

The slings on the premium/LE are magnetic only. The magnets are used in lieu of traditional kickers, and they are activated by the sling switches.

#4816 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Magna Slings rock Budman! I wouldn't want them on every pinball machine but they really fit the theme of GB and they are cool as hell. Its best if you reverse the sling rubbers though because it makes them much more active.

#4817 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Magna Slings rock Budman! I wouldn't want them on every pinball machine but they really fit the theme of GB and they are cool as hell. Its best if you reverse the sling rubbers though because it makes them much more active.

Exactly...the ball movement and sounds when the slings are activated are totally awesome. Keeps you on your toes, because you can't count on the ball doing what you think it should. Then again, they'll piss you off too! All part of the game...

#4818 5 years ago

Looks like I'm getting back into the club, this time with a Pro (sold my Premium a year ago... not a fan of the magnet slings at all). I am so excited!

I've been looking at mods for the last few days and there are some awesome ones out there. Are there any good mods for the right orbit? (where the ecto goggles are on the Premium/LE) That area looks a bit bare on the Pro. I was thinking about somehow modifying the slimed "Welcome to New York" sign I've seen out there.

#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Looks like I'm getting back into the club, this time with a Pro (sold my Premium a year ago... not a fan of the magnet slings at all). I am so excited!
I've been looking at mods for the last few days and there are some awesome ones out there. Are there any good mods for the right orbit? (where the ecto goggles are on the Premium/LE) That area looks a bit bare on the Pro. I was thinking about somehow modifying the slimed "Welcome to New York" sign I've seen out there.

Welcome back. My 2 mods look great on the game.

#4820 5 years ago

I love this game, but have a hard time getting over 1 million, but my wife seems to have the high score at 20 million.....I suck!

#4821 5 years ago

In the Club *yeah*

IMG_20180512_152030 (resized).jpgIMG_20180512_152030 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180512_135417 (resized).jpgIMG_20180512_135417 (resized).jpg

#4822 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

In the Club *yeah*

Welcome. Those are some cool blankets, where did ya get them?

#4824 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Definitely the containment unit upgrade. There’s a separate thread on it. Other than that, obviously the plastic airball protectors and maybe the library ghost.

DCEFCEAE-A70C-44C8-B1E6-2A352B2F0EA6 (resized).jpegDCEFCEAE-A70C-44C8-B1E6-2A352B2F0EA6 (resized).jpeg

#4825 5 years ago

I picked up a gble in trade for my woz yesterday, nice game, plays well except for air balls. Tiny bit of ghosting on the Tobin insert, but rest looks perfect. My wife and I were playing it last night, very fun game. Any recommendations on where to get an air ball protector for the left side? Thx

#4826 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I picked up a gble in trade for my woz yesterday, nice game, plays well except for air balls. Tiny bit of ghosting on the Tobin insert, but rest looks perfect. My wife and I were playing it last night, very fun game. Any recommendations on where to get an air ball protector for the left side? Thx

little shop of games reach out to marshall.
https://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-plastic-air-ball-fix-premium-le/

#4827 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ive also heard that these really work good also. Im going to order a set soon and see if i can do away with the airball protectors.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

#4828 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive also heard that these really work good also. Im going to order a set soon and see if i can do away with the airball protectors.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

looks like you could wedge the original bracket to achieve the desired angle.

#4829 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I put the Modfather protectors on mine. I like the way they are cut better than the others. I also went with clear. I've seen pics of the colored ones that look cool, but I didn't want to change the original look of the machine. I'm not really into modding the machines. But this has to be done!

#4830 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome. Those are some cool blankets, where did ya get them?

In case you didn't know, you can get a custom towel/blanket printed with whatever image you want. Just use your favorite search engine as there are many places to choose from. Also, most have a pretty good coupon code (50%+) for your first item.

#4831 5 years ago

Check these out - sold over 100+ - watch comparison video. (On sale right now - good timing).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector-1

Left airball protector and right orbit protector.

F6958257-F01D-4C92-B3CF-6247C5EFC0FF (resized).pngF6958257-F01D-4C92-B3CF-6247C5EFC0FF (resized).png
91C3D679-A2E0-484F-B1E0-A52D993F667A (resized).png91C3D679-A2E0-484F-B1E0-A52D993F667A (resized).png
7BE9A82E-E484-4399-99ED-2C783E1BC88F (resized).png7BE9A82E-E484-4399-99ED-2C783E1BC88F (resized).png

#4832 5 years ago

Trying to read up on my GB rules... do the inner inlanes (without the ghost insert) award anything?

#4833 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

In case you didn't know, you can get a custom towel/blanket printed with whatever image you want. Just use your favorite search engine as there are many places to choose from. Also, most have a pretty good coupon code (50%+) for your first item.

Thanks. I bought these on ebay.

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#4834 5 years ago

Anyone know if a color dmd is in the works? Game needs one badly.

#4835 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone know if a color dmd is in the works? Game needs one badly.

It's been very strongly rumored... I think they may be waiting on the new code?

#4836 5 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

It's been very strongly rumored... I think they may be waiting on the new code?

New code? I thought it was finished? Admittedly, I don't know much about the history of gb so I'm catching up.

#4837 5 years ago

Stern has claimed in their "Stern of the Union" address that there will be a final code update sometime this summer. The Librarian insert still needs to be coded.

#4838 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

New code? I thought it was finished? Admittedly, I don't know much about the history of gb so I'm catching up.

Stern has been saying a code update is coming, and looks like it'll be summer. I'm hoping they do something to make it where the modes are not so linear (of course fix bugs too). I really like the game, but I'm getting sick of playing the same first modes constantly. Never realized how spoiled I was with ST where you could pick any mode to play.

#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Stern has been saying a code update is coming, and looks like it'll be summer. I'm hoping they do something to make it where the modes are not so linear (of course fix bugs too). I really like the game, but I'm getting sick of playing the same first modes constantly. Never realized how spoiled I was with ST where you could pick any mode to play.

Agreed, still a very fun game but some randomness in the modes would go a long way. We're still missing Are You a God and red inserts on the outlanes don't do anything. Hoping for a pretty strong update!

#4840 5 years ago

OT:

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks. I bought these on ebay.

Yeah nice choice -I buy usually here "Cafepress"
example:

Monsterbash: https://www.cafepress.com/+frank_beach_towel,1448970317
BOP 2.0: https://www.cafepress.com/+purple_space_pattern_beach_towel,79414853

BTT:

Yes GB need a very strong codeupdate - but so far it's a very cool and challenging game. Color DMD is nice to have, I used my "old" PIN2DMD (about 200$) and made it green. Fits the LE perfect

#4841 5 years ago

Pulled the trigger on a GB Pro... should be here tomorrow. Can't wait!

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

FUN!!!FUN!!! FUN!!!

#4843 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Congrats! GB Pro is a great game, you wont regret getting it.

#4844 5 years ago

Just reflashed the firmware back to stock (from the custom audio). Going to leave the timeout modes on and just let it be "easier" for a bit - got the sub hooked up and watched the wife put up a 780 mill score for her first game in a while. It's a great pin. Sound and lights and shots are so satisfying.

Enjoy GB fans!

#4845 5 years ago

Picking up a Pro next month. Looking forward to color DMD doing this one. As far as code comments, the modes need to remain linear as you are stepping through the movie. They also get more valuable as you progress, so you shouldn't start Stay Puft as your first mode, for instance.

#4846 5 years ago

I Need guidance- I read on pinside somewhere that on the left VUK people are putting a piece of something in there so the ball kicks out reliably to the right flipper.

So what material, where is it placed and can someone post a picture.
Thanks in advance!!

#4847 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I Need guidance- I read on pinside somewhere that on the left VUK people are putting a piece of something in there so the ball kicks out reliably to the right flipper.
Thanks in advance!!

I've seen those posts too, but I don't think it's necessary. Just play with the kicker strength in the adjustments menu. At 18-20, I find it falls lamely to the flipper for an easy cradle. At about 40-45, it will shoot across to the opposite flipper for a dead bounce over. Sometimes it will bounce hard enough to get into the magna slings on my premium which is hairy. I just played with the settings to get the kickout that I wanted.

#4848 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thanks in advance!!

Changing the eject power on the scoop didnt help my game a bit. I put a piece of ball dead drop foam in the scoop and it shoots to the right flipper every time now. It makes the game alot more fun when it plays like it should. I got the ball dead drop foam at pinbits.com. You could probably use something else but i had that laying around so i used that.

AC7B4DBC-B53C-4F9E-923C-8A33A56047AA (resized).jpegAC7B4DBC-B53C-4F9E-923C-8A33A56047AA (resized).jpeg

#4849 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Changing the eject power on the scoop didnt help my game a bit. I put a piece of ball dead drop foam in the scoop and it shoots to the right flipper every time now. It makes the game alot more fun when it plays like it should. I got the ball dead drop foam at pinbits.com. You could probably use something else but i had that laying around so i used that.

I had a similar experience, did the same thing, and it worked like a charm.

#4850 5 years ago

Another question. I have adjusted the springs on the drop targets understanding that a stronger spring gets the drop target out of the way quicker and causes less airballs.

Well I have tried both stronger spring tension and then back to regular strength and this really does not seem to fix the issue.

Have others seen a big reduction in airballs especially on the left drop target by adjusting spring tension?

Thx

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/97?hl=abagwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.