IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 250.
#4751 6 years ago

For those who want to become owners of Ghostbusters and are reading this thread, I have an immaculate Premium for sale now with many Stern accessories, improvements, custom code.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62159

#4752 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

For those who want to become owners of Ghostbusters and are reading this thread, I have an immaculate Premium for sale now with many Stern accessories, improvements, custom code.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62159

Come on Sinestro What the heck bro? Have u been bit by the Iron Maiden bug or something?

#4753 6 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Does anyone have suggestions to get
the ball to feed cleanly to the left flipper after a plunge? Ours used to roll smoothly off the metal rail setting up a clean shot to the right loop or easy catch, but lately it comes down closer to the center of the loop feeding almost to the tip of the left flipper.
Can’t seem to figure out what’s causing this.
Thanks in advance!
Osh

That metal rail on the left orbit can be adjusted. In this image, right where the red and orange wires end. That screw can be loosened and you can adjust the angle of the rail. mine was pushed way to the right by factory default.

That might be your problem.

GB rail (resized).jpgGB rail (resized).jpg

#4754 6 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Does anyone have suggestions to get
the ball to feed cleanly to the left flipper after a plunge? Ours used to roll smoothly off the metal rail setting up a clean shot to the right loop or easy catch, but lately it comes down closer to the center of the loop feeding almost to the tip of the left flipper.
Can’t seem to figure out what’s causing this.
Thanks in advance!
Osh

Check to make sure your game is level. That was part of my problem. My ball is also hitting the scoop cliffy which is redirecting more towards sdtm.

#4755 6 years ago

Stern of the Union is posted and GB has dropped off as far as being mentioned.

#4756 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Stern of the Union is posted and GB has dropped off as far as being mentioned.

Where did you read that?
If I look at http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-april-2018

"
Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:

Star Wars – We have yet another code update coming this month.

Guardians of the Galaxy – We just released a substantial update which redesigned all major modes as well as introduced Cherry Bomb multiball into the game
(adding on to the sneak peek code from the Texas Pinball Festival show). Look for another code update later this month which will
address topper support as well as additional refinement.

Batman ’66 – We will be releasing in the next couple of weeks the sneak peek code from the Texas Pinball Festival show in addition to even more content!

With the added resources to our software department, we continue to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS. We expect for these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer.

Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time."

#4757 6 years ago

Hmm, that whole section wasn't showing when I was reading on my phone. I had opened the "read more" portion up, but maybe there was even more that I missed the link for. I don't doubt a "final" one is coming, but it use to be touted as coming after SW 1.0.

#4758 6 years ago

I'm thinking of selling my Ghostbusters Pro. HUO. With airball saver. No other mods.

What's a good starting price?

#4759 6 years ago

Thanks Scary and Pinden. Will try both of those when I get back home. Appreciate the tips!!

#4760 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I'm thinking of selling my Ghostbusters Pro. HUO. With airball saver. No other mods.

4K-4.5K? I'd check the marketplace for history of sales.

also might want to hold off on the sale until after the final code comes out (rumors say this summer) . A: you may find you enjoy the game more and get some more play out of it. B: you may find other people enjoy the game more, and it may get a boost in demand.

#4761 6 years ago

Call me an optimist but I was thinking the other day that code is about 15 months old now on GB and Stern keeps promising an update this summer. So I see one of two things. A) It's so low or minor on the priority list summer is good enough so no need to rush or B) This code is going to be great! Lots of new features and balance.

I just look at GOT and see a lot more to go after....so who knows....here's hoping! I'm really hoping for b.

Just trying to put some positive vibes out there.... Played a great game last night and got hopeful that the code will explode this summer to make it even more fun.

#4762 6 years ago
Quoted from boomgopinball:

Just trying to put some positive vibes out there.... Played a great game last night and got hopeful that the code will explode this summer to make it even more fun.

i hope so as well

#4763 6 years ago
Quoted from boomgopinball:

Stern keeps promising an update this summer.

Just put up my best score 7B last night. Got the "K" skill shot to light multipliers with Stay Puft running. Once that finished it went into WCWS...and blew up with 6 times playfield.

I'm sure competition players would never risk the 10% additional points, but in a home setting, why not go for it. And when your friends see that number they are really impressed. You don't have to tell them it was 1 great ball out of 100!!

If they improve the code this summer that would be fantastic. I don't even know what they could do to it. Make the modes in the ladders selectable/random? Add another multiball...River of Slime?

Has there been any indication at all of what could be coming?

#4764 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Has there been any indication at all of what could be coming?

Nope but a final wizard mode would be nice.

#4765 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nope but a final wizard mode would be nice.

Unfortunately, I don't think that would change the game for me!

#4766 6 years ago

So in the middle of a perfectly mediocre game, this thing came flying off and went in the cabinet. After 30 seconds of a half-assed search, I’m not sure where it goes. Any ideas?

B927328E-B06E-4CA0-A17D-4F42BEE60198 (resized).jpegB927328E-B06E-4CA0-A17D-4F42BEE60198 (resized).jpeg

#4767 6 years ago

Hmm.
I looked everywhere on mine and dont see where it goes

#4768 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

So in the middle of a perfectly mediocre game, this thing came flying off and went in the cabinet. After 30 seconds of a half-assed search, I’m not sure where it goes. Any ideas?

That looks like the kind of post that normally sits on top of a plastic in order to prevent the ball from getting stuck.

#4769 6 years ago

try here, not sure but kinda looks like it

IMG_20180415_155343582 (resized).jpgIMG_20180415_155343582 (resized).jpg

#4770 6 years ago

Yeah, that’s weird. That seems to be it, but I’m not sure how this piece would screw there.

I’ll blow it off for now and will probably find it in a year when I’m cleaning the game.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4771 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, that’s weird. That seems to be it, but I’m not sure how this piece would screw there.
I’ll blow it off for now and will probably find it in a year when I’m cleaning the game.

it screws into the metal hex standoff

#4772 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

it screws into the metal hex standoff

Aah! I see it now. Yup, that’s it. Thanks for the assist!

#4773 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Aah! I see it now. Yup, that’s it. Thanks for the assist!

Happy to be of help

#4774 6 years ago

Hey guys, maybe I'm a little late to the party.... My LE is here and now I want to light my speakers, so i have 2 led stripes 12V DC and I don't know how can I connect them.

Hope you can help me with that

Thank you

#4776 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

$5k-$5200 as a starting price.

#4777 6 years ago

Thank you - but i think i will use an external powersupply. I only have to figure out how i have to connect it after the switch - so that it powers only when the machine is "on".

#4778 6 years ago

Hello,all,I have a problem someone might help with-Sometimes a ball will fly up between the "City" as I have the "River of Slime"Mod installed.and it just rests there on the green river! The Glass then has to come off!! Any Idea would be helpful!! Yeah,I know,get rid of that Mod,but it looks so cool!!

#4779 6 years ago

I had the same issue and finally just had to remove it. It’s annoying as hell to get those ball hangups!

#4780 6 years ago

Yeah.Spelunk71,looks like maybe thats it

#4781 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I had the same issue and finally just had to remove it. It’s annoying as hell to get those ball hangups!

Can you make a picture ?

#4782 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Can you make a picture ?

I took the mod out, so a picture wouldn’t show much. Basically, the mod covers the opening in the middle of the cityscape above the pops. If an airball falls in, it gets stuck on top of the plastic rather that just falling through the opening and back onto the playfield. If you can stop the airballs, you wouldn’t have issues, but that’s pretty hard to do on this game—even though you can minimize the airballs.

#4784 6 years ago

Wow that are some freaking airballs. I have never seen that on my machine. Now I do not have the river of slime mod but the ball ending up there...no never. From where are these airballs coming? Not from the standup targets?

#4785 6 years ago

Can someone tell me where the GB plastic -09 fits? I rebuild my machine but can see where the right place for the plastic is.

Hope you can help me

#4786 6 years ago

What does it look like?

#4787 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Wow that are some freaking airballs. I have never seen that on my machine. Now I do not have the river of slime mod but the ball ending up there...no never. From where are these airballs coming? Not from the standup targets?

I think they mainly come from the occasional ball flying off the subway ramp.

#4788 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Can someone tell me where the GB plastic -09 fits? I rebuild my machine but can see where the right place for the plastic is.
Hope you can help me

I found it, its behind Stay puft.

20180420_204829 (resized).jpg20180420_204829 (resized).jpg

#4789 6 years ago

Anyone here looking for a walking stay puft or the brick firehouse? PM me if interested.

#4790 6 years ago

Thank you looks good.

#4791 5 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Anyone here looking for a walking stay puft or the brick firehouse? PM me if interested.

Thank you Outcida for the Firehouse !

#4792 5 years ago

Sale - buy one get one! First time sale ever. Get both protectors!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector-1

C05B3906-EF2F-40AF-BDD5-4822C5C30FD2 (resized).pngC05B3906-EF2F-40AF-BDD5-4822C5C30FD2 (resized).png

#4793 5 years ago

Hey guys, my ramp diverter fell off. I put it back together the way I thought it should go but not sure. I tried going into menu to locate a test for it but couldn't find one. Is there a test for it? And could someone please take picture of theirs so I can see if mine is put back together right? Thanks

#4794 5 years ago

I am selling, or trading my HUO Ghostbusters Pro. Please message me if interested

#4795 5 years ago

I might be losing my mind, but I don't think I see all the "Light ..." awards. For example, with the Tobin's awards if I get "Light Negative Reinforcement" nothing obvious happens. This is typically when I hit the flipper's buttons to skip the animation. Another example is with collecting 20 ghosts. The insert "Light Tobin's" lights up, but nothing happens with the left scoop. Is there something else you need to hit to activate these awards? I looked through the bug list for the latest code and didn't see anything listed. What am I missing?

#4796 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I might be losing my mind, but I don't think I see all the "Light ..." awards. For example, with the Tobin's awards if I get "Light Negative Reinforcement" nothing obvious happens. This is typically when I hit the flipper's buttons to skip the animation. Another example is with collecting 20 ghosts. The insert "Light Tobin's" lights up, but nothing happens with the left scoop. Is there something else you need to hit to activate these awards? I looked through the bug list for the latest code and didn't see anything listed. What am I missing?

I don't believe that those are active while a mode is running. If you get "light Tobins" while in a mode, it doesn't actually light. Complete the mode, or if it times out, then the "tobins" light will come on. The same applies for "negative reinforcement".

I can't say that I've seen that spelled out in the rules, but it is what occurs in the game.

#4797 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I don't believe that those are active while a mode is running. If you get "light Tobins" while in a mode, it doesn't actually light. Complete the mode, or if it times out, then the "tobins" light will come on. The same applies for "negative reinforcement".
I can't say that I've seen that spelled out in the rules, but it is what occurs in the game.

Interesting. I know that doesn't apply to light EB, so at the very least it is inconsistent.

#4798 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Interesting. I know that doesn't apply to light EB, so at the very least it is inconsistent.

With no facts to back this up (not unheard of around here!) if it were intentional, I can somewhat see the logic. If a mode is running there are points to be had on the board. If no mode is running in GB, there is really nothing to shoot for score...captive balls to get to Multiball or "Ghost" to take the long way to get into a mode. At least "Tobins" or "NR" can give some kind of scoring opportunity outside of a mode. The fact that EB isn't deactivated during modes, makes me think it was intentional.

Or maybe I've way overthought this, and it's just a software glitch!!

#4799 5 years ago

I recently added the walking stay puff mod to my GB pro...Love it! one of the best mods, IMO. I think I need to stop with this game. Ive already added Tilt Graphics game blades, Sparkys TV, Stern shaker motor, Stern topper, Mezel Mod drain busters, Stern brick firehouse, Mezel mod library, green slime on my slimer, and a Gozer action figure in the back. I think Im done or until a color DMD comes around, maybe? Sure looks and plays great.

#4800 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

With no facts to back this up (not unheard of around here!) if it were intentional, I can somewhat see the logic. If a mode is running there are points to be had on the board. If no mode is running in GB, there is really nothing to shoot for score...captive balls to get to Multiball or "Ghost" to take the long way to get into a mode. At least "Tobins" or "NR" can give some kind of scoring opportunity outside of a mode. The fact that EB isn't deactivated during modes, makes me think it was intentional.
Or maybe I've way overthought this, and it's just a software glitch!!

Seems like a bug to me. When an award says "Light X" I would expect it to light without condition unless otherwise stated. I confirmed that both Tobin's and NR will not light if a mode is running. This means that if a mode is completed on a shot that immediately starts a new mode, they stay unlit. It seems unlikely it was intentional as this could mean never being able to collect these awards. All other "Light X" awards seem to light immediately; EB, Storage, Jackpot, PF mulitipliers, PKE. GB is heavily mode driven like you mentioned. You are supposed to be running modes and shouldn't be punished when they are running.

In any case, thanks for the insight you answered my original question!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/96?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.