IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 250.
#4701 6 years ago

5 unfair balls probably wouldn't be that much more fun than 3!

#4702 6 years ago

I feel the same way about Walking Dead. Enough so that i have almost sold it many times. I dont feel like that with GB. I have factory flippers and droop and i dont get cheap drains consistantly. I do have the outlane covers, but i dont feel that is cheating. I also have my pitch at about 6° and not 6.5°.

#4703 6 years ago

I did the same and now really enjoy playing it. Before I swapped out the flipper bats, it sat untouched for about 5-6 months.

#4704 6 years ago

Exact same setup here. It was a big improvement for me.

#4705 6 years ago

GB is a great game for many reasons already without the coming code update.

But here is why it’s so great for me.

It’s not all about the multiball
(like Aerosmith)
It’s not all about the multiplier
(like Star Wars)
and it’s not all about the modes
(like so many other games)

It is a combination of things that can give you that great game experience

GB rules!

#4706 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

GB is a great game for many reasons already without the coming code update.
But here is why it’s so great for me.
It’s not all about the multiball
(like Aerosmith)
It’s not all about the multiplier
(like Star Wars)
and it’s not all about the modes
(like so many other games)
It is a combination of things that can give you that great game experience
GB rules!

Very true for sure! GB gets a bad wrap and some of may be deserved but its still a great great game when you look at the whole picture. There are nights that i want to put my fist thru the glass but there are also nights when i am hitting all my shots and having a blast. The game is a little too difficult probably but theres alot of greatness in GB also. The good far outweighs the bad imo.

#4707 6 years ago

Stern Art Blades for sale - new. Got them 2 months ago and never installed and no longer need.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-ghostbusters-art-blades
4580C3C4-B2FA-4048-9F5A-23EE1B7B5772 (resized).jpeg4580C3C4-B2FA-4048-9F5A-23EE1B7B5772 (resized).jpeg

Added over 6 years ago:
SOLD!

#4708 6 years ago

When I first picked up GB that gap was something fierce. Now I hardly notice it. GB definitely rewards carefully placed shots and absolutely punishes quick flipping and misjudgements. Control and patience is everything IMO.

#4709 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The good far outweighs the bad imo.

I've had this game for about 6 months. I bought it from a friend. Its a GB pro. I absolutely love this game. I love how challenging this game is. I just smile every time I see it and play it, good or bad game. This one will never leave my game room.

#4710 6 years ago

I was thinking that a good way to solve the SDTM problem on GB is to turn the magna-slings into magna- save Would there be anyway,through software, to activate the magnaslings on demand? possible a double tap of either flipper button?...I imagine that this is probably not possible without a hardware reconfig.....but it would be an interesting mod, if nothing else.

#4711 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I was thinking that a good way to solve the SDTM problem on GB is to turn the magna-slings into magna- save Would there be anyway,through software, to activate the magnaslings on demand? possible a double tap of either flipper button?...I imagine that this is probably not possible without a hardware reconfig.....but it would be an interesting mod, if nothing else.

You could add a second set of flipper buttons similar to shadow to control the mag pulse. I wouldn't tie it into the main flippers because the slings would activate with every flip instead of just the time you wanted to make a save.

#4712 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

No way to do that i dont think but one thing that you can do if you havent already done so is reverse the sling rubbers and the little round post rubber and the magna slings become alot more active. This is free to do and it makes the game way more fun.

#4713 6 years ago

‘I absolutely love this game’.

And that’s with a broken wizard mode and “Bugs... everywhere!” Err I mean “Ghosts... everywhere!”. Hope they fix this game right with such a great theme and unique layout. Mid summer wait feels like forever.

#4714 6 years ago

Maybe you could use the GOT/AC/DC style button in the middle to activate a magna save. I might rig up a prototype of this ....hmm

#4715 6 years ago

Rig it up to look like a trap pedal under the cab

#4716 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Rig it up to look like a trap pedal under the cab

That would be soo COOL!

#4717 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

use lock bar button to activate both slings to magna save . spell ghost to activate .

#4718 6 years ago

When I first picked up GB that gap was something fierce. Now I hardly notice it. GB definitely rewards carefully placed shots and absolutely punishes quick flipping and misjudgements. Control and patience is everything IMO.

I just had my best game this afternoon on my GB Prem, and this is exactly what I was thinking of the game. To put it simply, control rules....and don't miss!!

#4719 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I just had my best game this afternoon on my GB Prem, and this is exactly what I was thinking of the game. To put it simply, control rules....and don't miss!!

If you think about it it's pretty much the exact antithesis of the movie

#4720 6 years ago

After owning one for a few months I absolutely love this game. I do hope that ecto goggles get cool use in the game. I forget it’s there most of the time. Cool feature but lame use so far

#4721 6 years ago

Joined the club today.

0487650E-F9B3-4423-91DB-5F5962A9837A (resized).jpeg0487650E-F9B3-4423-91DB-5F5962A9837A (resized).jpeg

#4722 6 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Joined the club today.

Congrats! How do you like it so far?

#4723 6 years ago

I've been getting the "Terror Dog Champion" on a regular basis. I've also been noticing that sometimes the "Terror Dog Champion" total is larger than my score for the game, but the game still has me put in my initials. It just had me put in my initials for "TDC" at 98M, but my score for the game was only 70M. Any idea how that works?

#4724 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've been getting the "Terror Dog Champion" on a regular basis. I've also been noticing that sometimes the "Terror Dog Champion" total is larger than my score for the game, but the game still has me put in my initials. It just had me put in my initials for "TDC" at 98M, but my score for the game was only 70M. Any idea how that works?

it's a bug. the Terror Dog Champion counter is bugged, and keeps building up until you power cycle the game.

#4725 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

maybe you have an older version of code V1.13 is most current

#4726 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i own a Pro.
i can hit the right bucket very reliably - on mine, it's just beyond the tip of the flipper from a cradle or roll.
As for the right ramp ... i've owned this game for more than a year, and i STILL haven't found that damn right ramp. I can get it like once a game. As a result, most of my games end on Gozer mode.

Pro owner here....whatever do you mean....Gozer mode ends when you shoot the left ramp 13 times in a row and the timer runs out....right?

#4727 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Pro owner here....whatever do you mean....Gozer mode ends when you shoot the left ramp 13 times in a row and the timer runs out....right?

haha. no, gozer mode NEVER ends because i hit the left ramp 12 times in a row, and drain with 1 second left, thus restarting the timer. or it goes into the pops, and i inevitably get the Add Time "reward".

#4728 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

maybe you have an older version of code V1.13 is most current

It's on 1.13. I think pezpunk is right about it being a bug. I restarted the machine, and the Terror Dog Champion total stopped cycling up on bad games.

#4729 6 years ago

Anyone install the cliffy protectors for the brothers? I noticed the lift the ball and cause air balls . Is ther anothr way to protect those 2 areas?

#4730 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It's on 1.13. I think pezpunk is right about it being a bug. I restarted the machine, and the Terror Dog Champion total stopped cycling up on bad games.

funny I haven't had this yet. I saw this on a sited pinball with 1.1 or something and hence why I asked. I wonder what triggers it? Maybe if you post a new TD highscore it then triggers until its switched off

#4731 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anyone install the cliffy protectors for the brothers? I noticed the lift the ball and cause air balls . Is ther anothr way to protect those 2 areas?

Mylar would probably be your easiest option.

#4732 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

funny I haven't had this yet. I saw this on a sited pinball with 1.1 or something and hence why I asked. I wonder what triggers it? Maybe if you post a new TD highscore it then triggers until its switched off

It hasn't happened since, but then I've been stinking it up lately.

#4733 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

I installed them on mine and hated the way the game played for exactly the reason you described. I took them off that same day and put down some removable vinyl instead.

#4734 6 years ago

really want that update.... Love the game, but my #1 ask is that they include outlane saves in the new code. Make use of those red light inserts, and a game this hard really could use a little softening.

If they don't include outlane saves... I'm installing a center post. Into the playfield. I'm never selling this game. I love it. But if I have to suffer its brutal punishment forever, I may burn it to the ground one day. It will be a crime of passion.

#4735 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

really want that update.... Love the game, but my #1 ask is that they include outlane saves in the new code. Make use of those red light inserts, and a game this hard really could use a little softening.
If they don't include outlane saves... I'm installing a center post. Into the playfield. I'm never selling this game. I love it. But if I have to suffer its brutal punishment forever, I may burn it to the ground one day. It will be a crime of passion.

Have you moved the outlane posts in? It doesnt make a huge difference but it definitely helps a little bit and makes the game more enjoyable.

#4736 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I know exactly what you mean. This game has become an obsession. My games have become battles between me and the machine. Some of them have become quite long....the battles, not the games! I won't go the center post route, but I might try moving the outlanes. I feel like if I make the game easier, it's a concession that the game has won. I'm not quite there yet!

#4737 6 years ago

I switched to the longer flippers and I will say that it feels more like a pinball machine now. Seriously though all the shots that I can regularly make on other pins feel more natural. The game just feels better.
I used to always get frustrated with TFTC because some of the shots were just off enough to make it not just difficult but pretty unfullfilling as a game. I think that the longer flippers on GB makes the game right.
It doesn't stop the SDTM or make the game easier. It just plays better. IMHO

#4738 6 years ago

Hi all - can’t make it thru 95 pages of gb to see if this was previously posted but I’ve got to ask a question —

My brother has a gb pro and little time to work on it (and I haven’t been able to get over there to look at it more thoroughly). Last time I was there we played a few games and then the left flipper seemed to be intermittent or laggy a couple times and then went to just being really weak.

I took the plunger out of the coil and noticed it was magnetized (is that normal) to coil dust. Slight rubbing on sleeve but nothing major. I suggested filing the plunger end but I don’t think that’s the real issue.

Anyone else experienced this and have a thought? I noticed in the menu that there’s flipper power values (slightly different between left and right) but no way to adjust them that I could see???

#4739 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Hi all - can’t make it thru 95 pages of gb to see if this was previously posted but I’ve got to ask a question —
My brother has a gb pro and little time to work on it (and I haven’t been able to get over there to look at it more thoroughly). Last time I was there we played a few games and then the left flipper seemed to be intermittent or laggy a couple times and then went to just being really weak.
I took the plunger out of the coil and noticed it was magnetized (is that normal) to coil dust. Slight rubbing on sleeve but nothing major. I suggested filing the plunger end but I don’t think that’s the real issue.
Anyone else experienced this and have a thought? I noticed in the menu that there’s flipper power values (slightly different between left and right) but no way to adjust them that I could see???

there as a software bug a few revisions back that caused weak flippers. maybe make sure he's on 1.13 code.

#4740 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

there as a software bug a few revisions back that caused weak flippers. maybe make sure he's on 1.13 code.

Thanks pez! I’ll let him know - he’s still running way old code from June 2016, whatever that version was.

#4741 6 years ago

I just got my GB Premium (it joins my new Star Wars Premium). I just bought a few mods: shaker motor, slime river, blades, back board mirror, and the googles and ramp protector plastics. My game came with the Ecto goggles decal upside down. Or is upside down correct? Pictures on Stern’s site show it right side up. Is the top of the Empire State building supposed to be bent and have a hole in it? I assume not. Thanks Michael

IMG_1873 (resized).jpgIMG_1873 (resized).jpg
IMG_1875 (resized).jpgIMG_1875 (resized).jpg
IMG_1880 (resized).jpgIMG_1880 (resized).jpg
IMG_1890 (resized).jpgIMG_1890 (resized).jpg

#4742 6 years ago

Yea that label is upside down. As for the hole in the Empire State Building, that's what we refer to in the biz as "broken"

#4743 6 years ago

Yea that label is upside down. As for the hole in the Empire State Building, that's what we refer to in the biz as "broken"

Thanks. Dave at Stern will be sending me a new decal and a new city scape. (I also had a broken clear plastic on my Star Wars Premium that they responded to my email and will be sending replacements.) They have been very helpful.

Michael

#4744 6 years ago
1 week later
#4745 6 years ago

Hello , my last Mod for the Ghostbusters

arn3 (resized).jpgarn3 (resized).jpg

arn1 (resized).jpgarn1 (resized).jpg

arn3 (resized).jpgarn3 (resized).jpg

#4746 6 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hello , my last Mod for the Ghostbusters

Those ghosts are cool, but I'm even more interested in that Gozer figure you have in your video. How did you get it to fit? I've thought about replacing the plastic with a 3D figure, but there isn't a lot of room because of the flasher above. It's hard to tell from the video, but it looks like you may have removed that entire plastic with the two flasher domes.

#4747 6 years ago

I just noticed that my left flipper sometimes plays week.
It just started to happen a few days ago and only on the left flipper.
I run 1.13
Has anyone experienced something similar before?

#4748 6 years ago

Does anyone have suggestions to get
the ball to feed cleanly to the left flipper after a plunge? Ours used to roll smoothly off the metal rail setting up a clean shot to the right loop or easy catch, but lately it comes down closer to the center of the loop feeding almost to the tip of the left flipper.

Can’t seem to figure out what’s causing this.

Thanks in advance!
Osh

#4749 6 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Does anyone have suggestions to get
the ball to feed cleanly to the left flipper after a plunge? Ours used to roll smoothly off the metal rail setting up a clean shot to the right loop or easy catch, but lately it comes down closer to the center of the loop feeding almost to the tip of the left flipper.
Can’t seem to figure out what’s causing this.
Thanks in advance!
Osh

Short plunge, catch on right flipper and backhand right orbit. Safer anyway

#4750 6 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Short plunge, catch on right flipper and backhand right orbit. Safer anyway

Hehe yeah we don’t really rely on that feed to play but the game is brutal enough when we have friends over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 103.00
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/95?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.