By 30FathomDave

1 year ago

Stats

• 4,670 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by boomgopinball
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 813 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1DE932D-8A7F-4A70-A12E-E595BD9E5F1A (resized).jpeg
6609B7A2-E49B-4C21-B216-F4A6CAED7053 (resized).jpeg
8DC9E1FC-958F-4DFE-A63B-66EB9D47FE9C (resized).jpeg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pic5 (resized).jpg
slimer mech (resized).jpg
27658035_10155791020719504_493022092198119794_n (resized).jpg
6C536ACA-306C-4C55-95E3-91F1A72ABEC5 (resized).jpeg
6E9C22D0-4E60-4A2D-82B9-DB419A4DA088 (resized).jpeg
146B18A3-3FAF-4B2B-B77F-326889B5E3BB (resized).jpeg
0D3A0C32-CF82-4CE6-8E0C-1086AB21E2D2 (resized).jpeg
A5E34373-C728-49C2-ADD1-12EF45668572 (resized).jpeg
B21C128B-7254-43DA-9C08-AC82E1FFC954 (resized).jpeg
80D7D394-C9B9-4E88-BD7F-435EB0CA175F (resized).jpeg
Stern Service Bulletin (resized).JPG
GB Node (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4670 posts in topic. You are on page 94 of 94.
#4651 16 days ago

I wish I could see how I did this; last night I hit a super jackpot for 2.4b. I had 6x PF going and I assume it was also a triple super jackpot from dropping the Scoleri brothers. Even so, that means that the super jackpot amount would have had to be around 135m. I did have SFMB going for quite a while which could have built the jackpot - but 135m? I didn't even get to looping supers.

#4652 16 days ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey you lucky GB pinside owners...I am considering picking up a Ghostbusters Premium,

Have you spent much time playing BOTH the premium and the Pro tables? If you can find a way to play each in someone's home collection, I'd recommend you do. Everyone I've ever met who owns a Pro does not like how the premium plays. For me, the game is hard enough with a wide flipper gap and big outlanes, that adding magna-sling randomness pushes the 'luck factor' too high. Others complain the main ramp is harder to hit on premium, etc...

Also this is a terrible game to play 'on location'. Operators almost always have the outlanes set as large as they can go, and the scoop kickers are almost always shooting straight down the middle because they don't adjust them.

Its a great pin, but I'd caution against it being the only pin in your house. It can be pretty brutal.

#4653 16 days ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Have you spent much time playing BOTH the premium and the Pro tables? If you can find a way to play each in someone's home collection, I'd recommend you do. Everyone I've ever met who owns a Pro does not like how the premium plays. For me, the game is hard enough with a wide flipper gap and big outlanes, that adding magna-sling randomness pushes the 'luck factor' too high. Others complain the main ramp is harder to hit on premium, etc...
Also this is a terrible game to play 'on location'. Operators almost always have the outlanes set as large as they can go, and the scoop kickers are almost always shooting straight down the middle because they don't adjust them.
Its a great pin, but I'd caution against it being the only pin in your house. It can be pretty brutal.

Add me to another pro owner on your list that feels that way....I really dislike the premium's gameplay compared to the pro, the right ramp is annoyingly hard to hit without it rejecting the shot back down, and the left ramp feels really janky. The magna slings are neat for sure, but they can throw your ball in ways that you can't even react too, feels very unfair. To each his own though, I'm sure some love the premium in the reverse way. Brandon not sure where you live but I'd be happy to let you try mine out if you are in my area.

#4654 16 days ago

Stayed up till 3:00 Am adjusting and laser cutting my acrylic air ball protector with green insert logo. Totally worth it. Really highlights the spinner lane.

And before anyone asks, no, I can’t sell these. It has the logo on it. :-p

8DC9E1FC-958F-4DFE-A63B-66EB9D47FE9C (resized).jpeg

6609B7A2-E49B-4C21-B216-F4A6CAED7053 (resized).jpeg

D1DE932D-8A7F-4A70-A12E-E595BD9E5F1A (resized).jpeg

#4656 16 days ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I have spent considerable time on the Pro and the Premium both because i wanted to know which model that i wanted to buy. I first played the pro model on two seperate occasions and then i went and played a Premium model. I knew immediately that the Premium was worth spending the extra money for. This is coming from a guy that buys pro models only. Instead of buying the pro i kept saving my money so i could buy a Premium. Both models are good but i truly feel like the Premium blows the pro model away when it comes to Ghostbusters. The Subway ramp and the Magna slings are the shit.

#4657 16 days ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Has anyone played around with the multitude of difficulty settings on the machine? I noticed while tooling around in the settings that there were a lot of different options "easy, normal, hard, tournament, home, etc." and I was curious what sort of effect these choices would have? I'm assuming they apply a ruleset to the game that overrides many of the factory defaults. Some of the late modes (like Gozer that someone just mentioned) seem nearly impossible to complete with the number of shots they require. Also I decided to finally grab a center post for this....anytime people come over they love the theme and go straight for it but they also have extremely short games due to the difficulty (just about everyone that plays at my place are casual players). I'm also curious to see how it changes the game play for me as well....I've only reached 6 or 7 modes cleared a few times in my entire time owning the machine.

Gozer mode only requires 6 shots total:

phase 1 - right ramp (difficult)
phase 2 - gozer target (easy)
phase 3 - left loop, left ramp, and right loop in any order (easy)
phase 4 - gozer target again (easy)

Honestly, it's simply that right ramp at the beginning that ends up being the blocker for most players. All the other shots are easy. The other thing making that mode extra hard is all the things that light up because they build the cash-in value, but don't actually advance the mode. It's super unclear which is which to people that don't know the mode really well. Someone can hit like a dozen lit shots and wonder why the heck they haven't finished the mode yet.

#4658 16 days ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I wish I could see how I did this; last night I hit a super jackpot for 2.4b. I had 6x PF going and I assume it was also a triple super jackpot from dropping the Scoleri brothers. Even so, that means that the super jackpot amount would have had to be around 135m. I did have SFMB going for quite a while which could have built the jackpot - but 135m? I didn't even get to looping supers.

Did you see it on the display during your game or afterwards in the high score roll? I think the high score roll shows the total of all scored superjackpots in the game (not really sure but if I look at mine it feels the same way you have it).

#4659 15 days ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

It's super unclear which is which to people that don't know the mode really well. Someone can hit like a dozen lit shots and wonder why the heck they haven't finished the mode yet.

Yeah, people will crank right loop for days for no points. I am hoping in the promised code update there could be a better visual indication that the build shoots are something different. Of course those familiar with the game it doesn't matter, but it would help with learning.

#4660 15 days ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Gozer mode only requires 6 shots total:
phase 1 - right ramp (difficult)
phase 2 - gozer target (easy)
phase 3 - left loop, left ramp, and right loop in any order (easy)
phase 4 - gozer target again (easy)
Honestly, it's simply that right ramp at the beginning that ends up being the blocker for most players. All the other shots are easy. The other thing making that mode extra hard is all the things that light up because they build the cash-in value, but don't actually advance the mode. It's super unclear which is which to people that don't know the mode really well. Someone can hit like a dozen lit shots and wonder why the heck they haven't finished the mode yet.

How about the Ballroom mode? I usually time that out but a few times I've cleared all the shots (right saucer, right ramp, right orbit, left ramp, left orbit), the hit Slimer 3x to "hold him", then the left and right orbits light up but I've hit those orbits a few times and they didn't unlight...eventually the mode timed out. I guess now that I think about it I should just play around with the modes with the glass off to learn them.

#4661 15 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Did you see it on the display during your game or afterwards in the high score roll? I think the high score roll shows the total of all scored superjackpots in the game (not really sure but if I look at mine it feels the same way you have it).

It popped up during the game when I hit the shot. The ball drained shortly after ending the game so I didn't get to see what the base jackpot was.

And since the super jackpot champion score is 2.4b and change, that might have been the only one I hit that game.

#4662 15 days ago
Quoted from abagwell:

How about the Ballroom mode? I usually time that out but a few times I've cleared all the shots (right saucer, right ramp, right orbit, left ramp, left orbit), the hit Slimer 3x to "hold him", then the left and right orbits light up but I've hit those orbits a few times and they didn't unlight...eventually the mode timed out. I guess now that I think about it I should just play around with the modes with the glass off to learn them.

The final 2 shots (which I remember as spinner and right ramp) need to be hit in "quick" succession. Basically, the second shot is a hurry up. Need 2 Ghostbusters holding Slimer to set the trap. Theme integration!

#4663 15 days ago
Quoted from imharrow:

The final 2 shots (which I remember as spinner and right ramp) need to be hit in "quick" succession. Basically, the second shot is a hurry up. Need 2 Ghostbusters holding Slimer to set the trap. Theme integration!

I don't believe the shot sequence matters in this mode.

#4664 10 days ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Sorry you are correct it is right ramp and left orbit, I've definitely never hit them in rapid succession after the first 5 shots and holding Slimer, thanks for the info!

#4665 9 days ago

Do you guys play with the game loose and the tilt either insensitive or off. I have tried playing that way just due to how I was getting blasted with the flippers so far apart. It is actually a pretty fun way to play. Instead of just flipping, you have to swing back and forth to catch a straight down the middle ball. Do you have to worry about damaging the box playing this way? Didn't some really old pins, like really old, play like this?

#4666 7 days ago
Quoted from Prefect:

Do you guys play with the game loose and the tilt either insensitive or off. I have tried playing that way just due to how I was getting blasted with the flippers so far apart. It is actually a pretty fun way to play. Instead of just flipping, you have to swing back and forth to catch a straight down the middle ball. Do you have to worry about damaging the box playing this way? Didn't some really old pins, like really old, play like this?

Slide it! Have fun. It should be fine. Just make sure it slides without putting too much stress on the cabinet. Basically you'll most likely need some leveler coasters. I have laminate floors and use some metal coasters with a felt bottom and my pins slide around fine. If you have carpet you might want to check out wood or plastic bottomed sliders.

A caveat. There are reports of cabinets separating at the corner in this thread. It seemed to be a minor issue as it really doesn't come up very often anymore. But to be safe it's probably worth giving you're cab a proper look. If it looks fishy, the corner braces aren't difficult to install.

#4667 5 days ago

Just joined the club this weekend ! Loving the game so far. That gap ain't no joke :-). Anyways Im switching back to the original flippers from carrots. How should I be aligning them so that all shots are hittable? Thanks.

#4668 5 days ago

Mine came from the factory build date october 2017 and were a tiny bit droopy (a lot less droopy than the initial build)

#4669 4 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Mine came from the factory build date october 2017 and were a tiny bit droopy (a lot less droopy than the initial build)

I settled on aligning the tip of the bat with the hole in the field. Seems to be shooting pretty well. Thanks !

#4670 4 days ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Just joined the club this weekend ! Loving the game so far. That gap ain't no joke :-). Anyways Im switching back to the original flippers from carrots. How should I be aligning them so that all shots are hittable? Thanks.

This is a personal preference. They come from the factory slightly lower than most games. I adjusted mine so they are parallel with the inlane guides. It makes it a bit harder to shoot the right ramp, but I find it shoots better overall.

#4671 4 days ago

This is probably a dumb question, but do new production runs have all of the service bulletin items installed at the factory?

#4672 4 days ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This is probably a dumb question, but do new production runs have all of the service bulletin items installed at the factory?

"All" is a strong word, but yes. Stern does start to put them into the production line. The ecto goggle guard is even painted black in production models.

#4673 4 days ago

Mine had the capacitor modification installed from the factory (build date october)

#4674 3 days ago

question: anyone considered adding an led strip inside the library? Maybe opening a few of the windows or something? Mine has a hole in the back that would easily fit an led or strip and thought it might look cool. Anyone try this of thoughts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 93.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4670 posts in topic. You are on page 94 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside