IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 250.
#4601 6 years ago

Regarding Service Bulletin 189 (Core Node Stabilization Kit 502-7061-00), what am I missing here...literally I'm missing something!!! The metal tab and hole at D9 does not exist.... Below are snapshots from the Stern service bulletin and my node board missing the metal tab at D9.

GB Node2 (resized).JPGGB Node2 (resized).JPG

GB Node (resized).JPGGB Node (resized).JPG

Stern Service Bulletin (resized).JPGStern Service Bulletin (resized).JPG

#4602 6 years ago

Is this the sub you guys are talking about?

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer-Single/dp/B0002KVQBA

What happens if I have AS and GB hooked up to it and both are being played at the same time?

What else do I need to hook this stuff up? Just speaker wire? Anyone have a picture of their hookups or diagram? Thanks.

#4603 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

amazon.com link »
What happens if I have AS and GB hooked up to it and both are being played at the same time?
What else do I need to hook this stuff up? Just speaker wire? Anyone have a picture of their hookups or diagram? Thanks.

Yes that's the one. I only have my subs hooked up to single pins.

#4604 6 years ago

What happens is you get sub from both games . Just use rca cables to hook up the sub

#4605 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

amazon.com link »

Just speaker wire, run it from your cabinet woofer to the sub speaker level inputs, you can hook one game to left and one to right no problems.

#4606 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

amazon.com link »

I recommend going bigger. Just my $.02

#4607 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you have a cliffy installed for the bros? If so, that is causing the issue no question.

No cliffy on skelari brothers. I'll be sure not to install them after hearing this. It turned out that the air ball protector didn't have washers under the two left nuts that connect it to the left plastic. I noticed that the ball was generating friction against the protector occasionally. Kind of surprising that the 1/16th of an inch could make that much of a difference, but just for future reference this was my problem. Tried to put on 1/8 inch spacers, but the screw isn't long enough. Works great now with standard size playfield washers.

#4608 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Regarding Service Bulletin 189 (Core Node Stabilization Kit 502-7061-00), what am I missing here...literally I'm missing something!!! The metal tab and hole at D9 does not exist.... Below are snapshots from the Stern service bulletin and my node board missing the metal tab at D9.

My game is the same way,I just disregard the service bulletin on this game,nothing to do and game plays fine.

#4609 6 years ago

Looks like that is already an altered Node Board.

#4610 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I recommend going bigger. Just my $.02

What would you recommend?

#4611 6 years ago

I have two brand new node boards and a light board from when I was having issues with my ghostbusters, it turned out to be a couple bad wire crimps in the wire if harness,
Does anyone need these, are they worth anything?
Looking for offers I guess

80D7D394-C9B9-4E88-BD7F-435EB0CA175F (resized).jpeg80D7D394-C9B9-4E88-BD7F-435EB0CA175F (resized).jpeg
B21C128B-7254-43DA-9C08-AC82E1FFC954 (resized).jpegB21C128B-7254-43DA-9C08-AC82E1FFC954 (resized).jpeg
A5E34373-C728-49C2-ADD1-12EF45668572 (resized).jpegA5E34373-C728-49C2-ADD1-12EF45668572 (resized).jpeg
0D3A0C32-CF82-4CE6-8E0C-1086AB21E2D2 (resized).jpeg0D3A0C32-CF82-4CE6-8E0C-1086AB21E2D2 (resized).jpeg
146B18A3-3FAF-4B2B-B77F-326889B5E3BB (resized).jpeg146B18A3-3FAF-4B2B-B77F-326889B5E3BB (resized).jpeg
6E9C22D0-4E60-4A2D-82B9-DB419A4DA088 (resized).jpeg6E9C22D0-4E60-4A2D-82B9-DB419A4DA088 (resized).jpeg
6C536ACA-306C-4C55-95E3-91F1A72ABEC5 (resized).jpeg6C536ACA-306C-4C55-95E3-91F1A72ABEC5 (resized).jpeg

#4612 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I have two brand new node boards and a light board from when I was having issues with my ghostbusters, it turned out to be a couple bad wire crimps in the wire if harness,
Does anyone need these, are they worth anything?
Looking for offers I guess

I'd hold on to them. It's always nice to have backups.

#4613 6 years ago

Lookin for a le pm if your done with it lol cash in hand

#4614 6 years ago

My ghostbusters is gone I traded for a medieval madness so just looking to clean up some stuff.

#4615 6 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Lookin for a le pm if your done with it lol cash in hand

Anyone somebody come on you know your sick of that old full roaming vapor take this stack of cash!!

#4616 6 years ago

Too bad, I couldn’t find anyone interested in buying one before Xmas

#4617 6 years ago

I did some research and found some values for these
They are now posted

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
“Looking to sell some new node boards. These are all unused in perfect condition They may fit other games please check numbers as I don’t know Cabinet node board $115 shipped l...”
2018-01-31
Uxbridge, MA
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 353 times

#4618 6 years ago

so the last time I shopped my GB pro I tried to adjust my slimer mech because it was not registering hits well. When re-assembled, the problem just got worse, and I found out that the 'old' style slimer mechs are faulty and have been replaced on the line with a new model.

Unfortunately I was already a year over my warranty and so my only option was to buy a NEW slimer mech, quoted at $250....

So I thought I might as well try to fix it myself on the cheap before dropping that much cash. The problem, is that the 2 plastic pieces that hold the 'ball' above slimer did not allow the cable to swing enough to touch the rims of the circuit board. so I removed the two plastic pieces, and cut my own replacement spacers, using the top plastic layer as a template. I scanned the top protective plastic piece, and drew the same shape, with a wider negative space inside to allow the cable to swing around more inside. Then I cut x3 (1/8") spacer shapes with my laser cutter and put the thing all back together. Now slimers cable hangs right where it should, and is free to move when hit.

for anyone with an old slimer who does not want to drop $250 on a new one, this is a viable option. His plastic ball is now hanging down, I could cut it off at this point but It doesn't really bother me.

Glad he's back in action, the game is a lot harder when he's disabled.

27658035_10155791020719504_493022092198119794_n (resized).jpg27658035_10155791020719504_493022092198119794_n (resized).jpg

slimer mech (resized).jpgslimer mech (resized).jpg

#4619 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector

Have a few left in stock: left ramp airball protector....and right orbit protector.

pic5 (resized).jpgpic5 (resized).jpg

pic7 (resized).jpgpic7 (resized).jpg

#4620 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

so the last time I shopped my GB pro I tried to adjust my slimer mech because it was not registering hits well. When re-assembled, the problem just got worse, and I found out that the 'old' style slimer mechs are faulty and have been replaced on the line with a new model.
Unfortunately I was already a year over my warranty and so my only option was to buy a NEW slimer mech, quoted at $250....
So I thought I might as well try to fix it myself on the cheap before dropping that much cash. The problem, is that the 2 plastic pieces that hold the 'ball' above slimer did not allow the cable to swing enough to touch the rims of the circuit board. so I removed the two plastic pieces, and cut my own replacement spacers, using the top plastic layer as a template. I scanned the top protective plastic piece, and drew the same shape, with a wider negative space inside to allow the cable to swing around more inside. Then I cut x3 (1/8") spacer shapes with my laser cutter and put the thing all back together. Now slimers cable hangs right where it should, and is free to move when hit.
for anyone with an old slimer who does not want to drop $250 on a new one, this is a viable option. His plastic ball is now hanging down, I could cut it off at this point but It doesn't really bother me.
Glad he's back in action, the game is a lot harder when he's disabled.

Now that is sweet, you could sell that. I'd buy one. How much?

#4621 6 years ago

Is $3950 a decent price for a pro?

#4622 6 years ago
Quoted from Prefect:

Phenomenal price even if routed IMO.

#4623 6 years ago

I think so, i guess depending on condition

#4624 6 years ago

So if Ihave a 10 year old sub, would that work or shoulud I spend the $90 and get the new 10" one?

#4625 6 years ago
Quoted from Prefect:

Uhhhh...?
F'n Ya !

#4626 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think so, i guess depending on condition

guess so? That's a crazy good price. Lowest I've seen. Unless it's on fire I would get it

#4627 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

So if Ihave a 10 year old sub, would that work or shoulud I spend the $90 and get the new 10" one?

Absolutely as long as the cone is good and the seal around it isn't cracked or dried out

#4628 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Uhhhh...?
F'n Ya !

I disagree...I think you should give me the guys name who's asking that outrageous price so I can kick his ass!!

#4629 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I disagree...I think you should give me the guys name who's asking that outrageous price so I can kick his ass!!

Ok

#4630 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now that is sweet, you could sell that. I'd buy one. How much?

$5 + Shipping? It's a pretty simple job. I could do it in wood, black acrylic, or green acrylic.

I'll print at cut one in each material so you can see what they look like if you are interested.

#4631 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I tried hooking up a couple old subs to several of my pins last weekend. Ghostbusters made the most difference by far - sounds incredible. It is a combination of the factory sub being a little lacking and an excellent base heavy soundtrack.

#4632 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I tried hooking up a couple old subs to several of my pins last weekend. Ghostbusters made the most difference by far - sounds incredible. It is a combination of the factory sub being a little lacking and an excellent base heavy soundtrack.

I've had the Pinnovators board and a 10 inch powered sub on my GB Pro since I bought it and love it. Another game this combo sounds great on is Jackbot, I just did mine and it sounds terrific.

#4633 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

$5 + Shipping? It's a pretty simple job. I could do it in wood, black acrylic, or green acrylic.
I'll print at cut one in each material so you can see what they look like if you are interested.

I'll take one in black acrylic. PM me.

#4634 6 years ago

so I've been out of the protection loop for awhile but my game occasionally has the ball jumping behind Stay Puff when hitting a hard right orbit shot. Is there a protector now or something to prevent that from happening?

Round 2 with this game and I really appreciate it more now. It's so unique and with the updated custom soundtrack, it's really enjoyable.

#4635 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I've been out of the protection loop for awhile but my game occasionally has the ball jumping behind Stay Puff when hitting a hard right orbit shot. Is there a protector now or something to prevent that from happening?
Round 2 with this game and I really appreciate it more now. It's so unique and with the updated custom soundtrack, it's really enjoyable.

cpr9999 makes a right loop protector that works great!

#4636 6 years ago

Is the color changing Marshmallow Man implemented / coded as per the feature matrix? I can’t say I’ve noticed it changing colour, but I may not have been paying attention!

#4637 6 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Is the color changing Marshmallow Man implemented / coded as per the feature matrix? I can’t say I’ve noticed it changing colour, but I may not have been paying attention!

I have wondered this myself or if it is a premium / le thing only?

can anyone confirm this?

#4638 6 years ago

never seen the marshmallow man change colour.

#4639 6 years ago

The feature matrix says it’s all 3 models (pro/premium/le). I’m curious if it’s not yet programmed, or if there’s even an RGB light there?

#4640 6 years ago

yes they did say it was a feature but never seen it

#4641 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There is a piece of mylar right before the turn back there that is often the cause of this. If your game still has the mylar, I would suggest removing it.

#4642 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

never seen the marshmallow man change colour.

Quoted from Zzap:

The feature matrix says it’s all 3 models (pro/premium/le). I’m curious if it’s not yet programmed, or if there’s even an RGB light there?

There's definitely an RGB LED in Marshmallow Man. You can see all 3 colors in test mode. However, I can't recall noticing if he changes colors during gameplay with the current code.

#4643 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is a piece of mylar right before the turn back there that is often the cause of this. If your game still has the mylar, I would suggest removing it.

Had that exact problem and removing the Mylar fixed it for me. It was easy to remove, pulled right up after I worked a corner with my fingernail.

#4644 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

There's definitely an RGB LED in Marshmallow Man. You can see all 3 colors in test mode. However, I can't recall noticing if he changes colors during gameplay with the current code.

I was in Staypuft mode last week, and saw him changing colors. If you dont look directly at him, you will miss it.

#4645 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I was in Staypuft mode last week, and saw him changing colors. If you dont look directly at him, you will miss it.

LOL I think a lot of us haven’t even made it to Stay Puft mode hence not seeing the rgb colors in him

#4646 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

LOL I think a lot of us haven’t even made it to Stay Puft mode hence not seeing the rgb colors in him

Gozer mode is often my roadblock on that ladder. It just seems to never end. I have more luck shooting "safe" shots and eventually those 40 seconds will run out.

Recently in a tournament I did just that on ball 2 and drained before lighting Stay Puft. So on ball 3 I basically had that mode lit if I hit the skill shot. Started the ball with 200m and player 2 was not above 100m at that point. Plunged, Skill shot, finished the mode and later drained with high 800's. It's never over, but that was a pretty relaxed ball 3 for player 2 from where I was standing. Won that game by a good margin. Stay Puft is such a fun mode and can really put some distance between you and your opponents in a tournament setting. Granted, I've only been there a handful of times.

#4647 6 years ago

I have seen him changing colors in stay puft mode. For 5 seconds until the distraction caused me to drain miserably!

#4648 6 years ago

Hey you lucky GB pinside owners...I am considering picking up a Ghostbusters Premium, but may hold...this would be my first pin...(actually my parents had one when I was a kid (Black Belt), kind of a crappy game and was never serviced/maintained.)

Question - anyone have any insight / thoughts or confirmation on when to buy before Stern stops producing these? If I hold on buying until sometime next year, I'd rather not be in a similar situation that seems to have happened to Star Trek (no longer produced etc and those that are NIB are going up in price). Right now a dealer near me is selling for $7,099 list for the GB Premium and thinking that's not too bad.

I have heard from word of mouth, that these newer Stern pins are likely to get reproduced as demand dictates, but I'm not sure if that's just speculation

If anyone have some insight, any information appreciated. Cheers & Thanks!

#4649 6 years ago

Hmm, GB Premium and Pro will run for some time. Even when they will stop most op the times they will announce it as they final run.
So there is no point on missing out. But when you look at the second hand market, these will pop up regular. With new titles coming out and most people with only limited room, these will pop up (I expect). And knowing Stern a vault edition or re-run after production has stopped is also likely.

I would not worry to much on missing out. Safe up some money en when a machine for the right price comes by, get it.

#4650 6 years ago

Has anyone played around with the multitude of difficulty settings on the machine? I noticed while tooling around in the settings that there were a lot of different options "easy, normal, hard, tournament, home, etc." and I was curious what sort of effect these choices would have? I'm assuming they apply a ruleset to the game that overrides many of the factory defaults. Some of the late modes (like Gozer that someone just mentioned) seem nearly impossible to complete with the number of shots they require. Also I decided to finally grab a center post for this....anytime people come over they love the theme and go straight for it but they also have extremely short games due to the difficulty (just about everyone that plays at my place are casual players). I'm also curious to see how it changes the game play for me as well....I've only reached 6 or 7 modes cleared a few times in my entire time owning the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.